Sacred Coins

Lushen

These were also mentioned in the broadcast, but it's not getting any attention.  

Spoiler

what.thumb.png.7c8f71dcf5a996a286496b3f9e0f1323.png

the.thumb.png.112ca0abafcf94efd2f94c6fd286831d.png

The coins could be another way to + units or change natures, it could be a way to get more stamina potions or dueling swords, or it could be how we get our new items.  Or, perhaps the name "Sacred Coins" has something to do with "Sacred Seals".  Personally, I don't think it's how we'll get the new arena usable items because it would seem a little weird to get rewards that help you get more of the same reward and feathers.  Also, notice how all top 5 are getting their own tier of rewards, meaning most of us will get well under 2,500 feathers.  The coins can't possibly be just for the new items, feathers wouldn't justify introducing a new currency that's only used to...get more of that same currency with ~1,000 feathers...

What the hell are these for?  

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only possibilities I can think of are:

- 6 star system (though I seriously hope it's implemented well if that's the case) or making units 40+

- Getting more things like Light's Blessings, Stamina Potions, Dueling Swords, etc.

- Buying more Sacred Seals as you mentioned.

Otherwise, I'm as blank on it as you. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe they'll open up a shop where you can buy characters. That'd be cool if they did like a Clash Royale thing. Where three different characters show up every day. 1 3-Star, 1 4-Star, and 1 5-Star. Obviously higher the rarity, the more the character will cost.

I hope that's what it is.

I was expecting they might just be to buy more arena assault gear. All the other ideas feel a bit too generous to really happen, but it'd be cool if any do.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I was expecting they might just be to buy more arena assault gear. All the other ideas feel a bit too generous to really happen, but it'd be cool if any do.

My only issue with this is anyone under the top 4 will get under 2,500 feathers.  Most likely, anyone outside the top 10 will get very few feathers.  This arena mode is not very appealing in terms of feather rewards unless you manage to get in the top 5 so if all the sacred coins do is let you get the new arena assault gear, it won't really be worth investing in.  Also, considering this is only meant for the best FEH players, I imagine the reward will be something they don't want everyone to have easy access to. 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

Maybe you'll use these to pay for changing the nature of a character? I'd prefer that over six stars, for sure.

This is what I'm crossing my fingers for.  The current system is just dumb.  You have a 5% chance of getting the nature you want.  With 5* units, this means not only do you have a 3% chance of getting one, but you have a 5% chance of that one being the exact one you want.  In other words, .15% chance of getting the unit you want.  This works for pokemon where you can soft reset or find a unit every 30 seconds, but not this game.

Now, economically speaking this would make sense because it would force users to keep pulling for units they already have.  However, people are already going to do this because to use that unit competitively you need +10 units.  And it just sucks to pull a unit you really wanted and find out his nature makes him worthless.  

Edited by Lushen

Sacred Seal shop sounds pretty cool. But once you run out of seals to buy, they'd be useless.

So I'm hoping they can also be used to get additional merge levels on your units (to make Grand Hero Battle characters and the Askr trio viable in the high Arena).

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sacred Seal shop sounds pretty cool. But once you run out of seals to buy, they'd be useless.

So I'm hoping they can also be used to get additional merge levels on your units (to make Grand Hero Battle characters and the Askr trio viable in the high Arena).

Would also be very good for characters that have good skills. I'd like to merge up my Hectors, but that would mean giving up on DC fodder. They could ask for a certain amount of Ancient Coins + the amount of feathers usually required to promote a unit to that star ranking. 

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not necessarily! Don't you get feathers instead when you get a duplicate seal? After you buy all the seals, you're buying feathers!

My mind jumped to "special 6* promotion" while watching that section, if only because the other thread made me paranoid.  I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Merge levels would be nice, and a potentially cheaper alternative than feather dumps. 

I doubt they will ever implement a system to change a character's nature.  It's an extra source of income from the vocal minority willing to continue spending orbs and money for better nature'd characters, while the vast majority of the player base either don't know it exists, or don't care. 

Edited by DLNarshen

1 minute ago, DLNarshen said:

I doubt they will ever implement a system to change a character's nature.  It's an extra source of income from the vocal minority willing to continue spending orbs and money for better nature'd characters, while the vast majority of the player base either don't know it exists, or don't care. 

I was imagining it being a reroll system, not a guarantee.  And you'd be stuck with whatever nature you roll whether you want to go back or not.  And unlike rolling for a nature with orbs, you wouldn't get to merge bad IV units or get other units, you could get nothing.  Finally, given we only get sacred coins every season and it looks like most of us will get a very small amount, you'd have to use them very wisely.  

I'm rooting for this and the merge items because all our seasonal characters have no way of changing natures or +ing after the seasons over.  Additionally, changing natures would put GHB characters on equal footing because they would get access to natures and merging.  

I don't think everyone knows about or cares about merging, but considering this whole arena is for experienced veterans, I think those who participate will know what they're doing.

41 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

If it's a way to 6 star, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff

Make sure to check the cord advance, don't want it to break as you're plummeting.

Hopefully for everyone six stars if they become a thing turn out to be like SoV's Overclasses, makes things easier, but good strategy can circumvent the need for them.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

My only issue with this is anyone under the top 4 will get under 2,500 feathers.  Most likely, anyone outside the top 10 will get very few feathers.  This arena mode is not very appealing in terms of feather rewards unless you manage to get in the top 5 so if all the sacred coins do is let you get the new arena assault gear, it won't really be worth investing in.  Also, considering this is only meant for the best FEH players, I imagine the reward will be something they don't want everyone to have easy access to. 

I don't like it either. It seems like a bad mode for non-whales and was the only thing announced in the stream I didn't care for. Having one or two high end teams for arena is hard enough, but a whole bunch of them is pretty much not happening for people who haven't spent a lot of money. (even with all the 5*'s I have I can't make enough worthwhile teams to use for every battle)

I really don't know what it could be, but the suggestions so far seem either like something they wouldn't do (nature rerolls would cost them money from whales, same with merges, and 6 stars are way too early to possibly be a thing) or stuff that wouldn't matter much to the high end/whale players that would primarily do well in the mode(free 3-4* characters). And like Ice said, a seal shop could be exhausted of rewards pretty quickly.

If it were to buy more assault gear for the mode, I was thinking that might be something lower end players would want so they could beat teams easier, and higher end people would want to make hitting top ranks easier. The mode's just kinda in a weird spot so it's hard to guess.

But hey I'd love if it were nature rerolls, so I'm all for it if they actually did that.

Edited by Alkaid

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not necessarily! Don't you get feathers instead when you get a duplicate seal? After you buy all the seals, you're buying feathers!

That's actually pretty great!

PLEASE IS

LET THIS BE TRUE 

Though even the best of the best are around 1000 people still, possibly there'll still be tiers implemented. In the stream the 3 options all show opponents in Tier 1 which is very unlikely in an ideal scenario. Of couse this could be for testing purposes but I see no reason for IS not to have any tiering process in an arena mode. The rewards shown are probably only for Tier 1, for now.

What they could buy are probably items as stated. My guess is that the units you can buy are old GHB units since they're some of the hardest units to come by if you want a fully merged one. Probably 1 or 2 exclusive seals and then 1-time reruns for a couple of others. IS isn't going to give anyone feathers that easily.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

It's a measly 300.

@Oboro! @Anacybele This. It's the equivalent of sending home a 4-star unit. Players earning a lot of Sacred Coins are likely veterans and whales, and 300 feathers is pretty pathetic for work put into Arena Assault, considering 6,400 feathers per season of Arena is the norm for players who are already up there.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

@Oboro! @Anacybele This. It's the equivalent of sending home a 4-star unit. Players earning a lot of Sacred Coins are likely veterans and whales, and 300 feathers is pretty pathetic for work put into Arena Assault, considering 6,400 feathers per season of Arena is the norm for players who are already up there.

I'll take 300 if it's more than the 5 you get from friends LOL

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's a measly 300.

300>0

Like do you math!?!??

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

300 feathers per seal doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Especially if there are a lot of seals in the shop to buy. You could end up buying a couple thousand feathers or maybe a few thousand every time you use the coins.

12 minutes ago, Galactaray said:

Though even the best of the best are around 1000 people still, possibly there'll still be tiers implemented. In the stream the 3 options all show opponents in Tier 1 which is very unlikely in an ideal scenario. Of couse this could be for testing purposes but I see no reason for IS not to have any tiering process in an arena mode. The rewards shown are probably only for Tier 1, for now.

What they could buy are probably items as stated. My guess is that the units you can buy are old GHB units since they're some of the hardest units to come by if you want a fully merged one. Probably 1 or 2 exclusive seals and then 1-time reruns for a couple of others. IS isn't going to give anyone feathers that easily.

Good point, you really calmed me down.  I just re-watched the stream and realized the very bottom bonus is for rank 11.  I freaked out thinking they actually implemented this system for the top 11 whales but you're probably right, it's just for testing.  So we really have no idea how the ranks will be, my previous statements about the top 5 earning <2,500 feathers are probably incorrect.

Old GHB could solve the issue of more GHBs causing the time between repeats to be longer, but it begs the question, why complete the GHB in the first place if you can just buy them later?

Edited by Lushen

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

300 feathers per seal doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Especially if there are a lot of seals in the shop to buy. You could end up buying a couple thousand feathers or maybe a few thousand every time you use the coins.

I'd wager a top scorer would earn enough to buy maybe one new seal every two weeks or so, which is a paltry number of feathers once you've exhausted the stock of seals.

When implementing a new resource, you have to make sure there's a constant supply of ways to use up said resource in a manner that the player finds meaningful; otherwise, you'll end up with veteran players forming massive stockpiles of the resource and not ever having to play the game modes that earn you the resource ever again.

A shop for seals is going to run out without constant updates, but this would easily make newer and more casual players feel like they are being left behind if new content is attempting to keep up with veterans. Furthermore, if this shop is the only sink for this resource and it does get constant updates, you can bet that veterans will end up stockpiling for the next update rather than spend on feathers.

tl;dr: It's a bad experience for players if you introduce a new resource, but don't provide a sink that players find worth dumping the resource into.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd wager a top scorer would earn enough to buy maybe one new seal every two weeks or so, which is a paltry number of feathers once you've exhausted the stock of seals.

When implementing a new resource, you have to make sure there's a constant supply of ways to use up said resource in a manner that the player finds meaningful; otherwise, you'll end up with veteran players forming massive stockpiles of the resource and not ever having to play the game modes that earn you the resource ever again.

A shop for seals is going to run out without constant updates, but this would easily make newer and more casual players feel like they are being left behind if new content is attempting to keep up with veterans. Furthermore, if this shop is the only sink for this resource and it does get constant updates, you can bet that veterans will end up stockpiling for the next update rather than spend on feathers.

tl;dr: It's a bad experience for players if you introduce a new resource, but don't provide a sink that players find worth dumping the resource into.

Yes, but feathers always have a use, and that's upgrading units. So I'm confused at what exactly you mean.