Xander & Corrin Bond Support snippet

Jedi

31 minutes ago, Torii said:

For what it's worth, there are a few comments from Japanese people on the twitter post that seem to think the same thing about Corrin's voice being too different.

I think she sounds fine. It might be a bit different than what I remember, but nothing that bothers me really. 

16 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I guess these are people used to Corrin in Smash or Heroes, yeah? I just turned on my Jp copy of Fates and her default voice is identical to that. 

Yeah, Corrin uses this voice in the Drama CDs too, which is the closest thing to canon I guess.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to Corrin's Japanese lines in Smash and Heroes, there's definitely a discrepancy. Her voice pitch is much higher in Warriors, and the tone used in Smash isn't even available in Fates. It still sounds fine to me in all games, but it's most fitting in Smash. Her Heroes lines are actually the same pitch as Fates, both normal and Summer versions.

nngah, I could see people being okay with that Corrin voice in Fates which was just voice snippets, but that is a gratingly high pitched voice for a fully voice acted game. If that's how Corrin sounds, how does Elise sound in Japanese? A dog whistle?

Also, can Xander stop looking at Corrin's "lively figure"? Creepy.  I assume they're pulled from a point where Corrin still believes they're actual siblings, but Xander always knew the truth.

6 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

nngah, I could see people being okay with that Corrin voice in Fates which was just voice snippets, but that is a gratingly high pitched voice for a fully voice acted game. If that's how Corrin sounds, how does Elise sound in Japanese? A dog whistle?

Also, can Xander stop looking at Corrin's "lively figure"? Creepy.  I assume they're pulled from a point where Corrin still believes they're actual siblings, but Xander always knew the truth.

Here you go.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

The taller f!Corrin is used in official artwork, which includes the boxart

Yeah, I didn't even know that wasn't her default.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've never felt those characters to be that old... Ryoma and Xander are like ~23 at most to me, and Takumi, Leo and Corrin are pretty much the same age.

Huh, someone told me they thought Ryoma was in his late 20s. As for Corrin's personality, they would probably appear under developed due to being locking away for all those years. Still no excuse for being that dumb though.

I still don't care if her JP voice is off since I won't be using it. Matter of fact, I hope to limit Corrin usage in general.

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Huh, someone told me they thought Ryoma was in his late 20s. As for Corrin's personality, they would probably appear under developed due to being locking away for all those years. Still no excuse for being that dumb though.

I still don't care if her JP voice is off since I won't be using it. Matter of fact, I hope to limit Corrin usage in general.

idk, maybe the localization makes them sound older in both voice and text.

Right now, Corrin is probably the one I'd use the most lol. Her moves are unique, and also great at crowd clearing.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

idk, maybe the localization makes them sound older in both voice and text.

Right now, Corrin is probably the one I'd use the most lol. Her moves are unique, and also great at crowd clearing.

I wouldn't know, never played it. I just know everyone says they're kind of dumb.

I honestly don't care how unique she is, I just don't like her. I'll take Robin for my dose of unique.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I wouldn't know, never played it. I just know everyone says they're kind of dumb.

I honestly don't care how unique she is, I just don't like her. I'll take Robin for my dose of unique.

You'll probably have to use her in the story anyway, I think. I just pretend Fates' story didn't exist and enjoy the cool character designs.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You'll probably have to use her in the story anyway, I think. I just pretend Fates' story didn't exist and enjoy the cool character designs.

Oh, I know, but hopefully I'll be able to switch to at least Xander or Ryoma. It's a mission mode that would probably actually force me to use her assuming it's in there.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Oh, I know, but hopefully I'll be able to switch to at least Xander or Ryoma. It's a mission mode that would probably actually force me to use her assuming it's in there.

Actually, hmm... I think two of your three(?) playable allies on a map will always be locked to Rowan and Liana, so I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually, hmm... I think two of your three(?) playable allies on a map will always be locked to Rowan and Liana, so I'm not sure.

Why would that be the case when the demos let people use multiple characters besides them? Heck, the one for Robin, Lissa, and Lucina ONLY had those three plus Corrin.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would that be the case when the demos let people use multiple characters besides them? Heck, the one for Robin, Lissa, and Lucina ONLY had those three plus Corrin.

Because it's a demo that isn't part of the story? If there's a dedicated story mode in a Warriors game, there are usually character locks here and there.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because it's a demo that isn't part of the story? If there's a dedicated story mode in a Warriors game, there are usually character locks here and there.

Yeah, groups of characters that you have to pick from. For example, you can only pick between the twins and the Awakening characters for the initial Awakening-related chapters, I doubt they actually force you to play as a certain character unless it's some side achievement thing, that would be pretty dumb and kind of defeat the point of there being a roster of characters to choose from.

This was how it was in HW too, kind of. At first you had to pick Link, but during various arcs, you could only pick between him and certain other characters.

So if I wanted, I could make Frederick, Robin, and Lianna the three I'm playing as for an initial Awakening chapter.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, groups of characters that you have to pick from. For example, you can only pick between the twins and the Awakening characters for the initial Awakening-related chapters, I doubt they actually force you to play as a certain character unless it's some side achievement thing, that would be pretty dumb and kind of defeat the point of there being a roster of characters to choose from.

In Dragon Quest Heroes, there are two original characters that you choose between at the beginning to be your main hero, the other becomes an immediate playable character, but the one you choose is a permanent party member. This could be a case like that.

Then there's the case with almost every recent Warriors game having some semblance of forced character usage. DW8, SW4, Berserk, their story modes are all about sections with 2-5 playable characters available, and that's it (except Berserk, which only has like 5 or 6 stages out of the 40+ stage game where you can use characters other than Guts). But in that is the fun of Free Mode!

Edit: Though DW and SW are excused by being historical recreations. It makes sense you'd be limited to the officers that were actually present during those battles.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So if I wanted, I could make Frederick, Robin, and Lianna the three I'm playing as for an initial Awakening chapter.

It kinda feels like you'll be forced to have a maximum 4 party at all times, which could have something to do with the way units being defeated is handled, but there's just not enough information available yet.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They may split at some point, but I thought you could have up to four characters to switch between.

Here you go.

Maybe it's the painkillers, but I can't discern the difference between what these characters are going for. Only that Elise sounds more convincing as a grade schooler.

5 hours ago, Torii said:

I got you

Twitter description: The two are enjoying a stroll in an Aytolis forest. Corrin is excited over seeing animals for the first time, Xander is warmly watching over Corrin's lively figure.

Corrin: Ah, there's a beautiful coloured bird over there. Haha, it's cute isn't it?

Xander: Haha, you look like you're having fun, Corrin. Are animals and birds really that foreign to you?

Corrin: Of course! It's because I'm just seeing these for the first time. Besides, given the circumstances saying this is a bit out of place, but I'm a little happy to be able to go around seeing various things with my older brothers while being outside of that castle. 

Xander: That's right. I too was just feeling the same way. Also, in all honesty I'm relieved to finally see your face so full of life. 

So my theory was correct, Awakening & Fates characters are being warped in from before their games started by the looks of it. Or around when they did

Same here, I went "iconoclastic" with Fates (and then SoV not so much by choice as by instinct now)- story scenes always skipped, support dialogues skipped, voices off, animations generally off (speeds things up massively), Private Quarters/Hot Springs/Accessories all skipped. I played purely for the gameplay, with the visuals and audio being its only companions (and the audio went bye bye when LiTAA started up in the final fight & credits).

The nice thing is that it lets me imagine the chars however I wish to, they are as malleable in the mind as freshly made EO recruits. And likewise, the taint of the plot is skipped and I can relish in my fantasies here.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So my theory was correct, Awakening & Fates characters are being warped in from before their games started by the looks of it. Or around when they did

It'd be more fun if they did it partway in, with animosities aflame and a conflict already in full force, which they try most messily to resume in the new world while at the same time adapting to it and the new circumstances.

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

"Lively figure" as in "happy child at play". Though Nohr seems to lack for good native women if the PCs are anything to go by, so Corrin wouldn't be a terrible choice given these circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm kinda hoping that this, along with the "brothers" being referenced, that this is a stealth reveal for Leo. I know she's talking about Ryoma, but I just want to believe.

Famitsu, please give us something tomorrow. Anything. These supports aren't enough for my fragile heart.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Looks like it. But Corrin definitely says "older brothers" in the plural. So either she found out about Ryoma being her older brother in the Warriors universe, or they take take them from after Corrin finds out in Fates (though it would kinda clash with the theory if that's the case). I will be honesty and say the "being outside of the castle" part is ambiguous still. It could go either:

1. They take them away before Corrin ever leaves the castle

2. They take them away very shortly after she leaves the castle

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Lively figure" as in "happy child at play". Though Nohr seems to lack for good native women if the PCs are anything to go by, so Corrin wouldn't be a terrible choice given these circumstances.

Yeah, it is definitely more "happy child at play"

1 minute ago, Torii said:

Looks like it. But Corrin definitely says "older brothers" in the plural. So either she found out about Ryoma being her older brother in the Warriors universe, or they take take them from after Corrin finds out in Fates (though it would kinda clash with the theory if that's the case). I will be honesty and say the "being outside of the castle" part is ambiguous still. It could go either:

1. They take them away before Corrin ever leaves the castle

2. They take them away very shortly after she leaves the castle

True, I'll see how deep the rabbit hole on this one goes though, I think i'll keep my mild confidence in my theory even if its on a vague assumption haha, its part of the fun of these things.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

True, I'll see how deep the rabbit hole on this one goes though, I think i'll keep my mild confidence in my theory even if its on a vague assumption haha, its part of the fun of these things.

Haha that's true. Yeah I'd like to see where they take this too, they've got quite a bit of explaining to do for this all to make sense.

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

It kinda feels like you'll be forced to have a maximum 4 party at all times, which could have something to do with the way units being defeated is handled, but there's just not enough information available yet.

Okay, I guess I would use both twins then, because I don't care to use Chrom, Lucina, or Lissa.

And from the Fates side so far, I only care about Ryoma. Still, sucks for anyone who doesn't like the twins.

Edited by Anacybele