Preparation for Arena Assault

Clogon

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I'm sure Nowi has seen worse things in her years than you have, and she's not even a Doctor ;)

Well until then, I think what you have is great.

I find it crazy that you have 2 horse emblem teams though XD

There've been enough freebie horsies for a team on their own.  You could run Ursula, Cecilia, Camus, Xander completely F2P.  There's also Gunter and Berkut, but they're not as great.

I'm actually training up an Eliwood at the moment, too.  I guess Eliwood, Olwen, Frederick, +Someone else could be my third string Horse Emblem team.  I've got Mathilda as 5*, so maybe her.  I don't have Frederick at 5*, but I've gotten so many of him sitting on my bench right now that at least one them's bound to have a decent nature.  For the longest time, I only had like one Frederick, who was -Atk, but now he won't leave me alone.  I guess CLive will be a freebie 5*, but his stats don't look that great, and his weapon's just a Silver Lance.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got deathless Arena Assault, Score: 4852

Teams:

Spoiler

1. Lyn, Alfonse, Camus, Cecilia

2. Xander, Reinhardt, Clarine(*4 Ward Cav, Rehab), Narcian(*4)

3. Leo, Elise, Ursula(4* Blade, R Tome Breaker), Sheena(*4 Wary Fighter)

4. Est, Palla, Summer Corrin, Michalis

5. Hector, Effie, Olivia(*4 Ruby Sword, Fury 2, WOM 3), Setsuna

6. Masked "Marth", Spring Lucina, Anna, Jaffar

7. Marth, Sharena, Kagero, F! Robin(*4 Darting Blow) 

That was hard but I did it my Weakest Team comp was Leo, Elise, Ursula(*4 Blade), and Sheena this team needs to be revised... the I almost lost during it once but was saved by using Boots and Special Blade at once to let me one round Zephiel with Sharena (Swordbreaker 3) and F! Robin.

Deathless Arena Score: 4846 for now.

Edited by Locke087

Another form of preparation would be hoarding items, which can be easily done by sending a single level 40 5* as your first team, then picking only beginner matches. This will match you against single level 40 unit teams, allowing you to breeze through 7 matches while satisfying the level 35+ rule

Like so:

Edited by Korath88

13 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Got deathless Arena Assault, Score: 4852

Teams:

Hide contents

1. Lyn, Alfonse, Camus, Cecilia

2. Xander, Reinhardt, Clarine(*4 Ward Cav, Rehab), Narcian(*4)

3. Leo, Elise, Ursula(4* Blade, R Tome Breaker), Sheena(*4 Wary Fighter)

4. Est, Palla, Summer Corrin, Michalis

5. Hector, Effie, Olivia(*4 Ruby Sword, Fury 2, WOM 3), Setsuna

6. Masked "Marth", Spring Lucina, Anna, Jaffar

7. Marth, Sharena, Kagero, F! Robin(*4 Darting Blow) 

That was hard but I did it my Weakest Team comp was Leo, Elise, Ursula(*4 Blade), and Sheena this team needs to be revised... the I almost lost during it once but was saved by using Boots and Special Blade at once to let me one round Zephiel with Sharena (Swordbreaker 3) and F! Robin.

Deathless Arena Score: 4846 for now.

How does using items work?  Do you have to select them before the match, and if you don't use them, they're gone, or can you bring them up and use them any time you want?

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Another form of preparation would be hoarding items, which can be easily done by sending a single level 40 5* as your first team, then picking only beginner matches. This will match you against single level 40 unit teams, allowing you to breeze through 7 matches while satisfying the level 35+ rule

Like so:

IMG_4635.PNG

You're beautiful <3

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Like so:

IMG_4635.PNG

I wonder how long before they patch that out.  It seems cheesier than mouse poop.

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Like so:

IMG_4635.PNG

Does every match after the first have to be just one unit as well?

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There've been enough freebie horsies for a team on their own.  You could run Ursula, Cecilia, Camus, Xander completely F2P.  There's also Gunter and Berkut, but they're not as great.

Gunter and Berkut come with their own Cav buffs. Plus Clive is on the horizon, but besides hit and run, Clive appears to have no noteworthy skills and just a silver lance+ as his weapon, so I'm not expecting much. Plus he's also blue, and there's plenty both free and not free blue horses out there than the other colors. Seriously, almost double the amount of red horses, and three times the amount of green horses. Stahl gets a bad rep as "Worse Xander" with the more balanced stat spread and bad base skills, but coming with a gem weapon will at least establish a particular role for him on a horse team. Somebody has to delete that Nino in a single hit, and I'm pretty sure he'll do it. Barely.

So ... I'm an idiot and didn't notice that there was an option to preview your opponents.

That made picking characters so much easier. But I need more greens.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... I'm an idiot and didn't notice that there was an option to preview your opponents.

Oh, you can do that?  I must have missed that entirely somehow.

Also, darn, my best Frederick is +Atk, but -Def.  That hurts his build a bit.  I guess I'll train up him as 4* and keep an eye out for a better nature.

I like that you can test your first team's score by hitting Battle and going back. I wonder if people can use this to more precisely calculate Arena scoring.

Anyway, originally my lineup was more balanced, but I felt I should up my score a bit, so I swapped a few people around for a heavier initial team. Might cause problems in some of the match-ups, but I haven't had a need for items yet, so it can't be that big a deal.

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How does using items work?  Do you have to select them before the match, and if you don't use them, they're gone, or can you bring them up and use them any time you want?

You select 3 to take with you. They're only consumed if you actually use them. Considering the event is infinitely repeatable and always rewards you with more items, I'm sure they want you feeling comfortable to use them at anytime.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I...didn't notice this either. Derp...

Going to have to give this another run tomorrow, since people have found ways to cheese it. lol

41 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Like so:

IMG_4635.PNG

40 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

You're beautiful <3

I just did a cheese run, and I feel dirty now.

huh

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Like so:

IMG_4635.PNG

gonna have to keep this one in mind,my first run had me just deploying a team that was kinda weak so I wouldn't get annihilated.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is now a 53-way tie for first. The developers seriously fucked up their tier sizes if more than half of the top tier consists of a tie for first place.

Does this have anything concerning for the lower tiers?

4,756 this time. Deathless (Had a vanilla *5 in my group hence the lower scores). Did well but used the Lightning and Fear charms at the end for horse emblem (but no Reinhardt!). Was lucky no one had Desperation or Vantage Xander would have fallen.

Pretty content with this score I think. You mostly want to save the items for the last few battles when your units begin to wear out. My rank is 3,231. Pretty neat, let's see how that holds up over the week. Very fun mode.

Edited by Zeo

Well, after too many failed attempts, I finally managed a deathless run of 4,832, which nets a rank of 1,006. Initial team: Sharena/Marthcina/Cordelia+1/Minerva. I used one Dancer's Veil during the run, but nothing else.

Some of the scores were on the low end of what this team could get, so I could probably wrangle something a bit higher. Or maybe I'll just promote and SI the +ATK/-SPD Effie I have waiting in the wings and put her in over Sharena to boost my score and make my life even harder because goddammit I had a hard enough time with this team. Why do I hate myself? (Okay I actually love this mode because nothing else in the game has been nearly as challenging but I think I must also hate myself.)

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Where are these teams coming from?  I imagine it can't be from Assault, since I saw a team with two Hectors, and you'd think normal Arena teams would have more bonus characters.

Maybe they collected data from regular arena in the past months, and are using those teams for Assault?