Preparation for Arena Assault

Clogon

Since we can only use a unit once, we will need multiple counters to specific threats since the same is not applied to the enemy teams (judging by normal Assault mode). Right now, I am trying to train up 7 counters to Reinhardt. I wanna be prepared to face up to 7 merged Reinhardt. It is not going well. :(

So far I have:

Julia (-def/+res Fury build)

S!Camilla (-res/+def TA Raven)

Fae (-res/+hp lightning breath)

My 4* Nino is -hp/+spd and cannot survive Hone Cav Rein, even with Fury and my 4* Cecilia (-hp/+atk) is basically in the same boat... My -res/+atk Hector can survive depending on Rein's merges. Overall if I face 7 +5 Reins in a row, I am mostly fucked.

I also hope I don't see too many Firesweep B!Cordellias with dancers.

What are you guys doing to prepare for it?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickly made a list of my capable units and started to arrange them into balanced teams. They're not all 5*, but I have 28, though a few needed some work (oh Seliph). Only thing that really concerns me is that I only have 6 suitable greens, so at least one of my teams might end up in an even worse position against Effie or Nowi than Reinhardt.

It'll be interesting to see how they line up your opponents. In normal Arena, if you intentionally include an underleveled/underskilled/unarmed character, you might into some similarly unbalanced teams that your hardier units could potentially win alone. I suppose that it might be possible to use a weaker unit to skew the match-ups, perhaps at a slight reward drop. Kind of a gamble though.

Edited by Johann

I honestly have no idea how I'll be able to do this. You'll need 28 different units total. I don't even have that many leveled up to 40, I think. I know I don't have that many 5 star units.

EDIT: Okay, so I barely have more than 28 units leveled to 40. But that's still won't help much since only like half of them are 5 star.

Edited by Anacybele

Ohhh...

This doesn't bode well. Lots of people, I imagine, struggle to put together two Reinhardt counters, nevermind seven. Hopefully, the items that we get to bring along are strong enough to compensate or that there's some other feature that we'll learn about when it launches. I'm certain that IS should have arena data and that that scenario has crossed their minds. 

Maybe the difficulty ramps up instead of all being automatically set to advanced. And the teams that are matched against you will vary wildly if not all of your teams are 5*, fully skilled and/or merged. And even just three matches on 690+ difficulty is pretty draining. Seven will be an ordeal. 

I guess I'll focus first on building up 7 different answers to Reinhardt. I have that many leveled up, but not all 5 star or with a full skill loadout. So far its

5* Anna w/Desperation and Defiant Atk

5* Narcian with nothing. his base kit is enough for luring and deleting blues in weird areas due to flying.

5* Hawkeye, nothing special on him, but he's got res and probably won't get quadded

5* Titania with hone cav

For the other three I may just have to get creative and hope the map doesn't screw me over. 

I actually have exactly 28 Lv 40 5*s, but most aren't given a good build or have multiple empty skill slots. My (probably) ready units include: Hinoka, Palla, Spring Cami, Catria, Nowi, Ninian, Julia, Ephraim, Lukas, Mae, Linde, Marth, and Legion.

Edited by KongDude

You guys really think you're going to see Reinhardt in all seven battles? The chances of that seem pretty low to me, regardless of tier... Also, he's not the only deadly opponent. What about Bride Cordelia? Or Nino?

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I honestly have no idea how I'll be able to do this. You'll need 28 different units total. I don't even have that many leveled up to 40, I think. I know I don't have that many 5 star units.

EDIT: Okay, so I barely have more than 28 units leveled to 40. But that's still won't help much since only like half of them are 5 star.

I hear ya, I just barely had exactly 28. The other tricky thing is that they might need to be well-prep'd with skills, so you end up being like "alright well... what's good for Tobin?". The extra orbs, upcoming banners, 3*/4* chance swapping, and free summons should help though.

Just the other day, I gathered the 8 or so Cecilias I had and promoted/merged them all at 4*, so maybe with the changes, it'll be easier to pull something like that off.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I hear ya, I just barely had exactly 28. The other tricky thing is that they might need to be well-prep'd with skills, so you end up being like "alright well... what's good for Tobin?". The extra orbs, upcoming banners, 3*/4* chance swapping, and free summons should help though.

Just the other day, I gathered the 8 or so Cecilias I had and promoted/merged them all at 4*, so maybe with the changes, it'll be easier to pull something like that off.

Oh yeah, true that. Though I also hope that the banners at the time are ones I won't mind pulling from.

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

3 copy of Olivia

If it's like Squad Assault, using Olivia in one team will mean being unable to use her in any others.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You guys really think you're going to see Reinhardt in all seven battles? The chances of that seem pretty low to me, regardless of tier... Also, he's not the only deadly opponent. What about Bride Cordelia? Or Nino?

It's not about expecting him in every battle, it's about being aware that any battle could have him, and always being ready in case he shows up He's not the only big threat, but he's the one a lot of people are most scared of.

That said, items will certainly offer different ways around tricky situations.

If I get all the new summer units I'll have 28 eligible units exactly.  xD

Though making 7 teams out of only 28 units will be tough. I've only got like 3 level 40 4*s so that doesn't help much.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not about expecting him in every battle, it's about being aware that any battle could have him, and always being ready in case he shows up He's not the only big threat, but he's the one a lot of people are most scared of.

That said, items will certainly offer different ways around tricky situations.

Thinking about the items too. I'd wager that over time, we'd get pretty used to knowing which teams we want to use certain items on (since we can only pick 3 items and they can't be the same, if I recall from the video). The Boots could probably be a great way to handle Reinhardt in particular.

Edited by Johann

36 minutes ago, JSND said:

3 copy of Olivia

It has similar rules to Squad Assault - no using duplicates on the same team and on the same run. Basically, use the best copy of that hero you have and can fit in the team. 28 unique heroes required for a full 7-map run.

One thing for sure - I really hope that I DON'T have to use a bonus hero on EVERY battle in a run since that basically means that 7 different bonus heroes would have to be used, teams would have to accommodate for them, and more than one of them are focus summons, which costs orbs, in order to get the best score.

Also: Fire Emblem Heroes... MELEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Edited by Roflolxp54

Gosh...I have exactly 28 unique 5* units. But the vast majority are still vanilla and some of them just suck (I'm looking at you Karel). It's going to be hard to win 7-battles since I don't have 7 nukes. I think the hardest part will be the lack of good mages or ranged in general. And say goodbye to your streak if you run into horse emblem.

Er... I'll think of something when the time comes, as of now I have:

• Horses: Eldigan, Reinhardt, Priscilla, Cecilia (she's 4*, I'll need to promote her soon)
  • Fliers: Minerva, Caeda, Hinoka, Catria (if I get F!S!Corrin I'll change her)
  • Infantry 1: Nino, Olivia, Ike, Nowi
  • Infantry 2: Lukas, B!Caeda, Lucina, B!Lyn (I'm starting to run out of usable units)
  • Infantry 3 (?): Y!Tiki, Alm, Catria (?), Saber
  • Untrained 5*: M!Marth, Tobin, Luke
  • Armors (Everyone but Hector is untrained and has 0 SI): Hector, Effie (future +6), Zephiel, Sheena.

Hmm... I think as it is I'm quite screwed for Arena Assault hehehee.....plz help me.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is the potential for 7 Reinhardts. Nino is much easier to handle thanks to DC Reds (Ike, Ryoma, Xander), Lightning Breath Tiki's, Kagero, and G Tomebreaker mages. As long as it is not Firesweep Cordelia, she is countered by even more units thanks to Raven tome and being colourless (Hector, Camus and all other Dragons join the fray). Also unlike Reinhardt, these 2 are glass cannon and have no access to movement buffs.

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

But the vast majority are still vanilla and some of them just suck.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Hmm... I think as it is I'm quite screwed for Arena Assault hehehee.....plz help me.

I think most of us are in this boat. I am a dolphin so I have quite a bit of 5* but they are mostly lv1 vanilla or healers. I had to go through 4 5* healers (none of them B!Lyn) to get my -ATK B!Cordelia. :(

Let's see...

1. Main Team - Ephraim, Nino, Ryoma, +Extra || Either Arena Bonus, Olivia, or Azama, but anyone can technically go here
2. Makeshift Flier Emblem - Michalis, Clair, Spring!Camilla (-SPD), 4* Palla || All run Goad Fliers save for Clair who just runs Spur SPD 3. The only one here that is really outfitted is Michalis. If only I had the SI and feathers to promote my +ATK Cherche, train up a proper Palla, and get my hands on a F!Corrin... Then there is also Valter to think about as well when he releases...
3. Makeshift Horse Emblem - Xander, Olwen, Camus, 4* Cain || Both Camus and Cain are in training and Olwen really needs help with her subpar ATK with Life & Death as well as a better nature.

Otherwise, I just use some randoms from my 5* list with optimized 4* heroes and see what makes a decent team. They are usually headed by either Alfonse or Sharena, Anna is still a 4* and I have not built her properly yet due to lack of SI fodder.
Honestly though, I'm not to worried about getting the most efficient rewards for my time anymore, so I do not mind being somewhat unoptimized. Precious Orbs that I originally would go out of my way for are now mostly just a bonus when I get them.

I still don't have my phone back to check for certain, but I'm not liking my odds. I imagine I'll be exploiting Linde and Nino's being-completely-OP to make dud teams as well as pulling all the stops like Lilina and the vanity Florina.

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Gosh...I have exactly 28 unique 5* units. But the vast majority are still vanilla and some of them just suck (I'm looking at you Karel). It's going to be hard to win 7-battles since I don't have 7 nukes. I think the hardest part will be the lack of good mages or ranged in general. And say goodbye to your streak if you run into horse emblem.

Pretty much same here. I have enough 5* units in total but only like half are good and been worked on. The rest are vanilla and/or just suck as units.

I'm honestly pretty scared for this. I have enough lvl 40 units for this, but not enough 5 star units, let alone fully build ones...

If it's like Squad Assault and we get to see the enemy team before picking a new team it should be doable, but otherwise I'm not sure I'll be able to clear this.

I need more Olwens.

Here are seven teams I came up with. I think I will use my best teams last.

Delthea, Ryoma, Hector, Nowi

Celica, Linde, Julia, Eirika

NS!Corrin, Hinoka, Cherche (If only I had SF!Camilla!), Palla

Leo, Camus, Cordelia, Setsuna

Ursula, Eldigan, Azura, Nino

Olwen, Cecilia, Olivia, Takumi

Reinhardt, Xander, Ninian, B!Cordelia

Edited by XRay

Screw 5*, I'm throwing in anyone who'll work.  I have Flier/Armor/Horse Emblem ready, with the material for two Horse Emblem teams (Priscilla/Luke/Titania/Ursula for one team and Clarine/Gunter/Leo/Sully for the other one. . .but I need to inherit a bunch of skills).  That leaves three teams. . .and I think I can do this.

Swords: Lucina/Ryoma/Alm/Roy
Axes: Camilla/Summer Tiki/Raven/maybe Barst
Lances: Azura/Ephraim/random fliers
Red tomes: Raigh, maybe Lilina
Green tome: Robin
Blue tome: Robin, maybe some random Odin, Mae
Colorless: Jakob/Leon/tons of staffbots

I should be able to pull something out of somewhere, though Julia would be a welcome addition to my roster!