Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

No hidden characters, a shame. The models for Cordy and Robin look nice though. Can't wait for the translation.

Just now, BlizzardWolf95 said:

No hidden characters, a shame. The models for Cordy and Robin look nice though. Can't wait for the translation.

Watching BlackKite on twitter like a hawk. So far, it's been confirmed that F!Robin doesn't appear in the main story and is only for freeplay/side modes (hasn't said if she's just an alt, but it looks preeetty likely).

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Watching BlackKite on twitter like a hawk. So far, it's been confirmed that F!Robin doesn't appear in the main story and is only for freeplay/side modes (hasn't said if she's just an alt, but it looks preeetty likely).

Not a surprise. 

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

From the looks of the convoy on the third FE page, there's no Dagger in the list, only Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Tomes, and Stones.

This kills chances for Jakob/Felicia/Kaze/Gaius, but Stones as a whole option for only Tiki? That seems odd to me. Nowi soft-confirmed?

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

From the looks of the convoy on the third FE page, there's no Dagger in the list, only Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Tomes, and Stones.

This kills chances for Jakob/Felicia/Kaze/Gaius, but Stones as a whole option for only Tiki? That seems odd to me. Nowi soft-confirmed?

...Don't do this. Please. Let it be Medeus or something.

Anyways, brief summary:
-F!Robin likely an alt, unavailable in story mode
-There are flier exclusive routes on maps
-Characters permanently retreat in Classic Mode-- still alive for story scenes and convos, but unable to be deployed
-Weapon attributes migrate over from Warriors proper
-Weapon Triangle is literally DW8's Storm Rush system (which we already knew from footage)
-You can tweak AI controlled character's tendencies as well as issue orders

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

...Don't do this. Please. Let it be Medeus or something.

Anyways, brief summary:
-F!Robin likely an alt, unavailable in story mode
-There are flier exclusive routes on maps
-Characters permanently retreat in Classic Mode-- still alive for story scenes and convos, but unable to be deployed
-Weapon attributes migrate over from Warriors proper
-Weapon Triangle is literally DW8's Storm Rush system (which we already knew from footage)
-You can tweak AI controlled character's tendencies as well as issue orders

Pegasus routes will be like Ninja routes from Samurai Warriors, I assume. Neat.

Classic mode actually sounds really cool. I wonder if there'll be character unlocks that'll be impossible in a playthrough if you lose someone early?

Issuing orders is awesome, one of my favorite parts of SW4. Makes a lot of special mission objectives so much easier.

41 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

We could also potentially get one of the beast units. Unlikely, but possible.

I'm actually not surprised at the lack of hidden weapons tbh. I can recall seeing a thief in I believe it was the French gameplay that wielded a sword, so yeah. This saddens me since I really wanted Julian, Gaius or Jakob in the game, but now that is looking less likely sadly. I guess I just should take solace in the fact Cordy is in the game.

Edited by Azz

11 minutes ago, Azz said:

We could also potentially get one of the beast units. Unlikely, but possible.

I'm actually not surprised at the lack of hidden weapons tbh. I can recall seeing a thief in I believe it was the French gameplay that wielded a sword, so yeah. This saddens me since I really wanted Julian, Gaius or Jakob in the game, but now that is looking less likely sadly. I guess I just should take solace in the fact Cordy is in the game.

I dunno, it would be strange seeing Julian/Gauis with knives anyway. Sword Julian still has an offshot, as does anyone required for the FE 3 finale.

-Edit- I would absolutely adore Panne

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Could also mean we'd get beastkin from Fates - the Wolfskin and Kitsune.  Not quite as likely as the Taguel, but you never know.  In either case, I'm sure it'd be interesting.

Also, some said cavaliers might not have any noticeable weaknesses.  While they would be fairly situational, rapiers, wing spears, and beastkilling weapons could be included to mitigate cavs.  You get an archer with a hunter's bow, and you get a disgusting advantage over any mounted units.  Or at least as much of an advantage as you can get in a Warriors game.

And no hidden weapons, eh?  Well, since it was mostly a Fates addition (I mean, technically started in the Tellius games, though they aren't thrown in those, nor do they include shuriken), I understand why it would be left out.  At most, they'd probably put in, like, three hidden weapon users (Kaze, Jakob/Felicia, and possibly one other if one of the former three aren't in).

I also think they'll go with a Beastkin unit as the second stone user if we get one. With the dragons, they either seem like they'd have too much overlap with Tiki (Nowi and Nah) and thus not stand out as much, or would overlap in terms of role with the Dragon OC (Medeus) and because of that I think they'd be overlooked for other characters and IS doesn't care about Bantu so he'd be overlooked by default . With the Beastkin, there would be no overlap to worry about as all three types bring a lot to the table in terms of moveset, and (in the case of the Fates) their popularity is high enough where they could be considered.

Personally, after seeing Jedi's list I would like to see a Wolfskin be a playable character since I feel they'd be the most fun to use, but I wouldn't mind seeing the other two either.

I'd be down for Keaton or Kaden, certainly. Definitely allow for a unique moveset.

What I wonder though, is if they'll be entirely transformed or they'll only be transformed for charge attacks/musous and have CQC for their normal string? The latter could actually be interesting-- Kaden having a smooth, flowing hand-to-hand style that harkens to the sleekness and speed of his kitsune form while Keaton could have a boxing/street fighting style to reflect the Wolfskin's focus on just hitting really hard.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Seriously? We can't play as her in the main story instead of male Robin? What bullshit. That's not fair to people who prefer female Robin.

Sigh... I was excited to get to use her too. Now I won't be, because there's no reason for it. I don't think I'll be doing many side modes.

I saw Frederick in one shot, but it wasn't a gameplay shot. Yet Cordelia got one. Figures he'd get shafted again. :(

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I wonder if they'll do the same thing with male Corrin that they did with Female Robin. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

That's practially what I'm thinking too. Female Corrin for the story, with the option of Male Corrin in other modes.

Not surprised to see F!Robin barred from being used in the story since M!Robin's there.

Hm... So only Sword, Lance, and Axe will affect the main weapon triangle. Sounds about right in terms of what I expected for this.

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? We can't play as her in the main story instead of male Robin? What bullshit. That's not fair to people who prefer female Robin.

Sigh... I was excited to get to use her too. Now I won't be, because there's no reason for it. I don't think I'll be doing many side modes.

Isn't Story Mode like 5% of the game? You beat it once and never go back except in Free Mode (which lets you be anyone)? My memory of Hyrule Warriors' specifics is foggy.

Just now, a bear said:

Isn't Story Mode like 5% of the game? You beat it once and never go back except in Free Mode (which lets you be anyone)? My memory of Hyrule Warriors' specifics is foggy.

No one knows the answer to that, I think.

Just now, a bear said:

Well, what's the standard for Warriors games?

HW doesn't have many modes. That's all I know. The modes I played the most were the story and adventure.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, a bear said:

Well, what's the standard for Warriors games?

It depends on the game, I believe. In some, Story Mode takes a good chunk of the game's content, while in others, the side modes are more developed (and more fun).

If it's anything like Hyrule Warriors, the story mode is basically a glorified tutorial while the main meat of the game is an ostensibly-secondary mode. Probably not Coliseum Mode, since that just seems like a very specific challenge with no varied objectives.

Anyway, I'm fine with female Robin (and presumably male Corrin) being barred from the story, it wouldn't make much sense to use them there when the cutscenes will feature male Robin and female Corrin.

No hidden weapons seems suspect, though. I find it hard to believe we won't be getting Kaze or one of the servants. Either they're implemented differently, or they just hid the hidden weapons (no pun intended) on the convoy screen to avoid "spoiling" it for some reason.

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

If it's anything like Hyrule Warriors, the story mode is basically a glorified tutorial while the main meat of the game is an ostensibly-secondary mode. Probably not Coliseum Mode, since that just seems like a very specific challenge with no varied objectives.

Anyway, I'm fine with female Robin (and presumably male Corrin) being barred from the story, it wouldn't make much sense to use them there when the cutscenes will feature male Robin and female Corrin.

I think it's going to be a mite bit more meatier than Hyrule Warriors's Story Mode, not least because we have stuff like toggleable Permadeath (Perma-injury?) and Casual Mode for it this time around. That kind of thing would imply that Story Mode would be a playable campaign with replay value which would be rather different from, say, the Free Play Mode.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No one knows the answer to that, I think.

From my knowledge of Warriors spin-offs (being Hyrule Warriors, Arslan Warriors and Pirate Warriors), side modes tends to be the bulk of the game compared to the main story.

I mean look at Hyrule Warriors. 90% of the game is in side modes. You play the story mode a few times to get all the collectables then you move on to adventure mode which takes hours. Then there is challenge mode etc.

I say FE Warriors story will be longer than Hyrule Warriors, but I highly doubt it will be the main attraction to play FE Warriors. If Hyruel Warriors is anything to go by, the plot will be fairly cookie cutter and meh all around.