If FE8 was to have a remake, would Seth be nerfed?

I think they would almost have to make him a Jeigan. Or they could leave everything the same but add a lunatic mode.

On a side note the supports in this game were excellent imo and I would love it if in a remake they added more of them.

Oh hell no!! Buff him instead! Seth needs to be even MORE powerful!!

Seriously. I would like that but I know it would be totally absurd :D

The newer FEs have in general stronger units than past games. FE8 was already like that in my opinion. Chances are most units, including Seth, will remain the same.

Seth is the least of Easy Stones' problems tbh. Making the enemies not pathetic and leave Seth the same is a much better option. 

1 hour ago, JoshuasHat said:

I think they would almost have to make him a Jeigan. 

He is already a Jeigan. He is a prepromoted unit who joins you at the beginning and has utility that can last you the whole game.

I don't think they purposefully nerfed anyone too much if at all in the SD/NM/SoV remakes, or bolstered anyone either. Sirius did get nerfed in NM, but this was less than intentional, more, it was the raising of stat caps beyond 20 and addition of harder difficulties where enemies have actually threatening stats which ended up making him worse than he originally was (yet he still ranks quite highly). The caps increase and alteration of mechanics from FE1&3 did a lot to hurt most prepromotes and other units (who were generally bad even in FE1&3), even if the hurt wasn't intentional.

Thus, I doubt they'll directly nerf Seth, whether he'll be better or worse depends strictly on what IS does to everything else.

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

He is already a Jeigan. He is a prepromoted unit who joins you at the beginning and has utility that can last you the whole game.

Hm, is Sigurd a Jeigan? Sorry for going off-topic. Just curious because sometimes I do not get these archetypes...

Yes, he needs a nerf badly.

Cut his growths to Jagen/FE6 Marcus tier.  He's too good as he is and should drop off like they do to make sure he doesn't shatter the game from start to finish.

Nah, he's pretty par for Jagens Marcus (FE7) and beyond. They will have to nerf the slayer skill though, just like with Falcon knights in gaiden. No unit should be dealing 3x damage to the only enemies you face in late/post game. Least of all units that attack as 1-2 range and have staff utility.

I think there's more pressing problems than Seth - namely, the pathetic enemies (FFS, this is the same game with a lategame boss with next to no AS!).

Should there be? Maybe. Like @Levant Mir Celestiasaid, the problem more lies with the enemies being so weak that it allows Seth to steamroll, even in the late game. So it's likely more that enemies need a stat buff pretty much across the board.

Will there be? Definitely not. I also can't really see IS ever buffing the enemies. I don't think SS was ever intended to be really up to the series standard when it came to difficulty.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Nah, he's pretty par for Jagens Marcus (FE7) and beyond. They will have to nerf the slayer skill though, just like with Falcon knights in gaiden. No unit should be dealing 3x damage to the only enemies you face in late/post game. Least of all units that attack as 1-2 range and have staff utility.

No, no, no, no. The nerf to Banish made a lot of things way more tedious than they should be. Palla and Catria can no longer kill bulky monsters and those refuse to die. Worst of all they revenge kill Palla and Catria. The point of the multiplier is to have a delete button, if a effective weapon isn't any better than regular ones what is the point? Case in point Killer Bow and Blessed Bow in SoV. Blessed Bow has terrible numbers, and the Killer Bow can get rid of both monsters and other dudes by pure power. Its not like Arthur and Moulder have remarkable bulk to solo the ending anyways, you still need other units to get monsters out of your face, which can be killed with regular weaponry anyways. The endgame monsters should be strong so you are begging for monster killers.

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yes, he needs a nerf badly.

Cut his growths to Jagen/FE6 Marcus tier.  He's too good as he is and should drop off like they do to make sure he doesn't shatter the game from start to finish.

Even if you nerfed his growths Seth would still be good and would never drop off because his base stats are absurd. You could dump all the stat boosters on him and achieve the same, like in a 0% growths playthrough. 

18 minutes ago, L9999 said:

The point of the multiplier is to have a delete button, if a effective weapon isn't any better than regular ones what is the point? Case in point Killer Bow and Blessed Bow in SoV. Blessed Bow has terrible numbers, and the Killer Bow can get rid of both monsters and other dudes by pure power.

Personally, the Longsword and the Silver Sword in PoR and Blazing Blade came to mind instead of those. Granted, it was because in those games the effective multiplier was only double instead of triple, but the Longsword failed to match up with the Silver even on the enemies it was good against.

• 3 weeks later...