Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

IMG_1974.JPG.3a878e14e270900f32e8ded84e8a7dd5.JPG

Yep

I'm personally quite happy about Cordelia in the game. What about you guys.

Also, keep in mind, this is just a preview. The full Famitsu issue will be out on the 3rd of this month.

Edited by Azz

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

Is female Robin a costume? She seems to be in the exact same pose as in this picture.
If so, wouldn't that confirm a male Corrin costume for his female counterpart?

Fire-Emblem-Warriors_2017_07-13-17_005.jpg_600.jpg

I don't think they would make this as big of an announcement if it was just a costume.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

I don't think they would make this as big of an announcement if it was just a costume.

It didn't seem like such a big announcement to me, Cordelia is clearly the main focus here while F!Robin seems like an extra.
Speaking of costumes, it'd be nice if they gave Cordelia one to represent Caeldori (and the same for Gaius and Tharja if they end up being playable)

Cordelia is great ,kinda expected, news.

Robin on the other hand is a mixed bag. I like Robin so I'm happy, however I hope she doesn't take up a character slot because judging by the screenshots she looks extremely similar to male robin.

1 minute ago, KaSlider said:

It didn't seem like such a big announcement to me, Cordelia is clearly the main focus here while F!Robin seems like an extra.
Speaking of costumes, it'd be nice if they gave Cordelia one to represent Caeldori (and the same for Gaius and Tharja if they end up being playable)

I suppose I should rephrase. I don't think they would show her this early if she were a custom. And I would think they would show her with other costumes if she were rather than an actual character.

However, I do kinda hope she is a costume since she'll probably be really similar to M!Robin.

Though neither of us can really know until the article is translated.

Well, at least there is a character that I'll enjoy shooting down (Cordelia).

I'm not super upset by either, and while it wouldn't be my choice I'm not super upset if the game is really Awakening focused. But, please show us some love from the other games, too.

Female Robin is a nice extra costume choice so no complaint there.

Cordelia making it in isn't very surprising. I just hope her inclusion doesn't mean that Ceada is getting the boot from the game since I'd say she'd be a better fit in the story then Cordelia who's mostly just kind of there in Awakening.

F Robin could be a nice extra costume but if she's a completely separate character it would be a wasted slot that could have gone to a character not already in the game.

I always knew Cordelia would make it in. I don't mind.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I was gonna say "LOL, both male versions of the Avatar have been shafted" but then i remembered that Male Robin was already confirmed. Cordelia is nice. Still waiting on Caeda tho. Or the Whitewings. Or literally any other Shadow Dragon character who isn't Marth, as he's the only Shadow Dragon character in the game so far.

So does this mean Male Corrin is also in the game, potentially?

Edited by Armagon

Female Robin is a pleasant surprise, woohoo! :D Yay, I like Cordelia too! I hope this doesn't kill Hinoka's chances though.

And speaking of which, can we have some new people that AREN'T from Awakening?

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Rodriguezjr said:

I find Cordelia pretty surprising. Wasn't so sure she was going to make it in, but I'm glad she's announced. As for Female Robin, I'm wondering if she's an alt to the male counterpart?

That looks to be the case given male Robin is pictured underneath her and she's striking a similar pose to a male Robin screenshot. I don't mind though, it means I can have even more fun by doing OTP shenanigans! Freddy and female Robin shall fight together as a couple once again! (sort of. lol)

I'm really glad I checked here. Just woke up to put my dog outside now and got the first sign of info consistency. Looking forward to bi-weekly updates from here on. 

F!Robin? Looks like we're one step closer to customization options being present in-game (along with M!Corrin). Cordelia isn't really a surprise to me, her popularity pretty much carries her everywhere.

Generally speaking, we should be getting 2-3 more characters shown once scans drop tomorrow. Assuming it's more Awakening characters, who do you all think got in? My bets are on Tharja and Gaius, with maybe Gangrel getting teased as well.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

I dunno who else I'd hope for from Awakening, as my three biggest wants are now in (Freddy, female Robin, and Cordelia). So it doesn't matter to me. Panne would be nice, I guess, for a shapeshifter that isn't a dragon.

Really excited for Cordelia, but as for female Robin I'm neutral. I just hope she doesn't take up a character slot if she ends up being similar to male Robin. I'm hoping she's a costume but we'll just have to see.

On another note, we'll still need to wait for clearer pics from Famitsu, but there is one part under Cordelia that says "A route that only Pegasus Knights can take." So looks like Flying units in this game as well can take shortcuts and go through other areas that grounded units can't. 

Edited by Torii

15 minutes ago, Torii said:

Really excited for Cordelia, but as for female Robin I'm mixed. I just hope she doesn't take up a character slot if she ends up being similar to male Robin. Im hoping she's a costume but we'll just have to see (though for some reason I have a feeling she isn't).

On another note, we'll still need to wait for clearer pics from Famitsu, but there is one part under Cordelia that says "A route that only Pegasus Knights can take." So looks like Flying units in this game as well can take shortcuts and go through other areas that grounded units can't. 

I wonder if the opposite would also occur; passages for ground units only like tunnels or gateways. It'd be a good way to add some slight vertical elements to the maps without having parts truly overlap (which as far as I can tell is avoided in Musou games)

So that makes two of the summer scramble characters playable; think it's safe to say that Gaius and especially Tharja are a lock.

4 minutes ago, DIO said:

It'd be a good way to add some slight vertical elements to the maps without having parts truly overlap (which as far as I can tell is avoided in Musou games)

Samurai Warriors, especially 2, had castles that had multiple floors that needed to be scoured on-foot, but besides that, I can't really think of much else.

Come to think of it, Samurai Warriors 2 had a ton of interesting maps. I hope FEW takes some pointers from that.

I honestly don't see Gaius getting in, because he'd just be another swordsman with nothing special to him besides popularity. Don't we already have 8 or 9 swordies? Tharja and Cordelia use dark magic and lances so they make sense, but there's better picks than Gaius who couldn't really add anything. Popularity may be a factor, but when the character likely wouldn't be unique/add anything unique, there's no point in adding them. The Awakening trio is real popular but the general consensus is they aren't getting in. Imo if we were to get an Awakening swordie it'd be Gangrel because he would be unique in being some type of spellblade with the Levin Sword.

4 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I honestly don't see Gaius getting in, because he'd just be another swordsman with nothing special to him besides popularity. Don't we already have 8 or 9 swordies? Tharja and Cordelia use dark magic and lances so they make sense, but there's better picks than Gaius who couldn't really add anything. Popularity may be a factor, but when the character likely wouldn't be unique/add anything unique, there's no point in adding them. The Awakening trio is real popular but the general consensus is they aren't getting in. Imo if we were to get an Awakening swordie it'd be Gangrel because he would be unique in being some type of spellblade with the Levin Sword.

Hidden Weapons; retroactively giving the thief a set of daggers would go a long way to avoiding giving Awakening another sword type character. Besides that, having a character focused on sabotaging enemies via debuffs or infiltrating key parts of the map would be an interesting angle to take IMO.

I haven't seen any consensus about the trio not getting in, especially if they could be implemented as representatives of Valla with costumes based on their Awakening appearances.