2nd Twitter Poll, Dual Special Attacks

Torii

The official FE Warriors twitter uploaded this a few hours ago. It's another poll, but this time it's not for bond conversations. Instead, it's for showing dual special attacks when two characters combine their power. Like the last one, if the poll is retweeted over 2000 or 3000 times, the 2nd and 3rd place will be revealed too. 

The poll options are:

1. Lucina & Marth

2. Lissa & Frederick

3. Ryoma & Xander

4. Frederick & Robin

Edited by Torii

Frederick and Robin, please! Those two have gotten the least amount of screen time of anyone! We haven't even seen ANYTHING for poor Freddy!

I can't vote though, because I don't have a Twitter and don't need one. So can others vote them in my stead, plz?

Though I'd be okay with Frederick and Lissa too, seeing as it's still including Frederick. We just need SOMETHING more of him because he wasn't available to use in the recent demo.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Torii said:

The official FE Warriors twitter uploaded this a few hours ago. It's another poll, but this time it's not for bond conversations. Instead, it's for showing dual special attacks when two characters combine their power. Like the last one, if the poll is retweeted over 2000 or 3000 times, the 2nd and 3rd place will be revealed too. 

The poll options are:

1. Lucina & Marth

2. Lissa & Frederick

3. Ryoma & Xander

4. Frederick & Robin

Torii you wonderful person you, thanks I'm gonna make an article about this right away

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick and Robin, please! Those two have gotten the least amount of screen time of anyone! We haven't even seen ANYTHING for poor Freddy!

I can't vote though, because I don't have a Twitter and don't need one. So can others vote them in my stead, plz?

Though I'd be okay with Frederick and Lissa too, seeing as it's still including Frederick. We just need SOMETHING more of him because he wasn't available to use in the recent demo.

Got you covered. Couldn't care less about any of this myself.

You'll want that Retweet goal to be met, though- as of my vote, both Frederick options combined still fall short of second place (40% for the Marths, 32% for the Big Bros, and then 17% and 11% for Frederick's. Robin is beating Lissa.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Got you covered. Couldn't care less about any of this myself.

You'll want that Retweet goal to be met, though- as of my vote, both Frederick options combined still fall short of second place (40% for the Marths, 32% for the Big Bros, and then 17% and 11% for Frederick's. Robin is beating Lissa.

Thanks!

And wow. Nobody cares about Frederick... Except me, I guess. I'm surprised hardly anyone wants to see him when we've seen nothing on him so far. Wouldn't they want more of lesser seen characters? We've seen a ton of Xander already. Same with Marth and Lucina. Ryoma not really so much, but still. Robin and Frederick have even less screen time than any of them. Then Lissa is probably the second least seen after that one video posted more of Robin. They really deserve this more...

I feel like Koei is trying to make up for a lack of Frederick by having made him a boss in that demo and then giving him two options in this poll here while all the other characters have either one or none. Chrom and Corrin aren't there at all.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks!

And wow. Nobody cares about Frederick... Except me, I guess. I'm surprised hardly anyone wants to see him when we've seen nothing on him so far. Wouldn't they want more of lesser seen characters? We've seen a ton of Xander already. Same with Marth and Lucina. Ryoma not really so much, but still. Robin and Frederick have even less screen time than any of them. Then Lissa is probably the second least seen after that one video posted more of Robin. They really deserve this more...

You're welcome.

I kinda want to see more of Lissa- she had that thing where she had Frederick stuck on her axe in the GameXplain footage, and I'm intrigued on that alone.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

You're welcome.

I kinda want to see more of Lissa- she had that thing where she had Frederick stuck on her axe in the GameXplain footage, and I'm intrigued on that alone.

That was a glitch though. Frederick wasn't meant to be stuck there like that. The grappling part was intended, but not him actually getting stuck there even for normal attacks.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That was a glitch though. Frederick wasn't meant to be stuck there like that. The grappling part was intended, but not him actually getting stuck there even for normal attacks.

I irrationally want that to become an ascended glitch, though...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I irrationally want that to become an ascended glitch, though...

That kind of thing could be bad for gameplay though. What if Lissa is an enemy and the character you're playing gets stuck? xP

I can at least see that Koei wants to give us more Freddy though! Because he'll be shown if the retweet goal is met no matter how things turn out. He has two options in this poll unlike the other characters, and one of them would have to be third place if the other two got first and second!

So guys, let's at least meet the retweet goal for him!

...And I just might make a Twitter now simply to help with that. xP I could show my art on it too, but I have other sites I can do that on well enough. I guess more viewers is always nice though. I'll think more on it a little later, I got a few things to do.

Just now, Jedi said:

No problem! Just trying to help spread any sort of updates in case people missed it haha (because we all know there isn't much news for this game right now).

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I feel like Koei is trying to make up for a lack of Frederick by having made him a boss in that demo and then giving him two options in this poll here while all the other characters have either one or none. Chrom and Corrin aren't there at all.

I do have to agree with this, I'm surprised no one wants to see more of him. Frederick is far from one of my favourite characters, but I still want to see him in action at least. We've seen him maybe do like one move as a boss before Lissa just went and pummeled him, so any gameplay of him is welcomed by me!

11 minutes ago, Torii said:

I do have to agree with this, I'm surprised no one wants to see more of him. Frederick is far from one of my favourite characters, but I still want to see him in action at least. We've seen him maybe do like one move as a boss before Lissa just went and pummeled him, so any gameplay of him is welcomed by me!

Yeah, and imagine how the other actual Freddy fans must feel, man! It's kinda hard being his fan right now, between him not having much chance in the Heroes beach gauntlet and having next to nothing of him shown in gameplay in Warriors. I'm grateful that IS and Koei gave him a nice amount of love though, even if the fans don't! Early July was awesome for Freddy fans because of the Warriors and Heroes Ylissean Summer reveals, so yeah. I'm definitely glad for that at least. :)

29 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I kind of doubt that we're getting unique animations for all combinations. Maybe some will, but for the most part, I imagine that there will be a generic animation for the support part and the main part.

This actually reminds me of WO3:U where certain teams did this very thing. Every character had at least one unique switch combo that can only be done by that specific team in a specific order, tho the only one I remember off the top of my head is Jiang Wei, Lu Xun & Cao Pi.

Still tho, It'd be nice to see what they come up with, nonetheless.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and imagine how the other actual Freddy fans must feel, man! It's kinda hard being his fan right now, between him not having much chance in the Heroes beach gauntlet and having next to nothing of him shown in gameplay in Warriors. I'm grateful that IS and Koei gave him a nice amount of love though, even if the fans don't! Early July was awesome for Freddy fans because of the Warriors and Heroes Ylissean Summer reveals, so yeah. I'm definitely glad for that at least. :)

To be fair, and with no disrespect to Freddy,  is it really much of a surprise? I mean, look who he's up against: Marth & Lucina, two main characters who are also one of the most well known in all of FE, with one of them holding a close relation to the other separated only by time and appear in Smash together; Ryoma & Xander, the two opposing "lords" in all but name with contrasting legendary weapons, are the strongest in their respective kingdoms putting aside their differences to make the ultimate tag team; ...... and then you have Frederick, who, for all of his dutiful self as the ultimate retainer, vice-commander of the Shepherds and is our first look at axes, along with Lissa .... is still just Frederick. If anything, its unfair to even have him compete against them 

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

To be fair, and with no disrespect to Freddy,  is it really much of a surprise? I mean, look who he's up against: Marth & Lucina, two main characters who are also one of the most well known in all of FE, with one of them holding a close relation to the other separated only by time and appear in Smash together; Ryoma & Xander, the two opposing "lords" in all but name with contrasting legendary weapons, are the strongest in their respective kingdoms putting aside their differences to make the ultimate tag team; ...... and then you have Frederick, who, for all of his dutiful self as the ultimate retainer, vice-commander of the Shepherds and is our first look at axes, along with Lissa .... is still just Frederick. If anything, its unfair to even have him compete against them 

Yes, it is. I figured people would want to see more of characters that we've seen very little of instead of wanting to see the same ones every time. Favoritism or not.

Also, given that Frederick is the only character to appear in two options here, I'd say Koei wants us to pick him too.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, given that Frederick is the only character to appear in two options here, I'd say Koei wants us to pick him too.

I don't see how this is even a statement considering the purpose of... You know... A poll.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I don't see how this is even a statement considering the purpose of... You know... A poll.

Frederick is in two poll options, SoC.

The retweet goal would allow first, second, and third place to get shown. If that goal is reached, and it probably will be, Frederick will be shown by default because ONE of his options would have to be third because the other two would be first and second. They want to show him to us regardless.

Thats also going off the assumption that it'd even reach that end goal. After all, the last poll did the same, and I don't believe it reached the amount for the 3rd.

Also, by that same thought, one could make the case that they had wanted for Chrom in the first one also. Now, whether or not such claims to what the devs are thinking is true cannot be proven but even if it were true, it wouldnt really matter if both options still lost and the RT goal doesn't get reached.

Regardless, its poor practice to project one's wants onto someone else and expect them to be mutual. Especially given how little there is to go off of

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Thats also going off the assumption that it'd even reach that end goal. After all, the last poll did the same, and I don't believe it reached the amount for the 3rd.

Also, by that same thought, one could make the case that they had wanted for Chrom in the first one also. Now, whether or not such claims to what the devs are thinking is true cannot be proven but even if it were true, it wouldnt really matter if both options still lost and the RT goal doesn't get reached.

Regardless, its poor practice to project one's wants onto someone else and expect them to be mutual. Especially given how little there is to go off of

It's already gotten over 1,000 retweets in just the first day though. And four days are left. At that rate, it will reach 3,000.

That poll was from about the same time the new trailer came up, so we don't know if Koei was actually expecting Frederick to not be ready for that demo.

I'm not intending to be rude to anyone. I'm just asking people for a bit of help. And how little there is to go off of is exactly WHY Frederick is most deserving of this. He has not had gameplay shown for him at all outside of like one move as a boss.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Fwiw, they reached the third goal (of 3000 RTs) last time:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/882932845311700992/actions

(My mobile won't let me imbed that tweet so here's a link instead)

As for this poll, I kind of don't have any strong preference for which character I'd I'd like to see as I'm more interested in their gameplay (since I can swoon over my favs once I get to play it myself anyway).

That said, I'm more curious on how the mounted units are going to play so it would be either the one with Ryoma & Xander (I can't recall footage of his specials but I've been a bit out of the loop on Warriors footage) or one of the Frederick combos.

1 minute ago, Tactician_Iris said:

That said, I'm more curious on how the mounted units are going to play so it would be either the one with Ryoma & Xander (I can't recall footage of his specials but I've been a bit out of the loop on Warriors footage) or one of the Frederick combos.

Just go to the Treehouse streams. They used Xander to death because the one lady fangirled over him and the others love the horse. xP