What ESRB rating makes up most of your collection?

Ronnie

This is something I never thought about until today when looking at the cases for my games. I started to notice that I own very little rated M games and that the majority of my collection is rated T or E. If I had to estimate I'd say 50% T, 40% E, and 10% M.

The only rated M games I own are Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, and Metal Gear Rising. My rated E games are mostly Nintendo stuff. My rated T games are all of my fighting games as well as my RPGs that aren't Pokémon.

I thought it'd be interesting to discuss how the ESRB ratings might define what type of games we're into.

Edited by Ronnie

I guess I would say T makes up most of it followed by M since I love the SMT series, the only E games I have are Zelda, one Pokemon and one Mario game at the moment.  Most of the games I like tend to fall in the T rating and I am fine with that.

Rated T for Teen. If I were to guess percentages, I would say it's about 90% T, 5% E and 5% M.

Only rated M games I have is RE4, DS: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, Genji: Dawn of Samurai, Way of the Samurai 4, Persona 3: FES and Persona 4 

T or M, probably. I have a lot of M-rated games because so many of the series I enjoy (DMC, SMT/Persona, Bayonetta, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc.) are mostly rated M overall. If we're going on percentages, I'd guess 40% M, 35% T and 25% E.

Most of my 3DS games are rated E, none of the 3DS games I own are rated M, and only three of them rated T, which are Castlevania, Order of Ecclesia, Fates Birthright, and Shadows of Valentia.

I have more T-rated games on PC, such as Neverwinter Nights and Skullgirls and even some that are rated M like Saints Row 2.

I own almost only E/E10+ games. The only T rated games I own are (I think) Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, both Xenoblade Chronicles, and the recent Fire Emblem games.

I don't own any M rated games, though my sister has a couple Assassins Creed games.

My collection is too large to count or build an estimate. I was curious about my 360 collection though. Out of 81 total games, 74 are T or M rated. The ones that aren't are three Sonic games, Civilization: Revolution and Viva Pinata which I got free from Games with Gold, Epic Mickey 2, and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

But I expect a slim majority of my games to be E and E10, due to generations of Nintendo titles.

Like most here I'm pretty sure T dominates. To be sure I have some E (e.g. Mario) and M (e.g. Devil May Cry) in there, but both are clear minorities and I'm not even sure which I have more of. It helps that almost all RPGs, regardless of their actual content, get a T label slapped on them, and that makes up a huge part of my collection.

Let's see...

The majority of games are T, with M being second place (really just Halo and Skyrim). E comes in with 5 games (Pokemon White, X, Moon, FE7 and 8) and E10+ sits last with 3 (Smash 3DS, Shadow Dragon, and the first Gunvolt game).

Despite owning only Nintendo systems, I think it's pretty much divided equally between E, E10 and T, with some M ones thrown in. E is mostly Mario and Pokemon, while E10 and T includes Zelda, Fire Emblem, Smash, Star Fox, Splatoon, and some 3rd party stuff like Ace Attorney, Street Fighter, Devil Survivor and Etrian Odyssey.

Checking my collection I'm surprised at how many M rated games I own, like the Bayonettas, Corpse Party, Conception 2, Binding of Isaac, several SMT games, and the Zero Escape games.

I have lots of E games and some T games. However, my game collection is severely lacking in M-rated titles. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I like colorful, fun things more than brown, gritty things.

My favorite ESRB rating is Kirby's RTD being rated E10.
Kirbys_return_to_dreamland_boxart.jpg
The cartoon violence is real, man.

I do have an alot of E rated games, some are E+10 after I got Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (which it's the first game rated to be at E+10), some T for Teen games such as Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Awakening through Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Star Wars games on PlayStation 2 such as Clone Wars & both Starfighter games, both Xenoblade Chronicles games, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Dragon Quest VIII on Nintendo 3DS, EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings, Project X Zone, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, & X, and Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, & some M game such as Shin Megami Tensei IV, Persona 4 Golden, Shin Megami Tensei Person 3 Portable, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, both Bayonetta games on the Wii U, and The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures.

Edited by King Marth 64

I have quite a few E and E10 games from my younger years, but as of late I seem to be buying T rated games almost exclusively mostly because I've gotten something of a fighting game craze going on right now, but no amount of Street Fighter and Guilty Gear has stopped me from picking up a game like Stardew Valley (and you should too).