Preparation for Arena Assault

Clogon

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 4,692 from a 7 win advanced streak on my first attempt. I did lose 2 units in 1 match, though. Nasty flier team and I had already used up what would have countered it best. My Takumi and 3* Olivia didn't make it out alive of that one, but it was a victory. The matches were all in about the 690-695 range. (I didn't lead with Hector + Ike in my team like usual to boost points so I could have them available for later maps, so I lost a little in point value)

Considering I didn't have any items to use I don't feel too bad, at least.

I made a score of 4868, I found the run interesting because it made me realise that alot of my units are underutilised. I used an Abel that I completely forgot I had.

Looking forward to seeing what the Sacred Coins do.

I only have 18 unique 5* units, and even if I trained up all of my decent 4* units I'd have barely 26 to use in AA...though my idea of "decent" means a good boon/bane + good stats. I could train up a bunch of whatever units just to fill team slots, I suppose, but I'm not sure how much that would help. I've hardly promoted anyone because I'm low on feathers thanks to missing the last two Tempest Trials and ignoring all but two or three of the gauntlets. Eh, I'll just finish leveling the rest of my good units and see how far I can get on beginner.

~4372 is my score so far after two attempts. Do we lose our AA items with a new Arena season? I'm sure they would mention that if they did. If not, then maybe grinding items on intentionally easy challenges is the way to go before tackling a super high score.

Got this idea from other board and i thought i might aswell share. 

Infinite assault farming ~ 

1. Put 1 lv 40 4* or 5 * in 1st fight. Win 1v1 on easy mode 

2. Ur 2nd round to 7th round on easy mode only have 1 enemy :D.so u can win quick 

:D infinite farms ~ 

After being worried about this, I managed to get a 7-Advanced win streak on my first attempt. I led with my regular Arena team, which probably made it easier (Lv. 26 3* Anna lol), but I'm still pleased.

I did have a few deaths, though. I only have so many counters for Hector, and I'd've been screwed if I'd run into any of the Vantage/Bonfire variety. Also, Reinhardt didn't show up at all, thank goodness.

I'm probably going to do with this what I used to do with regular Arena - get a lazy 7-win streak each week, then chill.

Is it likely that in the future there will be a restriction on how many items we can hoard? Or that items will be unlocked when a certain threshold is obtained? Because currently the system could use some tweaking regarding items. But I like the mode for not always relying on by go to units.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I got a 7 win streak, giving me a score of 4553.  I think there were 2-3 Deaths in there.  I'm going to have to really deck out some more units with SI.  I've got a few teams that work well, but towards the end, I was just throwing units together.  I'm rank 9667 right now, and wow, there's almost 10,000 people with 7 decent teams right now.  I guess it might be easier with items, but I'm not really sure how those work yet.  Can you just use them whenever, or do you have to pick them beforehand, and they go to waste, if you don't use them?

Is this going to be the Arena Assault Thread, or is there going to be a new thread, since this is "preparing"?

4,314 for me. My scores were around 674 to 682 but I lost I think 3 or 4 units alltogether and I didn't use any items. It can get pretty rough on advanced runs once your counters run out. This mode made me realize just how many blues are running around everywhere and how few greens I have. Nino, Soren, Cherche, Frederick (but Frederick is almost useless sadly) once those run out if I see a strong blue I'm in trouble unless I go to him first. I have about 6 items after failing the mode multiple times. I think I'm going to take above poster advice and farm beginner for items and then just choose wisely what to utilize for each run. I'm lightning charming horse emblem. That team can die in a fire.

Going to try again at a later date but it's also taught me that I have quite a few heavy hitters but I'm still undermanned. Need to build up that Raven Sophia, make an additional green, up my mage count, get a blue dancer. I have a long ways to go still looks like. It's exciting though.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I got a 7 win streak, giving me a score of 4553.  I think there were 2-3 Deaths in there.  I'm going to have to really deck out some more units with SI.  I've got a few teams that work well, but towards the end, I was just throwing units together.  I'm rank 9667 right now, and wow, there's almost 10,000 people with 7 decent teams right now.  I guess it might be easier with items, but I'm not really sure how those work yet.  Can you just use them whenever, or do you have to pick them beforehand, and they go to waste, if you don't use them?

Is this going to be the Arena Assault Thread, or is there going to be a new thread, since this is "preparing"?

I have 2 Strong Emblem Teams (Flier nukers and Horse Emblem Nukers with Distant Counter mixed in), i use those for when I am facing tough Enemys, usually other Emblem units.

I have a Bride Cordelia with Brave Bow and a Dancer Team that takes care of any other Flier Emblem
Some Bow Units (Takumi, Faye etc) that come in handy when facing another Flier Emblem, 3 remaining Archers can take care of them
Another very Weaker Horse Emblem Team if I am facing many red units/Horse Emblem Ursula, Berkut, Leo +Reinhardts Sister (forgot the Name)
And then there is the Infantery Pulse Team that takes care of Armor Emblems if needed with their Specials Ready to go
+ a Kagero Team (Kagero, Azura, Lyn and Hawkeye) to take out all Infantery only Teams

best run i managed was a 2 death run, but i was faulty myself i mispositioned ...

Usually any Team has at least 1 strong unit that can take advantage of the Enemys Multiple Weakness (read Archer against Flier, Kagero against Infantery etc)

Edited by Hilda

Managed to do a complete 7 battle arena assault on my first time (meaning no items). Not that there weren't sacrifices involved. I'm honestly surprised I even pulled that off. Guess I got lucky.

There were also a lot of close calls. Especially on my last battle when I ran out of 5 star units. 4* Effie came to the rescue! (I should really promote her someday...)

You guys are so much luckier than I am. Maybe it's the tier difference.

I have been constantly running into Blue mages (mostly Reinhardt). On one of my runs, after exhausting all my Reinhardt counters, my last battle gave me S!Corrin, Azura, Olwen and Rein! Lost 2 units. :(

I need more Roy for TA fodder.

Where are these teams coming from?  I imagine it can't be from Assault, since I saw a team with two Hectors, and you'd think normal Arena teams would have more bonus characters.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

You guys are so much luckier than I am. Maybe it's the tier difference.

I have been constantly running into Blue mages (mostly Reinhardt). On one of my runs, after exhausting all my Reinhardt counters, my last battle gave me S!Corrin, Azura, Olwen and Rein! Lost 2 units. :(

I need more Roy for TA fodder.

I somehow ran into only 3 Reinhardts total in 2 7 streak runs. Meanwhile the number of S Corrin's I saw was pretty numerous.. and usually on fully decked out flier teams.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Where are these teams coming from?  I imagine it can't be from Assault, since I saw a team with two Hectors, and you'd think normal Arena teams would have more bonus characters.

I've run into a ton of Annas and S Corrins, so it still feels like it's normal arena defense teams to me. But of course I could be wrong.

Well, I've sorta got a few teams @Oboro! @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos @Ice Dragon

1: Arena Team Classic: Takumi, Julia, Abel, Baby Tiki

2: Horse Emblem: Titania, Ursula, Xander, Elise

3: Horse Emblem 2: Electric Boogaloo: Leo, Cecilia, Camus, Eldigan

4: Flyer Emblem: SCorrin, SCamilla, Hinoka, Palla

5: Tempest Trial Team: Reinhardt, Alm, Boey (or Hector, since I saw a Takumi lead), Azura

6: Nino and friends: Bridelia, Nino, Eirika, Ninian

7: I'm running out of units: Ike, Olwen, SRobin, Minerva

On 8/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, Rezzy said:

Not sure why, but anecdotally speaking, I'd say at least a third of the teams I see don't have a bonus unit in them.

Anyway, this was probably the most unexpected match-up I've seen:

Spoiler

Fortunately, they were using a pretty poor skill selection, mostly their native skills.

Edited by Johann

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ike, Olwen, SRobin, Minerva

This smells fishy

Olwen on her own seems.... eh since her attack is..... eh

Can you replace her with one of those 70 Nowis you have? I feel like that works better 

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Not sure why, but anecdotally speaking, I'd say at least a third of the teams I see don't have a bonus unit in them.

Anyway, this was probably the most unexpected match-up I've seen:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2017-08-08-03-49-30.thumb.png.a88f924d1696616ffa6742b1edfb1d33.png

Fortunately, they were using a pretty poor skill selection, mostly their native skills.

The randomization of Arena Assault is different than normal arena. Because you cannot face the same opponent twice per run, you face different opponents than you would otherwise, unlike Complete Random where you can face the same people multiple times which causes many people to not get any Arena defenses.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

This smells fishy

Olwen on her own seems.... eh since her attack is..... eh

Can you replace her with one of those 70 Nowis you have? I feel like that works better 

My Nowis are all level 1.  Olwen might go well when I put together my 3rd horse team.  She could probably pull off Blarblade pretty well, but she's rocking her default skills for now, minus the Moonbow she got when SI became a thing.  She was basically a warm body filling a spot and Reposition.  She did take out Eliwood in her match, though.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

My Nowis are all level 1

I'm extremely dissapointed

Do you have a built Male Robin?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Olwen might go well when I put together my 3rd horse team.  She could probably pull off Blarblade pretty well, but she's rocking her default skills for now, minus the Moonbow she got when SI became a thing.  She was basically a warm body filling a spot and Reposition.  She did take out Eliwood in her match, though.

Yeah I think you might be better off with someone else if it's just default skills heh

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I'm extremely dissapointed

Do you have a built Male Robin?

Yeah I think you might be better off with someone else if it's just default skills heh

I wouldn't be a responsible adult, if I sent a bunch of little girls into combat.

I've got Robin XY, but he's 4*.  I tried to use my 5*s, with a few exceptions, so my score's decent.  Robin might get the 5* treatment eventually, but I've got other candidates.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't be a responsible adult, if I sent a bunch of little girls into combat.

I've got Robin XY, but he's 4*.  I tried to use my 5*s, with a few exceptions, so my score's decent.  Robin might get the 5* treatment eventually, but I've got other candidates.

I'm sure Nowi has seen worse things in her years than you have, and she's not even a Doctor ;)

Well until then, I think what you have is great.

I find it crazy that you have 2 horse emblem teams though XD