Do You Skip The Enemy Phase

Skip or See?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Skip or See?

• Skip 'em
    • Watch them.

Twiddling with the option settings in Echoes for my recent run had me stumble across the 'automatically skip enemy phase' feature I heard about from speedruns. Having used it a bit myself now, I find that while it's convenient, I don't get to see specifics of what it is that happens apart from levels- what kills go to who get revealed only on the tally, and as I've learned, that thing is capped. But at the same time, not like watching them grants control...

What's the ideas amongst those that've found this feature?

I tend to watch enemy phase so I actually know what's going on. However, if I get into a skirmish I don't want to fight, I skip the enemy phases to get through them faster. I also always skip NPC phase since it consists of illusions dying 99% of the time.

I don't skip them. When i'm playing older games, i usually play on emulators, so i just turn on max speed during the enemy phase. On newer games, i just turn off the animations during the enemy phase and only during the enemy phase.

Edited by Armagon

Nowadays, when I'm in a situation where I *might* lose a unit, I skip the battle, in superstition that by skipping that fight, they'll somehow pull off an RNG miracle. Does it actually work? Sometimes, but its not something you'd want to rely on

I tend to watch the enemy phase unless there's going to be no action. Battle-wise.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It depends. If I'm in a minor skirmish with Risen, Terrors, etc. then I usually skip it. Likewise, if I'm playing in Casual with little to no threat to my units, I'll skip it. However, if I'm in a story chapter, or if the enemy is quite difficult, I'll usually watch.

What usually happens is that I'll start skipping the enemy phase if it's a chapter I've failed and I want to get a move on. Or I'll do it when I realize that one of my units is probably about to die and I skip just to get straight to the death. Only then sometimes they don't die, my turn starts, and I wonder what I missed by skipping.

The only time I ever skip them is during DLC grinding or the like.  I like to know how everything's going.

Depends. If there are a ton of enemies that aren't near me, pretty much always - or if it's at the end of a battle and I know my dudes will survive I'll skip it too. Sometimes I do otherwise though if I don't know what's going to happen. I think the biggest indication of whether or not I'll skip is the map size tbh.

Depends on the game for me. For Echoes I tended to rarely skip enemy phase, but for Fates I would do it somewhat often, and Awakening I would do it almost every turn unless I needed to see enemy phase.

Nope, it takes too much away from the game in my opinion. Though I do skip enemy phase while grinding to make it go by faster, but even battle animations are turned off for that.