Xander & Corrin Bond Support snippet

Jedi

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To be fair, default Corrin is supposed to be a kid. Male Corrin in Japanese also has a slightly... wimpy? voice as the default. But most people I see don't use those defaults, and the deeper tones were used for Smash too...

Corrin did said to Jakob in both the male and female support conversation in Fates that he/she is an adult sometime after Corrin left the Fortress, I'm pretty sure Corrin is most likely around 18 or 19 (most likely in human years depends since Corrin is a hybrid Manakete and Human). I do agree with @Anacybelethat Corrin's Japanese voice direction doesn't sound fitting for an newly grown adult since Corrin been staying at the Fortress for a long time, but Marcella Lentz-Pope did a good job on Female Corrin since she does made Corrin sound more like teenager grown up or more, but it makes more sense for female Kana since she is the youngest child of the army.

It's nice to see Female Corrin and Xander got a Bond Conversation in Fire Emblem Warriors along with Chrom and Ryoma. I kinda wondered if Chrom will get one for the other revealed Awakening characters + Female Corrin with Male Robin and Ryoma as well?

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Torii said:

Looks like it. But Corrin definitely says "older brothers" in the plural. So either she found out about Ryoma being her older brother in the Warriors universe, or they take take them from after Corrin finds out in Fates (though it would kinda clash with the theory if that's the case). I will be honesty and say the "being outside of the castle" part is ambiguous still. It could go either:

Unless I am mistaken, Is leo not an older brother as well? he certainly doesnt look younger then Corrin, so it can still be possible that its before corrin even knows about ryoma.

19 minutes ago, Thany said:

Unless I am mistaken, Is leo not an older brother as well? he certainly doesnt look younger then Corrin, so it can still be possible that its before corrin even knows about ryoma.

I think he's younger, or at least that's how it was in the Japanese version. I'm pretty sure they used the word for younger brother with him.

20 minutes ago, Thany said:

Leo is an otouto, or little brother.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I do agree with @Anacybelethat Corrin's Japanese voice direction doesn't sound fitting for an newly grown adult since Corrin been staying at the Fortress for a long time, but Marcella Lentz-Pope did a good job on Female Corrin since she does made Corrin sound more like teenager grown up or more, but it makes more sense for female Kana since she is the youngest child of the army.

The thing is, your VA judgments are based on the culture you grew up in.

i.e. Not Japan where females actively pitch their voices higher since it is a culturally attractive trait.

And it gets more exaggarated for seiyus in anime-ish related voice roles.

So honestly if you don't like Japanese then you're better off waiting until the English dubs. Since your evaluations are pretty much biased towards the language you speak every day.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

The thing is, your VA judgments are based on the culture you grew up in.

i.e. Not Japan where females actively pitch their voices higher since it is a culturally attractive trait.

And it gets more exaggarated for seiyus in anime-ish related voice roles.

So honestly if you don't like Japanese then you're better off waiting until the English dubs. Since your evaluations are pretty much biased towards the language you speak every day.

SoC, you told me a long time ago that not liking Japanese female voices because of how high-pitched they tend to be was valid. Here you sound like it's not valid.

If it's a culture thing for Japanese, fine, I'm not going to hate them for it. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

So my theory was correct, Awakening & Fates characters are being warped in from before their games started by the looks of it. Or around when they did

I'm thinking that it has to be around chapter 6ish, probably before it occurs.  In chapter 5, Corrin goes into a rampage in her Manakete form until Azura gives her a Dragonstone to help her control that form, which, in the gameplay seen in the trailers of this game, we see her have.  So either the game itself will have a sequence similar to chapter 5 for Corrin, or the character's introductions will occur in a similar fashion as chapter six, meaning Rowan and ... Lianna I think will be drop/transported/plot dumped into the situation in chapter 6 to be introduced to at least Ryoma, Xander, and Corrin.

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

So my theory was correct, Awakening & Fates characters are being warped in from before their games started by the looks of it. Or around when they did

Hay! >:( 

I had this theory first - before the Awakening trailer in fact. If anybody's gonna be showered with love an affection it should be ME.

2 hours ago, cabbage5k2 said:

I'm thinking that it has to be around chapter 6ish, probably before it occurs.  In chapter 5, Corrin goes into a rampage in her Manakete form until Azura gives her a Dragonstone to help her control that form, which, in the gameplay seen in the trailers of this game, we see her have.  So either the game itself will have a sequence similar to chapter 5 for Corrin, or the character's introductions will occur in a similar fashion as chapter six, meaning Rowan and ... Lianna I think will be drop/transported/plot dumped into the situation in chapter 6 to be introduced to at least Ryoma, Xander, and Corrin.

Sounds like a fun scenario. Corrin, struggling to decide in an intense moment whether to pick nature, nurture, or neither. Xander and Ryoma tense, their hands grasping their blades ready to strike down the opposing side once Corrin emerges from their thoughts and declares their intentions.

And suddenly an earthquake causes a giant portal to open up, out comes some random army and two blondies come up and say "Sorry to interrupt whatever you're doing, we can see it looks important. But we kinda could use a little help fighting legions of evil in our home world. If it wouldn't be too much, mind helping us a little? We can't promise any reward, but we'll be eternally grateful." 

Ryoma and Xander simultaneously: "Looks important!?! Our dearest sister- don't listen to that Nohrian/Hoshidan scum, they're our sister- was just about to join reunite with us. Now get gone so she can make up our mind and we can do away with those who-". Corrin interrupts: "Um sorry, but I want to help these nice people, could you my brothers both please set aside your differences and come with me?" Xander and Ryoma: "Um, what?!" Corrin: "Please, pretty please? Could you set aside your differences just for this one little errand?" Xander and Ryoma: "Okay, okay I give in to your request. Let's jump through the dimensional gate holding hands together, it'll be an adventure! No- I get to hold her hand, you get away from her I don't trust you still!"

Xander: "Of course you can come too Camilla, I can see the look on your face. But do show some restraint, pressing your sister's face to your bosom isn't something these blonde warriors we're helping would probably consider normal." Ryoma: "I don't wanna hear it Takumi, you're coming no matter what. Don't point your Yumi that way, I can see it's directed at the back of Corrin's skull. Now apologize and kiss the dirt she walks on."

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hay! >:( 

I had this theory first - before the Awakening trailer in fact. If anybody's gonna be showered with love an affection it should be ME.

Haha, credit where credit is due. I didn't mean to steal your thunder

If the theory is correct, and the Fates units mostly come from Ch6, then it'd be super weird to not have all the siblings from each side appear in some form, playable or NPC.

Can you imagine a timeline where Ryoma and Xander jump in a portal with Corrin to help her fight with some strange magical twins, while the other siblings (Camilla and Azura especially) just sit back and let it happen? I cannot. I also can't see most of them going through, but leaving Hinoka or Elise back on the battlefield all alone. 

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

If the theory is correct, and the Fates units mostly come from Ch6, then it'd be super weird to not have all the siblings from each side appear in some form, playable or NPC.

Can you imagine a timeline where Ryoma and Xander jump in a portal with Corrin to help her fight with some strange magical twins, while the other siblings (Camilla and Azura especially) just sit back and let it happen? I cannot. I also can't see most of them going through, but leaving Hinoka or Elise back on the battlefield all alone. 

Yeah the whole pre ch 6 or ch 6 deal is making me think that the siblings will probably all be there (a safe thought anyways) with some of the retainers.

If we follow who's at chapter six in every path, there's Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Azura, Jakob/Felicia, Kaze and Rinkah.  At the very least most of these characters should be seen within the game to some vincinity.

@Interdimensional Observer

This is going to be a goofy game if any of that holds... and I feel like I'll love it for that.  (Big fan of Odin's/Owain's antics here)

On 31/07/2017 at 2:56 PM, Jedi said:

That was actually confirmed in an interview.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-how-the-game-came-to-be-choosing-characters-games-original-characters-more/2/

ND: For those three titles, from which point would they cross over from their original stories?

Usuda: For example in Shadow Dragon, Marth still hasn’t become a hero-king yet. We’re making it so that people who don’t know the original games can still enjoy it, so we’re making them ambiguous. But we’re somehow making those kinds of settings. I hope you can read them from the storyline quotes.

ND: I see. Actually what I’m wondering about the most is Fates. Because I feel like a lot of things are different between the end of Revelation and otherwise.

Usuda: That’s right indeed. Fates is a rather difficult one.

Hayashi: But I feel like Anya/Nohr and Byakuya/Hoshido characters getting along would be out of place.

Usuda: That’s why you can imagine it as right at the time the branching happened. After all if we picked a story past a chosen branch, some people would feel like ‘it’s different from the path my Kamui/Corrin has chosen!’

Edited by NeonZ

On 7/31/2017 at 9:38 AM, BlizzardWolf95 said:

In Fates, the default f!Corrin is the shorter, kid one. When has a default anything ever been option 2? Taller f!Corrin was used in Smash, I assume because they wanted to remove the height discrepancy between the smaller f!Corrin and m!Corrin. The taller option is just used now because of familiarity.

I'd have to disagree. Unlike Robin, Corrin had a default design for male and female since the conceptual stages of development. 2nd Body Type Default Corrin is the one used in all of the original concept artwork for Fire Emblem Fates (even when their hair was originally black by default with more black in their outfits as well), their official artwork (used as the basis for their renders in Smash and Warriors), the box art for Conquest and Special Edition, and various Cipher cards..all released prior to their debut in Super Smash Bros. The younger and more mature designs for either Corrin haven't been used for anything.

The only reason the kid-like design is default #1 is due to it being more logical to go Youth->Teen->Adult rather then Teen->Youth->Adult or Teen->Adult->Youth.

As such, simple deduction points to the designs on the box, in Smash, Heroes, Warriors, and the Cipher cards being the confirmed default designs.

Based on them next to each other on the box, I don't think there is a height discrepancy at all.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:50 AM, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, I didn't even know that wasn't her default.

As I explain above, I'm pretty sure it still is her default.

Edited by Deva Ashera