Preparation for Arena Assault

Clogon

I'm flipping through dozens of these teams in Arena Assault. Surrendering because, who knows, maybe they count as wins for these players. And there's a disgusting amount of teams that lack a bonus unit. And I'm picking teams from Tiers 10 to 20. So I know it's somebody that still plays the game to change their bonus unit every so often, and is probably aware of what bonus units are. Some of you guys are really lazy about making the switch every few weeks.

Edited by Gustavos

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How does using items work?  Do you have to select them before the match, and if you don't use them, they're gone, or can you bring them up and use them any time you want?

You can select up to 3 that you can use only once during the run on any map, unused items are not spent and can be use again for your next set of runs.

Edited by Locke087

9 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

You can select up to 3 that you can use only once during the run on any map, unused items are not spent and can be use again for your next set of runs.

Thanks.

Have they datamined what Sacred Coins are supposed to do?

It looks like my new run improved my rank quite a bit, down to Rank 6340 from 10Kish.  I'm not sure how stable that will be by the end of the week, but hopefully, I'll get a deathless run sometime, as I get more units SI'd up.  Red mage is a glaring weakness I have.  I have a Celica with default skills that I could build up a bit.

Upped my AA score to 4850.  I am very satisfied with this.  Here's hoping I can stay in the top 5k.  I think that'll be my goal each week.

Arena Assault is awesome.  :wub:  It's tough but unlimited and fun, so I like it.  Took me a lot of getting used to at first!  It definitely feels harder to get a deathless streak.

I tried out 2 of the items!  Lightning Charm and Fear Charm.  They were neat.

I love getting to use all my other dudes. :]

On 8/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, Hawk King said:

I really love how this mode lets us use all of the good characters we have that normally wouldn't see the light of day because they are slightly inferior to other characters we have. I field all sorts of units like +Def/-Hp Chrom and +Hp/-Def Caeda just because they happen to be perfect counters for specific teams I happen to go up against.

Hell, I have even threw out a Lv 30 4* Arthur once.

And I found out the a +Def Lukas on a defense tile is basically invincible against all physical attackers. He was clutch for me when he tanked a Firesweep Bridella for a few turns.

Question for @Whistle @Ice Dragon and any other whales out there. Did you guys make use of any of the items or no?

I guess I would like to hear from non-whales too. What has your item usage been like?

i dotn really use it tbh cause i am a hoarder :D. Sorry for such a late reply. I am busy on my ends :D/

I'm around 6k. Life is busy and now Tempest is taking up most of my time (not stamina, but that too) that I have to play FEH so I'll likely be stuck with 2.5k feathers but oh well.

10 minutes ago, moekou said:

How exactly do the enemy levels work? I've been going in with mostly level 1 teams and a single level 35-40 unit, and noticed the enemy teams tended to do the same. But sometimes they will have 2 high level units instead.

Same as standard Arena, but with only the first team counting for matchmaking. Beginner matches you up against a team that has a slightly lower matchmaking rating than you, advanced matches you up against a team that has a slightly higher matchmaking rating than you. Level, rarity, skills, merges, and base stats all contribute to your matchmaking rating, so it's possible to be matched up against two high-level opponents if their other parameters are lower.

Ugh... I need a break. Finally got my Effie to +3. Now I just need to do the same with Zephial to +2 and Sheena to +4.

I do not think I can finish my armor team this week to fish for points.

And my score so far is 4,696. Most due to losing one unit to a Azura. Surprising I didn't encounter a Reinheart, only one horse emblem team. Without using a item. The highlight was a team of Nino, Julia, Cecilia , and Ninian. I guess the team wanted to catch, blue mages off guard. 

Any reccomendations for raising my score? I'm capped at around 4,750 to 4,765 which is still outside the top 5k. What units should I be using to boost my score?

Do bonus units factor in and stuff like that? All my +1 units are Soren, Bridelia, Frederick and Effie but I think using Frederick tanks your score because he's a cav?

My starter team is M!Marth/Faye/Kagero/Effie. I'll usually get scores around 680 to 682 but I got two 678s which probably hurt me. I'll occasionally get a 684 or a 686 but it's rare. I need a higher score but I don't know who to deploy...

Edited by Zeo

I'm so salty seeing people having fun with this new mode while I'm still stuck here in the office on a miserably clouded Sunday afternoon. 

I'll have my revenge when the holiday comes up. 

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

Any reccomendations for raising my score? I'm capped at around 4,750 to 4,765 which is still outside the top 5k. What units should I be using to boost my score?

Do bonus units factor in and stuff like that? All my +1 units are Soren, Bridelia, Frederick and Effie but I think using Frederick tanks your score because he's a cav?

My starter team is M!Marth/Faye/Kagero/Effie. I'll usually get scores around 680 to 682 but I got two 678s which probably hurt me. I'll occasionally get a 684 or a 686 but it's rare. I need a higher score but I don't know who to deploy...

The easiest things to affect for scoring big points without having many merged units is skills worth a lot of sp; especially Aether/Galefore (more than twice the amount of a regular special); Mixed rally (twice the amount of a regular Assist skill), any unique weapon (one half as much as a regular + weapon) and some rarer passive skills like Distant Defense...

Your starter team has only one unique weapon user, which might not be helpful since that's one of the easiest thing to raise points.

Quick ref for all sp:

tumblr_oumux85LBB1r28yhno1_r1_1280.png

The big points unit needs to be your first team. Bonus don't affect anything.

Edited by salinea

Got another first day's advanced deathless 7 streaks. Which is weird because after the first day i really struggled completing any deathless streak and never beat that first day's score. (did beat it this time: 4788!)

Also still wonder how they pick the defensive teams. I met a team of 4 Hectors...

(hope it doesn't count as double post when it's separated by several days. I really don't feel like editing a post that was about a whole other thing just for this rule.)

Edited by salinea

This time i got an early deathless 7 streak. I took my TT-grind team of Celica, Amelia, Hector & Cordelia as starters. They got surprisingly good scores, 4836 total, perhaps i will stay in the top 10k this time (currently rank 432). 

I didn't encounter any Reinhardt, but 4 full armor teams in a row. In the end i ran out of armor-counters, i couldn't have handled a fifth one. 

So, i battled my first 700 team ever today in AA (Zephiel +1, Effie +5, Hector +4, Sheena +4). Mae and Merric could handle ZEffieL (sorry) easily, but i was sloppy sending Tobin on Sheena without a thought, not noticing Killer+QR+Ignis which ended my first run this week ... 

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why this thread is not used more. It feels a bit cluttered putting both Arena Assault and normal Arena under one thread.

Do you guys think they will implement a tier system similar to normal Arena for Arena Assault? Without Orbs or knowing what Sacred Coins are for, I just settle for the 30,000 to 50,000 ranking range.

On 19.9.2017 at 7:09 PM, XRay said:

I am not sure why this thread is not used more. It feels a bit cluttered putting both Arena Assault and normal Arena under one thread.

Do you guys think they will implement a tier system similar to normal Arena for Arena Assault? Without Orbs or knowing what Sacred Coins are for, I just settle for the 30,000 to 50,000 ranking range.

I don't know if a second tier system is necessary, but I would like to differ between AA and normal arena in terms of defense. 

Perhaps they could reward original defense teams (without Reinhardt/BH!Lyn/Dancer). 

Btw: After optimizing my starter team, I reached a new personal highscore in AA: 4896

It was less difficult this time, because I met less Reinhardt/BH!Lyn/Dancer combos, but more armor teams. BB!Lyn with her candle was really helpful to take down DC-armors with my frail mages. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know if a second tier system is necessary, but I would like to differ between AA and normal arena in terms of defense. 

Perhaps they could reward original defense teams (without Reinhardt/BH!Lyn/Dancer). 

Btw: After optimizing my starter team, I reached a new personal highscore in AA: 4896

It was less difficult this time, because I met less Reinhardt/BH!Lyn/Dancer combos, but more armor teams. BB!Lyn with her candle was really helpful to take down DC-armors with my frail mages. 

Yeah, BB!Lyn is really good. I wish I can inherit both Candlelight and Dazzling Staff from a single BB!Lyn.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, BB!Lyn is really good. I wish I can inherit both Candlelight and Dazzling Staff from a single BB!Lyn.

You could inherit candlelight and dazzling staff 2 from one BB!Lyn. Your healer would have to stay above 50% HP, but that shouldn't be a big problem, except perhaps in TT & CC.