How to make an interesting concept tread that'll get peoples excited about your hack

Kirb1337

Those are the main things, at least in my opinion, that does a good concept thread

1: no wall of texts.

Do not just come here and simply copy paste the script for your hack. First off, some peoples will just not read it cause it's too long, and second off, everyone can write a story, peoples dont get impressed by that.

2: do not post your thread before having made significant progress with your hack.

by that, i mean that you can't just arrive, post a concept tread and say something like "i'll start working on it soon, by the way i need artists for portraits and animations", you'll get laughed at.

3: Always. Post. Screenshots.

screenshots are the best you to tell peopke that you can hack, and you have progress done with your hack. Peoples also mostly prefers visual examples more than textual ones.

And i think that's about it for what i got, i'll update it if i think something needs to be added.

4. accept that it doesn't actually work no matter what you do and what you need to do is just keep at it

also as a collorary to 1; managing your text distribution is important-- not just the size, but keeping anything you say honed in and focused.

you don't want to be too brief, that also is basically useless for people looking at your idea; but if your text is so long it can't be digested it's not going to get people too interested.

Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

5. Keep people updated.

It's one thing to tell people that you've ROM Hacked and have progress done, but it's another to tell people how far you've gone. Don't keep yourself in the dark for too long. A few months is reasonable, but always try to keep your players focused and awaiting the next release of your newest patch. Always try to build up the most progress you can in your hack, but never keep it so long to the point will people will start to become uninterested. Unless you're amazing and able to toss out a fully completed ROM Hack to people.