Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

36 minutes ago, 豊聡耳 神子 said:

This was the very first GHB I could beat on infernal. It was defintely the easiest map because it was an outdoor map, so terrainfriendly towards horses. Brave Lyn was the key to success.

Unfortunately I couldn't beat Valter with Valter because he was too weak while the others were too strong (ORKO'ed him). 

However beating him on highest difficulty and getting all the extra rewards except for one is pretty good for me.

You should have run your Valter through Arena Assault and kept surrendering until you found someone with a level 40 Valter you could beat. The quest didn't state that Valter had to be beaten within the GHB, so any Valter would have been fine. Many people were using only a single weaponless Valter for their defense teams to help people with these quests.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardest quest here for me was "kill lvl 40 valter with Shareena," of all things. As I've put absolutely no investment into her, and still had her sitting at 4 stars with no skill inheritance.

Sacked a 4 star Arthur and gave he lancebreaker 2 to get her to an adequate performance level, and even then, it took quite a bit of trial-and-error to clear the map in a manner where Valter was left weakened-but-not-dead at the end of it, with Shareena free to swoop on in and finish with a double-tap.

_____

Infernal went down easily enough to a fairly standard squad of H! Nowi, NY! Azua, Fjorm, and B! Lyn.

All the Panic Ploys getting tossed around made spamming [Hone Flier] a bit less mindless then usual--had to keep a close eye on enemy skills and pay careful attention to where I was parking Nowi end-of-turn.

But its still doable. 

This was fun. I had fun with this one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 4:32 AM, Zeo said:

I'm extremely jealous of Clarisse in particular in this one as she debuffs like Matt does but she's an archer who trivialized Valter who was such a commanding presence in this GHB. This GHB was also a prime example of how Summoner Support can shift things around. There were quite a few cases where Clarisse had just enough ATK to secure the kill. Ninian's use of Escape Route was great as well. All in all I love how easy you made it look. 

@mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Rezzy @Johann @Kaden @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefaultBeep @Vaximillian @Ginko @Nosmur @Fei Mao @Hilda@eclipse

For me, I'm not even going to pretend this was easy. Lunatic 11/12 CC, GHB Robin infernal, GHB Berkut, there has not been a challenge like this one. Beating this GHB on Infernal with my team was the single hardest thing I've ever done in Heroes bar none. I tried countless seal and skill combinations and was on the verge of giving up quite a few times but I persevered. Turns out the key was baiting the AI into some key spots, giving Inigo the Dancer skill that all dancers normally have and shockingly enough, giving Matt his native Poison Strike for this one.

The Panic Ploy units messed me up in so many different places and made it so hard to keep the team together along with the layout to the point that end the unit, they kinda had to split up and fulfill roles at times. That armor is the bane of my existence. But I did it and I'm proud. This map was a specific hard counter to my team, but it made me believe that if I can beat this map with them, I can beat anything. I almost caved and gave Matt Summoner Support for this map myself. But I resolved to wait until he's +5, and so I shall. Another map where a +ATK Matt would have made this so much easier, but enough rambling. Took a ridiculous amount of stamina potions but here it is. My greatest achievement.

Also if you don't want to be tagged again just lemme know. I'm probably going to tackle the coming week of daily GHB's with this team, including Xander's new infernal. Should be interesting.

Sorry bro, i'm out of the life (but not of FE hehehe) 'cause i started to work a few weeks ago, i just see the video.

Awesome as always man, i'm really proud of that Matthew (and it's not mine... Hahahaha) continue like this bro!

And yeah, i want to be tagged, it's always a pleasure to see these infernal runs, and, ofc, see that Matthew in action!

• 1 month later...

This one's difficult enough that I decided to run a new team.

Wind: Lyn Emblem
Water: Draug, Sheena, Effie, Gwendolyn
Earth: Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, RD Ike
Fire: Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, Ninian, PA Olivia

Have not been forced to apply additional blessings so far. The GHB elite quests are still doable with my initial teams. I'm curious for Camus though. 

Meanwhile I didn't try an one turn clear here, since I knew already beforehand Valter and his Wary Fighter Sword Knight would make it impossible for my current units. I'll come back to this map as soon as I get GF fodder for Oscar though. 

Just the right difficulty. I'm rather amazed that out of all of my teams I've only had to switch out 1 character and that was for the legion map

Edited by silveraura25

Had a bit of a tough time going into it (especially with Earth strangely), but it all worked out in the end.

Fire: W!Lissa, Marx, Tailtiu, B!Lyn
Wind: Bunmilla, Soren, L'Arachel, Airzura
Earth: L!Ike, B!Ike, Nowi, Frima

Water: Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, Fjorm (I've done this with just Nowi and Witch Nowi on Infernal but this still gave me trouble for some reason, the Brave Axe at the end got me a lot)

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus, Frederick

Fire: Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin

Earth: Sanaki, Oliver, Soren, L Ike (as the sole physical baiter on the team it was good he was able to tank Valter with his husbando bonus from Soren and Sanaki's Drive Defense)

Took a few tries but was pretty manageable for the Lunatic blessing stuff. Beat Infernal a while ago so probably won't bother again.

Water: Ryoma Reinhardt Hector Fjorm (arena team)
Earth: Ayra Lancina Fae Sakura
Fire: Xander Olwen Olwen(T) Priscilla
Wind: Olivia Nino Tana ATiki

Fire took the most attempts on this one, which I found odd because it’s 3 dragons and Ephraim. Wind was basically Faye running around at the top of the map OHKO’ing the peg reinforcements and Gunnthra, Arvis, and Julia dealing with the bottom. I forgot that I had given Reinhardt and Cherche Earth blessings, so I dropped them in instead of Hector and Effie for a pretty easy victory. Fae tanked just about half the map for the water team, with Fjorm and Caeda handling red things.

The Caeda Infernal clear:

Spoiler

First one, Earth, took a few tries to get a feel for the map again, and Fire was a bit tricky since BK was my only unit capable of semi reliably doubling, but wind and water weren't as bad as I'd been worrying. IIRC, two tries each.

I have to say, Jeorge is proving himself despite barely being built, not having an A or a B slot or an assist. He helped not insignificantly in this and I think Berkut's, and hasn't actually ever gotten in the way in the others.

This one was weird in that I expected it to be one of the more challenging ones yet I somehow managed 3/4 teams on my first try.

Fire: Celica, Micaiah, Marisa, and Cherche, no problems.

Earth: A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Ninian, Myrrh, again no problems.

Water: Tana, Elincia, Airzura, H!Nowi, still no problems (I'm pretty sure they're how I beat infernal the last time around).

Air: Mage!Eirika, L'Rachel, Camoo, and Titania. This one took a few tries, but I eventually figured it out so it wasn't that bad.

Fire is the only blessing where I always have a bit of a hard time because I wasted some blessings, thinking they were earth blessings a while ago and don't have a merged SB dragon to cheese through it. I managed to beat Valter with Xander, Elise, Valter (ha!) and B!Ike in the end though, after I realised it might be a good idea to change around some seals. I'm just too lazy sometimes.

My Fae in the wind blessing team also struggled a bit tanking because she was only supported by mages, but we did in the end. Phew. Arvis, Zephiel and Camus will be easier, I hope.

The positioning in this one is pretty unforgiving so I had to try multiple times with every team.

Water: Exalted Chrom, B!Lyn, Airzura, Cordelia.

Wind: Micaiah, Raven, Y!Tiki, Klein.

Earth: Lute, Hana, Minerva, PA!Olivia.

Fire: Reinhardt, Sigurd, Cecilia, Priscilla. 

Three out of the four blessing quests went down easy.

Fire (my old arena team of Chrom/L!Ephraim/LA!Lyn&Hector)
Wind (my top merged cavalry, Sigurd/SF!Xander/Titania/Gunnthra) - switched to good old Lynhardt to get Infernal done
Earth (my current arena team of L!Ike/L'Arachel/S!Alfonse/S!Sharena)

Water was a pain. Caeda/Fjorm/Hector/NY!Corrin, even with Guidance and Atk Tactic on Caeda (who's currently +9), took me so many tries to get positioning right. Once Hector wasn't getting hammered out of QR range and Caeda was safe from arrows, it all fell into place.

Valter's a jerk. The previous GHB blessing challenges I was able to get done without having to give anyone blessings, but Valter's wasn't cutting it. I had to change up my teams a bit to make it work.

Fire team was the biggest challenge because my fire team is the weakest (and I don't have Ephraim), but thankfully ... Gordin, Takumi, mage Eirika, and PA!Olivia were able to do battle just fine. The other teams weren't as bad.

Water team was Fjorm, Chrom, Klein, and PA!Azura
Earth team was ... I think it was Eirika, Reinhardt, NY!Azura, and Jaffar. Not completely sure on this one.
Wind team was Brave Ike, Brave Lyn, and likely Micaiah and Inigo.

I think I will wait a bit on this one since my teams are not cutting it.   I will wait until after the legendary banner so that hopefully I will pull F!Grima and L!Ephraim.  I had forgotten how annoying Valter's GHB is,  I will have to see who I need to bless to get this done later.  At least the quests last a year so I don't have to rush. 

Thankfully this isn't Infernal difficulty. They knew.

Fire: B!Lyn, Eliwood, Titania, Ursula.

Wind: Xander, Camus, Elise, L'Arachel. 

Earth: M!Robin, D!Ike, B!Ike, Rebecca.

Water: Ayra, Nohrzura, Norrin, Fjorm (This one probably shouldn't have worked)

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas

Still trying to get caught up the best I can.

Valter is a horrible person with that pre-charged Luna. In maps like this I like just throwing someone into the fray to take out as many enemies at once and no one better than B!Ike for that job. Leon is there as the professional fly exterminator. Florina has too much defense with close defense for that firesweep flier so def +2 is used to still work as bait and live. Lyn is there for emotional support and galeforce, but mostly emotional support.

@mcsilas Thanks :lol: also surprisingly quick response. Annoying is the nice way of putting it. Every axe user I have not named Hector or Ike gets pretty much decimated. And it’s so easy for the whole team to get swarmed.

OG Lyn is best Lyn! And the only Lyn I actually have but that’s beside the point. Never mind, I forgot Bridal Lyn existed. Florina is my favorite flier and is pretty amazing now that I have her built. Well worth the waiting and sacrifices (not that Santa Robin means anything to me).

Edited by NegativeExponents-