Vestaria Saga Gaiden(s) in Development

VincentASM

Main article

Two gaiden (side-stories) are planned during the downtime before development starts on Vestaria Saga II.

1. Lucca Gaiden: Focuses on the Lucca village trio, elder and Alicia before the events of Vestaria Saga I. 4 chapters. Supervised by S_Kaga and developed by an independent team of two.

2. Silverbirch's Sacred Sword: The conclusion to Zeid and Atol's story. 10-15 chapters in total.

Game(s) will recycle content from Vestaria Saga I, but that's to be expected with the main team on hiatus.

The game(s) will also be easier, although he seems to hint about a higher difficulty (added later?).

First private release is scheduled for next Spring.

Translation translation translation! 

*Ahem* Getting that childish desire out of me, the gaidens sound quite good. The former sounds like a HT/HoF/RotD-esque scenario. Not bad, more story if decently written is good. The second scenario sounds eerily like something I suggested in the Fire Emblem endgame content topic yesterday. Was I being a little clairvoyant? 

Making the writing in the second scenario VN-like isn't a bad move, IS could benefit from it in actual FEs, given all the people who say they play for plot and characters. As long as the VN segments are skippable and one can get a summary of the stuff that unfolds during them, they could be helpful, adding to world building, character development, and overall plot quality. 

Thanks Vincent and Kirokan!

10 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Main article

Two gaiden (side-stories) are planned during the downtime before development starts on Vestaria Saga II.

1. Lucca Gaiden: Focuses on the Lucca village trio, elder and Alicia before the events of Vestaria Saga I. 4 chapters. Supervised by S_Kaga and developed by an independent team of two.

2. Silverbirch's Sacred Sword: The conclusion to Zeid and Atol's story. 10-15 chapters in total.

Game(s) will recycle content from Vestaria Saga I, but that's to be expected with the main team on hiatus.

The game(s) will also be easier, although he seems to hint about a higher difficulty (added later?).

First private release is scheduled for next Spring.

This looks interesting, I would like to play it... but is text heavy and I don't read japanese uwu

Edited by Troykv

I'm not sure how much one should read into the the 2nd gaiden being visual novel-like. I recall Vestaria Saga 1 already very text-heavy, even compared to his other games, and I felt like some of those end of chapter cutscenes were dragging on to the point where it was already reminding me of a visual novel (apart from the gameplay)...

Anyways I'm glad that there's progress in continuing the Vestaria Saga series, especially after those curious series of posts from Kaga on the Vestaria Saga Twitter page. VS1 literally ended with a 'To be continued' so it's reassuring that we'll get something to tie up the loose ends of the 1st game wrt Zeid's tale. Kaga hasn't posted anything on his blog for 2 and a half months and I was hoping that he might have been working on something, so it's nice to get some confirmation that there is development in progress :)

Hopefully this doesn't end up like Holmes' Saga...