If the next game had a new cultural "theme" what should it be?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Very true I want more of it!

I'd be okay with more, but don't make it in your face stereotypical Egyptian. So no pyramids, or at least downgrade them to step pyramids. If they want tombs, do remember the Egyptians eventually converted over the Valley of the KIngs- underground tombs with no giant structure shouting "Rob me!" built over them. No sphinxes either. Amun-Ra, pharaoh, and scarabs, even hieroglyphics I'll permit though.

SoV's Valentia has Greco-Roman thematics to it, but I'd kiss Duma's unwashed feet if he asked for it if that was sufficient thanks for not putting everyone in a toga. Although Boey would look cute in one.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:34 AM, Hopeofdespair said:

Let’s have a, V I C T O R I A N setting.

Agreed. I think it would be cool to have a slightly modern(ish) setting? Like England. Then again, a France-inspired Fire Emblem could be fun too. I don't know that we'll get either one though. Fates was the most different from a cultural perspective with Hoshido being the "East" and Nohr the "West" and who knows if we'll have that again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A full-on Baroque-era costume drama filled with powdered wigs and shirt ruffles would be amazing.

A hardscrabble dark-age world with a Celts vs. Vikings theme would be pretty cool, too.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some sort of swashbuckling seafaring theme with a pirate-lord.

8 hours ago, eastcanman said:

A hardscrabble dark-age world with a Celts vs. Vikings theme would be pretty cool, too.

Yes it would be cool. Use of Celts would be great to see. When it comes to Vikings though, I think Vikings are being used in everything lately.

Just one thing I want to point out: the Celts were ancient, the Vikings were in the Dark ages.

17 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yes it would be cool. Use of Celts would be great to see. When it comes to Vikings though, I think Vikings are being used in everything lately.

Just one thing I want to point out: the Celts were ancient, the Vikings were in the Dark ages.

The Celts were ancient, but they were also middle and dark ages too. And even still exist to this day. That is to say, Celts fighting Vikings is something that happened pretty frequently at the turn of the first millenium.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

The Celts were ancient, but they were also middle and dark ages too. And even still exist to this day. That is to say, Celts fighting Vikings is something that happened pretty frequently at the turn of the first millenium.

True.

I would want to see the next game based off the Roman Empire. Having war elephants and a new mechanic where you fight in the sea using special units to battle large ships. Another new thing is that there would be a new class based off of the war elephants used by Carthaginian invasion of the Roman empire and two different classed similar to the classes that uses horses.

An Arabian setting would be cool but the game could take place in a place with many different areas inspired by Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe expanding on just the Arabian setting. This would allow for a lot of diversity in map design and would make the places in the game more distinct than if they stuck to just one region. 

Edited by edgelordweeaboo

I'd love to see a game with multiple different cultures, similar to how Awakening had a Japanese theme for Chon'sin and an Egyptian theme for Plegia, but in a way similar to echoes where it plays out in existing classes rather than certain classes being cultural. Just like how Kamui's mercenary outfit looks vaguely Japanese, while Saber's Mercenary outfit still looks European. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, Chipper Jones Fan said:

I would want to see the next game based off the Roman Empire. Having war elephants and a new mechanic where you fight in the sea using special units to battle large ships. Another new thing is that there would be a new class based off of the war elephants used by Carthaginian invasion of the Roman empire and two different classed similar to the classes that uses horses.

I'd totally be down for a classical ancient theme.  Centurions style units, Cretan archers, War elephants it would be exciting!

Renaissance Spain. 

I like most of the other ideas here, an Arabian theme would be titillating...

I feel like I'd be the only one here who would want this, but maybe like an industrial revolution, but with FE staples like Pegasi and Mages

• 2 weeks later...