Vanguard class synergy

StarKnight

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

While that bulk is obviously impressive, that Corrin should not be doubling anything on Lunatic unpaired with that speed stat safe for some Fighters and Dark Mages (if what I remember of the enemy stats in the previous chapters is correct), which is why I recommend a +Spd boon (feel free to correct me though). My Vanguard for this playthrough is Kaze and it's working surprisingly well (even though he loses his anti-mage capabilities and his physical bulk is only average).

Also, how did you manage to get such high weapon ranks so early in the game? I'm genuinely curious, seriously.

Probably from the wind tribe chapter, I really don't like that map so I just cheesed it with Corrin paired with Rinka.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, Zelgius said:

So I was interested and thought I would give a Vanguard Corrin a try on Revelation Lunatic. This Corrin is +Def/-Luck and has used no stat boosts, I promoted to Vanguard at level 10 after learning Dragon Fang. I'm at Chapter 13 and this is what Corrin looks like so far:

qzX5Lob.png

To no surprise Corrin is performing very well. I doubt I will complete the run any time soon, but I don't think you would have to bother thinking about classes and skill access.

Veteran intuition to balance -luck seem a good idea, still I wish you "luck" when the game start to throw berseker against you.

22 hours ago, SpearOfLies said:

Veteran intuition to balance -luck seem a good idea, still I wish you "luck" when the game start to throw berseker against you.

I have a few screenshots on crit rates if you're interested.

These are the crit rates against notable enemies in Chapter 13:

Against Enemy Ryoma:

8FgPi0q.png

Against Enemy Beserker (with Gamble):

25le257.png

For reference this is Camilla against the Beserker:

y21M19s.png

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

I have a few screenshots on crit rates if you're interested.

These are the crit rates against notable enemies in Chapter 13:

Against Enemy Ryoma:

8FgPi0q.png

Against Enemy Beserker (with Gamble):

25le257.png

For reference this is Camilla against the Beserker:

y21M19s.png

You can already see that things will going to be nasty at chapter 13.

Just now, SpearOfLies said:

Do you see the crit chance on camilla? You are going to see it more often.

It's going to be very easy to deal with that. Bear in mind Revelations is a game that gives you both Xander and Ryoma, it's a easy game.

Me showing the crit rate was to show how the Corrin's crit dodge was compared to other units, even Reina paired with Felicia and with Azura's special dance skill had 1% crit displayed against Ryoma.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, Zelgius said:

It's going to be very easy to deal with that. Bear in mind Revelations is a game that gives you both Xander and Ryoma, it's a easy game.

Me showing the crit rate was to show how the Corrin's crit dodge was compared to other units, even Reina paired with Felicia and with Azura's special dance skill had 1% crit displayed against Ryoma.

The major problem of ryouma in that map is the damage, not the crit. Against him using averange unit, he never get pass 10% crit chance, but he can easily one round your unit. Of whole my army on lunatic only one or two can survive against him.

On August 8, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Zelgius said:

That's pretty cocky to say - it ain't like they can be everywhere at once.

43 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

The major problem of ryouma in that map is the damage, not the crit. Against him using averange unit, he never get pass 10% crit chance, but he can easily one round your unit. Of whole my army on lunatic only one or two can survive against him.

I wasn't advocating engaging Ryoma, I was giving an example of some crit rates for notable enemies in the chapter I was in for a Vanguard Corrin as you seemed interested in what kind of crit the Corrin would be up against.

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's pretty cocky to say - it ain't like they can be everywhere at once.

We're drifting off-topic here, but I'll answer anyway. They don't need to be everywhere at once, although they could be if you needed them to be by fielding four units on the map.

40 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

We're drifting off-topic here, but I'll answer anyway. They don't need to be everywhere at once, although they could be if you needed them to be by fielding four units on the map.

Yeah, but I felt like I needed to say that since what you said is kinda like saying RD part 4's easy just because you get the laguz royals - but I digress. Anyways, it seems like only Berserkers might have a crit chance against your Corrin - there might be other stuff, but they're either rare or use a drearily inaccurate weapon.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia