What classes do you want to see come back?

i'd like to see barbarian and soldier. not sure if it counts, but the lady knight from tearring saga would be pretty sweet

definitely villager, put they should also add  pupil so that villagers become physical combat units and pupils magic oriented classes

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Malik said:

I want the legendary Archsage class  .The only one who doesn't give a damn thing of magic traingle.

It isn't like other magic classes cared about the magic triangle... Well, other than MAYBE Genealgy, that is, and even then it was broken.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

9 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Amen, brother.

the thing that really put me off or rather shocked me was the fact that the servant classes were gaining exp in amounts comparable to tier one classes

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

the thing that really put me off or rather shocked me was the fact that the servant classes were gaining exp in amounts comparable to tier one classes

That's only Felicia and Jakob (who, incidentally, have a level cap of 40 as opposed to 20). Anyone else as a Maid or Butler wouldn't be leveling as fast.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's only Felicia and Jakob (who, incidentally, have a level cap of 40 as opposed to 20). Anyone else as a Maid or Butler wouldn't be leveling as fast.

wow. i actually quit birthright at chapter 22 and put conquest on hiatus for now so i would't know. kinda impresses me that the developers would do something special like that with them

I would like to see different weapon type cavaliers again (sword/lance/axe) like in the Tellius games and FE4 Armor knights wielding swords lances and axes. And it may not need to be said but I hope to see both Warriors and Berserkers. Instead of one replacing the other I want both of them, and I want several as opposed to like one or two of them. FE7 gave you 3 Warriors and 2 Berserkers I want to see that kind of thing again. #BerserkersandWarriorsareAwesome!

I've been playing Genealogy of the Holy War for the first time lately and these are classes I would love to see again:

1) Axe Cavaliers

2) Sword/Lance/Axe Armor Knights

3) the Master Knight class (THIS CLASS IS AWESOME!!!! Seriously, I would love to see this class reused)

4) FE4 Paladins, I really like how the paladin class functions in this game where they can utilize staves in addition to swords and lances.

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

I've been playing Genealogy of the Holy War for the first time lately and these are classes I would love to see again:

1) Axe Cavaliers

2) Sword/Lance/Axe Armor Knights

3) the Master Knight class (THIS CLASS IS AWESOME!!!! Seriously, I would love to see this class reused)

4) FE4 Paladins, I really like how the paladin class functions in this game where they can utilize staves in addition to swords and lances.

You do realize that two of those had reappeared in a title released overseas? Also, I'd imagine Master Knight would look a hell of a lot less awesome once you realize that you'd have to grind out all those weapon ranks... And as for that last one, that's only for female Paladins, and second, that, too, showed up in a title that came overseas.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

You do realize that two of those had reappeared in a title released overseas? Also, I'd imagine Master Knight would look a hell of a lot less awesome once you realize that you'd have to grind out all those weapon ranks... And as for that last one, that's only for female Paladins, and second, that, too, showed up in a title that came overseas.

No I did not realize that these were used in an overseas title. What was it? As far as I knew this and maybe Thraccia were the only games to have done classes this way. As far as Master Knight goes well in FE4 weapon ranks were at a predetermined level they were put at ranks that allowed in some cases for one to use Silver weapons, which if this is how it was handled would not make the class annoying. 

Taguel, but with improved development. Or any type of beast shapeshifter. They're so underrated but they're so much fun to use. Maybe something like the Heron class, instead of dancers? That could be interesting. I would also love to see the return of the Butler/Maid classes. AND DARK FLIER. Bring Dark Flier back as a regular class, please. 

37 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

No I did not realize that these were used in an overseas title. What was it? As far as I knew this and maybe Thraccia were the only games to have done classes this way. As far as Master Knight goes well in FE4 weapon ranks were at a predetermined level they were put at ranks that allowed in some cases for one to use Silver weapons, which if this is how it was handled would not make the class annoying. 

>Favorite Fire Emblem Game: Radiant Dawn

>Somehow doesn't realize that and Path of Radiance are the games I'm talking about

. . .

Also, fixed weapon ranks is just plain awful. And I'm not really that impressed by Master Knight when it's in a game that has to contend with a most obnoxious trading system.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

>Favorite Fire Emblem Game: Radiant Dawn

>Somehow doesn't realize that and Path of Radiance are the games I'm talking about

. . .

Also, fixed weapon ranks is just plain awful. And I'm not really that impressed by Master Knight when it's in a game that has to contend with a most obnoxious trading system.

Ooooh. I thought you were talking about the Master Knight class and Female Paladins wielding staves in addition to lances and swords. So, yeah I'm just now realizing you were referring to the Axe cavaliers and the Sword/Lance/Axe Armor knights. THIS I am aware of, now that we're on the same page yes they did this in the Tellius game but they have not done that since then and I would enjoy seeing this again.

16 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

Ooooh. I thought you were talking about the Master Knight class and Female Paladins wielding staves in addition to lances and swords. So, yeah I'm just now realizing you were referring to the Axe cavaliers and the Sword/Lance/Axe Armor knights. THIS I am aware of, now that we're on the same page yes they did this in the Tellius game but they have not done that since then and I would enjoy seeing this again.

Well technically the Tellius games had those too, except they were Valkyries and it was just Mist.

But really those games are old enough that the classes featured in them probably still qualify as being eligible for "coming back" now.

Dark Fliers, idk I just like the black pegasus... Ballistian too, because I find them funny!

Oh, and most important... SPEAR FIGHTERS!!!! Either like Nephenee or Oboro, but I just want this class to continue in any way possible!

I really liked the concept of ninjas being fast, physical counters to magical units, given their pretty good res; while a good part of that was Fate's expanded weapon triangle, I'd really like to see that concept in other games. Of course, the theming would have to be different; maybe they could be called an 'Acolyte' or something, and have them promote to Dread Fighters, albeit somewhat nerfed from Gaiden and Echoes.

I'd also really like Griffon units to come back as well, preferably with its own line-- although I'd like some new mounts, too.

7 minutes ago, LukeMCFC141 said:

I'd also really like Griffon units to come back as well, preferably with its own line-- although I'd like some new mounts, too.

Yeah, but they should be sword users. Fates really made me notice the stark lack of any flying class that can use swords. And to round off the malig and kinshi using tomes and bows, they should have a side promotion that uses swords and daggers. Say... “Sky Pirate”? I like the sound of that.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, but they should be sword users.

Yeah, Fates and Awakening really made me want some sword fliers, but I'd be torn between having either sword griffons, or sword pegasi with axe griffons and lance wyverns; I have to get around to actually beating 7 and 8 sometime soon.
I also really liked the Japanese version of the Malig Knight's mount, which I believe specified that the wyverns were undead as opposed to just 'evil'.