Fire Emblem Support Hidden Gems

Have a support that you like that you wanna recommend that you think doesn't get talked about alot that you like? Post it here!

I'll start.

Fates:

-Camila and Keaton. It's a cute support that isn't focused on Camila's obsession with Corrin. Although Keaton's thing may be unsettling to some.

-Beruka and Kaze. I can relate to this support because I walk a lot when I don't know what to do. It's relaxing.

-Beruka and Corrin. Namely the A support. Corrin pretty much saying 'Come me at bro' to Beruka was kinda cool.

-Peri and Kaze. I found it nice cause it doesn't on Peri's serial kill side.

Awakening:

-Vaike and Sully. I was honestly surprised with this one. I thought that Vaike would try to compete with Sully for some comical reason, but it turned out more serious than I thought and highlighted Vaike's character more.

-Tharja and Lon'qu/Gregor: I don't mind Tharja as much now because of these supports. She actually helps or attempts to help with their problems.

Pretty much Forde and everyone (Except Vanessa). All of his supports really help flesh him out and go into quite a bit of detail on his background. I reccommend people watch Ghast Station's support science on Forde. It's really good.

Kaze and Nyx. I don't know why but I like this support. It genuinely feels like they have chemistry since their C support and the S rank doesn't feel as forced as others.

Yoder and Dayan. It's really interesting and also a bit meta. It talks about the differences in religion between the St. Elimine Church and Sacaeans but also talks about affinities and what they do. It's really interesting and one of my favourites from Binding Blade.

Duessel and Knoll add quite a bit to the worldbuilding and what happened to Lyon, which was very interesting.

Rolf and Tauroneo is definitely up there. While Rolf doesn't say much, it's such a surprising, heartfelt conversation between one of the oldest (human) characters and one of the youngest. 

Virion and Panne: I felt like Awakening was sorely lacking in supports that built up on the backstory instead of being centered around combining each character's quirks. This support is kind of cool because it tells us a lot about Virion's past before his grand exposition in Chapter 12. It shows Virion's "leader" side, which we don't get to see very often. 

Lon'qu and Gregor: This also builds on the backstory, while giving us a look at Gregor's hidden strength and wisdom. Now if there was only a Gregor/Basilio convo out there...

Matthew and Legault: All of Legault's convos are really good, but this one stands out. Hearing Legault explain his motivation for leaving the Black Fang really helps to flesh out one of the best plot elements in the game, showing how even in the midst of their assassinations and manipulations, the Black Fang was like a family to many of its members. Seeing the way Legault treats Matthew as a younger version of himself is pretty neat too.

hector and serra have a good one that explains a lot about serra's character without outright saying it

it adds a surprising amount of depth to a character who seems to just be a fairly shallow joke on the surface

astrid and sothe have a really neat one, not sure how known that one is but it's a fairly interesting one that tells a pretty good amount about both of them, sothe especially

lukas and python have a good one that less people have seen due to it only being in the DLC, but it touches a lot on lukas' almost complete lack of emotions in a similar way to his support with clive, but with a way that's a lot more personal to him

ewan invents the internet in his A support with dozla so that's the best support

Edited by unique

Tharja and Vaike includes this gem:

Vaike: Waaait. Are you implyin' I'm stupid? 'Cause if you are, you're WRONG!
Tharja: Evidence suggests otherwise.
Vaike: Oh, he does, does he?! Well, I'm gonna find this Evidence fella and give him what for!

Natasha and Knoll, if I recall correctly, have a cool discussion about fate and free will, as well as the origins of dark magic. I always found that one rather interesting.

2 hours ago, unique said:

hector and serra have a good one that explains a lot about serra's character without outright saying it

I just read that one online. Wow. I did not expect that.

Tauroneo and Rolf in PoR. Reveals really cool details about Tauroneo and makes him so likeable. Yet I doubt many people look at this support because one, hardly anyone uses Rolf, and two, I don't think many people use Tauroneo either, especially if they trained up Gatrie (or Brom) real well.

Kieran and Rhys in PoR too. Kieran actually learns something here and develops a bit! Also shows how hilarious he typically is. lol

And pretty much any of Frederick's supports in Awakening aside from C-A with Sumia (S support is nice though). I don't see many people even use Frederick much, let alone get his supports, but I'm not such a huge fangirl of his for nothing. <3 I love him so much for having so many good supports and so many cool details to find out about him! And as a bonus, he's totally hot. x3

I've mentioned this before, but I really like Kent and Farina's support. It leans very heavily on the fourth wall, which always makes me laugh. I love their dynamic, too :)

There are more, but this is the first one that comes to mind for me whenever this is asked ^.^

On 2017-07-31 at 8:21 PM, SullyMcGully said:

Virion and Panne: I felt like Awakening was sorely lacking in supports that built up on the backstory instead of being centered around combining each character's quirks. This support is kind of cool because it tells us a lot about Virion's past before his grand exposition in Chapter 12. It shows Virion's "leader" side, which we don't get to see very often. 

Lon'qu and Gregor: This also builds on the backstory, while giving us a look at Gregor's hidden strength and wisdom. Now if there was only a Gregor/Basilio convo out there..

I agree with these. Virion is one of my favorite characters in the series even if he should've had a bigger main story focus and can be a total ass in his supports. Gregor also has consistently good supports even though you might think he's just a joke character at first because of the way he talks.