Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Camilla fights in a bikini too. I hate these character designs. I'm not against fanservice as a whole, I only hate it when it's done this way. Forced and in your face and being prioritized over good design and quality.

I'm fine with female Corrin's design, but not her Nohr promotion. She ends up in a bikini with boobs flaunted around too.

I'm not against fanservice either, but the way Fates handled it like it was something like they thought that's everything fans wanted. They probably thought that since Tharja was so popular, they had to go for that, and thought any busty girl they put in should be flashed. Or just any girls in general. The weird thing is that apart from Kagero, the Hoshidan side have modest dresses for girls. Is IS trying to imply something there?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm not against fanservice either, but the way Fates handled it like it was something like they thought that's everything fans wanted. They probably thought that since Tharja was so popular, they had to go for that, and thought any busty girl they put in should be flashed. Or just any girls in general. The weird thing is that apart from Kagero, the Hoshidan side have modest dresses for girls. Is IS trying to imply something there?

Yeah, I agree completely. Why was Hoshido so much more modest? Do they think western females like going around like that and that only they should do so? Because no, there are actually a lot of us who object to being objectified like that.

Though the modesty is a reason I prefer Hoshido designs more.

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Not exactly the same person.

As far as the main story of Awakening was concerned, they were. They had the same general personality, views, etc regardless of gender. The only change occurred during some support conversations. Fire Emblem Warriors likely will not reference their personality differences at all, even in support conversations, having everything identical except for pronouns used regarding them. Then it's down purely to choice.

As another reason I hope it's just gender alts, I REALLY don't want to level up what is essentially the same character twice..I also do not want to have to play male Robin (or Corrin) at all if I do not have to.

In addition, Hyrule Warriors had different incarnations of Link & Zelda as alternate costumes and they were much more different from one another then the two Robins or Corrins are, particularly the Zeldas.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Camilla fights in a bikini too. I hate these character designs. I'm not against fanservice as a whole, I only hate it when it's done this way. Forced and in your face and being prioritized over good design and quality.

I'm fine with female Corrin's design, but not her Nohr promotion. She ends up in a bikini with boobs flaunted around too.

I honestly love those designs myself and would adore dressing in such outfits. Even disregarding the fanservicy/revealing designs, I just like the aesthetic. 

Granted, I'm also a lesbian, so I like sexy (and cute) women too.

I do hope we get to choose if Corrin goes Nohr Noble or Hoshido Noble though (and possible use either as a costume option later on)

Edited by Deva Ashera

5 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

As another reason I hope it's just gender alts, I REALLY don't want to level up what is essentially the same character twice..I also do not want to have to play male Robin (or Corrin) at all if I do not have to.

Pretty much this. I want to stick with just the female Avatars.

And fine if you like those aesthetics, but would you really go into BATTLE dressed like that?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I honestly love those designs myself and would adore dressing in such outfits. Even disregarding the fanservicy/revealing designs, I just like the aesthetic. 

I do hope we get to choose if Corrin goes Nohr Noble or Hoshido Noble though (and possible use either as a costume option later on)

I can understand if there's an appeal or such, but the issue here is that they're fighting a WAR. Real battles, where they can die. And rather than be geared up for protection in mind, we have girls that leave themselves exposed. It's highly unconventional and downright unlikely. Furthermore, the mounted units, yeah, it's impossible for one to have their legs exposed. In fact, you need to put more down there if anything. 

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree completely. Why was Hoshido so much more modest? Do they think western females like going around like that and that only they should do so? Because no, there are actually a lot of us who object to being objectified like that.

Though the modesty is a reason I prefer Hoshido designs more.

But in exchange, we get a large serving of bland characters. 

3 hours ago, Iridium said:

I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia in the first place. She has her fans, so I can accept her inclusion, but considering that Caeda is literally the second character that comes to mind from Archanea and has a signature lance (although I guess they could send her down the sword route because Heroes?????) I'm not really sure what she adds.

If female Robin is an alternate appearance, then great, that makes sense. While I wouldn't really mind sacrificing her if it means male Corrin's awful design ceases to exist, she never did anything wrong and I bear no ill will against her. If, on the other hand, she's being portrayed as another character... well, that's pretty much padding in its purest form, and I'm not really sure how anyone can defend it. They're literally the same character except for their anatomy, sexuality, and supports with Chrom/Lon'qu, of which none are remotely important in a game involving fighting.

but if she could be still unique then why not just use morgan or celica or mae or sonya or delthea or christ just have some fun with owain and make him a fe13 dread fighter to reference both of his classes at once

robin is nowhere near interesting enough to need to be on the roster twice compared to what literally any other character with his/her weapon combination would provide

Um, all of the second gen supports are different between them, and when that's the primary means of building character, that means a lot.

9 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

As far as the main story of Awakening was concerned, they were. They had the same general personality, views, etc regardless of gender. The only change occurred during some support conversations. Fire Emblem Warriors likely will not reference their personality differences at all, even in support conversations, having everything identical except for pronouns used regarding them. Then it's down purely to choice.

In addition, Hyrule Warriors had different incarnations of Link & Zelda as alternate costumes and they were much more different from one another then the two Robins or Corrins are, particularly the Zeldas.

I never said they weren't similar, but if they were the exact same person, they would act the same and generally say the same thing all the time, but they don't.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I can understand if there's an appeal or such, but the issue here is that they're fighting a WAR. Real battles, where they can die. And rather than be geared up for protection in mind, we have girls that leave themselves exposed. It's highly unconventional and downright unlikely. Furthermore, the mounted units, yeah, it's impossible for one to have their legs exposed. In fact, you need to put more down there if anything. 

This. And not all females like me want to go around in her underwear either. I'd rather wear pants or a long skirt/dress. In fact, if I didn't think it'd look weird in public, I'd dress as neatly as Frederick all the time if I could (except when I feel like wearing a gaming t-shirt of course).

If I could play as a female Avatar in FE that wore pants like female Robin does, YAY. Though her poofy pants are a bit silly. Still, I'll take them over just underwear any day. Especially if I want a mount, which I do. Preferably a Pegasus or horse. My female Robin was reclassed to Dark Flier as quickly as I could get her (would've been Falcon Knight, but I prefer tomes over staves. I still wish Falcon Knights would go back to be lances/swords). I like to imagine her Pegasus's name is Twilight (NOT after the book/movie series, after the MLP character, Twilight Sparkle).

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Tell me about it...

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Orochi was fairly revealing and Rinkah's showing her midriff. But besides that, I guess it's the whole "foreign fanservice" trope in action.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Orochi was fairly revealing and Rinkah's showing her midriff. But besides that, I guess it's the whole "foreign fanservice" trope in action.

Rinkah isn't going around in a bikini though, nor are her boobs hanging out. Plus, she's a barbarian-like class. They always don't wear much regardless of gender.

The only problem I have with Orochi's design is her ass crack being shown in her battle model.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Personal opinion, and this getting kinda off-topic: I'll give you Setsuna, but I actually thought most Hoshidan characters had endearing personalities. The localization cut down on a lot of nuance, but I found myself able to engage with them better on the whole. They are a little more subtle, and I do admit the supports left more to the imagination (ie. the writers wanted us to do their job for them), but in contrast a great many Nohrians were just too over the top for me. No, I don't just mean Peri and Localized!Effie, but there were very few I could accept as actual people and not comic figures. I don't really count the Awakening trio btw since they already came pre-developed (with some more depth added at least).

Back on topic: I wonder if we will get any other fliers besides Pegasi and (probably) wyverns. Would be nice to fly on a Kinshi or Griffin, but those aren't really signature classes for anyone, so I doubt it.

Edited by Nanima

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. And not all females like me want to go around in her underwear either. I'd rather wear pants or a long skirt/dress. In fact, if I didn't think it'd look weird in public, I'd dress as neatly as Frederick all the time if I could (except when I feel like wearing a gaming t-shirt of course).

If I could play as a female Avatar in FE that wore pants like female Robin does, YAY. Though her poofy pants are a bit silly. Still, I'll take them over just underwear any day. Especially if I want a mount, which I do. Preferably a Pegasus or horse. My female Robin was reclassed to Dark Flier as quickly as I could get her (would've been Falcon Knight, but I prefer tomes over staves. I still wish Falcon Knights would go back to be lances/swords). I like to imagine her Pegasus's name is Twilight (NOT after the book/movie series, after the MLP character, Twilight Sparkle).

That's the thing. Why would they make most of the Hoshidans wear modest clothing (apart from Kagero and Orochi's boobs), but the Nohrians wear immodest ones? Is this to further display that Nohr is evil and Hoshido is pure? Is this supposed to represent the sin of lust or something? And this isn't limited to girls. You saw the axe fighters. One guy called them the axe fighter in assless chaps. 

Awakening didn't have nearly as much fanservice, though there were some that made no sense, like how Cherche has nothing covering her back, which is a very improbable thing to do. I don't see Pegasus Knights going back to swords in the normal Fire Emblem games anymore though.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Personal opinion, and this getting kinda off-topic: I'll give you Setsuna, but I actually thought most Hoshidan characters had endearing personalities. The localization cut down on a lot of nuance, but I found myself able to engage with them better on the whole. They are a little more subtle, and I do admit the supports left more to the imagination (ie. the writers wanted us to do their job for them), but in contrast a great many Nohrians were just too over the top for me. No, I don't just mean Peri and Localized!Effie, but there were very few I could accept as actual people and not comic figures. I don't really count the Awakening trio btw since they already came pre-developed (with some more depth added at least).

Back on topic: I wonder if we will get any other fliers besides Pegasi and (probably) wyverns. Would be nice to fly on a Kinshi or Griffin, but those aren't really final classes for anyone, so I doubt it.

I'm not saying that all Hoshidans are bad. Some had their moments. But most aren't that memorable. I can barely remember anything about Hinata (isn't that a girl's name?), or about some of the other Hoshidans. Yes, some Nohrians are terrible as well, as I cannot enjoy Peri at all. Anyone that calls her a Henry 2.0 is insulting Henry. The Awakening trio shouldn't count for good reason. 

I have high doubts on Kinshi Knights and Griffon. 

I hate the Griffon Rider class as it's by far the worst class in Awakening, and Kinshi Knights in the "canonical" sense would only be reserved to Reina.

That's the thing. Why would they make most of the Hoshidans wear modest clothing (apart from Kagero and Orochi's boobs), but the Nohrians wear immodest ones? Is this to further display that Nohr is evil and Hoshido is pure? Is this supposed to represent the sin of lust or something? And this isn't limited to girls. You saw the axe fighters. One guy called them the axe fighter in assless chaps. 

Awakening didn't have nearly as much fanservice, though there were some that made no sense, like how Cherche has nothing covering her back, which is a very improbable thing to do. I don't see Pegasus Knights going back to swords in the normal Fire Emblem games anymore though.

Yeah, look at Odin too. Wtf even IS that kind of outfit?

I felt like there was little reason to really pick Nohr over Hoshido even if Corrin grew up in the former. IS should've done a better job at painting both nations with equally good and bad qualities. I even wonder if they thought "oh, boobs might be enough for plenty" for Nohr.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, look at Odin too. Wtf even IS that kind of outfit?

I felt like there was little reason to really pick Nohr over Hoshido even if Corrin grew up in the former. IS should've done a better job at painting both nations with equally  good and bad qualities. I even wonder if they thought "oh, boobs might be enough for plenty."

Actually, if we get down to it, there's a reason that either side choosing CAN make sense. Corrin choosing Hoshido doesn't come down to family, but rather down to why he SHOULDN'T go back to Nohr. Garon tried to have Corrin be killed by Hans, gave him a sword that blew up and killed Mikoto. And Corrin remembering what Garon did to Sumeragi only makes Corrin realize that he shouldn't go back to the arms of a madman. Hence why Corrin doesn't mention family in the conversation in choosing Hoshido, but rather how Garon was evil. Whereas choosing Nohr has Corrin talking about how Nohr has been his family for as long as he could remember. 

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And fine if you like those aesthetics, but would you really go into BATTLE dressed like that?

I would..but I care more about aesthetics then function..so I'm kind of an idiot lol

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's part of the suspension of disbelief you have to afford video games, anime, etc..kinda like how most versions of Link or Mario aren't really dressed for battle either.

It's not really like having a thin cloth over calves would protect much anyway, so it's irrelevant and down to a character's seeming personal preference and culture..and that just kinda seems to be Nohr's female clothing/armor from a cultural standpoint since Hoshidan units didn't dress like that.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Um, all of the second gen supports are different between them, and when that's the primary means of building character, that means a lot.

I never said they weren't similar, but if they were the exact same person, they would act the same and generally say the same thing all the time, but they don't.

I did say outside of Support Conversations. In the MAIN story they have the same personality, views, etc and that will be what Tecmo Koei pulls from for both Robins (and Corrins) most likely, even in the new supports for Warriors. I don't any lines will be that different outside of pronouns so their minor differences don't matter, exactly like in Smash Bros.

In the game's main story, they DO act exactly the same. A few words or phrases may change slightly but their actions are ultimately identical in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, if we get down to it, there's a reason that either side choosing CAN make sense. Corrin choosing Hoshido doesn't come down to family, but rather down to why he SHOULDN'T go back to Nohr. Garon tried to have Corrin be killed by Hans, gave him a sword that blew up and killed Mikoto. And Corrin remembering what Garon did to Sumeragi only makes Corrin realize that he shouldn't go back to the arms of a madman. Hence why Corrin doesn't mention family in the conversation in choosing Hoshido, but rather how Garon was evil. Whereas choosing Nohr has Corrin talking about how Nohr has been his family for as long as he could remember. 

Yeah, but I felt like there were more good reasons to pick Hoshido than Nohr. There was the family thing for Nohr as you say, but that's it.

Yeah, but I felt like there were more good reasons to pick Hoshido than Nohr. There was the family thing for Nohr as you say, but that's it.

Exactly. That's all the loyalties that kept Corrin in Nohr. But it makes sense why one would return to Nohr for those feelings, since Corrin isn't all that mature. But the way the chapters had been handled were very poorly done. Moral grey was such a blur.

5 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I did say outside of Support Conversations. In the MAIN story they have the same personality, views, etc and that will be what Tecmo Koei pulls from for both Robins (and Corrins) most likely, even in the new supports for Warriors. I don't any lines will be that different outside of pronouns so their minor differences don't matter, exactly like in Smash Bros.

In the game's main story, they DO act exactly the same. A few words or phrases may change slightly but their actions are ultimately identical in the grand scheme of things.

I can see where you're coming from that they would only really care about the big picure, but as someone who's looked into this probably more than I should, there's more to them. Kind of like twins who were raised together and finish each other's sentences. It's the nuance which makes the difference. Shame they probably won't pay much attention to their extended personalities. That said, the manner of this reveal suggests she may play a story role which could be interesting. Robin vs. Robin would be pretty great I admit.

That's the thing. Why would they make most of the Hoshidans wear modest clothing (apart from Kagero and Orochi's boobs), but the Nohrians wear immodest ones? Is this to further display that Nohr is evil and Hoshido is pure? Is this supposed to represent the sin of lust or something?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I felt like there was little reason to really pick Nohr over Hoshido even if Corrin grew up in the former. IS should've done a better job at painting both nations with equally  good and bad qualities. I even wonder if they thought "oh, boobs might be enough for plenty."

I see this is the old "Hoshidan bias" topic.. While I certainly agree that Hoshido and Nohr were conceptualized from an Japanese point of view, I have two things to say to this. A) I know Americans aren't really used to it. But I have seen this over hundred times more often in Western games where "West" = good and Other = bad, or just less good. Not saying that the opposite is much better, but I don't really see this as a big reason to get put off when it's essentially harmless compared to other stuff I have seen. And B) Was this honestly to Hoshidos benefit? Certainly Conquest is a train-wreck writing wise, but the cast and country got a lot more development out of it. Hoshido is "the standard" and was basically left as "Feudal Japan with Pegasi and giant birds". Most of the characters didn't have much attention given to them. Meanwhile, everything interesting happens in Nohr and it's cast and siblings had more attention given to them. The resulting popularity has certainly gotten rid of any Hoshidan bias Intsys might have had. It's all Nohrians everywhere now when you look at Heroes.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

'm not saying that all Hoshidans are bad. Some had their moments. But most aren't that memorable. I can barely remember anything about Hinata (isn't that a girl's name?), or about some of the other Hoshidans. Yes, some Nohrians are terrible as well, as I cannot enjoy Peri at all. Anyone that calls her a Henry 2.0 is insulting Henry. The Awakening trio shouldn't count for good reason.

That depends on tastes I guess. I found Hinata (it's a gender neutral name, with the west just seeing more females with it) to be incredibly endearing with his undying loyalty to Takumi and endless admiration for someone who doesn't really fit into the traditional warrior values of Hoshido. Team Takumi has some really good chemistry between them honestly (mostly seen in the drama Cd), although I admit it wasn't really that visible in-game. He may not be the most memorable to you, but I liked him well enough. Again, personal taste.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I have high doubts on Kinshi Knights and Griffon. 

Rats. I mostly liked Griffon's for their concept and design. They are useable enough in Normal and Hard, which is all I ever played in Awakeing. Guess I'd just like to have some variety in flying mounts (or mounts in general I guess).

3 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

It's just more of that stupid "Corrin is a bad character because he tries to reduce casualties" nonsense that people throw at Corrin.

Its just amplified towards Male Corrin, because he's not as "hawt" as Female Corrin.

Personally, I find them both yummy.

Well I'm glad someone does for once.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Because I hate male Corrin.

I hate his face, I hate his voice, but more than anything I hate how he constantly got priority both in marketing and general conversation even after Kris and Robin were the same. I'm not exactly a fan of female Corrin either, but I was quite happy to see a female avatar character finally getting priority for this game.

Pretty sure F-Corrin is getting more P.R than at this point.

I would say your reaction is extreme but considering Corrin is more or less the most controversial Lord of the series I guess I can't really argue other than it's just extreme.

I still like his interaction with Azura is still well done.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Tell that to Conan the Barbarian & He-Man.

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

I'm glad someone is more open minded about the gender alt.

Your Zelda argument is sound but the reason why they could away with it was because the Zelda's franchise isn't rich with characters (except BoW, plz no spoilers). That & a lot people didn't exactly mind playing their favorite iteration of Link & Zelda.

One day Oni Link will return, one day........

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Pretty sure F-Corrin is getting more P.R than at this point.

I would say your reaction is extreme but considering Corrin is more or less the most controversial Lord of the series I guess I can't really argue other than it's just extreme.

Yeah, now she is. Finally. Not in the pre-Fates (and even post-Fates for a while) days. Probably only because of her extreme popularity over him.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yeah, now she is. Finally. Not in the pre-Fates (and even post-Fates for a while) days. Probably only because of her extreme popularity over him.

IIRC, she has her own figurine, I have yet to see any merchandise relating toward M-Corrin other than the standard he's in Fate.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

IIRC, she has her own figurine, I have yet to see any merchandise relating toward M-Corrin other than the standard he's in Fate.

Again, now. The figurine came due to her popularity.

Anyone else hoping this means we'll finally get a female Robin amiibo figure?

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I can see where you're coming from that they would only really care about the big picure, but as someone who's looked into this probably more than I should, there's more to them. Kind of like twins who were raised together and finish each other's sentences. It's the nuance which makes the difference. Shame they probably won't pay much attention to their extended personalities. That said, the manner of this reveal suggests she may play a story role which could be interesting. Robin vs. Robin would be pretty great I admit.

I wouldn't be opposed to both featured in the story, but with how f Robin features her with the same weapons and a near identical screenshot for m Robin, I really think she's an alt costume that will take male Robin's spot in cutscenes if she is selected.

10 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Another disappointment. This is shaping up to be Awakening 3D featuring Marth and the Fates royals. So much for being a celebration of the series like Treehouse claimed.

Have you been living under a rock or something? It's been said multiple times by numerous people that the roster is only going to be SD, Awakening and Fates characters.