Salutations, people of Serenes Forest!

Hello all who are reading my introduction! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

I am a fellow fan of Fire Emblem games! I have played Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and Shadows of Valentia. I also started up The Blazing Blade a long while ago, but I never finished it due to some unforeseen circumstances. I hope to finish it and play more other Fire Emblem games - after I finish up some other games.

Although I am a socially awkward shut-in (probably cringe-like to some) and introverted, I wish to break free from my fears and talk to others more. I must broaden my social circle beyond my three cats and my family! Or at least, some people tell me to... hahaha...

If you'd like to know more, feel free to read my About Me, or just ask!

Thank you for taking your time to read my introduction. You are the best! And I hope you have a pleasant day, night, noon, and eve.

Good morrow!

Edited by duchesschrysanthemum
I made a couple of errors - I wrote as though The Blazing Blade were two games... o.o

Oh, a new person, let's just read their About Me aND RULER OF NOTHING?! I HAVE FOUND YOU AT LAST, MANSEXXEMNAS! GIVE BACK THE WAit…(Notices name and checks Gender Entered)…Uh…I mean…er…n-never mind...

In all seriousness, though, welcome! Don't worry about the whole socially awkward thing - I have the same issue to a slightly smaller degree(I don't see any professionals or have cats and instead talk to people inside a neat little room in my head because…I don't actually remember why it started like that, now that I think about it, but same basic issue, you hopefully get the idea), but you'd almost certainly never tell looking at any online profile of mine or if you asked my coworkers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here like that.

Let's see…what was next on the list? "Obligatory Introductory Background Check Question - Randomly selected through 20d6" …Huh. Don't remember writing that on there. Eh, anyways…

You say you are a gamer(places tips of fingers together and leans forward as glasses white-out and voice deepens in epic but generic anime fashion). Perhaps you'd like to clarify a bit - consoles played, genre of choice, favorite non-Fire Emblem series - you know, the basics.

Welcome to Airport 1001! Remember to wake that slugabed up!

Do your cats get where they don't belong? Also, what other games and game series have you played?

Welcome to the Forest, Duchess Chrysanthemum!

3 hours ago, duchesschrysanthemum said:

Thank you for taking your time to read my introduction. You are the best! And I hope you have a pleasant day, night, noon, and eve.

No no, thank you for introducing yourself.

Have a nice day too and enjoy your stay!

Edited by Ycine

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Oh, a new person, let's just read their About Me aND RULER OF NOTHING?! I HAVE FOUND YOU AT LAST, MANSEXXEMNAS! GIVE BACK THE WAit…(Notices name and checks Gender Entered)…Uh…I mean…er…n-never mind...

In all seriousness, though, welcome! Don't worry about the whole socially awkward thing - I have the same issue to a slightly smaller degree(I don't see any professionals or have cats and instead talk to people inside a neat little room in my head because…I don't actually remember why it started like that, now that I think about it, but same basic issue, you hopefully get the idea), but you'd almost certainly never tell looking at any online profile of mine or if you asked my coworkers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here like that.

Let's see…what was next on the list? "Obligatory Introductory Background Check Question - Randomly selected through 20d6" …Huh. Don't remember writing that on there. Eh, anyways…

You say you are a gamer(places tips of fingers together and leans forward as glasses white-out and voice deepens in epic but generic anime fashion). Perhaps you'd like to clarify a bit - consoles played, genre of choice, favorite non-Fire Emblem series - you know, the basics.

My apologies, I did not mean the Nothing from Kingdom Hearts... Truth be told, I only know of a couple things from Kingdom Hearts from a friend that loves the series. A playthrough of at least one is certainly in my future!

Yes, I believe social awkwardness is the fate of many such as you and me. The unfortunate reality... :(

I believe I qualify as a gamer! Various titles of games I've enjoyed are; Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Shin Megami Tensei IV - although haven't finished it for reasons, I just know about the endings, all of the Dragon Age series, some Final Fantasy games - 7 and Type 0 are my favourites as of now, Undertale, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker - they are my favourite of the Zelda games I've played, Persona 5 which I'm still playing, some Ace Attorney games, Fantasy Life and the latest Hitman. I also really enjoyed the otome Mystic Messenger, and Gakuen Handsome... But I'm unsure if the latter counts as an otome game. I think one of my all time favourite games is the Miles Edgeworth: Investigations; I had so much fun playing that game!

These are a few of the games I've enjoyed that come to mind - what about you?

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Welcome to Airport 1001! Remember to wake that slugabed up!

Do your cats get where they don't belong? Also, what other games and game series have you played?

Oh gosh, I think the word slugabed perfectly applies to who I am as a person. Perhaps it was created for me?

One of my cats has the habit of going behind or on top of my fridge, jumping behind my television, sitting on my laptop or phone, sleeping on my clothes, jumping onto really high wall mounts (I always become worried she'll hurt herself because the mounts are high up my wall!)... I believe this proves she is a cat that goes to places she doesn't belong. My daredevil kitty needs to be more careful sometimes! :,(

By the way, that link to the blog in your signature is exactly what I needed in my life!

I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting my favourite games from a comment I made earlier.

Various titles of games I've enjoyed are; Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Shin Megami Tensei IV - although haven't finished it for reasons, I just know about the endings, all of the Dragon Age series, some Final Fantasy games - 7 and Type 0 are my favourites as of now, Undertale, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker - they are my favourite of the Zelda games I've played, Persona 5 which I'm still playing, some Ace Attorney games, Fantasy Life, and the latest Hitman. I also really enjoyed the otome Mystic Messenger, and Gakuen Handsome... But I'm unsure if the latter counts as an otome game. I think one of my all time favourite games is the Miles Edgeworth: Investigations; I had so much fun playing that game!

What are some of your favourite games?

20 hours ago, duchesschrysanthemum said:

My apologies, I did not mean the Nothing from Kingdom Hearts... Truth be told, I only know of a couple things from Kingdom Hearts from a friend that loves the series. A playthrough of at least one is certainly in my future!

Yeah, sorry, I don't take things seriously enough at least a third of the time. The 7 closest things to tips I can give you for Kingdom Hearts are:

• You can push the boulder in front of the last Mushroom on Destiny Islands in KH1 just by holding the control stick in the direction of the boulder while standing right next to said boulder. I did not know this fact, gave up on the stupid Mushroom and got at least halfway through every other KH game except Birth By Sleep and Chain Of Memories before finally coming back and getting off the Destiny Islands for the first time.
  • Ansem is not Ansem. Xehanort is not Xehanort. Incidentally, Xehanort anagrammed minus the Recusant's Sigil becomes either Another or No Heart.
  • There's a reason why Roxas looks like Ventus and V˙‰,†ıi9 like Sora.('glitched' word is intentional to prevent spoilers)
  • Start with Chain Of Memories. If you can handle the retarded gameplay for more than ten minutes, switch to the series proper and come back to Chain Of Memories after playing KH1 but right in the middle of playing 358/2 Days because that's where it is in the storyline. It makes sense eventually…I think.
  • DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THE NUMBER FOURTEEN. THIS IS IMPERATIVE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF YOUR FEELS.
  • Expect things in certain games to only make sense once you've played other games. This also applies to KH1 because Nomura is a douche we don't know.
  • There is literally only one flavor of Ice Cream in the entire universe. Do not ask the forbidden question(why is there only one?), for the punishment is death.

Did I mention I have difficulty taking things seriously? Also if you live in Utah I can lend you a copy of Days because I have three so I can play Multiplayer without anyone else playing with me owning the game so it's not like I really need to keep track of them. Also FREKIN TOYSTORY WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG?!

As for social awkwardness, the truth is humans are inferior to a lot of things for interactions - cats, fighting games, freaking lunch meat, etc. - but they still need gamers for their information needs when it comes to stuff you have to go out of the way of the main story to learn and thus Jyosua created Serenes Forest.

Hmm, an impressive beginning lineup for gaming. Devil Survivor and SMT are series that I've been contemplating looking into. What kind of games are they - as in, what kind of gameplay could I expect?

To begin the answer, my brother and I have both played every generation of Pokemon from 1 to 6(Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, X, Y, AlphaSapphire) except 5.5(Black2/White2). I've played Moon, he quit after X and Y saying everything was done for now that we had a mystical reindeer fairy for a Legendary(and after Yveltal broke the TCG). To answer the favorite question, I liek Mudkipz but Jirachi is adorable too and I want one. I've beaten Awakening, all three Fates paths, and Echoes, am currently working on Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon and am currently an active player of both Heroes and Fire Emblem Cipher, the TCG. Also beaten both Azure Striker Gunvolt games along with Megaman Zero, and occasionally go back and beat Megaman 2 every now and then for the heck of it. HUGE fan of the Project Diva series, so I play those, and of course Smash Bros., Melee and Sm4sh to be specific but if anyone wants to go in Brawl I'm game. Double Dash is the best Mario Kart, btw. Interested in other fighting games, but don't play many due to lack of consoles available. I do dabble in Arcana Heart 3, though. I'm generally a defensive player in most of these games, with a real love of Units with both Aegis and Pavise and an unhealthy obsession with Counter as Celestia can attest.

The rest of the intro: I write things, there are people in my head, and I still buy LEGOs despite being 'too old' according to lots of people. Shut up, Ninjago is awesome.

Anyways, I'mma stop before someone makes me using a machete. Feel free to PM me for questions regarding any of the games I mentioned above or about writing stuff!

On 8/1/2017 at 3:58 AM, duchesschrysanthemum said:

Oh gosh, I think the word slugabed perfectly applies to who I am as a person. Perhaps it was created for me?

One of my cats has the habit of going behind or on top of my fridge, jumping behind my television, sitting on my laptop or phone, sleeping on my clothes, jumping onto really high wall mounts (I always become worried she'll hurt herself because the mounts are high up my wall!)... I believe this proves she is a cat that goes to places she doesn't belong. My daredevil kitty needs to be more careful sometimes! :,(

By the way, that link to the blog in your signature is exactly what I needed in my life!

I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting my favourite games from a comment I made earlier.

Various titles of games I've enjoyed are; Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Shin Megami Tensei IV - although haven't finished it for reasons, I just know about the endings, all of the Dragon Age series, some Final Fantasy games - 7 and Type 0 are my favourites as of now, Undertale, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker - they are my favourite of the Zelda games I've played, Persona 5 which I'm still playing, some Ace Attorney games, Fantasy Life, and the latest Hitman. I also really enjoyed the otome Mystic Messenger, and Gakuen Handsome... But I'm unsure if the latter counts as an otome game. I think one of my all time favourite games is the Miles Edgeworth: Investigations; I had so much fun playing that game!

What are some of your favourite games?

Heh. Your kitty's a reckless one, huh?

As for games I've liked, they include, but aren't limited to:

Pokemon, Rune Factory (own all the games), Zelda (I've played quite a few of them), Hyrule Warriors/Legends, Kingdom Hearts (again, I've played quite a few of the games), Super Smash Bros., Stella Glow, Trinity Universe, Resonance of Fate, Atelier (I own just about every US released game in the series), Final Fantasy (the latest I happen to own is 10, via the remaster that came out on PS3 - I haven't gotten around to playing it yet), Bravely Default, Project X Zone (and PXZ2), and... well, there's more, but I might bore you if I go on.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:59 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, sorry, I don't take things seriously enough at least a third of the time. The 7 closest things to tips I can give you for Kingdom Hearts are:

• You can push the boulder in front of the last Mushroom on Destiny Islands in KH1 just by holding the control stick in the direction of the boulder while standing right next to said boulder. I did not know this fact, gave up on the stupid Mushroom and got at least halfway through every other KH game except Birth By Sleep and Chain Of Memories before finally coming back and getting off the Destiny Islands for the first time.
  • Ansem is not Ansem. Xehanort is not Xehanort. Incidentally, Xehanort anagrammed minus the Recusant's Sigil becomes either Another or No Heart.
  • There's a reason why Roxas looks like Ventus and V˙‰,†ıi9 like Sora.('glitched' word is intentional to prevent spoilers)
  • Start with Chain Of Memories. If you can handle the retarded gameplay for more than ten minutes, switch to the series proper and come back to Chain Of Memories after playing KH1 but right in the middle of playing 358/2 Days because that's where it is in the storyline. It makes sense eventually…I think.
  • DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THE NUMBER FOURTEEN. THIS IS IMPERATIVE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF YOUR FEELS.
  • Expect things in certain games to only make sense once you've played other games. This also applies to KH1 because Nomura is a douche we don't know.
  • There is literally only one flavor of Ice Cream in the entire universe. Do not ask the forbidden question(why is there only one?), for the punishment is death.

Did I mention I have difficulty taking things seriously? Also if you live in Utah I can lend you a copy of Days because I have three so I can play Multiplayer without anyone else playing with me owning the game so it's not like I really need to keep track of them. Also FREKIN TOYSTORY WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG?!

As for social awkwardness, the truth is humans are inferior to a lot of things for interactions - cats, fighting games, freaking lunch meat, etc. - but they still need gamers for their information needs when it comes to stuff you have to go out of the way of the main story to learn and thus Jyosua created Serenes Forest.

Hmm, an impressive beginning lineup for gaming. Devil Survivor and SMT are series that I've been contemplating looking into. What kind of games are they - as in, what kind of gameplay could I expect?

To begin the answer, my brother and I have both played every generation of Pokemon from 1 to 6(Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, X, Y, AlphaSapphire) except 5.5(Black2/White2). I've played Moon, he quit after X and Y saying everything was done for now that we had a mystical reindeer fairy for a Legendary(and after Yveltal broke the TCG). To answer the favorite question, I liek Mudkipz but Jirachi is adorable too and I want one. I've beaten Awakening, all three Fates paths, and Echoes, am currently working on Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon and am currently an active player of both Heroes and Fire Emblem Cipher, the TCG. Also beaten both Azure Striker Gunvolt games along with Megaman Zero, and occasionally go back and beat Megaman 2 every now and then for the heck of it. HUGE fan of the Project Diva series, so I play those, and of course Smash Bros., Melee and Sm4sh to be specific but if anyone wants to go in Brawl I'm game. Double Dash is the best Mario Kart, btw. Interested in other fighting games, but don't play many due to lack of consoles available. I do dabble in Arcana Heart 3, though. I'm generally a defensive player in most of these games, with a real love of Units with both Aegis and Pavise and an unhealthy obsession with Counter as Celestia can attest.

The rest of the intro: I write things, there are people in my head, and I still buy LEGOs despite being 'too old' according to lots of people. Shut up, Ninjago is awesome.

Anyways, I'mma stop before someone makes me using a machete. Feel free to PM me for questions regarding any of the games I mentioned above or about writing stuff!

Thank you for the advice on Kingdom Hearts! I'm looking forward to trying it soon.

SMT has reoccuring units (referred to as demons) that you recruit or create to fight for you. It's something like a Pokemon game, but darker in tone. Most demons have really neat lore surrounding them - it's always fascinating to read about them in my opinion. I'd recommend trying one of the games out.

You have a cool lineup of favourite games! :D It's always neat to hear what opinions and thoughts someone other than yourself has to say.

Thanks for talking to me!

On 8/4/2017 at 10:19 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Heh. Your kitty's a reckless one, huh?

As for games I've liked, they include, but aren't limited to:

Pokemon, Rune Factory (own all the games), Zelda (I've played quite a few of them), Hyrule Warriors/Legends, Kingdom Hearts (again, I've played quite a few of the games), Super Smash Bros., Stella Glow, Trinity Universe, Resonance of Fate, Atelier (I own just about every US released game in the series), Final Fantasy (the latest I happen to own is 10, via the remaster that came out on PS3 - I haven't gotten around to playing it yet), Bravely Default, Project X Zone (and PXZ2), and... well, there's more, but I might bore you if I go on.

Indeed she is! And it's gosh darn adorable... Heeheehee.

You have a neat lineup of games! Your reply has reminded me to look into Bravely Default and Second, along with Rune Factory. I wanted to check them out, at some point, but I forgot to until now. D:

Thanks for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 7:15 PM, duchesschrysanthemum said:

Indeed she is! And it's gosh darn adorable... Heeheehee.

You have a neat lineup of games! Your reply has reminded me to look into Bravely Default and Second, along with Rune Factory. I wanted to check them out, at some point, but I forgot to until now. D:

Thanks for your reply!

No problem. Sorry for keeping you waiting for a long time on the reply front.