What do you think FE16 will be?

Here are two of my personal possiblities.

#1: This game will be a prequel to Awakening.

This game will happen in the time of the First Exalt, and follow his quest to slay Grima. The continent is still known as Archanea.

#2: This game will be more technologically advanced compared to the previous games.

The game will have some steampunk elements to it, like some steampunk robots, and a new playable class that uses guns and muskets. The game would take place in maybe the 19th century.

That's pretty much all I've got. What are your thoughts on what this game might be?

Edited by Larverto

4 minutes ago, Larverto said:

#2: This game will be more technologically advanced compared to the previous games.

The game will have some steampunk elements to it, like some steampunk robots, and a new playable class that uses guns and/or muskets.

That's pretty much all I've got. What are your thoughts on what this game might be?

2. It's possible they replace bows with muskets, but I doubt they would just go all out in steam punk though.

I see FE16 mostly being an ambitious game building on the mechanics introduced in Fates & SoV(mostly Mila's Turnwheel). 

The world will likely be unique, unless they really want to add onto something, considering SoV added on lore to Awakening, it seems like they are doing their best to try to connect everything.

A First Exalt game feels like something they would be interested in doing, as both Awakening and the post game of Echoes have correlations to it. Furthermore, it would be a massively helpful choice of game in connecting this universe. Is the First Exalt descended from Marth or possibly Alm? What happened to all the countries in Marth's time? How were the Taguel subjugated in this time and were they in fact tribes of Laguz that could shift into multiple species of beasts as Panne claims? Did Valm slowly deteriorate into what it was in Awakening, or did everything change when Walhart took power? Is there a connection between the Loptyr and Grimleal?

Besides a First Exalt game, I'd hope for a new setting with no callbacks or cameo appearances. I think the ship has sailed on giving us a Sacred Stones prequel or following up on other sagas.

3 hours ago, Larverto said:

The game will have some steampunk elements to it, like some steampunk robots, and a new playable class that uses guns and/or muskets. The game would take place in maybe the 19th century.

I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Personally, it would be cool to see either an Arabic or Chinese theme.

I recently have been thinking they may go with an Awakening-connected game, which to me would be a disappointment, so I really hope that's not the case. That world is done, and I think they should let it be.

I would hope that they go with a completely new world and build off of RD as the last console game and the 3DS games in terms of gameplay with Conquest and SoV with story presentation. 

4 hours ago, Larverto said:

The game will have some steampunk elements to it, like some steampunk robots, and a new playable class that uses guns and/or muskets. The game would take place in maybe the 19th century.

I really wouldn't like this...They would have to change a lot to fit this I think, and at that point they should just make it its own franchise (or bring back Advance Wars).

I'm hoping it takes place in an entirely new world, and then have any other FE games on the Switch expand on that. I actually had an idea of having the 2018 game having a later sequel that would star the children of the characters of the first game (like FE6 and 7 but in reverse order). The hair colors and stuff can be changed by choosing a preexisting save file from the first game and having that data transfer over to the eventual second game. It would satisfy the people that want the kids in the game, but not have them shoved in unnecessarily in my opinion. I don't know how possible this would be though.

Unlikely though it is, I'm still hoping for a game for Anri to occur literally anytime in the next ten years. Or a game for The Scouring. I'd play that for sure.

Realistically, though, I think it's way too early to begin hypothesizing yet as the only possible tie-in really open right now IS First Exalt's story unless they want to do a story set at the same time as Awakening but on a different continent, such as a later-time Tellius, Elibe or Magvel, and the only other alternative is something brand new, in which case how can we figure it out with literally no details?

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Unlikely though it is, I'm still hoping for a game for Anri to occur literally anytime in the next ten years. Or a game for The Scouring. I'd play that for sure.

The lore can be pretty hazy at times, so either of these two would be nice.

8 hours ago, Larverto said:

The game will have some steampunk elements to it, like some steampunk robots, and a new playable class that uses guns and muskets. The game would take place in maybe the 19th century.

Steampunk and guns sound nice. I'm cool with it as long as they keep magic. Personally, I'd like a magic-using main character. Not like Micaiah, but a royal/noble trained in the arcane arts instead of physical weapons.

9 hours ago, Larverto said:

This game will happen in the time of the First Exalt, and follow his quest to slay Grima. The continent is still known as Archanea.

I can both of those to an extent. With the bonus dungeon of Echoes expanding on Awakening's lore, I could see a game being set during the time of the First Exalt. It would help to wrap up any loose threads between the end of Mystery of the Emblem and the beginning of Awakening.

I'd also like to see a Fire Emblem game with a steampunk setting, though I can't help but feel like it would make Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. a bit sad, seeing as I doubt there will ever be a sequel.

11 hours ago, Larverto said:

I really don't like either of these options.

#1 is a scenario where you go through all of these ordeals to accomplish something we already know is a theoretical failure. SoV covers Grima's origins, Awakening covers Grima's ultimate end, and I don't think Grima is a big enough deal to be involved with a third story where he's simply put to sleep again for 1000 years. So at that point, it'd pretty much be an excuse to make a story about the first Exalt. Which... I mean, it'd be cool to potentially see the transition from Archanea to Ylisse, but I don't think that's enough of an excuse to see that continent again.

If we're going back to the Archanea world EVER again, I'd prefer we see what's going on with Jugdral after all these years. FE4 and FE5 are chronologically the first stories in that world(As far as we know), and we've never seen a hint of Jugdral since the end of FE4. Which would be theoretically more interesting than getting an Archanea sequel, which we got in Awakening. Jugdral was one of the most dire situations we've seen in FE. Basically every royal was murdering each other in that game, and virtually every kingdom was left without a ruler by the end of that game. So seeing what happened to it after a long period of time would be a lot more interesting.

#2 is something I just have a gut negative reaction to. Fire Emblem's formula works. Fucking with it too much always rubs me the wrong way. Especially now that we know all FEs are indirectly connected. I mean, it makes some logical sense that eventually one FE world would progress past the dark ages(We've got like, 3000 years of the Archanea world with seemingly no progress), but from a gameplay perspective... I don't want to see muskets. From what I remember, #TMS was supposed to be IS' way of doing the "modern Fire Emblem" that some of them have always wanted to do.

Of the two, I see #1 happening more, because Awakening was popular, and that seems to be the most important aspect for the direction of the series these days.

Edited by Slumber

I think it would be really cool if we saw the future from which Lucina came as a setting, though that may be my desire to see more Lucina speaking rather than anything else.  (Without parents and with new characters.)

I suspect the game will be completely new in terms of protagonists and story etc, though I suspect it will tie in to previous games somehow, perhaps making a timeline more concrete. Outside of Lucina emblem I would like to see something new.

New hardware and a lot of new fans probably equal a new world rooted in familiarity; that's how Fire Emblem likes to roll in general. I suspect it'll look and play amazing, with several new interesting things worthy of it being a return to home consoles, but I believe it'll still feel familiar for veterans. 

I hope I'm wrong though, and that we get completely taken by storm.

Edited by Thane

5 hours ago, Thane said:

New hardware and a lot of new fans probably equal a new world rooted in familiarity; that's how Fire Emblem likes to roll in general. I suspect it'll look and play amazing, with several new interesting things worthy of it being a return to home consoles, but I believe it'll still feel familiar for veterans. 

I hope I'm wrong though, and that we get completely taken by storm.

Just as long as we dont try and abandon what makes this game Fire Emblem like some series have done in the past, I am game for just about anything.

Edited by Tolvir

On 8/1/2017 at 5:52 AM, Raptok said:

I think it would be really cool if we saw the future from which Lucina came as a setting, though that may be my desire to see more Lucina speaking rather than anything else.  (Without parents and with new characters.)

I suspect the game will be completely new in terms of protagonists and story etc, though I suspect it will tie in to previous games somehow, perhaps making a timeline more concrete. Outside of Lucina emblem I would like to see something new.

I mean, we did get DLC that covered that, so I'm not sure what more could be done with it. How would it end? How do you explain Lucina and Co. to go from superpowerful to what they were in Chrom's timeline? It wouldn't make much sense and I think it would just piss off more fans than make people happy. I like Lucina and all, but I think she has plenty of media where she's represented in.

However, I wouldn't mind a female protagonist that has a lot of parallels with Lucina. A girl that masquerades as a man for a significant part of the story could be interesting if it's done well. We don't really see too many tomboys in this series either (usually 1 or 2 per game, no female lord I would consider tomboyish as well. Lyn is the closest, but I don't think that side of her was really expanded upon that much), so it could be nice character-wise too.

Hopefully Intelligent System learns from the criticisms of Fates and makes the game safer in scope. The world would be unconnected to other games in the series, with some callbacks. I have no wishes on the game story, I just want a fun adventure.

Have no idea.

Fates, if we think about it, was completely absurd in hindsight. It honestly took a very different direction than a lot of the other games in the series narratively and aesthetically.

Therefore, no way in hell any predictions are going to be accurate, especially with how Echoes also just kinda dropped in out of nowhere.

I THINK they might take what they did with Fates and Awakening, where the majority of characterisation and the like is in optional content to its natural extreme with a completely nonlinear fire emblem game. Of course, what the hell that would look like is up for debate, but that's for them to figure out if they do it.

I DO think we'll be getting another original setting though. These console shifts generally accompany large change and this is definitely a good place to go crazy if they're going to.

I don't think going the 'Advanced weaponry' route is a good idea. This is a fantasy series. Not just fantasy, but medieval fantasy. It has been that way for its entire lifespan and I don't see them making any drastic changes to the status quo, especially when said change won't make much sense anyway due to how the series is generally disjointed in terms of narrative and time frame.

I do somewhat hope we'll be getting some stuff from previous games expanded upon, but I'd rather they use other materials like Novels, Manga etc to explore those rather than the main series.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:38 PM, SoulWeaver said:

I've been hoping for that as well; I even had an idea of a game with Anri and Iote (the founder of Macedon) as the two lord characters; a game that would explain the origins of, among other things, Iote's shield.

As for FE 16, I think they'll stick to medieval fantasy, but with elements of other cultures. I think it will be in a brand new continent as, apart from direct sequels, they try to avoid using the same continent. Awakening is an exception, mainly because it would've been the last game in the series, and was a bit of a 'greatest hits version'.

Edited by vanguard333

On 7/30/2017 at 3:16 PM, Larverto said:

Honestly, i think both of your predictions are really close. I've been thinking this would be a prequel to Awakening taking place between Marth's time and Chrom's, backed up by the appearance of Grima that we got in Echoes.

It being more advanced is a no-brainier. Nintendo seems to really like Fire Emblem at the moment, so this is going to be the best looking FE to date.

I think Fire Emblem Switch is going to be taking everything that worked from SoV, Fates, and Awakening and trying to fit it all together. I can see mechanics from all three returning, things like Mila's Turnwheel, a World Map with skirmishes, Villages, maybe even dungeons, no durability, reclassing, etc.

As far as location goes, there is a lot they can do. They could create an entire new location, or they could revisit an old one. I wouldnt mind if they decided to revisit Tellius or Valentia (especially in the aftermath of Awakening). I personally wouldnt mind another Archanea revisit around the same time as Awakening either.

• 1 month later...
On 15/08/2017 at 5:30 PM, Tolvir said:

I personally wouldnt mind another Archanea revisit around the same time as Awakening either.

So, the FE5 to Awakening's FE4 or just in Awakening's era?

As for me, I think a technologically advanced FE would be very interesting but doubt IS would do that. I do think we'll get a drastically different inspiration for the setting though - Hoshido showed they're willing to go outside Europe for ideas if they want to.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

So, the FE5 to Awakening's FE4 or just in Awakening's era?

As for me, I think a technologically advanced FE would be very interesting but doubt IS would do that. I do think we'll get a drastically different inspiration for the setting though - Hoshido showed they're willing to go outside Europe for ideas if they want to.

Either one would work. I kind of mean it universally too. I wouldnt mind anywhere to be revisit, including Fates.

FE16 will be set in the Parfait kingdom, and feature Jerry, Blooey, Torque, Hayzee, and Screamy's epic battle against the Chestnut king. 

The major themes of the game will be helping people to remember times when no matter how hard they tried, they failed anyway, and went away feeling their time had been wasted-

The weapon triangle would be Boots/Hammers/Magic

The games art style would be more subdued and flatter compared to Awakening and Fates.

It's kind of a guess, but I think that they would keep using Awakening/Fate's idea of humorous personality traits.

Based of what we know so far:

1. Beautiful HD graphics.

2. A completely different FE for a home console.

3. Will breath life into characters like never before.

4. It's going to have realistic proportions and animations like SoV.

Maybe a return of the PoR-RD format mixed with the 3DS mechanics? or a Fates style game with more cringey stuff like petting with HD Rumble? Oh!, actually I'm quite sure with two things: 3d gaming in some form for the lulz and full voice acting. I'm not expecting it to be that interesting. Echoes was boring with those linear dungeons and tedious repetitive battles inside them.

At this point I only want to know something. A tease, a roumor, a leak, anything is ok. 

I actually have quite some high hopes for this game. I'm not one to get too excited about a game until it's out, but everything seems to point to a high-quality game, at least in technical terms. I expect:

• Voice acting. FE10 had narrated story text, FE13 and 14 added voice samples, ♯FE and FE15 have full voice acting for major conversations (as opposed to NPC dialogs), and FE Warriors has complete full voice acting. Everything points to FE16 following suit.
  • High quality graphics. I don't know how good it will be, but the game is said to be beautiful. I prefer 1080p60 at the expense of having fewer models onscreen at the same time, lower polygon count and worse lighting and shadows. But even failing that, it's still the first main series Fire Emblem in HD, and the first home console game with 16:9 screen output in Japan (Japanese Radiant Dawn was 4:3 only).
  • Good 3D models and animations. IS has gotten far better at 3D during the course of making those 3DS games (relatively), and hopefully external games (♯FE, FE Warriors) can serve as a guide to them.
  • Here's a prediction on the game itself: ledges from FE10 will return, done to accomodate the better graphics. Wall-piercing arrows and magic won't happen, as was the case with FE9 and FE10.
On 10/4/2017 at 11:22 AM, Reality said:

FE16 will be set in the Parfait kingdom, and feature Jerry, Blooey, Torque, Hayzee, and Screamy's epic battle against the Chestnut king. 

Will it include shipping? Can I pair Princess Eclair with someone else?