Sacred Coins

Lushen

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yes, but feathers always have a use, and that's upgrading units. So I'm confused at what exactly you mean.

Coins, not feathers. Feathers have a use, but trading coins for a paltry number of feathers is not a good use of coins. Veterans will not pay hard-earned coins for 300 feathers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Coins, not feathers. Feathers have a use, but trading coins for a paltry number of feathers is not a good use of coins. Veterans will not pay hard-earned coins for 300 feathers.

Ohhh. Alrighty, now I get it. My bad, maybe it isn't the best idea then.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This and it would be really odd to receive feathers and something that 90% of the time will be used for feathers.  Why not just give only feathers and add more squad assaults?

Jumping in here, I do think the coins will more then likely be used for buying sacred seals. Though a few other idea do come to mind.

So this has been said, but buying characters. It could possibly be used for out of season heroes (like the swimsuits, brides, easter, whatever future ones they make), or buy grand hero battle units, as they could make them viable, another thing I just thought of were rarity down scrolls or something, buying one of these allows you to lower the rarity of a character of your choice when summoning, so say you wanted Lucina (currently only available at 5 stars) well use 1-2 of these and your odds of getting her increase, though if you want her to be at her full potential then you have to train her up and improve her rarity, the only reason I thought of that is so people who just want to collect all the units can get them and then eventually make them useful (like me, I did that with Anna and the 3 star Robin I pulled day 1), IDK random idea but I would like to see it implemented.

Another choice for the shop (as has been said) is items, so light's blessings, the future arena items, stamina potions, and I want to say orbs, as that would be a good reward in a game where the main currency is stingy like so, yeah there's quests and a few other events, but you need to be really high level to get those, and a semi-average player like myself probably isn't among the top, the only downside I can think of to this is the fact top players in the new arena mode will be getting the rewards, so all it does is boost them further up. Also I didn't say dueling crests, as the new arena mode doesn't require them to be used, and if you're like me and that's what they give most of the time for long in bonuses, then you have over 100 saved up (which is why I would love a item exchange system, trade 10 dueling crests for 1 orb, though I know it'll never happen)

The word "sacred" may imply some relation to sacred seals. Like purchasing new ones or upgrading existing ones. Or it's some relation to these arena items coming in the 1.6 update. The description in the inventory screen is "a valuable ceremonial coin used in antiquity". I'm trying to remember the things Anna said about breidablik when you first play the game. If she mentioned summoning as some ancient ceremony tradition. Probably not.

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

300>0

Like do you math!?!??

yo, gottem.

Maybe it will just be a variety shop? Like not just sacred seals, but the ability to buy all kinds of things. Normal items (potions, blessings, crests), shards, sacred seals, arena assault items, maybe even some units? In this scenario I'd expect everything to be pretty expensive (especially upper tier seals and units) and units in particular I would imagine could be things like GHB units or TT units. Veteran players would probably appreciate "free" units even if they're repeats for the sake of SI (Narcian is still the only way to get lance breaker 3 out of a 4* unit) or merges. And the shop could rotate stock every couple weeks...maybe make purchases limitd in amount too? Like it sells blessings but you can only buy 3 or w/e.

Putting a bunch of things in the shop would also slow down the likliehood of veterans getting everything or the alternate issue of constantly adding in a lot of new seals new players couldn't get otherwise.

Final assumption: There will be ways to get coins outside arena assault or at the very least, you can get a small amount of coins even if you place super poorly. Then new players could have something to build for. They may miss out on the free units for a month, but they'd see there's always a free unit and could just start saving for one they want depending on if they want to advertise the rotation.

I'm also wondering how they'll place us in ranks anyways.  It could be based off your frontliners, but that would be a little silly because we all have teams over 680 points, that doesn't mean we have 7 teams over 680 points.

Personally, I'm hoping we'll get a general store with various things - packages of feathers and badges, stamina potions and crests, maybe rarer and more expensive things like orbs and something to increase a character's level without merging. Maybe each item will have a limited stock that replenishes every month, kind of like FGO has. It would be nice if we could sell excess items for coins, too.

EDIT: ...Looks like r_n said basically the same thing two posts ago and I missed it. Oh well. Looks like we agree, anyway.

Edited by Phoenix_Kensai

9 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Personally, I'm hoping we'll get a general store with various things - packages of feathers and badges, stamina potions and crests, maybe rarer and more expensive things like orbs and something to increase a character's level without merging. Maybe each item will have a limited stock that replenishes every month, kind of like FGO has. It would be nice if we could sell excess items for coins, too.

EDIT: ...Looks like r_n said basically the same thing two posts ago and I missed it. Oh well. Looks like we agree, anyway.

yoooooooooooo if we could sell badges for coins that would be amazing

even if it was just like...100 = 10 i'd go for it so hard.

A Sacred Seal shop would be nice, especially for those who missed out on past seals. Of course, the shop would eventually run out so there would have to be some kind of unlimited utility to use coins on. +1s for limited stock/availability heroes would be meaningful and it wouldn't cut into ISs revenue.

They probably won't do it (because that's how they get their $$$) but I would LOVE a nature reroll service.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

yoooooooooooo if we could sell badges for coins that would be amazing

even if it was just like...100 = 10 i'd go for it so hard.

Since the reward for rank 1 is only 30 coins, I imagine you wouldn't be able to get much by selling things, but it would be nice to have the option. That would give people something besides Hero Merit to grind for in their spare time, too, and a way to acquire potential limited items if they can't earn enough from the arena.

I wonder if ranking won't work differently than usual, though... it looks like we can see about half the tiers in that screenshot, and it's weird that they're all 1 apart. Maybe you won't be competing directly with other players, but trying to beat set scores. Or... maybe they just wanted to encourage heavy competition between whales.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Since the reward for rank 1 is only 30 coins, I imagine you wouldn't be able to get much by selling things, but it would be nice to have the option. That would give people something besides Hero Merit to grind for in their spare time, too, and a way to acquire potential limited items if they can't earn enough from the arena.

I wonder if ranking won't work differently than usual, though... it looks like we can see about half the tiers in that screenshot, and it's weird that they're all 1 apart. Maybe you won't be competing directly with other players, but trying to beat set scores. Or... maybe they just wanted to encourage heavy competition between whales.

Heroes vastly overvalues badges, i could see them letting you trade them in for an odd amount of coins.

Even if it was just a limited trade in, it would still be better than the current situation which is 20 for a promotion and you will earn 7 times that in a given period with half hearted training runs.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that they've been out for a while, and their use still hasn't been determined, I have only a few ideas as to what they would be for. 

The first, and most likely in my opinion, is that they will be used to promote units to 6 stars. My reasoning is the amount received each week and the in game description which states "A valuable ceremonial coin used in antiquity." I'm expecting it will take 200 coins and 20 great badges to promote a unit. Even if a unit took 50 coins to promote to 6*, it would take even the top scoring players a minimum of two weeks just to promote 1 unit. Also, when the game first released, the only way to regularly get large amounts of feathers (used to promote units) was through the arena. Now, the only way to get coins (speculating usage to be promoting units) is through the arena assault, a sub mode of the arena.

The next thing would be as a new currency for an in game shop. This shop would sell multiple things from stamina portions to skills and seals to even exclusive new units. My reasoning behind this is the only other gacha game I've played, PAD, doing a similar thing a while ago. The price range would be anywhere from about 50 coins for portions and stuff to about 500 for exclusive units.

Those are my opinions. I can't see it being used as a trade in for feathers or things already in the game, because they would have just made that feature available as soon as we got the coins. Whatever they are used for will probably be a huge new feature that they felt would have taken up too much time to explain/reveal in the FEH channel.

1 hour ago, Ressueah said:

Now that they've been out for a while, and their use still hasn't been determined, I have only a few ideas as to what they would be for. 

The first, and most likely in my opinion, is that they will be used to promote units to 6 stars. My reasoning is the amount received each week and the in game description which states "A valuable ceremonial coin used in antiquity." I'm expecting it will take 200 coins and 20 great badges to promote a unit. Even if a unit took 50 coins to promote to 6*, it would take even the top scoring players a minimum of two weeks just to promote 1 unit. Also, when the game first released, the only way to regularly get large amounts of feathers (used to promote units) was through the arena. Now, the only way to get coins (speculating usage to be promoting units) is through the arena assault, a sub mode of the arena.

The next thing would be as a new currency for an in game shop. This shop would sell multiple things from stamina portions to skills and seals to even exclusive new units. My reasoning behind this is the only other gacha game I've played, PAD, doing a similar thing a while ago. The price range would be anywhere from about 50 coins for portions and stuff to about 500 for exclusive units.

Those are my opinions. I can't see it being used as a trade in for feathers or things already in the game, because they would have just made that feature available as soon as we got the coins. Whatever they are used for will probably be a huge new feature that they felt would have taken up too much time to explain/reveal in the FEH channel.

It seems way too early for 6* units to be much of a consideration. I seriously doubt that's on the table anywhere within the first year of the game's lifespan. Maybe down the line when they need to try and shake things up for players they think might be losing interest. I can see it going over quite poorly to add a new star rank for units, especially so early. 

Thinking it over since the update, I think that while people are probably correct linking SACRED coins with SACRED seals, it's not merely a shop they might add. Rather than just buying seals, I think we'll be able to upgrade them, Seals like Quick Pulse noticeably don't have a tier denomination, which makes sense due to the effects, but most are a tier 1 equivalent of a regular skill. Paying sacred coins to rank up sacred seals like the latter seems like something they would implement. It effectively makes you able to run those seals as full-fledged 4th slot skills, which would be a pretty cool change. Perhaps we'll be able to buy past seals(and possibly new ones) as well, but I think upgrading seems pretty likely.

I'm predicting a few possibilities for what they could be used for:

1) Allow you to access past banners/GHBs. I think a lot of people would missed them or had little/no success with things like say, the Spring banner or the Xander fight would love to get another chance instead of waiting it out.

2) Skill-inheritance "books", which you could use to teach skills in lieu of using characters. Rarer skills like Distant Counter would be costlier and perhaps limited to one purchase. Would be nice to be able to buy commonly desirable skills like Draw Back/Reposition at a low price in case you're lacking those units by chance.

3) In addition to whatever other features they have, a straight coin > feather conversion.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Thinking it over since the update, I think that while people are probably correct linking SACRED coins with SACRED seals, it's not merely a shop they might add. Rather than just buying seals, I think we'll be able to upgrade them, Seals like Quick Pulse noticeably don't have a tier denomination, which makes sense due to the effects, but most are a tier 1 equivalent of a regular skill. Paying sacred coins to rank up sacred seals like the latter seems like something they would implement. It effectively makes you able to run those seals as full-fledged 4th slot skills, which would be a pretty cool change. Perhaps we'll be able to buy past seals(and possibly new ones) as well, but I think upgrading seems pretty likely.

This is an interesting concept, especially since the rate of coins we're getting would prevent people from instantly maximizing the seals.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I like this idea. Like, right now, we have Squad Ace A 1 and Squad Ace B 1. Those wouldn't make any sense as regular skills, so the numbers suggest it'll eventually be possible to get seals for Squad Ace A 2, Squad Ace B 2, etc., and if they're all separate seals, it'd add up to a LOT of seals. Especially if they also give the other skills the same treatment. That in mind, upgrading the seals makes a lot of sense.

We're also apparently going to get quests for new seals soon, although I doubt they'll add any seal-upgrading functionality until the end-of-August update.

Yeah, I have a feeling they're deliberately delaying the details either to coincide with quests, or, if they are connected to summoning/skills/character investment in some way, not encourage us to conserve our orbs.

1. Changing natures is ideal, seasonal units you can only get once can really suck if you get stuck with a bad nature.
  2. Buying Seals is alright but can be dicey. If you have the seal then the coins become worthless, if you don't have the seal and they swap in and out you can potentially miss out on limited seals depending on what they do.
  3. Fusion is too out there to consider.
  4. Anything that makes Arena Assault easier basically makes them worthless too because the top players will still be the top players and the feathers you get won't increase regardless.
  5. The idea of a store is nice but ultimately changes nothing as well. Buying stamina potions, Light Blessings, Badges etc is a cool idea, but once you've been playing for even a month or two and become a better player, those things pile up on their own and you don't really need more (Light Blessings are cool, but all the hardest modes disable them!).
  6. The idea of *6 Units makes me want to barf.
  7. Leveling up skills without needing the units (IE. QR3 and LnD3) is pretty neat as well.
  8. Promoting units to *5 using Coins is too farfetched.
  9. Anything involving past or current banners is too farfetched.
  10. Using Sacred Coins to level up Sacred Seals is actually pretty reasonable considering most of the seals have a "1".

1 is the best choice but 10 is the most probable. Everything in between is anywhere between unlikely and nonsensical.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  1. Changing natures is ideal, seasonal units you can only get once can really suck if you get stuck with a bad nature.
  2. Buying Seals is alright but can be dicey. If you have the seal then the coins become worthless, if you don't have the seal and they swap in and out you can potentially miss out on limited seals depending on what they do.
  3. Fusion is too out there to consider.
  4. Anything that makes Arena Assault easier basically makes them worthless too because the top players will still be the top players and the feathers you get won't increase regardless.
  5. The idea of a store is nice but ultimately changes nothing as well. Buying stamina potions, Light Blessings, Badges etc is a cool idea, but once you've been playing for even a month or two and become a better player, those things pile up on their own and you don't really need more (Light Blessings are cool, but all the hardest modes disable them!).
  6. The idea of *6 Units makes me want to barf.
  7. Leveling up skills without needing the units (IE. QR3 and LnD3) is pretty neat as well.
  8. Promoting units to *5 using Coins is too farfetched.
  9. Anything involving past or current banners is too farfetched.
  10. Using Sacred Coins to level up Sacred Seals is actually pretty reasonable considering most of the seals have a "1".

1 is the best choice but 10 is the most probable. Everything in between is anywhere between unlikely and nonsensical.

I think the "1" is just to denote that it is the weakest form of that skill. However, Hardy Bearing also has it despite being the only one of its kind so it's possible.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think the "1" is just to denote that it is the weakest form of that skill. However, Hardy Bearing also has it despite being the only one of its kind so it's possible.

Maybe, but the 1 is unnecessary if the skill will never be leveled.  You can tell that it's the level 1 version of a skill just by it's effect alone. 

Just now, Zeo said:

Maybe, but the 1 is unnecessary if the skill will never be leveled.  You can tell that it's the level 1 version of a skill just by it's effect alone. 

Some people really need training wheels (and are too lazy to read the description).

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Some people really need training wheels (and are too lazy to read the description).

On that we agree, but I wouldn't omit a likely new function just because people act like they can't read.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Allow you to access past banners/GHBs. I think a lot of people would missed them or had little/no success with things like say, the Spring banner or the Xander fight would love to get another chance instead of waiting it out.

There's no way IS is letting players access past banners. The point of those banners is that they are limited editions. Make them accessible via Sacred Coins, then those banners lose their purpose.

45 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not just Hardy Bearing, but also the Squad Ace skills. Makes no sense to have a Squad Ace A 1 unless there's going to be a Squad Ace A 2.