Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Anyone want to do that on Infernal lol? Without Brave Bow.  Normal Bows or Prf Bows are free game.

Well...I eventually caved and broke out the medium-sized guns, but I did it, I guess.

Spoiler

Never again.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Well...I eventually caved and broke out the medium-sized guns, but I did it, I guess.

Hey! That was nice. Great use of various HP based skills. And Cupid Arrow is free game, like I said.

LOL low battery remaining.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I was able to beat the map using the same strategy as @ShadowYoshi. Thank you for your very helpful video!

The only difference was that I was using Takumi. Since he's -Speed he couldn't finish off the archer in the first round. I had to equip him with a Speed Seal and gave one of the two Olivias I was using a Hone Speed Seal. Rest was pretty much the same aside from a few positioning differences. Really, I know the archer+dancer teams are pretty cheap, but they do get the job done for people like me, who don't have some of the key units like Camus, Ursula or others.

@Vaximillian @mampfoid @Arcanite @Zeo @mcsilas Valter's GHB was the very first Infernal map that I ever cleared... And now, months later, I'm able to do more fun stuff like this~ I call this run: "Why Is Valter The Easiest Enemy On This Whole Dang Map"

Some updates to Clarisse and her team of supporters, especially for Lucina, thanks to a nice pull on the Legendary banner. Ninian was really only there because she starts with Escape Route and I didn't have any extra Cecilias, although she also proved helpful near the end as bait. There were a lot of kills that Clarisse just barely grabbed, and there are probably some moves I could've done better, but... I recorded this at 1 AM last night. I don't particularly feel like doing it over again, not after how much trial-and-error this took in the first place

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Vaximillian @mampfoid @Arcanite @Zeo @mcsilas Valter's GHB was the very first Infernal map that I ever cleared... And now, months later, I'm able to do more fun stuff like this~ I call this run: "Why Is Valter The Easiest Enemy On This Whole Dang Map"

Some updates to Clarisse and her team of supporters, especially for Lucina, thanks to a nice pull on the Legendary banner. Ninian was really only there because she starts with Escape Route and I didn't have any extra Cecilias, although she also proved helpful near the end as bait. There were a lot of kills that Clarisse just barely grabbed, and there are probably some moves I could've done better, but... I recorded this at 1 AM last night. I don't particularly feel like doing it over again, not after how much trial-and-error this took in the first place

That was nice to watch, your Clarisse is getting cooler and cooler. How many refinements of her bow did you give her? +DEF was unexpected. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

That was nice to watch, your Clarisse is getting cooler and cooler. How many refinements of her bow did you give her? +DEF was unexpected. 

Thanks! I've actually only given her a Def-refine so far, though Res and Spd are probably gonna be added sometime soon. Def was just the first one I gave her, since it best matched my intention of making her a tank with debuffs, and it seems to have worked out well enough so far. But if dragons and mages continue to be so frequent and threatening in future GHBs, then Res especially would be nice to give her. Though, I have given her nearly every -breaker skill, plus Seal Def 3 and Poison Strike, so she's definitely flexible in that area right now.

I cant find a way to beat this with the Askr Trio and Fjorm like i used to find a way against Lyon or all other GHB/BHB . Too little space, too many reinforcements, there is literally no place or way to Wings of Mercy or Escape route myself out of the way when shit is about to hit the fan :/

I'd also like to note that Alfonse is fucking garbage again.  Maybe i try some more tomorrow

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I'd also like to note that Alfonse is fucking garbage again.

Noted

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Valter's GHB was the very first Infernal map that I ever cleared... And now, months later, I'm able to do more fun stuff like this~ I call this run: "Why Is Valter The Easiest Enemy On This Whole Dang Map"

Ikr 

I killed valter like 3rd or 4th turn lol

Nice job.... You filth!

This is probably the toughest GHB in my opinion. I thought so the last time it was ran when I couldn't even clear lunatic. I did manage to infantry clear Lunatic this time. And I even pulled it off with my theme team(Soleil/Charlotte/Inigo/Fanlivia). Though I was about to throw heroes out the window when I finally stumbled upon a series of movements and equipped skills that got the AI to line up how I wanted. For Infernal I gave it a shot with Armor and Infantry and Mixed teams before saying screw it and fought Flier with Flier. Just not enough room to move around on this map unless you can fly. Summer Corrin/Witch Nowi/Flying Azura/Cordelia made short work of them all. Though on the second to last turn I thought I was going to lose. It looked like Nowi was going to miss killing a green flyer by 1 HP. Then I realized I could move Cordelia and her goad to get coverage and take out a lance flier as well. All I would have to do is make sure Corrin was blocking her from hit and running. Seriously there are times when I wish you could choose whether to use that effect or not.

Anyways, really don't care much for this one. It is definitely a flier map through and through.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I cant find a way to beat this with the Askr Trio and Fjorm like i used to find a way against Lyon or all other GHB/BHB . Too little space, too many reinforcements, there is literally no place or way to Wings of Mercy or Escape route myself out of the way when shit is about to hit the fan :/

I'd also like to note that Alfonse is fucking garbage again.  Maybe i try some more tomorrow

I've been trying to do fancy things with Kagerou. With some boosts, she can ORKO pretty much everyone except Valter and the Sword Armor with Smoke Dagger Spd refine, but only using her to attack doesn't kill things fast enough. This map is pretty hard to do gimmicks on...

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Anyways, really don't care much for this one. It is definitely a flier map through and through.

You can beat it with Cav pretty easily especially since Rein destroys reds and blues. I used him, Cecilia and Xander+Azura. Now with Bow Lyn, it will be even easier.

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm extremely jealous of Clarisse in particular in this one as she debuffs like Matt does but she's an archer who trivialized Valter who was such a commanding presence in this GHB. This GHB was also a prime example of how Summoner Support can shift things around. There were quite a few cases where Clarisse had just enough ATK to secure the kill. Ninian's use of Escape Route was great as well. All in all I love how easy you made it look. 

@mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Rezzy @Johann @Kaden @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefaultBeep @Vaximillian @Ginko @Nosmur @Fei Mao @Hilda@eclipse

For me, I'm not even going to pretend this was easy. Lunatic 11/12 CC, GHB Robin infernal, GHB Berkut, there has not been a challenge like this one. Beating this GHB on Infernal with my team was the single hardest thing I've ever done in Heroes bar none. I tried countless seal and skill combinations and was on the verge of giving up quite a few times but I persevered. Turns out the key was baiting the AI into some key spots, giving Inigo the Dancer skill that all dancers normally have and shockingly enough, giving Matt his native Poison Strike for this one.

The Panic Ploy units messed me up in so many different places and made it so hard to keep the team together along with the layout to the point that end the unit, they kinda had to split up and fulfill roles at times. That armor is the bane of my existence. But I did it and I'm proud. This map was a specific hard counter to my team, but it made me believe that if I can beat this map with them, I can beat anything. I almost caved and gave Matt Summoner Support for this map myself. But I resolved to wait until he's +5, and so I shall. Another map where a +ATK Matt would have made this so much easier, but enough rambling. Took a ridiculous amount of stamina potions but here it is. My greatest achievement.

Also if you don't want to be tagged again just lemme know. I'm probably going to tackle the coming week of daily GHB's with this team, including Xander's new infernal. Should be interesting.

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm extremely jealous of Clarisse in particular in this one as she debuffs like Matt does but she's an archer who trivialized Valter who was such a commanding presence in this GHB. This GHB was also a prime example of how Summoner Support can shift things around. There were quite a few cases where Clarisse had just enough ATK to secure the kill. Ninian's use of Escape Route was great as well. All in all I love how easy you made it look. 

@mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Rezzy @Johann @Kaden @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefaultBeep @Vaximillian @Ginko @Nosmur @Fei Mao @Hilda

For me, I'm not even going to pretend this was easy. Lunatic 11/12 CC, GHB Robin infernal, GHB Berkut, there has not been a challenge like this one. Beating this GHB on Infernal with my team was the single hardest thing I've ever done in Heroes bar none. I tried countless seal and skill combinations and was on the verge of giving up quite a few times but I persevered. Turns out the key was baiting the AI into some key spots, giving Inigo the Dancer skill that all dancers normally have and shockingly enough, giving Matt his native Poison Strike for this one.

The Panic Ploy units messed me up in so many different places and made it so hard to keep the team together along with the layout to the point that end the unit, they kinda had to split up and fulfill roles at times. That armor is the bane of my existence. But I did it and I'm proud. This map was a specific hard counter to my team, but it made me believe that if I can beat this map with them, I can beat anything. I almost caved and gave Matt Summoner Support for this map myself. But I resolved to wait until he's +5, and so I shall. Another map where a +ATK Matt would have made this so much easier, but enough rambling. Took a ridiculous amount of stamina potions but here it is. My greatest achievement.

Also if you don't want to be tagged again just lemme know. I'm probably going to tackle the coming week of daily GHB's with this team, including Xander's new infernal. Should be interesting.

Congrats!

I'm looking forward to more merges for Ursula and Xander.  I've got both on my Arena Team, so it should help quite a bit.

@Zeo Very nice! I'm thinking of doing something like this with Kagerou. So you don't normally use Dance on Inigo?

ngl I was kinda disappointed your strat didn't involve Gravity+ when the enemies all gathered around near the end

Btw, you probably don't need to show all the enemy stats one by one the next time you record. A bit boring to look at static enemy stats for 30 seconds.

@Zeo Niiiiiiice. Must be a sweet feeling using Matthew to finish off Valter, and hooray for his native Poison Strike being a key factor.  That last bit in the end where they all huddle together to the top corner must've been really nerve-wracking. I really want an Inigo even more now

But yeah Wary Fighter Knights are super annoying to face especially if you don't have Breakers

@DefaultBeep Nice! I always enjoy when units use the skills/weapons they have naturally. Great use of Escape Route Ninian as well! 

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo Very nice! I'm thinking of doing something like this with Kagerou. So you don't normally use Dance on Inigo?

ngl I was kinda disappointed your strat didn't involve Gravity+ when the enemies all gathered around near the end

Btw, you probably don't need to show all the enemy stats one by one the next time you record. A bit boring to look at static enemy stats for 30 seconds.

I really wanted to, but the different times I tried that someone would usually end up getting clipped and die. positioning and healing is tricky with a Physic healer. It's both a blessing and a curse in some ways.

Yeah maybe I'll just click on them instead of going in the actual picture. Would save a good few seconds. And yeah I run Dance of course, the "Dancer" skill I mentioned was actually WoM3 lol. Inigo is the only dancer I have that runs his native B Skill, but this was a special case and I needed the good old BnB dancer B skill.

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Niiiiiiice. Must be a sweet feeling using Matthew to finish off Valter, and hooray for his native Poison Strike being a key factor.  That last bit in the end where they all huddle together to the top corner must've been really nerve-wracking. I really want an Inigo even more now

But yeah Wary Fighter Knights are super annoying to face especially if you don't have Breakers

PA!Azura could've handled the job just as well. Inigo never actually needed to attack this time around, only tank Valter at the end. And yes after doing this GHB a million times I could have finished him off with Genny but I had to do it with Matthew. This map is the devil and so is Valter and that sub-human red armor. Never again and good riddance.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yeah maybe I'll just click on them instead of going in the actual picture. Would save a good few seconds.

Well, people who play the game could just open their game or go to any website (such as this thread) to check the stats, while the stats and skills mean nothing to someone who doesn't play. So really, I think you can cut that out completely, since viewers won't really watch it.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo Nice work! Some tense moments near the end with Matt and Genny tanking that Brave Axe and Red Mage Cav. Also, I just noticed that your Youtube Profile Pic is Yunsung hope he makes it in the new Soul Calibur.

@Zeo I must say that you earn my respect to make your favourite unit to be that amazing!! . This time I didn't do my own vid because it is Summer Gaius. It is not fair, he will cheese this level. But the very 1st time this level release last year. I must say I didn't use his brave bow build to clear this map. I use firesweep bow build and it was hard to double with firesweep bow.

Thanks for tagging me, it is an honor. Feel free to tag me next time ^^

6 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

@Zeo Nice work! Some tense moments near the end with Matt and Genny tanking that Brave Axe and Red Mage Cav. Also, I just noticed that your Youtube Profile Pic is Yunsung hope he makes it in the new Soul Calibur.

He's actually my favorite character, so here's hoping. And thanks! What was interesting was the mage cav going for Matthew instead of Genny, that was and remains a head-scratcher there.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Great job, Matthew even killed Valter in the end. I imagine that took some time (and pots) to solve. Biggest surprise was Genny tanking the Brave Axe Cav. 

+DEF/-HP Genny (24) + Rogue Dagger buff (30) + Drive Def 2 seal = 33 DEF. And the Cav was ATK Smoked to boot. And she still had Miracle charged as extra extra insurance.

25 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo I must say that you earn my respect to make your favourite unit to be that amazing!! . This time I didn't do my own vid because it is Summer Gaius. It is not fair, he will cheese this level. But the very 1st time this level release last year. I must say I didn't use his brave bow build to clear this map. I use firesweep bow build and it was hard to double with firesweep bow.

Thanks for tagging me, it is an honor. Feel free to tag me next time ^^

I probably won't be as interested in recording the Navarre run as Matthew really trivialized that stage in particular, but I'll still do it for consistency. Thanks also! It's not the end for Matt here either. He's got 6 more merges to go, he still needs his +ATK nature (which will take him up 4 points of ATK) and I haven't even given him Summoner Support which he's not getting until he's +5, so he's still got a long way to go!

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

+DEF/-HP Genny (24) + Rogue Dagger buff (30) + Drive Def 2 seal = 33 DEF. And the Cav was ATK Smoked to boot. And she still had Miracle charged as extra extra insurance.

Ooooh nice.

Suddenly this makes me want to use my +Def/-Res Genny more than my neutral one. (Still undecided who to use for fodder whenever the right healer comes). I mean I know it's the Def buff stacks as well but I'm impressed haha

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ooooh nice.

Suddenly this makes me want to use my +Def/-Res Genny more than my neutral one. (Still undecided who to use for fodder whenever the right healer comes). I mean I know it's the Def buff stacks as well but I'm impressed haha

What I've learned is never to disregard your character's boon, even if the bane isn't optimal you can create entire builds of units based on their boon even if it isn't ATK or SPD. My Lute is +RES/-ATK but with Fury that's 40 RES. Slap Guard on her and she's an instant Reinhardt Check.

As for my Genny It just happened to work out here, but Genny can generally take a solid hit if she's not doubled. Only thing is she's doubled quite often. Serra on the other hand has comparable physical bulk, but with 34 SPD vs 25 (Genny has Speed +3 as her A seal so 28) so I look forward to building her even if she doesn't hit quite as hard.

And yeah, Neutral is a safe bet as Genny doesn't want to see combat. But at this point I'd probably go for the +DEF/-RES one personally. I've gotten that nature on so many units and I appreciate the extra DEF honestly.