Darting Blow 3
Seal: Flashing Blade 3

Sharena: Hone Atk 3
Seal: Spur Atk 3

Alfonse: Wings of Mercy 3
Seal: Distant Def 3

Olivia: Wings of Mercy 3
Seal: Drive Atk 3 The rest is all Vanilla skill set

@Hilda After seeing your new Michalis clear, I was thinking "how is she going to clear Valter without SI?". While you didn't, a clear with so few SI is already a big accomplishment. 

Anna one-rounding Valter is still one of my favorites. The real boss was Sword Knight who was defeated by a combined team effort. The new refinements work pretty well, I'm curious to see what you will do with Annas once you get the dew. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.8.2018 at 12:05 PM, mampfoid said:

@Hilda After seeing your new Michalis clear, I was thinking "how is she going to clear Valter without SI?". While you didn't, a clear with so few SI is already a big accomplishment. 

Anna one-rounding Valter is still one of my favorites. The real boss was Sword Knight who was defeated by a combined team effort. The new refinements work pretty well, I'm curious to see what you will do with Annas once you get the dew. 

Welp it just happened. Valter Infernal without any SI on Infernal against the Askrtrio and Veronica! This was a Team effort and thanks to the versatility of Veronicas healing, buffing and debuffing she made it possible!

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Welp it just happened. Valter Infernal without any SI on Infernal against the Askrtrio and Veronica! This was a Team effort and thanks to the versatility of Veronicas healing, buffing and debuffing she made it possible!

I knew this would happen eventually, cool you did it. Veronica and her staff is such a perfect addition for every team, but for the Askir trio in particular (sorry Fjorm, color balance is important). I can't believe you kept the free neutral copy in addition to your perfect CC +10 Veronica! 

The SI-less clear is pretty well done, even Rally ATK comes to shine. Veronicas special helps Anna to one-shot(!) Valter and Sol helps Alfonse to clear the north of the map. 

Congrats! 

• 3 weeks later...

@mampfoid @mcsilas @eclipse @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @Nosmur @Fei Mao @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @DefaultBeep @Hilda @Johann @Kaden @Alexmender

I'll bet no one was expecting this, eh? I didn't have a lot of time today. But I wanted to knock out a clear that's been a long time coming. The Morgan clear for Valter. None of the other GHBs in the rotation were particuarly high on my priority list but this is one I've been looking forward to. Saturdays are always just so busy for me. Still, I pushed and did it. Haven't done the Matthew REDUX (which will be the last) but we'll get there.

Times have changed, this wasn't nearly as hard as it was with Matthew, which at the time was the hardest challenge I'd ever taken on. It was still a bit of a head-scratcher though. The irony was the real kicker here. Whereas Matthew's team had to do a beautiful dance around the panic ploy users and the team systematically picked apart the army in boss-like fashion, Morgan's team simply pierced through the front, base-buffless Amelia to be exact. This girl is really something. In a way it reminded me of Takumi's GHB where Amelia just punched a hole through the front. Though it wasn't quite the same here. A reccouring theme is that most of the other units take a lot of punishment but Amelia tends to go unscathed like the tower she is. Not so, here her limits were tested, but it's also where she shined. No crazy offense, no plethora of buffs, just pure stats and attrition. She's been forgotten as a unit but she's still a really good green armor and deserves a prf (as well as a demotion I might add).

Still, she's but one member of the team and she only covered the first half of the clear. Everyone played a crucial role and in the end I was finally forced to give Morgan Wings of Mercy to complete the map. Yep, you guessed it, all 4 of them have WoM now. This may as well be team instant transmission. But enough gab, let's get to the clear.

Here's the old Matthew clear as well.

Spoiler

I wanted to do an FE8 themed clear to wrap this map up for good but just didn't have the time. Maybe another saturday. For now, adios Valter.

@Zeo Wow, really impressed with your Amelia! I would never think of charging ahead towards Valter in the early turns.

Also wow, it seems the Valter map is one of those maps where WoM shines through, and a lot of clears have that incorporated- mostly through dancers. So satisfying to see those teleport tiles though!

Always impressed with your Ninian as well, her DC Breath is such a great tool for her

@Zeo Well done, congrats! 

Funnily I had a similar start with my first ever Valter clear, but with B!Ike instead of Amelia. She doesn't kill anyone on turn one, but then her team beams in and on the following turns she is everywhere thanks to ER. 

I like beaming shenanigans, WoM is useful on every unit. Priscilla had a clutch moment with the archer, I wondered why her miracle was still charged when I realized she survived with exactly 1 HP. 

True Amelia deserves a prf, but why a demotion? She is a great unit, but I can't get used to her art. 

@Zeo Really nice! This time Amelia had to prove her tankiness by taking practically every enemy on the field during turn 1 and despite everything she survived! It was funny how this time Ninian seemed to be the one that would take no damage but in the end she also had to put herself in danger in order to defeat that mage. Everyone really played their part and proved to have good synergy as a a team. It's funny that it seems like teleporting will be the main theme. 

This clear makes me think about focusing on another unit for solos but I can't find one that suits my playstyle like Eirika does (more like I adapted to how she plays). Micaiah comes close but she doesn't quite make it outside to become a main.

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @eclipse @Nanima @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @ruruo @Alkaid @daisy jane @SoulWeaver @Hilda @Fei Mao

Yep, another upload. Since I'll be waning off soon I'm wrapping up some of these since it's still the weekend. Funny how the last one to post a clear here was me, If you want to see my Matthew and Morgan clears you can just scroll up a few post. The Matthew clear in particular was one of my very first ever. I'm on Matthew Clear #51 now and #107 overall. That was Matthew Clear #3 (and #3 overall). It's pretty crazy to see how long it's been since then. It still holds up today as one of my best clears ever with Matthew. Morgan wasn't even in the game then. Powercreep had only just begun as well... heh. Well, enough about that.

This is a long overdue clear I've been working on and off for weeks. It wound up being bigger than I ever could have imagined though. This is a FE8 themed special clear before I go any further so tagging @DefyingFates since you're a fan of Eirika.

Quick talk about the journey, Initially it was just going to be a simple clear, but then I had an idea to lose on purpose or rather, if I couldn't beat it with my team I was going to make let them lose and that be part of the clear. But I couldn't make them lose in a cool enough way so I kept trying, trying to find that moment where I could say "yes, this is it!" and... well... I wound up beating the map before that. So that was unexpected, so I just rolled with it and it became part of the clear. This special clear... is well, a bit more special than what you're used to, so look forward to a surprise in this one. 

And with that. Valter has finally been put to rest for good. 

At least... until Abyssal comes along to make everyone's lives a living nightmare. But until then, I sleep.

41 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @eclipse @Nanima @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @ruruo @Alkaid @daisy jane @SoulWeaver @Hilda @Fei Mao

Yep, another upload. Since I'll be waning off soon I'm wrapping up some of these since it's still the weekend. Funny how the last one to post a clear here was me, If you want to see my Matthew and Morgan clears you can just scroll up a few post. The Matthew clear in particular was one of my very first ever. I'm on Matthew Clear #51 now and #107 overall. That was Matthew Clear #3 (and #3 overall). It's pretty crazy to see how long it's been since then. It still holds up today as one of my best clears ever with Matthew. Morgan wasn't even in the game then. Powercreep had only just begun as well... heh. Well, enough about that.

This is a long overdue clear I've been working on and off for weeks. It wound up being bigger than I ever could have imagined though. This is a FE8 themed special clear before I go any further so tagging @DefyingFates since you're a fan of Eirika.

Quick talk about the journey, Initially it was just going to be a simple clear, but then I had an idea to lose on purpose or rather, if I couldn't beat it with my team I was going to make let them lose and that be part of the clear. But I couldn't make them lose in a cool enough way so I kept trying, trying to find that moment where I could say "yes, this is it!" and... well... I wound up beating the map before that. So that was unexpected, so I just rolled with it and it became part of the clear. This special clear... is well, a bit more special than what you're used to, so look forward to a surprise in this one. 

At least... until Abyssal comes along to make everyone's lives a living nightmare. But until then, I sleep.

Awesome! And thank you for thinking of me! I didn't know I had a reputation or anything xD

May I ask where you got the thumbnail image from, please? It's soo good!!

P.S. Valter's GHB has reinforcements. I dread the Abyssal map...

@Zeo WOW. I really like the surprised, but still, it's nice to see the new Summer Tana do pretty well in this map. Everything just seemed to fall in place, especially the Tana/Myrrh combo since their flight just ignores the terrain issue. Ephraim vs Valter was epic with that 1 HP.

The actual clear seemed to go pretty smoothly as well, and it's nice to see Lute there. As usual a Brave Bow archer works well in this map, so Innes was just effortlessly shooting things out of the sky. L'Ephraim's Astra + healing combo was nice to see as well. Nice to see you've got a good bunch of FE8 units to work with. Really enjoyed this and I love the promotion transition you put in there!

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now this was a great two-parter, I've personally yet to beat Infernal Valter with all the reinforcements but you handled them all twice with relative ease. I liked seeing Summer Tana get some usage and Lute, as well. Great clears!

@Zeo Sacred Stones theme!! So nostalgic, and absolutely appropriate for taking out Valter!  :''''D I love the narrative you have going on there with them close to losing the first time and them promoting. The clear with the "promoted" units was so clean! In both cases Erika and Ephraim worked very well together! The music for the second clear was so chill I had to go look it up after watching this x'D. 

I don't even want to imagine Valter Abyssal lmao. 

You know, with Thanksgiving coming up, I can't help but think of how much Valter's quotes fit it.

Before dinner: "I hunger..."

Dinner is served: "A feast!"

Playing with the nieces and nephews: "Think you can get away? Ha!"

Suddenly wholesome...and a seasonal. I kind of want a Thanksgiving Valter now, not that it'll ever happen since, even localized, this is a Japanese game and Thanksgiving is a decidedly American holiday.

On 11.11.2018 at 9:38 AM, Zeo said:

Ephraim: "Ok team, this is the final battle. We'll face no-one less than the Moonstone himself". 

Myrhh: "For all humanity!"

Tana: "It's so silly of Eirika—she was too embarrassed to come along with us. There's absolutely no need to feel that way!" 

Eirika: "I'm right here ... and appropriately armed by the way." 

Tana: "Don't worry about drowning. I'll do my very best to save you!"

(... oh I miss my Tana. )

- - - - - - - 

Back to your clear: That was great! Was surprised by the length first, but now I get it.:-) 

Ephraim really survived that nasty Luna by Valter. This themed team is surprisingly synergistic, worth to keep in mind. 

The second ... half of the video looked effortless, I'm sure you put a lot of effort into it though. Apart from Eirika in the beginning, no-one took damage from the enemies. 

Very cool stuff, I'll miss these. 

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

After making Eliwood my second +10 Galeforce user last night, I've started playing around with these 1-turn clears. Valter Infernal was a fun one, I had to do some work to make it so that Cordelia could double the axe flier and kill it in exactly 4 hits, while also being able to take out the armor.

VeT8WKM.jpgNMtLbjg.jpgUZn7RgS.jpgeik2fil.jpg

sdtrePB.jpg4ldlLqL.jpgFoAAgRM.jpgmzJNx6L.jpg5CfIvcV.jpgfYS9291.jpgjtsPWJj.jpgtpbKkWl.jpg