Bound Hero Battle: The Reunion (Lilina + Cecilia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Naga tho.

So far, everything dealing with divine dragons (Fae and Naga) has been green.

Mystery Tiki is clearly a fire dragon in Heroes given that she has Flametongue as her default weapon instead of Ice Breath or Mist Breath.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

naga came across to me as more of a summon esque attack than outright light magic.

In FE4, Naga is a light magic spell. The ultimate light magic spell, in fact, in the first game to formally categorize multiple classes of offensive magic.

A battle against Roy's wife; oh, his childhood friend is there, too. Cecilia is best wife for Roy.

This should be an interesting kerfuffle. I hope it won't be TOO hard, otherwise I'll really regret going no-SI for challenges. :V

12 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think they'd give Sing to Levin. He's known for his combat power with the ultimate wind spell Forseti, so the reduced stats of a dancer class would make it hard for him to properly live up to that, and having enough combat abilities to live up to his history while also being able to function as a dancer would be kind of absurd.

Homer could work fine as a mage-dancer, though.

Azura's offense stat, while not outstanding, isn't as saddening as Olivia and especially Ninian. In fact, she actually have the same offense growth as Delthea, Linde, Nino and Summer Elise-you got the idea. So one can still do welll in both support and offense, like Delthea and Linde is doing amazing in both support and offense. 

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Azura's offense stat, while not outstanding, isn't as saddening as Olivia and especially Ninian. In fact, she actually have the same offense growth as Delthea, Linde, Nino and Summer Elise-you got the idea. So one can still do welll in both support and offense, like Delthea and Linde is doing amazing in both support and offense. 

Dancers have lower total stats than equivalent non-dancers. If a dancer's Atk stat is fine, that means they're losing out in some other stat.

Lewyn is a high-power mage, not a support character.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Dancers have lower total stats than equivalent non-dancers. If a dancer's Atk stat is fine, that means they're losing out in some other stat.

37/37 offence in exchange for Delthea-tier defence and Ogma-tier resistance.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:37 AM, Xenomata said:

Man, no matter how you try to enter, you are putting your units within the sights of at least 2 enemies.

I could see an Axe Cav blocking the Brave Cav, but beyond that you'd need a way to counter Lillina and Cecilia without dying in one hit, which I'd say is possible for Ryoma or Reinhardt because of fucking course it's Ryoma and Rein how the hell does everyone have a Ryoma/Rein but me.

On your first move, you move a ranged cavalier (Reinhardt, Olwen or Cecelia) just outside of attack range adjacent to the wall.  On the second turn, snipe the lance cavalier and that unit will not be in range of any other enemy.

I'm trying to figure out if the brave bow archer will head towards the main group after that.  If you can bait him towards the cavalier who just attacked then the rest should be cake.

Edited by kcirrot

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

37/37 offence in exchange for Delthea-tier defence and Ogma-tier resistance.

That would be one hella hilarious (and broken as fuck) stat spread at 50/37/37/13/13. That's basically Legion despite having 6 fewer points of stats to throw at the board.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Lewyn is a high-power mage, not a support character.

I have never encountered an Azura who had bad spd or res, the only stat that I have noted for her to be bad about is def, that's bad, it would be much better if I had any useable green units other than legion, but I guess that's what I get for not trying harder to get fae.

Good thing I gave B!Cordelia lance breaker and a brave bow.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

On 7/29/2017 at 6:29 PM, Ice Dragon said:

So far, everything dealing with divine dragons (Fae and Naga) has been green.

Mystery Tiki is clearly a fire dragon in Heroes given that she has Flametongue as her default weapon instead of Ice Breath or Mist Breath.

But her description still directly refers to her as a Divine dragon. Also her chapters are called Divine Dragon Princess and, as an adult, Divine Dragon returns. And her dragon sprite is colroed like FE1/3 Book 1 Divine Dragon (gray) rather than Fire Dragon red.

You can't even take the default dragon stones at face value either since Ninian & Fae both share the Light Stone and Ninian is obviously not a divine dragon (missed opportunity to not introduce an ice breath stone, incidentally) and Adult Tiki & Nowi share Lightning Breath due to the awakening dragon connection but are red & blue.

e: Which is to say I'm not sure they really care about sending every divine dragon thing to green if it means a bit more variety. It'd be funny if Naga wound up being Red if she ever gets added just to match her fangs being turned into swords.

You know what nevermind, this isn't relevant

Edited by r_n

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That would be one hella hilarious (and broken as fuck) stat spread at 50/37/37/13/13. That's basically Legion despite having 6 fewer points of stats to throw at the board.

...Did I just make the most broken infantry unit in the game as a joke? Probably not, but that's still a ridiculously solid unit. I'm honestly thinking that him having Dance almost becomes a detriment because he can't be danced and he's expected to do things other than attack...

(Remember that Lewyn also has a legendary tome on top of that Attack...

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

But her description still directly refers to her as a Divine dragon. Also her chapters are called Divine Dragon Princess and, as an adult, Divine Dragon returns.

Her being a divine dragon doesn't mean anything when both her default weapon and her unit color implies she's using a fire dragonstone.

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

You can't even take the default dragon stones at face value either since Ninian & Fae both share the Light Stone and Ninian is obviously not a divine dragon (missed opportunity to not introduce an ice breath stone, incidentally) and Adult Tiki & Nowi share Lightning Breath due to the awakening dragon connection but are red & blue.

That just means their colors represent what they are intended to be and not what their weapon is.

• Mystery Tiki is red because she is a divine dragon using a fire dragonstone. Fire magic is red in this game.
  • Awakening Tiki is red to match Mystery Tiki.
  • Nowi and Corrin are blue to even out the colors of the launch dragons.
  • Fae is green because she is a divine dragon.
  • Naga is green because she is a divine dragon.
  • Ninian is blue because she is an ice dragon. Ice magic is blue in this game.

That fact that you can mix and match the breath type makes it irrelevant when determining what kind of dragon the character is. This is a world where you can transform into a divine dragon and breathe Dark Breath, but you're still clearly a divine dragon and deal damage as a divine dragon.

The four dragons that have their dragon type clearly defined (and unambiguously mapped to one of the Akaneian dragon types) are currently entirely consistent with each other and the rest of the game:

Fire dragons are red.
Ice dragons are blue.
Divine dragons are green.

Everyone else just has a color assigned to them based on what is convenient.

For the time being, there exists a pattern, it makes sense, and it's held up for the two dragons added after launch. The developers have yet to throw a curveball at us, and there's no point speculating on whether or not they'll throw one at us in the future.

Corrin seems to be related to water, since her dragon form has water/bubble-looking effects when attacking in Fates. The only reason she has Dark Breath is female Corrin is commonly depicted as being related to Nohr and Nohr = Dark.

Nowi is a bit iffier- I think it's because her attacks look very ice/crystal-like?

It's almost time, assuming I can read the schedule right.

It looks like there are two non-suicidal ways to start this map out:

1. Reposition (or Dance or other mobility assist skill) a ranged cavalry unit to kill the lance knight. This unit needs to be able to survive Cecilia on enemy phase (since someone will break the wall and put the unit in Cecilia's range).
  2. Kill the lance pegasus with a ranged unit, then Reposition (or Dance) the unit out with someone that can tank both Lilina and Cecilia, and preferably kill one or both of them on the counterattack. If using Dance instead of Reposition, the ranged unit can use Reposition or Draw Back to pull the dancer out of attack range, but then you have 4 units bearing down on you.

Woo, cleared hard using the strategy that I was planning since I saw this map. Now onto lunatic to see if it'll work there too.

Anyway, Lunatic failed because Cecilia had 6HP left. I tried again by handing out seals and switching Klein's Hone Attack to Fortify Defence.

Still failed- because Klein doesn't start Turn 2 next to Lilina.

Edited by phineas81707