More New Info Coming This Week!

Anacybele

Now that I have a Twitter and am following Warriors tweets, I'm not behind on this. Heh heh.

I just pulled up my Twitter and saw it. I guess new trailers will just be a monthly thing unless pace picks up in September (or maybe towards end of August).

I'm guessing we'll see Female Robin and Cordelia, but I'd like some more Fates peeps. Takumi, Hinoka, Kaze, and Silas plz, IS and Koei?

How do I link the tweet though? I'm such a noob at this site... It's similar to Facebook, but still different enough to confuse me at times.

And I know the tweet says new info because there's a translate from Japanese button. :P

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm guessing we'll see Female Robin and Cordelia, but I'd like some more Fates peeps. Takumi, Hinoka, Kaze, and Silas plz, IS and Koei?

I wouldn't be surprised about Takumi at least. Other popular characters like Leo seem to have a good chance of getting in. Looks like they're going for popular (like Cordelia) and story-important characters (like Ryoma and Xander). But I do not know that much about Warriors games, aside from Hyrule Warriors. And that game had Agitha, which I'm pretty sure is neither a fan-favourite nor story-important.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How do I link the tweet though? I'm such a noob at this site... It's similar to Facebook, but still different enough to confuse me at times.

Click the downwards arrow on the upper right corner of the tweet and there should be an option to copy link to tweet (or "share the tweet" or something along those lines if you're on mobile).

1 minute ago, Kahvi said:

I wouldn't be surprised about Takumi at least. Other popular characters like Leo seem to have a good chance of getting in. Looks like they're going for popular (like Cordelia) and story-important characters (like Ryoma and Xander). But I do not know that much about Warriors games, aside from Hyrule Warriors. And that game had Agitha, which I'm pretty sure is neither a fan-favourite nor story-important.

True, but the characters I mentioned also fill roles that haven't been filled yet. Well, besides Hinoka, but more lances are still needed anyway. Silas brings in a lance cav which we don't have yet, Takumi brings an archer which we don't have yet, and Kaze brings a thief/dagger type guy which we don't have yet. Koei seems to be looking to fill all kinds of roles too. Kaze also has some story importance, as do Takumi and Hinoka. Silas being Corrin's childhood best friend might help him too, though that's a bit of a stretch.

2 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

Click the downwards arrow on the upper right corner of the tweet and there should be an option to copy link to tweet (or "share the tweet" or something along those lines if you're on mobile).

Ah, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Silas brings in a lance cav which we don't have yet

Just thought I'd mention Silas's preference is with swords. His rank in them is higher than his lance rank in both CQ and BR, so if he joined Warriors, he'd likely be similar to Xander, at least if they choose to make him like his own game portrays. That said, this certainly doesn't hurt his chances, I could see him getting in over Cain or Stahl, as he isn't tied to a fellow Cavalier, and there aren't very many Sword-maining Cavs outside of those to begin with, meanwhile Jagen/Hardin/Camus are three big hitters for Lance-Cavs.

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Just thought I'd mention Silas's preference is with swords. His rank in them is higher than his lance rank in both CQ and BR, so if he joined Warriors, he'd likely be similar to Xander, at least if they choose to make him like his own game portrays. That said, this certainly doesn't hurt his chances, I could see him getting in over Cain or Stahl, as he isn't tied to a fellow Cavalier, and there aren't very many Sword-maining Cavs outside of those to begin with, meanwhile Jagen/Hardin/Camus are three big hitters for Lance-Cavs.

Doesn't matter. Frederick's preference in his own game was lances, but he's been an axe guy for both Heroes and Warriors simply because his class is one of the few kinds of cavs that can wield it. And Silas actually starts with a lance of some kind while Frederick only has a lance and sword, I think.

41 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Er, is it this tweet?

If so, don't get your hopes up. It's just teasing Cordelia, female Robin and various gameplay elements.

Basically the same as this.

We aren't getting a new trailer for new unannounced characters (yet).

Yeah, that's the tweet I posted in the OP. xP

But I see. The translation wasn't exactly clear on that, though. My bad, everyone...

3 hours ago, Pokechu said:

tbh I don't see any Fates characters getting in besides the 10 royals. We can have a lance cavalier with Camus from SD and if they really wanted a kunai character, imo it'd probably be Felicia.

I hope not. I would be completely ok if some of the Fates royals were left out for retainers or like Xander and Ryoma or something instead. They can leave out Sakura and Elise without much issue I would imagine. They really aren't all that unique combat wise like Lissa. Maybe Sakura due to bow use. 

Hinoka is completely worthless in a game where Cordelia exists and Caeda ought to. The remaining royals offer some combination of importance (Xander, Ryoma, Corrin, Azura, Takumi) or popularity (Leo, Camilla, Elise). Sakura is a fringe case where I could see her being excluded or included, but I think she'll probably make it in because she has very little competition as an Archer. (Takumi, Virion, Gordin, Jorge, Wolf, Severa, and maybe Reina are the only ones I can even imagine being considered, some much more than others.)

Outside of them I could maybe see Kaze or Felicia happening but probably not anyone else besides the Awakening Trio.

The little sister fans would riot >: o

In all seriousness, I am honestly wondering if the roster is so surprisingly big (as the devs mentioned) that we can fit in all 8 royal siblings plus extras.

We already have 6(?) Awakening characters and I have a odd feeling that's not even half of it.

Besides Tharja and Masked Marth as a separate character, I struggle to think of anyone else I could see them adding from Awakening. Maybe the Trio, since their Awakening forms are more popular, but two of them also gain swords with that trade-off so hopefully not.

Maybe Vaike or Donnel but they're not cute girls so they never had a chance to begin with.

5 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I hope not. I would be completely ok if some of the Fates royals were left out for retainers or like Xander and Ryoma or something instead. They can leave out Sakura and Elise without much issue I would imagine. They really aren't all that unique combat wise like Lissa. Maybe Sakura due to bow use. 

Sorry, I'm a Sakura and Elise fanboy and I'll have to really disagree with you.

Lissa isn't any more combat unique than any other axe infantry from Awakening. As an archer, Sakura faces very little competition. As a mounted mage, Elise faces very little competition. Sure, their brothers may be very similar to them. But it's still baby easy to make the little sisters unique. For example, Elise? One idea would be to have her switch between Thunder, Fire, and Wind magic.

Not to mention how Elise is very popular (4th in the Fates poll) with Sakura not far behind (7th), and before you say wow 7th kind of low, unexpected for a royal, there's 6 royal girls. So someone had to be last, and the only reason Sakura's 7th and not 6th is because Oboro scored real high. How would retainers be any more unique than their royal? And to be honest, not many retainers are that popular, and a lot have class overlap with another retainer or with their respective royal.

There's no reason to not have all 10 royals. They're all the "main" characters per se for their route. There's also the fact how it'd be very strange for one royal to not have their opposite, for example, imagine if we had Elise but not Sakura. Awkward, especially considering how they're mostly in the same position; overlap with their brother, etc. Vice versa, why have Sakura but not Elise?

This is just my two cents. I'm terribly biased though because I love Sakura and Elise but I really can't find a reason to not have them. The only non-royal characters I could see in Warriors are Felicia and Kaze, and not both, probably one or the other.

3 hours ago, Pokechu said:

Sorry, I'm a Sakura and Elise fanboy and I'll have to really disagree with you.

Lissa isn't any more combat unique than any other axe infantry from Awakening. As an archer, Sakura faces very little competition. As a mounted mage, Elise faces very little competition. Sure, their brothers may be very similar to them. But it's still baby easy to make the little sisters unique. For example, Elise? One idea would be to have her switch between Thunder, Fire, and Wind magic.

Not to mention how Elise is very popular (4th in the Fates poll) with Sakura not far behind (7th), and before you say wow 7th kind of low, unexpected for a royal, there's 6 royal girls. So someone had to be last, and the only reason Sakura's 7th and not 6th is because Oboro scored real high. How would retainers be any more unique than their royal? And to be honest, not many retainers are that popular, and a lot have class overlap with another retainer or with their respective royal.

There's no reason to not have all 10 royals. They're all the "main" characters per se for their route. There's also the fact how it'd be very strange for one royal to not have their opposite, for example, imagine if we had Elise but not Sakura. Awkward, especially considering how they're mostly in the same position; overlap with their brother, etc. Vice versa, why have Sakura but not Elise?

This is just my two cents. I'm terribly biased though because I love Sakura and Elise but I really can't find a reason to not have them. The only non-royal characters I could see in Warriors are Felicia and Kaze, and not both, probably one or the other.

I think it'd be fine if all ten were in the game, but the blatant overlap between Leo/Elise and Takumi/Sakura is honestly absurd, especially given how they have unique pref weapons to push them further along. If they were going to not have 2 royals in the game, they'd likely cut Sakura and Elise simply because of the insane overlap. Then again we still got Lucina so whatever

There is the point of there just not being many exceedingly relevant Fates characters. You can stretch for Kaze, Silas, Jakob and Felicia by association, and maybe even Gunter, but the retainers exist as extra muscle and are tag alongs. Yukimura's about the only other exceedingly relevant character I can see getting in and that's because Mechanists are cool as shit.

I guess we'll have to wait for the trailer to crush our hopes and dreams by featuring Oboro and Rinkah instead of the little ones.

18 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

I think it'd be fine if all ten were in the game, but the blatant overlap between Leo/Elise and Takumi/Sakura is honestly absurd, especially given how they have unique pref weapons to push them further along. If they were going to not have 2 royals in the game, they'd likely cut Sakura and Elise simply because of the insane overlap. Then again we still got Lucina so whatever

There is the point of there just not being many exceedingly relevant Fates characters. You can stretch for Kaze, Silas, Jakob and Felicia by association, and maybe even Gunter, but the retainers exist as extra muscle and are tag alongs. Yukimura's about the only other exceedingly relevant character I can see getting in and that's because Mechanists are cool as shit.

I guess we'll have to wait for the trailer to crush our hopes and dreams by featuring Oboro and Rinkah instead of the little ones.

I don't think the overlap is blatant or absurd at all, considering Sakura and Elise are also clerics. If we can have 8 or 9 sword users, 3 of them using the same sword, I don't see the problem with two archers or two mounted mages. It's not like there's any other relevant archer besides Jeorge and maybe Gordin or Virion. The only other mounted mage I can think of is Maribelle honestly, and Elise outclasses her in both popularity and importance. I don't see a reason to not have Elise, you could say well Leo has his own weapon and you're right, nothing will change that. But that just goes to show that he might overshadow basically any mage (at least in my honest opinion), because he has his own weapon. Might as well have Elise because she can be pretty unique. If you have Elise, might as well have Sakura.

And I honestly don't see Rinkah getting in, especially alongside Oboro because I think they'd want to keep the kingdoms equivalent.

See, one thing that makes me think we're getting all 10 is how Fates takes up a good 3 of the 5 orbs on the shield. You could say it's because there's 3 special weapons, Yato, Siegfried and Raijinto, but there doesn't have to be an orb for every weapon. Otherwise, Takumi and Leo would also have orbs and possibly Lucina (Falchion) and Caeda (Wing Spear). I think it's three orbs to represent each of the three paths, because as far as I know Fates hasn't really been referred to ever as just one thing but rather all three, Birthright, Conquest and Revelations. They could use Yato for Revelatons, Siegfried for Conquest and Raijinto for Birthright. If you're going to put in characters for each route, it'd make the most sense if they all have relations with each other. So I'm of course not saying 10 characters for each route, that's insane. But the royals for their respective kingdoms and Corrin + Azura for Revelations makes sense to me. If they chose to make the crossover point for Fates in this game at around Chapter 6 in order to not alienate any fans for not picking the path they did, then I feel that they would want balance between the kingdoms, otherwise it's "Why does Nohr have more characters than the path I chose!!!!!!". With the royals, you get characters that appear regardless of what path you choose, and most of the royals (save for poor lil' ol' Sakura and Hinoka) have plot relevance.

I know I'm definitely reaching and grasping for straws, but Fates taking up 3/5 of the orbs is a bit strange when the other 2 games just take up 1 orb each, you know? I probably haven't noticed something that completely shatters this theory though:lol:my bias towards my precious cinnamon rolls is just really strong, I apologize

Edited by Pokechu

On 8/1/2017 at 8:02 PM, DaloDask said:

There is the point of there just not being many exceedingly relevant Fates characters. You can stretch for Kaze, Silas, Jakob and Felicia by association, and maybe even Gunter, but the retainers exist as extra muscle and are tag alongs.

You could argue characters like Cordelia or the fairly likely Tharja have about as much relevance as the majority of Fates characters as well.  In fact, the only playable characters that remain relevant throughout the story (barring the protagonists) are Chrom's spouse (not all that much, though), Frederick, Lissa, Virion (also not too much), and anyone you get in the normal chapters after crossing into Valm.

And obviously now that we know there are no hidden weapons, the only ones among the "shared" Fates cast that even have a chance now are Silas, Mozu, Gunter, Shura, and Izana, and I only see one or two of those having a real chance at getting in... that is, unless swords will be the weapon of ninjas, with shuriken-based moves being implemented into their movesets, in which case the three ninjas then could be possible.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:20 PM, Pokechu said:

And I honestly don't see Rinkah getting in, especially alongside Oboro because I think they'd want to keep the kingdoms equivalent.

They could bring in popular Nohrians to offset the imbalance, such as the "Trio" or Niles.  Though I wouldn't think they'd bring in Rinkah without Oboro unless someone on the team really likes her.

I also don't think uniformity in the roster is something they're focusing on.  I know I've said that I think there's no way they'd throw the kingdom representation off balance... and I still don't think they would.  However, I have do have some doubts.  I think it's also entirely possible that they could just bloat the roster with Fates characters, though I fear the shitstorm that would come from the fanbase if they actually did that.

In any case, I personally still think Fates will have the most representation.  It probably won't be much bigger than ten characters, and there's not much I have to back that up... but I just have a feeling.