Bound Hero Battle: The Reunion (Lilina + Cecilia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

21 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've seen videos using a 5* Ursula, but my Ursula is 4*. Would Olwen make a good substitute? I can try that if my next try doesn't succeed. 

I think you need a 5* Ursula since 4* Ursula's damage output isn't enough nor is her speed for that matter, so she would need R Tomebreaker to deal with the red mage. You'd also need to kite the Brave Bow archer since yorotsruuu yorotsruuu had Ursula activate her special on the archer whereas from what I checked with a 4* Ursula and R Tomebreaker yesterday, she activates it on the red mage.

The archer would need to take a ton of damage from Camus, Hana, and Palla probably while he's cornered since everyone would be low HP by that point. Quickened Pulse on Palla could make things easier since she would do enough damage with Moonbow alongside Camus and Hana to let 4* Ursula finish the archer off.

This also assumes the AI reacts in the same way and that's a big assumption.

If you have the feathers and/or you like Ursula, then sure, go make her a 5* for this BHB and in general since she's a pretty good unit. If not, try something else.

Edit: My giant post from yesterday about it: 

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I think you need a 5* Ursula since 4* Ursula's damage output isn't enough or speed for that matter, so she would need R Tomebreaker to deal with the red mage. You'd also need to kite the Brave Bow archer since yorotsruuu yorotsruuu had Ursula activate her special on the archer whereas from what I checked with a 4* Ursula and R Tomebreaker yesterday, she activates it on the red mage.

The archer would need to take a ton of damage from Camus, Hana, and Palla probably while he's cornered since everyone would be low HP by that point. Quickened Pulse on Palla could make things easier since she would do enough damage with Moonbow alongside Camus and Hana to let 4* Ursula finish the archer off.

This also assumes the AI reacts in the same way and that's a big assumption.

If you have the feathers and/or you like Ursula, then sure, go make her a 5* for this BHB and in general since she's a pretty good unit. If not, try something else.

I'm not a huge fan. I have other units I'd prefer to upgrade... but I also refuse to let orbs slide, and I've seen her used before in other battles. I will go for it if I need to. 

I only have one Odin left. He's just such useful skill fodder. Darn you, Odin! 

I shall have a bit more of a play around, based on that :) Thanks for the help :) 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Thanks :) I'll probably try it tomorrow at this point, so will let you know how it goes ^.^ 

Sure, I hope it ends up being the answer! I have no idea if Olwen can kill all the enemies Ursula did in that video or if she just needs a particular skill. That lance cav looks especially tricky with all that res and a brave weapon. 

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Sure, I hope it ends up being the answer! I have no idea if Olwen can kill all the enemies Ursula did in that video or if she just needs a particular skill. That lance cav looks especially tricky with all that res and a brave weapon. 

It's funny, Reinhardt happily kills all the lancers, but can't destroy the red mages... but if I did have a spare red tomebreaker, he'd kill all the red mages but not the lancers >.< 

I do have a Linde with red tomebreaker... I keep thinking she might come in handy, but then Cecila just seems to laugh. 

Urgh, it's that feeling. I have all the units to beat this, probably in a gazillion different ways, but the right combo currently eludes me... 

Oh well, I'll keep trying. And 5* Ursula is there if nothing else, thanks to the gauntlet ^.^ 

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I only have one Odin left. He's just such useful skill fodder. Darn you, Odin!

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you don't need R Tomebreaker on 5* Ursula.

I just have it for her -- mine is 4* too -- since she was my only other blue mage at the time and her resistance is good (and so is her attack compared to Odin), so why not. It's not optimal for arena or whatever, but it's really useful for singleplayer maps. Case in point: F!Robin with Gronnraven+ and Ursula with Blarblade and R Tomebreaker destroys the blue and red mages on Zephiel's map leaving the knights pretty helpless. Also, if I needed her which I didn't because of Mae, she would have been my back-up counter for Celica in the recent Tempest Trials.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It's funny, Reinhardt happily kills all the lancers, but can't destroy the red mages... but if I did have a spare red tomebreaker, he'd kill all the red mages but not the lancers >.< 

The red mage has Rauðrwolf+, Swift Sparrow, G Tomebreaker 3, high speed, and high resistance. That mage is geared to kill any cavalier, green mage, and unit in general while try to deal with the lance cavalier.

5* and 4* Ursula barely lives against the red mage. She'd have a better time with T-Adept, but that makes her a target for Cecilia since her damage drops against her and she might lose some damage against the red mage depending on how math works out.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you don't need R Tomebreaker on 5* Ursula.

I just have it for her -- mine is 4* too -- since she was my only other blue mage at the time and her resistance is good (and so is her attack compared to Odin), so why not. It's not optimal for arena or whatever, but it's really useful for singleplayer maps. Case in point: F!Robin with Gronnraven+ and Ursula with Blarblade and R Tomebreaker destroys the blue and red mages on Zephiel's map leaving the knights pretty helpless. Also, if I needed her which I didn't because of Mae, she would have been my back-ups counter for Celica in the recent Tempest Trials.

The red mage has Rauðrwolf+, Swift Sparrow, G Tomebreaker 3, high speed, and high resistance. That mage is geared to kill any cavalier, green mage, and unit in general while try to deal with the lance cavalier.

5* and 4* Ursula barely lives against the red mage. She'd have a better time with T-Adept, but that makes her a target for Cecilia since her damage drops against her and she might lose some damage against the red mage depending on how math works out.

Nah, on 5*, you don't. Someone was saying for 4* it might work, but again, it possibly won't. 

I was so sad not to have a spare red tomebreaker during the Cecilia fight in TT... so I went and put it on Linde the second an Odin popped up for me. Maybe should've waited on that one lol. 

Nah, on 5*, you don't. Someone was saying for 4* it might work, but again, it possibly won't. 

Which was me. :P

I'd play it safe and go with 5* Ursula or just wait and see if another strategy pops up.

I was so sad not to have a spare red tomebreaker during the Cecilia fight in TT... so I went and put it on Linde the second an Odin popped up for me. Maybe should've waited on that one lol. 

Was your Linde -Spd? =Spd wouldn't need it and she could just take Celica out on your next player phase. Sitting on a defense tile would help too since she'd take way less damage.

Lunatic Celica was just a big no to me because her stats after Ragnarok is complete BS. Wiping out almost everyone? Yeah, that's totally unreasonable. Lunatic trials definitely became a nope when a Boey showed up with 33 speed and ungodly defense on the last map. Lucina taking two turns to do some damage to him and getting Mae? almost killed was not worth it just to take out Boey and hell if I'm going to risk encountering Boey and Merric like that again even if I had a 4* Raigh and Sophia at the time -- still my only red mages plus -Atk Henry -- which I didn't since they were 3* units.

So, I just stuck with 5 battles hard and had Mae on my second team for the bonus. Hard Celica was way more reasonable, especially since I start that map always with Mae dragging back someone to sit behind her on the defense tile to up her stats.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Which was me. :P

I'd play it safe and go with 5* Ursula or just wait and see if another strategy pops up.

Was your Linde -Spd? =Spd wouldn't need it and she could just take Celica out on your next player phase. Sitting on a defense tile would help too since she'd take way less damage.

Lunatic Celica was just a big no to me because her stats after Ragnarok is complete BS. Wiping out almost everyone? Yeah, that's totally unreasonable. Lunatic trials definitely became a nope when a Boey showed up with 33 speed and ungodly defense on the last map. Lucina taking two turns to do some damage to him and getting Mae? almost killed was not worth it just to take out Boey and hell if I'm going to risk encountering Boey and Merric like that again even if I had a 4* Raigh and Sophia at the time -- still my only red mages plus -Atk Henry -- which I didn't since they were 3* units.

So, I just stuck with 5 battles hard and had Mae on my second team for the bonus. Hard Celica was way more reasonable, especially since I start that map always with Mae dragging back someone to sit behind her on the defense tile to up her stats.

I preferred to oneshot Cecilia to take out the big bad. Turned out that with Reinhardt, a buff, and a proc, I could take her out anyway, so all was good :) 

Seriously, for TT, all you need is Xander, Reinhardt, a dancer (pref Azura) and a bonus unit, and you can usually get right to the end with little problem :) 

Sometimes they'll throw too many green units or Nowi at you, which eventually can wear them down, but I think on the last TT, I beat it all the way through on Lunatic 3/4 time, if not more.

Does get a tiny bit dull, though, since it's the same thing over and over. My problem is, when I find something that works, I stick with it fairly rigidly. 

Spoiler

Ehh... wanted to try something that didn't involve horses doing the (WoM)bo Combo.

Team + Relevant Stuff:

• Raigh - Raudrwolf+ / Iceberg / Fury 3 / Seal Res 3
  • Lilina [+Spd/-HP] - Raudrblade+ / Drawback / Growing Flame / Res+2 / R-Tomebreaker 2 / Spur Atk 3 / Atk +1 Seal
  • Fae - Draw Back / Lunge / Spur Res 2
  • Eirika - Sieglinde / Swap / Hone Spd 3 / Fort Res 1 Seal

If Fae had Spur Res 3, Lilina could have ran Fury 3 and HP+3 seal instead.

Buffs and specific positioning (via movement skills) were key for this victory.

Just beat Infernal, essentially mimicking the Nino-Olivia-Camus-Eirika strat 2 pages back, but with Roy instead of Eirika and Azura instead of Olivia.

Ultimately, I needed to manipulate the skills on most of the units. 4* Nino with Darting Blow 3 could be replicated by a 5* Nino with Fury 3, Hone Speed 3, and the Speed +1 Seal. Roy needed to learn Hone Spd 3, and Camus needed to inherit Atk +2 and Bonfire to be able to clinch the kill on the Brave Archer even with buffs (since the one in the video ran Death Blow). Also Azura needed to switch to her Steel Lance because with the Sapphire Lance+ Cecilia one-shots her. In any case the rest of the orbs are mine now.

Well, this is hilarious. My +Spd, -Def 4* Gordin can actually survive against Cecilia or Lilina if he has +3 speed and +4 resistance or +3 speed, +2 resistance, and a HP +3 seal. It only works once. Just once! But he can actually live against them. This is, however, assuming neither of them have attack buffs, which both have as their C-slot, so RIP that idea.

Basically, I could start the map of taking out the Pegasus Knight and using someone to Draw Back or Reposition Gordin out, but everything seems to fall apart after that. Gordin can't double the lance cavalier leaving him just there which is probably a bad idea. If I choose to take him out, Gordin's in range of both Cecilia and Lilina. I could throw in -- terrible idea -- Camus or Xander to try and take out both Cecilia and Lilina, but that puts them in range of the archer who vaporizes both 4* Camus and 5* Xander without defense or HP buffs and 4* Camus would not survive against Cecilia without +2 resistance and a HP +3 seal. For those wondering, Xander has Hone Cavalry through Hone Speed 1 and 2 -- hey, it was a way to free up space and I figured it could be useful off cavalry teams -- and incidentally that could save Gordin if he needs to take a hit from either of Cecilia or Lilina without buffs. Camus would be a good way to ORKO Lilina if he gets both Hone Speed 2 as well and Camus's Spur Attack 2 would also let Gordin 2RKO the lance cavalier if needed. That, and I should probably use one of my many Barsts to give Camus Reposition. Otherwise, +Atk, -Def 4* Abel and +Spd, -Def 4* Cordelia work too.

Eh... I don't think this stupid idea would work out. The idea was to somehow use a combination of 4* Camus with Reposition, 4* +Spd, -Def Gordin, 4* Olivia with Wings of Mercy 3 if that matters, and 5* Xander with Hone Speed 2 and Swap. I think I could take out every unit including that annoying archer with these four, but it's going to be a how can I take them out without getting anyone killed. I should probably substitute either Camus or Xander with a mage...

Edited by Kaden

Well, finally did Infernal with the help of the video that use Narcian and Ursula, it was... wow...

But now that I lost the pressure of the "orbs",  I can try lot of things in the map, if I find my own way on it it would be great, if not... Then I atleast won the orbs with the help of others haha

Pretty straightforward, especially if you have Bridelia or Quadsuna and dancers.

My Quadsuna is still a work in progress (need to 5* Gordin for the bow...) so I did Infernal with Y!Tiki (w. Lightning Breath), Setsuna (just to kill the peg), Azura & Delthea. The trickiest part was getting Delthea to survive Lilina's special attack.

Was able to beat Infernal using the Ursula/Camus/Palla/Hana setup, but with only 4* Ursula.  Had to change tactics, mainly in making sure both Palla and Ursula had their specials ready for the archer.  Also minor skill inheritance.

-Ursula - R.Tomebreaker 1, to avoid being doubled by the red mage.
-Hana - Spur atk 1, to allow Ursula to one shot the archer.

The battles goes almost the same, except that Palla will kill the red mage with a Rally Attack from Hana (keep Palla one space north of the bottom right corner so that Hana can be in the correct position to tank Cecilia), and Hana must be both next to and boost Ursula when Ursula attacks the archer (Camus must also be in range of Ursula to boost her).  Neutral IV Moonblow Palla will drop the archer to 45 hp, and Ursula will be able to finish it.

@KatarinaCS1, thank you so much. Somehow, I never thought to have Palla attack and finish off the red mage.

It didn't exactly work for me since I didn't level neutral Hana to level 40 as a 4* yet, but the idea of having someone else finish off the red mage to keep Ursula's special charge worked.

After some trial and error of trying to figure out how get the lance Pegasus Knight away from the starting area, my team and plan ended up using 4* Camus, 4* Olivia (neutral) with Wings of Mercy 3, 4* Ursula with R Tomebreaker 3, and 5* Xander with Hone Cavalry. Olivia and Xander substituted for Palla and Hana respectively. The other times where I used Palla, Xander taking a hit from Cecilia to counter damage her left him with 19 HP, above WoM2's 40% threshold. So, she couldn't get out after attacking the red mage leaving her and Ursula stuck with the Brave Bow archer. Olivia could and so could have Cain or anyone with access to WoM3 as a 4*.

Anyway, like in the original strategy, Camus has an Attack +1 seal, but I also gave Ursula a HP +3 seal for safety and a Quickened Pulse seal on Xander just cause.

Spoiler

Turns 1 and 2 were the same except I had Xander move under Camus after Ursula took out the lance cavalier.

Enemy turn 1 leaves Ursula barely alive and with her special charged. What changed and had been my problem is that the lance Pegasus Knight breaks the right wall and Cecilia is above her and Lilina to the left of her. This actually turned out not be that scary. Also, the archer breaks the left wall.

Turn 3: Ursula moves under the wall so that Olivia can warp in to finish the red mage and Camus moves under Xander who is in range of Cecilia, but not in Lilina or the Pegasus Knight's.

Enemy turn 2: no idea why, but the lance Pegasus moves two tiles to be above the left opening where the archer created. Maybe she's trying to get to Olivia and Ursula? Whatever. Cecilia attacks Xander and both are left half dead and Lilina follows Cecilia -- terrible idea.

Turn 4: Xander finishes Cecilia, Camus takes out Lilina, Ursula moves one tile right to avoid the archer, and Olivia warps to Xander.

Enemy turn 3: both units move to the top. Weird since the archer could have moved down to get closer to Ursula, but whatever. The important thing is that the Camus is in range of the Pegasus Knight.

Turn 5: do nothing and let Camus and the Pegasus Knight duke it out.

Enemy turn 4 is exactly as what turn 5 says. Archer moves towards Camus, Olivia, and Xander putting him in range of Ursula and Xander and Camus who is kind of preoccupied at the moment. Just a little.

Turn 6: Camus finishes off the Pegasus Knight, Xander attacks the archer, and Ursula finishes off the archer with her special or if you had Quickened Pulse on Xander for whatever reason like me, Xander can finish off the archer too.

Edited by Kaden

I decided to try using a Klein + two dancers strategy for Lunatic and it worked! I actually didn't have to have either Azura or Olivia fight. Nino and Klein did all the work. Klein also repositioned Nino out of danger later.

He barely survived Lilina though, so this surely wouldn't work on Infernal. Especially since Infernal has an extra red mage. I'm not sure how I'd do that one. I'd love the orbs though.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to try using a Klein + two dancers strategy for Lunatic and it worked! I actually didn't have to have either Azura or Olivia fight. Nino and Klein did all the work. Klein also repositioned Nino out of danger later.

He barely survived Lilina though, so this surely wouldn't work on Infernal. Especially since Infernal has an extra red mage. I'm not sure how I'd do that one. I'd love the orbs though.

Congratulations!

What rarity and nature is your Klein? You might actually be able to clear Infernal.

12 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Congratulations!

What rarity and nature is your Klein? You might actually be able to clear Infernal.

5 star, +HP, -Res. He is not surviving those mages. xP

But thanks, I'm glad I got me some orbs.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

5 star, +HP, -Res. He is not surviving those mages. xP

But thanks, I'm glad I got me some orbs.

You didn't get the Quickened Pulse seal from the 1st TT did you? If you have it, Klein would be able to kill Lilina and he can survive Cecilia on the Enemy Phase.

Another option would be if you pulled a Summer Xander. His C-slot skill would make it work too.

Just now, Hawk King said:

You didn't get the Quickened Pulse seal from the 1st TT did you? If you have it, Klein would be able to kill Lilina and he can survive Cecilia on the Enemy Phase.

Another option would be if you pulled a Summer Xander. His C-slot skill would make it work too.

I have none of those.

Managed to get close enough to beting it but was undone by Cecilia. Xander was too slow! Then I remembered  had 4 spare Henry's. One Green Tome Breaker later, the brute force strat was complete. Titania (w/ Hone), Xander (w/ Fortify, though it never actually did anything, no Fury, Bonfire though again it didn't do anything, G. T. B.), Ninian, Reinhardt (Reposition, Luna, QP). Pretty standard, but wanted them orrrrrrbs

Also very surprised at Reinhardt surviving one (1) hit from Cecilia

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I have none of those.

Do you have all the GHB characters?

There is this video for Infernal with 4*Ursula, 5*Xander, 5*Camus and 4*Narcian (but people say that 3*Narcian with Death Blow can work too)

The only inheritance you need are Ursula with R Tomebreaker (from Odin, lv1 can work) and Xander with Quick Riposte (Subaki) and Hone Cavalry (Gunther). Plus Res seal on Xander and strengh seal on Narcian. In the video Ursula have Blarblade, but I did it with Ursula's default tome and it still worked (the only change is that the red mage survive but you kill it in your turn)

The inheritance is small, but Xander and Camus need to be 5* to work, but well, they are good units and always usefull to have as 5* anyway

@Gustavos @Kaden

In the end, my Xander/Reinhardt/Camus/Olivia team actually worked :D All I had to do was attack Lilina instead of Cecilia with Xander :)

Thanks again for your suggestions :D 

I'd give a blow by blow if anyone is desperate to know and I can remember. It requires a fair amount of SI and a Quickened Pulse Seal... as well as relying on my faulty memory. I'm sure others strats would be better for people ^.^''

Edited by Cute Chao

31 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

There is this video for Infernal with 4*Ursula, 5*Xander, 5*Camus and 4*Narcian (but people say that 3*Narcian with Death Blow can work too)

The only inheritance you need are Ursula with R Tomebreaker (from Odin, lv1 can work) and Xander with Quick Riposte (Subaki) and Hone Cavalry (Gunther). Plus Res seal on Xander and strengh seal on Narcian. In the video Ursula have Blarblade, but I did it with Ursula's default tome and it still worked (the only change is that the red mage survive but you kill it in your turn)

<snip>

The inheritance is small, but Xander and Camus need to be 5* to work, but well, they are good units and always usefull to have as 5* anyway

She couldn't replicate that since she doesn't have that Xander.

I was going to give her the suggestion to replicate my Infernal strategy which involved Klein, Nino, a dancer and a buff bot (Eirika in my case) but I don't think her Klein could handle Cecilia without the Attack boon and Luna that mine has.

46 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She couldn't replicate that since she doesn't have that Xander.

I was going to give her the suggestion to replicate my Infernal strategy which involved Klein, Nino, a dancer and a buff bot (Eirika in my case) but I don't think her Klein could handle Cecilia without the Attack boon and Luna that mine has.

Yeah, this. I didn't get Ursula either. I didn't care to get them.

I guess this time I really don't have the right units. Oh well...