Can we get at least one Axe bro?

?????

Dunno about you guys but I'm sure gonna be pissed if we only get waifu axe infantry. Lissa, Charlotte, Rinkah... egh even Camillla...(flier though)

I dunno if Vaike and Basilio have any chance but can we at least expect Arthur and Barst?

Arthur is about one of the few well written characters in fates and Barst is literary one of the best old school axe users there is AND OGMA's right hand man.

Arthur and Effie could easily just be hanging with Elise as always.

Any thoughts? Both got in heroes first over them so... cross fingers?

Camilla isn't infantry though.

I like axe ladies. We don't get enough of them in FE. So I have no problem with the axe infantry being mostly ladies. Though one or two males would be nice.

Well thats what I meant, if we get all of them thats fine, but I wouldn't to have just every single axe infantry be only women, variety is what I want.

We got Lissa, so why not give Arthur a chance two for two, since Camilla is a shoe in and she can be Frederick's opposite. She's a flier, and he's on a pony.

Tis a shame Vaike just never caught on and well Basilio seems to be even less. though Basilio and Flavia would be cool.

I'd definitely want at least one big bulky dude with an axe. Vaike seems unlikely, but Basilio might actually have a shot due to his unique weapon combination and plot importance. I'm rooting for him.

Arthur and Barst have their own merits, of course, as a silly character and an archetype-starter respectively.

Yeah man I know this game is gonna want to put populars all over but Bulky dude is my favorite niche. Especially if its a badass Lumberjack like Barst or a Superhero wannabe with a good sense of right and wrong like Arthur.

I'm one of the few that like Vaike but... well. gotta cut my losses somwhere. Basilio is still a great alternative if story related things happen later in-game that are from awakening.

Hopefully we'll get at least one of those choices, but honestly I won't hold my breath. It's pretty clear Nintendo is looking to please what they think is the lowest common denominator and unfortunately they think it's the wifu hunting communities, but hey maybe we'll get Basilio and Flavia to fill the SJW quota attached to everything these days so... yay?

Edited by TheGoodHoms

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Camilla isn't infantry though.

I like axe ladies. We don't get enough of them in FE. So I have no problem with the axe infantry being mostly ladies. Though one or two males would be nice.

Same here. I'm still rooting for Charlotte to get in, hopefully as a Berserker rep. Outside of the Fates Royals, only Oboro and Flora beat her in the popularity poll (not that that means anything though). I wouldn't mind Barst or Vaike though, but I HATE Arthur. Hands down my least favourite character in Fates, and probably one of my least favourite of FE as a whole. If he gets in over Charlotte then I'll be fuming haha. I'm not too big of a Rinkah fan, but she has the fire stuff going for her so if she gets in I could probably see myself using her. 

1 minute ago, Torii said:

Same here. I'm still rooting for Charlotte to get in, hopefully as a Berserker rep. Outside of the Fates Royals, only Oboro and Flora beat her in the popularity poll (not that that means anything though). I wouldn't mind Barst or Vaike though, but I HATE Arthur. Hands down my least favourite character in Fates, and probably one of my least favourite of FE as a whole. If he gets in over Charlotte then I'll be fuming haha. I'm not too big of a Rinkah fan, but she has the fire stuff going for her so if she gets in I could probably see myself using her. 

I can't stand looking at Charlotte, so I'd rather her not be in, but if she is, oh well.

I wouldn't mind Vaike and Rinkah. And Barst.

3 minutes ago, Torii said:

Gonna be honest here mate, i feel the exact same as you BUT on Charlotte. Guess this game is gonna be hard to please everybody. sigh.
Don't get the hate on Arthur, at least he's not a big dumb idiot archetype. He has an ideology, and motives. Do people hate him cause he's not anime? He has a pretty bad gimmick I admit but at least he's a jovial dude with a good heart in a country run by Shady Edgelords dressed in halloween colors.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't stand looking at Charlotte, so I'd rather her not be in, but if she is, oh well.

I wouldn't mind Vaike and Rinkah. And Barst.

For me it's more about her personality, and she was pretty funny in the JP version of Fates. That and she was also a waaaay better axe unit that Arthur ever was for me.

10 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Gonna be honest here mate, i feel the exact same as you BUT on Charlotte. Guess this game is gonna be hard to please everybody. sigh.
Don't get the hate on Arthur, at least he's not a big dumb idiot archetype. He has an ideology, and motives. Do people hate him cause he's not anime? He has a pretty bad gimmick I admit but at least he's a jovial dude with a good heart in a country runned by Shady Edgelords.

It's whatever honestly, I know a lot of people dislike her, so I'm not gonna be too bummed if she doesn't get in. I only played the JP version of Fates and her voice actress was pretty good, so maybe that's why I like her. I don't know the English version of Arthur or Charlotte at all, so maybe that's why she's less popular over here?

I hate Arthur because to me he is that big dumb idiot archetype (I know a lot of it was his bad luck, but still). And his JP voice was so terrible and annoying. Hated him from the moment he appeared and it's never changed.

I do agree about the game being hard to please though, everyone has their favourites. Ah well, just have to accept it haha. I know I'll be buying the game whether or not my favourites are there!

Edited by Torii

It's impossible to please everyone. We're all going to have our likes and dislikes. :P

I'm like middle ground with Arthur. On one hand I don't like him because he does seem to be an idiot, but on the other, he reminds me of some superheroes I really like, particularly Captain America. :P

I'd be cool with Charlotte, Arthur, Basilio, or one of Ogma's dudes.  Not the Vaike, though... don't really care for him, and we're getting enough Awakening characters as is with Cordelia and likely Tharja and one or two more on the way.

10 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Don't get the hate on Arthur, at least he's not a big dumb idiot archetype. He has an ideology, and motives. Do people hate him cause he's not anime?

"People" hate Arthur?  News to me, honestly; Torii's the only one I've seen who hates him.  Most I've seen either are indifferent or like him.  I know not too many would list him as their favorite character in Fates, though.

Yeah like I get it if Arthur is not your favorite character. We all got our tastes. But I've seen plenty of people that hate the guy. It makes me wonder what type of character these people like when its like... oh look, a Guy that likes to protect the innocent and believes that theres more to just violence when it comes to justice in a country FULL of people that make every wrong decision when it comes to being ''the good guys''... yeah screw that dude gimme more pretty anime dudes or grills *shrugs*

If its about stats.... really, 2 Goddess Icons. Done.

As for Vaike. His Panne support gives the guy a lot of layers and his back and forth with Lissa and Maribelle are great but 1-3 support tends to fly over a lot of people.
unlike Gregor, who has quality written on every single one of his supports.

Though Vaike forgetting his axe.... thats a never live it down moment for sure. even if its tutorial esque.

At least Boyd had the decency to break his Axe fighting ''off screen'', and the dude is King due to axes being OP in path of radiance. Gameplaywise... Personality wise Boyd is great nonetheless.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

Lissa and Frederick have already been confirmed as axe users.

Beyond that... the big ones are Minerva, Barst, Vaike, Camilla, and Arthur. Implying they try to have at least one weapon rep per game, Awakening is set and I'd expect Minerva over Barst any day. Camilla is a royal but Arthur got name-dropped in a previous article, so he has a chance.

unfortunately due to my weird unconscious vendetta against axe users, I find that the three games that have been chosen for warriors have some of the worst axe prospects, I can't think of any axe users that I would care if they were left out, maybe it's because there are no berserkers that I really care about, I mean I have come to adore the image of an absolute behemoth of a man running across a battlefield killing enemies left and right with his battleaxe, taking as many hits as he had given but still keeps going bringing death and destruction where he goes. Unfortunately the only character who I think, feels like he fits that description (Design wise) is legion and I feel like he won't be in this game because he is new mystery and not shadow dragon(I have no clue about his popularity though which I also doubt is good).

I have always seen axes as a very niche and unappealing weapon, so I think it is already very hard to design a character around axe use.

That is a peculiar problem. All axe fliers that people are asking for are also women. I'd like to see Arthur as a genuinely funny joke character. Maybe instead of Barst have Bord and Cord as a single, ice climbers style character. I don't think we've seen that in Warriors game. Barst is excellent in terms of gameplay, but he was introduced as a basic portrait recolor to his brothers, and I don't think he's the "right hand man" to Ogma. Just under his command. So there's nothing especially important about this character over his brothers.

Anyway, if Frederick is the only male axe wielder, I won't lose sleep over it. I care about a lot of fields when it comes to character inclusion. And "gender-equality-by-weapon-type" is pretty far down the list. Weapon equality is what concerns me most right now, as we only just got our first lance wielder announced. I'll take any axes we can get, boobs or no boobs.

11 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

unfortunately due to my weird unconscious vendetta against axe users, I find that the three games that have been chosen for warriors have some of the worst axe prospects, I can't think of any axe users that I would care if they were left out, maybe it's because there are no berserkers that I really care about, I mean I have come to adore the image of an absolute behemoth of a man running across a battlefield killing enemies left and right with his battleaxe, taking as many hits as he had given but still keeps going bringing death and destruction where he goes. Unfortunately the only character who I think, feels like he fits that description (Design wise) is legion and I feel like he won't be in this game because he is new mystery and not shadow dragon(I have no clue about his popularity though which I also doubt is good).

I have always seen axes as a very niche and unappealing weapon, so I think it is already very hard to design a character around axe use.

Legion would be cool, I think he was definitely one of the better aspects of New mystery of the emblem. you know... cause Katarina and Kris were the absolute epitome of basic and bland for sure.

Legion is just INSANE. its basically an unhinged Jason Voorhees with an actual personality and pretty cool backstory.

I think Arthur and Legion would be the perfect back to back.

A Hero of the People and a literal Ax Crazy warrior.

Just now, Saint_Stahn said:

Legion would be cool, I think he was definitely one of the better aspects of New mystery of the emblem. you know... cause Katarina and Kris were the absolute epitome of basic and bland for sure.

Legion is just INSANE. its basically an unhinged Jason Voorhees with an actual personality and pretty cool backstory.

I think Arthur and Legion would be the perfect back to back.

A Hero of the People and a literal Ax Crazy warrior.

I could definitely go for that. Their bond conversations could be pretty good aswell, I always liked arthur as a character and it would be great to see him fighting hundreds of enemies by tripping into them in the name of justice. I feel like depending on the circumstances weapons are a lot less significant to how some characters would play than people are giving them credit for, lust because arthur uses axes doesn't mean he would play the same a barst.

Barst feels he would be the pure muscle type of character, strong swings and big damage and AOE, my kinda guy.

For our hero, I kinda want Arthur doing acrobatics like a superhero. doing batman flips on dodges or rolls. Despite using an ''axe'' i want his high skill stat to play onto his character. Acrobatics and Flips would be awesome.

Infantry axe units I want to see? Hmm. Hector, Hawkeye, Dozla... Oh wait, their games probably won't be appearing (unless dlc brings them in).

In all seriousness, I think Arthur or Basilio would be cool. Arthur is just a fun character in my eyes and I've always liked the old badass characters like Basilio.

Im unsure what the roster size will be at this point. This is a ton of Awakening characters already, and we havent even touched much of Fates and Shadow Dragon yet. Its really making me question just how large this roster will be, which as of yet has no concrete number. Just more that the typical 1st game of a series, and a dev quote saying something along the lines of it being really big or massive. How big is that? 30? 40? 50? Hell, 70?

I think everyone needs to calm down right now for character announcements. We dont even have a concrete estimate at the moment, just pure guesses. Give it some more time, Gamescom is at the end of the month, I guarantee they will be there. If not there, probably a Direct centered around FE Warriors, or at least headlining it.

If you count Garon as an axe bro then yeah, he's a guarantee and I'll be shocked if he isn't the Fates villain rep.

Other than that, relevant axe users in these three games are a rarity. Walhart, Basilio and Garon are the only relevant ones, with Frederick prior to reveal potentially being anything. If you want to stretch it to New Mystery despite the statements of it being based on Shadow Dragon, then we have Legion, but that's still only about 5.

Manly men axe users are about equal to the lady axe users though, so really it's a coin flip on whether they want Arthur/Effie or Charlotte/Benny.