Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Read it over on reddit. Makes me really hyped for this even more. Sounds like they are putting a lot of effort into making sure this is a Fire Emblem Warriors game, and not just a Warriors game with Fire Emblem characters. 

Indeed. That was one of my main fears in regards to this game.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Folt said:

Toon Link is technically correct yeah, but given the stuff we've seen, this game's Story Mode might be considerably meatier than Hyrule Warriors's. Toon Link's moveset also felt quite divergent from Link's moveset despite taking some cues from it (and unlike Link's moveset, Toon Link's moveset had Charge Attacks up to C6).

Toon Link also had a main character role in the Reward Map that came with Legends, as well as a main character and major character role in two of the DLC Reward Maps for that game as well.

I do find it odd though that F!Robin is further away from the main characters than Cordelia is though considering M!Robin was added in-between Xander and Chrom.

Wish I could've played Hyrule Warriors Legend for that.

That being said I'm still kinda bummed out about F-Robin not being an actual character in the story.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Wish I could've played Hyrule Warriors Legend for that.

That being said I'm still kinda bummed out about F-Robin not being an actual character in the story.

He had some really fun scenarios, including one that was loosely based on the Final Battle in Wind Waker featuring him, Tetra, and King Daphnes against Ganondorf (and three Phantom Ganons). Then there was one loosely based on the Earth Temple part where he and Tetra allied with Medli and Ruto against Ganondorf and a really big Big Poe monster. And then there was the last one where all the Wind Waker characters were battling against you.

Spoiler

And then it turns out that Phantom Ganon has brainwashed them and you need to beat the curse out of them.

Permadeath is interesting, and I always play Classic Mode in mainline Fire Emblem, but given the AI's tendency to get themselves killed in these games I think I might just stick with Casual Mode. I don't want to be locked out of using, say, Cordelia in a later map just because she flew into some archers in a prior map while I was using someone else.

15 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Permadeath is interesting, and I always play Classic Mode in mainline Fire Emblem, but given the AI's tendency to get themselves killed in these games I think I might just stick with Casual Mode. I don't want to be locked out of using, say, Cordelia in a later map just because she flew into some archers in a prior map while I was using someone else.

Yeah, this might be the one time I play casual mode instead too, for exactly what you just said. I don't want to be using Freddy and Robin, switch to Robin for a bit to take care of something, and then find Freddy just got creamed by a mage.

Characters in Warriors games generally don't take damage that quickly fighting off screen. I don't think she'd be instantly killed by running into archers.

I do find it odd though that F!Robin is further away from the main characters than Cordelia is though considering M!Robin was added in-between Xander and Chrom.

Maybe they'll throw the secondary characters and characters that aren't in the story at all further to that side?

Edited by NeonZ

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would we be hopeful of that? F!Robin being a clone is a waste of a character slot.

I'd disagree. Considering the difference in the amount of data of a full-fledged character vs the clone of one, it's likely that you have a clone precisely because you can't add another full character. So if you remove a clone, it doesn't mean you can add another character in their place, unless it was a different clone.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd disagree. Considering the difference in the amount of data of a full-fledged character vs the clone of one, it's likely that you have a clone precisely because you can't add another full character. So if you remove a clone, it doesn't mean you can add another character in their place, unless it was a different clone.

I would rather have another character that has a similar, but still different, style of battle, over one that would most definitely be the exact same style of battle. I highly doubt that F!Robin would have a different style of battle over M!Robin, unless F!Robin is more of a sword user, which we know won't be the case.

27 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would we be hopeful of that? F!Robin being a clone is a waste of a character slot.

How many times must I say the "slot" argument is really pointless? This really does feel too much like Smash.

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I would rather have another character that has a similar, but still different, style of battle, over one that would most definitely be the exact same style of battle. I highly doubt that F!Robin would have a different style of battle over M!Robin, unless F!Robin is more of a sword user, which we know won't be the case.

That's kinda the thing. You can't sacrifice the amount of work that would go into a clone character in order to add a character that has a similar, yet different style. You either sacrifice the work for another clone, or remove it entirely.

I'm not a fan of "Character slots" and "Clone" arguments either (One of the prime reasons why Smash speculation threads usually end up terrible), but it's important that people take these facts into account.

5 hours ago, NeonZ said:

Characters in Warriors games generally don't take damage that quickly fighting off screen. I don't think she'd be instantly killed by running into archers.

Maybe they'll throw the secondary characters and characters that aren't in the story at all further to that side?

Characters listed as "NEW" are always out of place. We won't know their true placement until more are added. It is odd that male Robin is the first listed Awakening character. Also, why is Awakening in the back? One would think they would go chronologically.

53 minutes ago, Jave said:

That's kinda the thing. You can't sacrifice the amount of work that would go into a clone character in order to add a character that has a similar, yet different style. You either sacrifice the work for another clone, or remove it entirely.

I'm not a fan of "Character slots" and "Clone" arguments either (One of the prime reasons why Smash speculation threads usually end up terrible), but it's important that people take these facts into account.

To me, the issue is that by all rights she should be an alt-costume as she's still the same character really. If she's a pure clone than it's just a character who has to be grinded up outside of story mode; if they do give her some differences and put her in semi-clone territory (a la the twins and Chrom/Lucina), then the argument can easily be made that another character is more deserving of that treatment. Unless she's just an alt costume, they're kinda screwed both ways.

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

To me, the issue is that by all rights she should be an alt-costume as she's still the same character really. If she's a pure clone than it's just a character who has to be grinded up outside of story mode; if they do give her some differences and put her in semi-clone territory (a la the twins and Chrom/Lucina), then the argument can easily be made that another character is more deserving of that treatment. Unless she's just an alt costume, they're kinda screwed both ways.

Oh God I completely forgot about that. Now more than ever I want her to an alt costume Robin.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, they were allowed exactly [number] character slots no matter how they get filled, so female Robin being a clone just wastes one. Yup.

Yeah in terms of gameplay concerns, I just don't want to have a literal clone character that doesn't take advantage of the investment I'll naturally have with M!Robin in the story mode. Furthermore, I'm sure the side modes will have conditional missions that force you to use specific characters, including F!Robin, which only further compounds the issue. An alternate costume with no gameplay differences is my preference for a character that is very literally an alternate version of an existing character.

28 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Yeah in terms of gameplay concerns, I just don't want to have a literal clone character that doesn't take advantage of the investment I'll naturally have with M!Robin in the story mode. Furthermore, I'm sure the side modes will have conditional missions that force you to use specific characters, including F!Robin, which only further compounds the issue. An alternate costume with no gameplay differences is my preference for a character that is very literally an alternate version of an existing character.

Yeah, this. I'd still have to use male Robin in story mode, but it'd be nice if I could just completely ignore him in side modes simply because female Robin is just his alt, not a separate character and clone.

I mean, we STILL don't have playable Arlong in One Piece: Pirate Warriors after 3 games, and he's one of the earliest villains and the first fishman. KT always makes weird decisions regarding playable rosters in crossover Warriors. You just get accustomed to it.

For now I just hope F.Robin is a special alt similar to the New World Straw Hats in Pirate Warriors. She might have some different animations, quotes and maybe even Musous (but unlikely) but still be tied to Robin as far as lvls and upgrades are concerned like The Straw Hats were. 

12 hours ago, Escalario said:

I mean, we STILL don't have playable Arlong in One Piece: Pirate Warriors after 3 games, and he's one of the earliest villains and the first fishman. KT always makes weird decisions regarding playable rosters in crossover Warriors. You just get accustomed to it.

Wait.

REALLY?

Arlong still isn't playable in any of the One Piece Musou games?

What?

On 8/2/2017 at 6:17 PM, NeonZ said:

She reuses male Robin's battle cutscenes based on those shots, so she has to be a costume or complete clone. The confirmation that she can't be used in story mode once again pushes me toward complete clone though. They had no issues with allowing the player to use Dark Link in HW's story mode even though it made no sense storywise, so I'm not sure they'd draw a line here. Complete clone, but still separate character, also would make a lot of sense if bond conversations aren't limited to story mode.

true, probably the case

maybe im just bitter because my 3 least favorite casts of characters are the only 3 being mainly represented

On 8/2/2017 at 6:17 PM, NeonZ said:

She reuses male Robin's battle cutscenes based on those shots, so she has to be a costume or complete clone. The confirmation that she can't be used in story mode once again pushes me toward complete clone though. They had no issues with allowing the player to use Dark Link in HW's story mode even though it made no sense storywise, so I'm not sure they'd draw a line here. Complete clone, but still separate character, also would make a lot of sense if bond conversations aren't limited to story mode.

The difference between Dark Link and FRobin is that Link didn't talk. Also with F. Robin being female all cutscenes would have to be rerecorded unless M.Robin's voice would come out of F.Robin. They did something similar to this with Berserk Musou where Black Knight Guts was unusable in the early stages unless it was Free play even if you had unlocked him. 

On 03/08/2017 at 10:06 AM, Pokechu said:

Female Robin makes sense as her own character because then she could have her own costumes/palette swaps/whatever. If she was an alt for Male Robin, it's likely F!Robin wouldn't have any additional skins; it'd just be one F!Robin skin for M!Robin. But because she's her own character, she can have her own costumes and not clutter up M!Robin's. But if F!Robin is actually completely unique then that'd be really stupid imho.

What makes you think F!Robin wouldn't get any additional skins if she was an alt for M!Robin? Cia in Hyrule Warriors always gets 3 variations for her skins: Masked, Unmasked, and Hatless. The only exceptions to that are the Guardian of Time and Majora's Mask costumes. I think they could do the same for Robin.

Personally, I hope F!Robin is an alt costume. I don't want to have to essentially level up the same character twice, even if they will probably be my mains.

Edited by Luankachu
Typos