Bound Hero Battle: The Reunion (Lilina + Cecilia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

Different modes are targeted at different levels of play. As this thread shows, there are many of us interested in taking on challenges beyond the level of this map's Lunatic version. It's fine if you don't want to play them, but it's kind of obnoxious to say that we shouldn't be able to play maps on our level.

5 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

@Anacybele  ^this. Also, Lunatic was trivial for me (I didn't mean to imply it was trivial for everyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding) because there wasn't a Red Wolf mage to screw over Reinhardt, so I had full use of pretty much the most broken unit in the game as well as two other S-tiers. And I don't run fully skill-inherited units; all of my top units still use all their default skills, with some of the gaps filled in.

Anyway, looking back over the thread, I see some people found my strategy useful. That's the first time that's ever happened! ^_^

But then I miss out on several free orbs. Why should only certain players be allowed to get them because they whaled for Lv. 40+5 or higher units or something?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

But then I miss out on several free orbs. Why should only certain players be allowed to get them because they whaled for Lv. 40+5 or higher units or something?

...who's whaling? I'm free-to-play. The "certain players" are getting the free orbs because they're putting in the effort to find a strategy that works. If the orbs mean that much to you, you could always ask the people here for help doing it with your units. If not... let the high-end players have their fun while you have yours.

2 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

...who's whaling? I'm free-to-play. The "certain players" are getting the free orbs because they're putting in the effort to find a strategy that works. If the orbs mean that much to you, you could always ask the people here for help doing it with your units. If not... let the high-end players have their fun while you have yours.

With the inflated stats, I figured you'd need merged 5 stars to have any chance at maps like these.

I don't have fun when there aren't many modes I can complete. Regular story mode and regular arena. That's really all I can do alright in.

Edited by Anacybele

As a somewhat mediocre player who is also free-to-play, I had a plan for the hard version of this map the moment this thread went up. One of my earliest posts here is trying to theory-craft which units would be able to get through it. Lunatic used a similar strategy as the hard map with only one restart because I fucked up. For infernal, I borrowed a bit of someone else's strategy (Rafiel's Aura) using a few different units and managed to clear it with only one restart.

They're definitely doable, by even mediocre players.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

As a somewhat mediocre player who is also free-to-play, I had a plan for the hard version of this map the moment this thread went up. One of my earliest posts here is trying to theory-craft which units would be able to get through it. Lunatic used a similar strategy as the hard map with only one restart because I fucked up. For infernal, I borrowed a bit of someone else's strategy (Rafiel's Aura) using a few different units and managed to clear it with only one restart.

They're definitely doable, by even mediocre players.

I must be less than mediocre then... And I'm not free-to-play either. I mostly am, but I do spend a little money if I didn't pull that cool 5 star I was looking for, especially if it was limited time (looking at you, Summer Freddy and Summer Robin). :P

And now I feel kind of pathetic... I used to think I was a decent player, maybe mediocre. But I guess I actually just suck. How embarrassing...

16 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Hey thanks for posting this, I have precisely these units. 5 star Camus didn't alter the AI either. It seems the Hana in this video is -HP, but if your Hana is neutral that does not affect the strat as long as Palla has Wings of Mercy 2 instead of 1.

No problem. I was looking for different Infernal strategies while lurking the FE Heroes subreddit since a lot of the strategies posted here, there, and on YouTube are all like use Reinhardt these powerful, usually tricked-out 5* units that I don't have. Either I have them at 4* or I just don't have them like I don't have a Klein, I don't have any red mages other than Henry and the starting ones, etc.

So far and from what I know, yorotsruuu yorotsruuu has the lowest possible requirements for everyone. That said, there is a steep requirement of a 5* Ursula. Other than that, everyone used were freely available at some point even though Hana was +Atk, -HP instead of neutral. The others require you to summon specific units which some might not have or if they do, they might not have the right boon or bane combo.

Anyway, the thread on Reddit had this site linked: http://yaycupcake.com/feh/cecilia-lilina.php, which is where I saw yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's strategy. Might be useful for some who want to see different strategies and don't want to dig through here or the FEH subreddit. You could use YouTube to search the latest on this Bound Heroes Battle, but you might miss out on some videos if you can't write in different languages. For example, I knew about yorotsruuu yorotsruuu since nstyler had a couple strategies linked on her videos, but I can't write in Japanese, so I wouldn't have been able to just search for yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's strategies even if I wanted to and I kind of don't want to subscribe to a bunch of FE Heroes channels just for strategies since that would just overload my feed.

Well, glad that helped you out.

Now I'm on the fence of just promoting Ursula to level up alongside Hana or trying a different strategy since 4* Gordin might work if I just 5* Camus instead and slap Reposition on him. In that case, I'd just need to level up 5* Camus instead of leveling up Hana and Ursula, but I was planning on leveling up Hana in the first place to finish getting all the freebie units to level 40 as 4* units

Edited by Kaden

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With the inflated stats, I figured you'd need merged 5 stars to have any chance at maps like these.

I don't have fun when there aren't many modes I can complete. Regular story mode and regular arena. That's really all I can do alright in.

I've beaten every Infernal map so far without using any merged 5*s. (I have Merric and Boey at +1 because I happened to pull duplicates of both of them, but neither of them are among my better units.) Although I've usually had to copy parts of strategies from other people, or an entire strategy in the case of Alm/Celica.

People don't have fun when there are no modes that pose a challenge for them, and I think the way they've been doing things provides a good mix for all levels of play.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I must be less than mediocre then... And I'm not free-to-play either. I mostly am, but I do spend a little money if I didn't pull that cool 5 star I was looking for, especially if it was limited time (looking at you, Summer Freddy and Summer Robin). :P

And now I feel kind of pathetic... I used to think I was a decent player, maybe mediocre. But I guess I actually just suck. How embarrassing...

I wouldn't necessarily say you're pathetic, but I think maybe you don't take the time to plan some of these maps through or think out of the box. The only reason I was prepared for this map is because I got to stare at it for a good while when Satsuma put up this thread. So I already had my team planned out and the strategy I was going to use, and it happened to work out just as I thought it would. And when I didn't want to think too hard on how to clear infernal, I picked the strategy that befitted the units I had the most.

A good part of victory is just looking at the map and the stats long enough until you figure out how to get around them. So if you don't do that enough, you can have the strongest units ever and it still won't matter.

tl;dr

To make up for my mediocrity, I plan things out. Sometimes excessively.

Edited by Sunwoo

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I am sorry but i beat Infernal with only 5 Star +0 Units. Yes i used Skill Inheritance on those units, but my Team consisted of Reinhardt, Cecilia, Ursula and Olivia. And the only Unit that used massive amounts of Skill Inheritance was Cecillia for Gronnblade, Reinhardt and Ursula needed Deathblow and Fortify/Hone Cavalry, while Olivia is just Olivia. The Infernal Map definitly doesnt need 5 Star merged Units.

And I dont see why we should make it piss easy so everyone can beat it without any effort, So Lunatic should be doable

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Interesting site :O

Yep, and apparently it was recently made since it only goes back to Berkut's GHB. I'm also curious if those embedded videos might cause lag issues for some people in the future, though.

I usually lurk the FE Heroes subreddit for datamine information, dumb stuff, and funny and/or cute art like this of Stahl and his chibi teammates: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6qqdq1/big_stahl_little_teammates/, but I got a little impatient and annoyed at the BHB, so I checked their thread on Cecilia and Lilina's BHB and that website was mentioned. I think someone asked if anyone remembered it and it was linked by the time I saw the post.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wouldn't necessarily say you're pathetic, but I think maybe you don't take the time to plan some of these maps through or think out of the box. The only reason I was prepared for this map is because I got to stare at it for a good while when Satsuma put up this thread. So I already had my team planned out and the strategy I was going to use, and it happened to work out just as I thought it would. And when I didn't want to think too hard on how to clear infernal, I picked the strategy that befitted the units I had the most.

A good part of victory is just looking at the map and the stats long enough until you figure out how to get around them. So if you don't do that enough, you can have the strongest units ever and it still won't matter.

tl;dr

Yeah, this stuff can take a lot of patience. I mostly based my strategy on a video from earlier in this thread, but I had to come up with some workarounds to deal with some shortcomings on my characters and had to inherit five skills. For the previous BHB, I was completely stumped on Infernal and referenced one of the videos that uses free 3-4* units. I had the units needed because I keep at least one of every unit I get and I've trained a bunch of them up to 40, but Donnel was only at like 25 so I needed to spend a bit of time catching him up.

@Anacybele it sounds like you may not have heard of those videos, since you said you thought paying for merged 5*s was necessary to beat Infernal. It may be worthwhile to read through this and other threads and check out the strategy videos to see if there's anything that can help you, at least with Lunatic. A lot of the characters people have found to be effective here are ones you have at 5*, like Klein, Reinhardt, and Nino.

I'm F2P as well. Sure I was lucky enough to pull one of the best units in the game (Bridelia) but everyone has that unit that's ridiculous that they get lucky rolling.

I used 2 free units (Xander, Olivia *4) one limited (Bridelia) and one pull with a terrible bane (Delthea +ATK/-SPD).

SI was a factor of course but I'm no whale nor am I the best tactician in the world. I'm a pretty smart guy but everyone struggles with certain maps. Alm and Celica was pretty ridiculous for me. This on the other hand, was cake. It all comes down to your strategy.

Edited by Zeo

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

tl;dr

Hmm. Maybe I should plan more then. I do plan already, but I guess I don't do it enough. Thanks for the advice, Sangyul.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've beaten every Infernal map so far without using any merged 5*s. (I have Merric and Boey at +1 because I happened to pull duplicates of both of them, but neither of them are among my better units.) Although I've usually had to copy parts of strategies from other people, or an entire strategy in the case of Alm/Celica.

People don't have fun when there are no modes that pose a challenge for them, and I think the way they've been doing things provides a good mix for all levels of play.

Well yes, I don't mean the battles have to be easy peasy, they should still be challenging to some degree. I just feel like some of this stuff is so hard that it feels like trying to play the Mario Lost Levels. :P Or maybe Zelda 2.

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

And I dont see why we should make it piss easy so everyone can beat it without any effort, So Lunatic should be doable

See above. I don't mean everything should be super easy.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, this stuff can take a lot of patience. I mostly based my strategy on a video from earlier in this thread, but I had to come up with some workarounds to deal with some shortcomings on my characters and had to inherit five skills. For the previous BHB, I was completely stumped on Infernal and referenced one of the videos that uses free 3-4* units. I had the units needed because I keep at least one of every unit I get and I've trained a bunch of them up to 40, but Donnel was only at like 25 so I needed to spend a bit of time catching him up.

@Anacybele it sounds like you may not have heard of those videos, since you said you thought paying for merged 5*s was necessary to beat Infernal. It may be worthwhile to read through this and other threads and check out the strategy videos to see if there's anything that can help you, at least with Lunatic. A lot of the characters people have found to be effective here are ones you have at 5*, like Klein, Reinhardt, and Nino.

I see. I have looked at those videos on occasion. I probably should use them more. It's too bad Mkv had to quit though. I like Donnel enough to level him up, so I'll go get him to 40 as well. I also have a lv. 40+1 4 star Stahl (that has SI tho), a lv. 40 4 star Subaki, and lv. 40+1 4 star Olivia, so I probably can do some of those free unit methods.

Edited by Anacybele

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There isn't a single Infernal map I beat using my own strats as an entirely (by principle) f2p player. I bust my ass to find a way to beat Lunatic and then I look up videos of someone beating infernal with lesser units than I have and just copy the strategy with some tweaking if necessary. If something in the strat fails by just a little, it's not too hard to fix it with seals or some minor skill inheritance. I assume you have plenty of fodder. It does not need to be top skills.

I DID still struggle a while to beat this particular map's infernal though, even by copying people's strategies but eventually, I did it. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have felt too bad about it. The only infernal I didn't beat thus far is Legion's and... it looks like I'm going to have a second chance soon. 

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

There isn't a single Infernal map I beat using my own strats as an entirely (by principle) f2p player. I bust my ass to find a way to beat Lunatic and then I look up videos of someone beating infernal with lesser units than I have and just copy the strategy with some tweaking if necessary. If something in the strat fails by just a little, it's not too hard to fix it with seals or some minor skill inheritance. I assume you have plenty of fodder. It does not need to be top skills.

I DID still struggle a while to beat this particular map's infernal though, even by copying people's strategies but eventually, I did it. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have felt too bad about it. The only infernal I didn't beat thus far is Legion's and... it looks like I'm going to have a second chance soon.

Yeah, but the thing with using free unit strats is that it's disappointing that you wouldn't be using your hard-trained 5 stars that you put so much work into. But that's the way it goes, I guess.

I don't have plenty of fodder, sadly...

You don't HAVE to use the same units, you just need a strategy to build on.

I copied someone using Selena and replaced her with Ike as all that was really required is a sword unit with reposition, which he was. I used my 4* Klein while he used a 5* one and I could have used another Brave Bow archer like Gordin instead.

You just need an idea on how to tackle the map, not necessarily the exact same team.

Edited by Vince777

Man, I wish my Klein wasn't -Spd. There was a perfect strategy to follow if that was the case >.<

I'm struggling with this. I really miss MKV :( I can't even find any by NStyler or Itchybackside with free units, who are the ones I normally go to. 

Question, since this may help me during my next try out... If Lilina's Growing Flame procs, will Vantage activate for that turn when she actually goes to attack the unit? At full health, Xander can't kill her (he leaves her on two health with fury 3 and, I think, Bonfire activated, but I could be wrong). If it does, I'll attack her instead of Cecilia... 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Man, I wish my Klein wasn't -Spd. There was a perfect strategy to follow if that was the case >.<

I'm struggling with this. I really miss MKV :( I can't even find any by NStyler or Itchybackside with free units, who are the ones I normally go to. 

Question, since this may help me during my next try out... If Lilina's Growing Flame procs, will Vantage activate for that turn when she actually goes to attack the unit? At full health, Xander can't kill her (he leaves her on two health with fury 3 and, I think, Bonfire activated, but I could be wrong). If it does, I'll attack her instead of Cecilia... 

Yes, it will. Vantage activates depending on HP when the combat scene starts.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

They're probably busy or haven't gotten to figuring out a strategy yet.

Anyway, Lunatic or Infernal? If Infernal, then the power of 5* Ursula compels you! :P

+Atk?, -HP Hana was used, but @Gustavos was able to use a neutral Hana and 5* Camus without anything changing.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They're probably busy or haven't gotten to figuring out a strategy yet.

Anyway, Lunatic or Infernal? If Infernal, then the power of 5* Ursula compels you!

+Atk?, -HP Hana was used, but @Gustavos was able to use a neutral Hana and 5* Camus without anything changing.

I've seen videos using a 5* Ursula, but my Ursula is 4*. Would Olwen make a good substitute? I can try that if my next try doesn't succeed. 

My Reinhardt only has DB2 and isn't +Atk so can't one hit ko Lilina or the mage -.- 

I thought MKV had stopped doing videos now. They said they were leaving a successor, but I haven't seen one who uses free 3* units. 

Also, Infernal. For some reason, I didn't have any real difficulties with Lunatic. 

10 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Yes, it will. Vantage activates depending on HP when the combat scene starts.

Perfect. I might be able to use Xander to take down both Cecilia and Lilina... I hope... 

I know I have all the right units for it. I just struggle with a lot when it comes to strategy >.< 

Edited by Cute Chao

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but the thing with using free unit strats is that it's disappointing that you wouldn't be using your hard-trained 5 stars that you put so much work into. But that's the way it goes, I guess.

I don't have plenty of fodder, sadly...

I don't mind having my favorites sit out briefly for certain maps. They get plenty of other chances to shine, after all.

Plus, lower-* strats can often be replicated with different higher-* units as long as they have any necessary skills, since matching stats is often easy enough. For example, just now I was having trouble with Map 4 of the second Squad Assault, and I saw a free unit video that used 4* Stahl, Legion, Clarisse, and Wrys. I have all of them at 4*, but my Clarisse wasn't quite trained up. I was ready to train and use her, but I got curious if my 5* s!Gaius could do the job instead, since he was already trained. Turns out none of Clarisse's skills were needed and s!Gaius was at least as good in all relevant stats, so he was able to do just fine.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't mind having my favorites sit out briefly for certain maps. They get plenty of other chances to shine, after all.

Plus, lower-* strats can often be replicated with different higher-* units as long as they have any necessary skills, since matching stats is often easy enough. For example, just now I was having trouble with Map 4 of the second Squad Assault, and I saw a free unit video that used 4* Stahl, Legion, Clarisse, and Wrys. I have all of them at 4*, but my Clarisse wasn't quite trained up. I was ready to train and use her, but I got curious if my 5* s!Gaius could do the job instead, since he was already trained. Turns out none of Clarisse's skills were needed and s!Gaius was at least as good in all relevant stats, so he was able to do just fine.

Yeah, that's true. I'll have to keep in mind which units can serve as good fill-ins for others that I don't have or didn't train.

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've seen videos using a 5* Ursula, but my Ursula is 4*. Would Olwen make a good substitute? I can try that if my next try doesn't succeed. 

What makes Ursula so good with that strategy is the Blarwolf deleting the cav, while also leaving her fast enough to not get doubled by the red mage who has 35 speed plus Swift Sparrow for 39 total. Ursula has 32 +4 from Camus' Goad Cav. Plus Ursula just barely kills the red mage thanks to her native Death Blow and Threaten Res skills. Olwen using Dire Thunder in that scenario has 33 total, or 34 with speed seal which is still gonna make her get doubled and killed. If you have a spare Hone Spd 1 lying around to give to Hana, that should be enough, and free Olwen's seal slot for something else.

Edited by Gustavos

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

What makes Ursula so good with that strategy is the Blarwolf deleting the cav, while also leaving her fast enough to not get doubled by the red mage who has 35 speed plus Swift Sparrow for 39 total. Ursula has 32 +4 from Camus' Goad Cav. Plus Ursula just barely kills the red mage thanks to her native Death Blow and Threaten Res skills. Olwen using Dire Thunder in that scenario has 33 total, or 34 with speed seal which is still gonna make her get doubled and killed. If you have a spare Hone Spd 1 lying around to give to Hana, that should be enough, and free Olwen's seal slot for something else.

I have a veritable hoard of Matthews just lying around waiting to be useful. I'll give it a shot if my next go doesn't work with Xander and Rein. 

I do have 20k feathers that I can use on Ursula if I really need to... I just don't want to for a character I don't particularly like. Oh well, if I have to, I'll do that as well -.- 

Thanks :) I'll probably try it tomorrow at this point, so will let you know how it goes ^.^