Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

While I don't really care about Cordelia herself, it is nice to finally get our first flying character in the game.

As for Fem!Robin, it depends entirely on whether she's a costume or her own character. If the former, great, it gives an option for people to use her design if they prefer her and gives a chance for Male!Corrin to join the battle as well. If the latter, the it's padding and I feel she could've been better utilized as another character. Thankfully, the way the magazine presents it seems to imply the former as Male!Robin is present, but we'll see once we get the full thing.

Now to await the eventual reveal of my Shadow Dragon characters...

Edited by Medeus

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia in the first place. She has her fans, so I can accept her inclusion, but considering that Caeda is literally the second character that comes to mind from Archanea and has a signature lance (although I guess they could send her down the sword route because Heroes?????) I'm not really sure what she adds.

If Caeda uses a sword, it wouldn't be as a reference to Heroes.  In the original, Pegasus Knights could use Swords and Lances, and she started with a Sword (though since there was no weapon proficiency, you could give her Jagen's Silver Lance instead).  SD pegasi could only use lances, though they got swords on promotion to Falcoknights. 

KT can differentiate between multiple flying lances, so Caeda can still be in with the Wing Lance, but SD pegasi are pretty much the only way we can get flying swords (referencing promotion/FE1/FE3).

Speaking of Ceada, why DID they make her a sword user in heroes? She's literally the only Pegasus Knight I know that has a personal weapon of her own, the Wing Spear. Why on earth was that never adapted into Heroes at all? It makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Speaking of Ceada, why DID they make her a sword user in heroes? She's literally the only Pegasus Knight I know that has a personal weapon of her own, the Wing Spear. Why on earth was that never adapted into Heroes at all? It makes no sense. 

So they would have more than just Palla as a sword flier (Even though Narcian should have been a sword flier too since he uses swords in Binding Blade).

so this is only a preview and not the full article of what it will contain... Hopefully theres at least a few more pages that ether explains how pegasuses work in the map and what situation female robin is in, or show more characters outside of awakening.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

As a reference to FE1, where she starts with a sword.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Probably for variety's sake. There were already six Pegasus Knights that used lances in heroes.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

so this is only a preview and not the full article of what it will contain... Hopefully theres at least a few more pages that ether explains how pegasuses work in the map and what situation female robin is in, or show more characters outside of awakening.

They will probably explain how Pegs work considering one of the screens show her clearly flying over the map. 

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

FE 11 had pegasus knights start with just lances after several games with that as the standard so the choice for what type of weapon her signature would be for that game was hardly made in a vacuum (I'm kinda hoping for a type of Wing Sword at some point) and it could be said it was adapted under the environment of heroes. (I don't think they have represented any rapier types yet and personal weapons that weren't legendary items weren't introduced at the debut when Cedea was introduced)  

On one hand I am happy to see female Robin in. On the other hand I really don't want to see male Corrin in this game at all. Fingers crossed? Oh well, at least if he does get in female Corrin was clearly chosen as the primary one.

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope fliers and cavs have some sort of penalty to them, because being able to "lol who cares" parts of the map is ridiculous.

They confirmed that fliers take extra damage from archers-- though that leaves cavs without any real drawbacks which is completely like them.

42 minutes ago, Florete said:

On one hand I am happy to see female Robin in. On the other hand I really don't want to see male Corrin in this game at all. Fingers crossed? Oh well, at least if he does get in female Corrin was clearly chosen as the primary one.

I don't get this at all. Why not have a gender select option for the two avatars?

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I don't get this at all. Why not have a gender select option for the two avatars?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we won't be forced to use one gender or the other.

I'm not surprised to see Cordelia in, and expect the other two Summer Scramble winners too. I like Cordelia, and I like Gaius too, though this pretty much also soft-confirms Tharja, which is unsettling to me. I'm usually a live-and-let-live sort so it's very rare for me to root against getting a character, but Tharja and her creepier fans are repugnant enough to me to simply not want her in the game, period. :P

As for female Robin... I'm going to operate on the assumption that she's an alternate skin for male Robin and not her own character slot, and that we'll be getting male Corrin as an alternate skin for female Corrin. Either way it's the best of both worlds to me; not only do we have a choice of which Robin and Corrin to use, but the best versions of each were used as the defaults. 

So now the question is, will female Robin (and soft-confirmed male Corrin) have separate support conversations from their opposite-sex counterparts, or will supports just use the default versions? It might be a little odd to have female Robin fighting alongside Chrom and that somehow makes male Robin's support with Chrom improve, but I can't see them writing separate supports for what are basically just glorified skins.

@DIO: I can't speak for everyone, but my own reasons for preferring female Corrin- and the reasons most people I know seem to give -is that male Corrin's design is really unappealing and gawky. His default hair looks like a really bad cosplay wig, and his posture makes him look like he's got a yardstick permanently stuck up his ass. I certainly appreciate people having a choice of which to use if we get him, but I'll be sticking with female Corrin myself and am glad she's the default.

Edited by Anomalocaris

36 minutes ago, DIO said:

I must be out of the loop; why the loathing of Male Corrin exactly?

Both Corrin's have the exact same character (aside from some incredibly minor differences), but M!Corrin is perceived as a wimp while F!Corrin is a plucky girl. My guess it's because of gender standards. There is also his design not being being terribly eye-catching while F!Corrin is very popular in that regard (plus her use as a shipping vehicle).

As for the topic: there still isn't a character in this game I really care about. At least not enough to drop ~60€ on (only Maribelle is a stand-out fave in Awakening). They probably should have promoted another game's cast instead of just piling on all the Awakening characters in one go. This way, the other games will have to squish themselves into a couple weeks. I know they said one game was going to be focused on more, but you'd think they'd have at least a little variety.

Edited by Nanima

13 minutes ago, DIO said:

It's just more of that stupid "Corrin is a bad character because he tries to reduce casualties" nonsense that people throw at Corrin.

Its just amplified towards Male Corrin, because he's not as "hawt" as Female Corrin.

Personally, I find them both yummy.

Kinda had a feeling people would get all up in arms about this Robin business...  Hell, the Cordelia upset doesn't surprise me, either, even though most thought she'd get in.

36 minutes ago, DIO said:

I personally don't like some of his supports that are unique from female Corrin (like with Forrest, for example).  That, and I do prefer female Corrin's design more in spite of the pointlessly exposed thighs; I've said before how punchable I think male Corrin's face is, and a lot of his more "normal" hairdos are stupid looking as well.

Though I don't subscribe to the archaic "gender roles" notion, it probably also plays a part in people's preferences.

1 hour ago, DIO said:

I don't like either Corrin, but I prefer F!Corrin cause she looks better than M!Corrin and also her voice acting is better IMO.

Well, I'm a little surprised with the F!Robin reveal as it likely means she has an actual place in the story instead of being a plain costume. Cordelia was expected, and I believe fliers will be rounded out by Caeda (Swords, reference to the original Fire Emblem instead of the Shadow Dragon remake with the Wing Spear), and Camilla (Axes, with maybe some magic thrown in).

I am a little surprised at how many Awakening reps are being presented, unless they plan on showcasing each game one at a time instead of broadening the spotlight. With the previous Awakening reveal, one would think they may try showing off Fates or Shadow Dragon for variety. Either way, I look forward to the full details from Famitsu, perhaps there are other surprises in store besides F!Robin and Cordelia.

The usual speculation and list stuff is below...

Spoiler

So, thus far we have the following confirmed.

Current Total: 15 Characters

Warriors: Shion, Lian, Darios
Archanea: Marth, Young Tiki?
Awakening: Chrom, M!Robin, F!Robin, Frederick, Lissa, Lucina, Cordelia
Fates:
== Nohr: Xander
== Hoshido: Ryoma
== Revelations: F!Corrin

The weapon speculation list has been removed. At this rate, I'm more in the "wait and see" mindset instead of trying to predict the entire roster every single time.

As for further Awakening representatives, we still need a villain character. If we have both Robins playing a prominent role, then I really want to say Grima will be in focus (I think there is even a Warriors remix of Id(Purpose) too). I'm still holding out for Walhart, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gangrel despite the heavy number of sword users. // Of course, Tharja is a popular character in Awakening, so if any other hero makes it in, it will probably be her.

As for Fates, I still believe Camilla and Takumi are safe and obvious choices due to their classes. Azura is also highly likely due to her heavy influence on the plot. I can see all the Royals getting in, mostly because the Nohr Royals are perfect contenders for mounted units. Then, if a Nohr sibling makes it in, it is difficult not to also include the Hoshidian counterpart.

For Shadow Dragon, Caeda and Camus have to be in. Caeda serves an important role to Marth and can serve as a Sword Flier while Camus is perfect for the role of rounding out the Cavalry Weapon Triangle (Xander = Swords, Frederick = Axes, Camus = Lances).

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Because I hate male Corrin.

1 hour ago, DIO said:

I hate his face, I hate his voice, but more than anything I hate how he constantly got priority both in marketing and general conversation even after Kris and Robin were the same. I'm not exactly a fan of female Corrin either, but I was quite happy to see a female avatar character finally getting priority for this game.

Edited by Florete

Male Corrin looks like a wimp to me, that's why I don't like him. Female Corrin's design is way better, the forced open thighs aside (which are dumber than Male Corrin could ever look, imo). I'm a lady that likes dresses and skirts, but not this. I'd rather wear leggings or pants under my armor, please. Otherwise, I think female Corrin is really cute.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Male Corrin looks like a wimp to me, that's why I don't like him. Female Corrin's design is way better, the forced open thighs aside (which are dumber than Male Corrin could ever look, imo). I'm a lady that likes dresses and skirts, but not this. I'd rather wear leggings or pants under my armor, please.

Can't be helped, since Fates pushed the fanservice to an extreme level. Charlotte, a woman with decent character and depth in her, fights in pretty much a bikini. And Camilla has her boobs flaunted in any cutscene she's in.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Can't be helped, since Fates pushed the fanservice to an extreme level. Charlotte, a woman with decent character and depth in her, fights in pretty much a bikini. And Camilla has her boobs flaunted in any cutscene she's in.

Yeah, Camilla fights in a bikini too. I hate these character designs. I'm not against fanservice as a whole, I only hate it when it's done this way. Forced and in your face and being prioritized over good design and quality.

I'm fine with female Corrin's design, but not her Nohr promotion. She ends up in a bikini with boobs flaunted around too.