Bound Hero Battle: The Reunion (Lilina + Cecilia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Okay, I beat lunatic using the same method I used in hard with one difference -- Sanaki got a quickened pulse seal. On my first try, she blew up Cecilia with a glimmer proc and Lilina was able to KO her, so I wanted to make sure she didn't use that proc on Cecilia.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I feel kinda clever for this: my Lunatic Clear differed by using Delthea instead of Klein. The cleverness comes from how minute the difference Drive Attack served- Klein giving the buff to Lilina meant that he couldn't reach the enemy Lilina. Delthea's buff was sufficient to let Lilina kill Cecilia, and she could do so while killing Lilina. 2 turn clear with Nino, Lilina, Delthea and Olivia.

Wonder where the extra red tome is in Infernal. I have my suspicions...

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am laughing so hard at the placement of the red mage on Infernal. They were expecting you...

Yep. Knew it.

My Lunatic clear sent Nino there with a dancer. Delthea couldn't manage the horse kill- would Lancebreaker just for this be decent?

All right. Made it through Hard and Lunatic with Reinhardt, Xander, Azura, and Cecilia. It took me a few times to get the placement right, but I used a Katarina, Reinhardt, Nino, and Olivia for Infernal. Nino didn't even need to do anything except use Draw Back. XD 

General Strategy: Reinhardt breaks the wall and everyone moves up in a cluster around him just out of range. Next turn, Reinhardt rushes in. Lancebreaker allows him to get rid of the peg. It's very important that you use Nino to draw him back. Nino draws back Rein. Olivia dances Nino and Nino draws back Olivia. Next, Katarina draws by Rein. Everyone's in an awkward straight line. (Rein, Katarina, Olivia, Nino.) On the next turn, use Rein to kill the lance cav then use Oliva to dance him into the upper half of the map (out of the mage's range) to get Lilina. Katarina can KO Cecilia. On enemy phase, the mage attacks Olivia, but she's fine. On my final turn, I used Rein to take out the mage and Katarina to take out the archer. 

Done Infernal. Wasn't too bad. Nino and Rein curbstomp everything with the help of 2 Olivias. I really need to merge Nino once more so she'll reach 44 speed naturally, too often I see an enemy with 39 speed in these new modes. 

Jank horse team of unbalanced merges beat Infernal blind no problem, but I'll definitely be trying again with a non-horse team. Shouldn't be too hard now that I know what to expect.

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Escutcheon, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+6 Olwen [+Atk, -Res] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+5 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry)

Peri tosses Olwen over her, and Olwen kills the lance knight. The rest after that is easy since the archer and red mage will be stuck behind the wall while you slaughter the rest of them. Peri tanks a hit from the lance pegasus because Reinhardt doesn't have Lancebreaker to one-round kill.

I don't think my dragon team will be able to pull this one off, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Is a 4 star Nino good to use in lunatic? I am planning to use her with Xander, Olivia and Reinhardt.

I'm going to say it depends on IV/ build. If you want to ORKO the blue peg with Nino you need 59atk OR 41 speed to double.

Edited by Kiran

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am laughing so hard at the placement of the red mage on Infernal. They were expecting you...

Yeah, that was my reaction too. "They know".

That's not fair, if I can't abuse Reinhardt, what am I going to do?!

Just now, Thane said:

Yeah, that was my reaction too. "They know".

That's not fair, if I can't abuse Reinhardt, what am I going to do?!

Wait, you guys are talking about Reinhardt there? That red mage was a solid Nino check for me.

Beat lunatic rather easily with a team of Reinhardt, Hector, Ike and Olivia.

Basicly: Reinhardt gets danced to beat the lance cav down south. On the second turn, he comes up to kill the archer and Lilina. After that, Hector swaps with him to block the pegasi and Ike repositions him out of Cecilia's range. The pegasi suicides into Hector and Olivia tanks a hit from Cecilia. Final turn is Ike killing Cecilia.

Time to find out how this strategy works on Infernal!

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Wait, you guys are talking about Reinhardt there? That red mage was a solid Nino check for me.

He's got Rauðrwolf, while the Cavalier's got Brave Lance which means he can kill Reinhard with Lancebreaker. Basically, if you send Reinhardt in there, he dies, unless you can dance and get him to take out both of them, but that means your dancer is likely to die.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

He's got Rauðrwolf, while the Cavalier's got Brave Lance which means he can kill Reinhard with Lancebreaker. Basically, if you send Reinhardt in there, he dies, unless you can dance and get him to take out both of them, but that means your dancer is likely to die.

Well, no wonder Delthea could basically ignore the guy.

Anyway, I think giving Delthea Lancebreaker herself could solve that problem. Potentially.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The red mage is capable of killing standard Reinhardt, Nino, and Cecilia builds. Which is why I used Olwen instead.

Beat Lunatic with Celica/Julia/Anna/Azura, mostly abusing the fact that for some reason, Lilina can't one-shot Julia lol.

Infernal's a head scratcher though. Can't think of how to engage the map.

I honestly find it really funny that every time one of these Hero Battles roll in, I have to say "gee I don't have 5* Xander or Camus yet again". It's amazing how insanely useful those two are.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Infernal's a head scratcher though. Can't think of how to engage the map.

I make it all the way to the red mage and then I lose LOL

I break the block, wait until next turn, then have buffed Nino kill the flier and dance + reposition to her regular spot. Next turn I dual dance having Nino kill The Lance cav and Lilina while Celica kills Cecilia and the brave bow

After that the red mage comes in and mucks up Nino or Celica depending on which one is put nearest to him

Finished my over-merged Unlimited Blade Works run.

+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -HP] (Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Draw Back, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Nino [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3)

1. Ninian moves above Caeda. Nino moves under Caeda. This gives Caeda enough buffs to kill lance knight in one round.
  2. Caeda moves left of Ninian. Ninian uses Dance on Caeda without moving. Caeda kills lance knight (57→0). Tharja move right of Ninian. Nino moves below Tharja.
    1. Red mage attacks Caeda (34→24) and dies (52→0). Lance pegasus breaks the wall above Ninian. Cecilia moves above lance pegasus. Lilina moves left of lance pegasus. Archer breaks the wall above Caeda.
  3. Caeda kills Lilina with Aether (57→0, 24→34) with Aether being necessary for the kill. Ninian uses Dance on Caeda. Caeda kills archer (59→0, 34→10). Tharja kills Cecilia (58→0, 39→16). Nino kills lance pegasus (52→0). Stage clear.

I think Caeda was the only unit that actually needed the merges since she had trouble with the lance knight and Lilina.

Beat infernal on my second try using a variation of Rafiel's strategy. Sanaki can't do the KOs that Katarina could, so I had to improvise on the fly after the first two turns. I'm not really sure what I changed on my first try compared to the second one, but I guess enemy positioning and my units' positioning was different because I cleared it?

Alright, I beat infernal with a team of Ryoma, Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia.

Strategy:

Spoiler

On the first turn, Reinhardt breaks the wall north of you and I position evryone further up. On the second turn, Reinhardt goes up to kill the pegasi (he needs lance breaker), after which a dance+draw back combo gets evryone to safety. Enemies approuch.

On the third turn, Reinhardt kills Lilina. After that, it took some positioning, but I got Hector to stand in the choke point, Olivia to his right, Ryoma below Hector, and Reinhardt to Ryoma's right. This blocked the cavaliers pass, so he had to suicide into Hector. Olivia still tanks a hit from Cecilia.

On the final turn, Hector swaps with Ryoma, allowing him to kill Cecilia. Reinhardt murders the final two with dance support.

Pretty fun map all things considered, but it felt a lot easier then previous Infernal maps. Might be that I just had the right team this time around though.

Beat Infernal! With Reindhart ( = ), Cecilia (+ATK), and 2 Olivia!

• Reindhart has Lancebreaker to kill the Lance Peg.
  • Reindhart has Draconic Aura (It has to proc), and Death Blow 3 in order to ORKO Lilina.
  • Cecilia has Gronnblade for damage boost.
  • Cecilia has Quick Riposte / G Tomebreaker to defeat enemy Cecilia.
  • Both Reindhart & Cecilia has Hone Cavalry.
  • Cecilia has Reposition, while Reindhart has Draw Back.
  • The two dancers just dances Reindhart and Cecilia out of harm.

The biggest head scratcher was to find a way to circle around that extra Red Mage on the left. Thankfully Reindhart can kill him with just enough damage (26 x 2 = kill); if he engages first. Cecilia was there mostly for the Reposition, but does defeat her own maker with Hone boost, which was a necessity. Lilina has 57 HP, and Hone boosted Reindhart deals (28 x 2) damage, and Lilina will double and kill Reindhart if she retaliates. He needs a special proc in order to defeat Lilina in one round. I had to watch the spacing on the dancers; I positioned one dancer on the bottom right, and the other two spaces up.

Kills in order:

1. Reindhart kills Lance Pegasus (Lancebreaker)
  2. Cecilia kills Cecilia (Quick Riposte / G Tomebreaker)
  3. Reindhart kills Lance Cavalier (DA at 1)
  4. Reindhart danced and kills Lilina (DA proc)
  5. Reindhart kills Red Mage
  6. Reindhart kills Bow Infantry

Edited by Lyrai

Oh, how I love my regular team! Yet again, Olivia/Cordelia/Eirika/Nino have come through for me.

I spent the first few turns breaking all of the blocks and getting into position. My first move was Nino blowing up the Lance Flier (needs Hone Spd), followed by Dance + Draw Back. That left me in a square: clockwise from top left, Olivia, Cordelia, Eirika, Nino. The enemies all arranged themselves nicely, with Cecilia 2 above Olivia, Lilina in the middle above the unbreakable wall, the Bow Fighter next to her, the Lance Cavalier two spaces left of Olivia, and the Red Mage following the Lance Cavalier around from the south.

Then all the enemies died. I kid you not, I cleaned out four units in one turn. Cordelia attacks the cavalier, and ORKOes. Olivia dances her. Cordelia attacks the bow fighter, and ORKOes thanks to Hone Spd. Galeforce activates. Cordelia attacks Lilina, and ORKOes. Nino obliterates Cecilia (Atk +1 seal, Hone Atk 3 on Olivia). End turn. The lone red mage didn't stand a chance against Cordelia after that.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be trying Infernal if the reward wasn't Orbs, but it's so much fun seeing how far I can go with the same three units every time.