Sequels That Aren't

Zera

This is a 4x4 I made. Each image represents "a game or series that deserves a sequel (IMO), but probably won't get one. If it did, it would be a pleasant surprise."
http://i.imgur.com/15hmhSP.jpg
I couldn't think of any logical order for them, so I just put them in alphabetical order. I like how it came out - very colorful!

Spoiler

Advance Wars - Fire Emblem has like, five different games on 3DS. Intelligent Systems, I think it's time for Advance Wars' turn (heheh, turn). Don't worry about the story or characters, just keep the gameplay awesome.
Bangai-O - For the last few years Bangai-O Spirits and Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury have been my go-to games for the DS and Xbox 360. Now that I've completely mastered them and ran out of creative juice for the stage editors, it's time for a sequel or port. How I would love to consume random stages from around the world like so much popcorn.
Brave Fencer Musashi - "But there's already a sequel!" No, that one doesn't count. Square Enix should hire HAL Laboratory to make the next Musashi game - after all, they've already designed many games around a character that copies enemy abilities.
Chibi-Robo - Chibi-Robo was a neat 3D adventure on GameCube. The sequel on DS was a park sim, but still contained many fun elements of the original. Then, two 3DS spin-offs that in almost no way resembled the original killed the IP. What the heck, Nintendo?
Chu-Chu Rocket - One of the most unique and clever action-puzzle games for the Dreamcast and GBA. Why this isn't playable on any modern console is a mystery for the ages.
Dillon's Rolling Western - "The Pikmin of tower defense" had some nice games on 3DS, but the series has plenty of room for improvement. More interesting combat scenarios and a map editor would take it to the next level.
F-Zero - F-Zero GX is the best racing game I've played. Mostly because it's the fastest. But F-Zero was crushed by Mario Kart.
Harmo Knight - If Harmo Knight had a level editor like Pushmo, it could've been a must-own 3DS game.
Kirby Air Ride - Kirby Air Ride did for the racing genre what Smash Bros. did for the fighting genre, so why hasn't it received a sequel?
Klonoa - What does the creator of IWBTG think of Klonoa?
"What a wonderful pair of games! Klonoa 1 was delightful if a bit aged but Klonoa 2 was just… better in every possible level? The way the mechanics ramp up, the way the level design was perfect, the art style, just… everything. There isn’t even much to even say. Klonoa isn’t one of those games that does something novelly or has something that makes it stand out. Klonoa and Klonoa 2 are just amazingly solid platformers and perhaps the only “Mascot Platformers” besides Mario that don’t suck. Why must I live in the Dark Timeline where people think Sonic games were ever good, but few people have played Klonoa?"
As a Sonic fan, I completely agree. Klonoa 3 needs to happen.
Link's Crossbow Training - In my review of Link's Crossbow Training, I said it should be expanded into a full Zelda adventure. The "magical crossbow shooting action" genre is horribly underdeveloped, and there's definitely a market for it, even if it's only me.
NiGHTS - Both NiGHTS games are imaginative, but have lots of weird flaws. Why does NiGHTS 1 have trick-glitching and a camera that sometimes zooms in so close you can't see anything? Why does NiGHTS 2 have framerate drops, long load times, filler content, and it's still short? Sega, you have a great IP on your hands, yet you squander it. You should hand it to a developer that knows how to bring retro games into the modern age - namely, Retro Studios.
Okami - If Okami is a 9/10, then Okamiden is a 6 or 7. It's not a bad game, but it's nowhere near as good as it could've been, largely due to the technical limitations of the DS. If Okami is to have a sequel, it needs to live up to the original.
Red Steel - Red Steel was a mess. Red Steel 2, however, was possibly the most improved sequel of all time. It actually felt like the first-person action game Wii wanted all along. But it lacked replay value, especially without a multiplayer mode. Ubisoft should stop making Assassin's Creed games for three seconds and make Red Steel 3.
Rodea the Sky Soldier - Yuji Naka said he would like to create a sequel to Rodea, the last good Wii game. Unfortunately, Rodea was doomed to obscurity when it became a first-edition pack-in bonus for its own, notoriously inferior, Wii U port. As such, the original is hard to find and a sequel is unlikely.
Sin & Punishment - If Sin & Punishment 2 didn't end on a cliffhanger, it wouldn't be here, since it is Already Perfect. But it did, so it is.

Are there any unlikely sequels you would like to see? (nxn format optional)

Edited by Zera

I want to see Star Fox get a sequel that isn't a repeat of Star Fox 64.

I'd like to see Blaster Master Zero get a sequel. Inti Creates did a fantastic job in rebooting the Blaster Master series but the story of Zero wrapped up pretty nicely so i don't really see a sequel happening, as much as i would like one. Inti Creates has been supplying the game with free character DLC (Gunvolt, Ekoro, Shantae, and Shovel Knight), all of which are very faithful to their source material so i wouldn't be too upset if Blaster Master Zero didn't get a sequel.

Mega Man. Just make a new Mega Man game already. Mighty Gunvolt Burst is the closest thing to it right now (and Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a good game).

Golden Sun. I liked these games. I want more. Dark Dawn came out in 2010 so it's not too late (i have not played Dark Dawn).

After how amazing Kid Icarus Uprising was, i really want a sequel. 

This is all for now. Maybe i'll come back for more.

I would love to see a new game in the Soul Blazer series (which, for those who might not know includes: Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma), as they were the best action RPGs on the Super Nintendo as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen considering the company that made them went defunct years ago and we haven't even seen virtual console ports of these games.

Samurai Shodown should make a comeback too, I find no other fighting game really scratches the same itch as this series for me.

I agree with you about Kirby Air Ride and Chu-Chu Rocket as well.

No MSxPaint format because I'm bad at that sort of thing, but here are some that come to mind.

Legend of Dragoon: Yeah the original was a shameless Final Fantasy knock off, but it innovated on the formula too. There was a warning indicator that you were about to enter a random encounter, and the game was extremely transparent with increases to your stats through equipment, or transforming. But what I loved the most was the action commands. Any fan of the Mario RPGs should give this game a shot. Without action commands, this game would be a dreadful experience as you wait for loading screens and long battle animations. Characters scream their combos with a cheesy ferocity that I bet would fetch the attention of today's gamers, even among the sea of "retro revivals". When I play the game, I'm so pumped that I can't stand to sit during battle. Give this game a sequel. Doesn't have to be a story sequel, a spiritual successor will do. The characters and environments are colorful, the dragoon forms look like gundam suits, and the plot gets way too complicated on disc four. It's a ton of fun in concept, but the game as a whole hasn't aged well. Time to get a newer, better followup.

Pokemon Stadium: Okay, sure, playing with friends is the easiest thing ever now that you can just do it wirelessly in modern Pokemon. But Stadium was an incredibly charming game. The first official attempt at making pokemon games competitive, Stadium made you feel like a champion when you imported your team to fight the totally unfair RNG. Oh, and the AI trainers were tough too, I guess. Even without imported pokemon, using rentals is still engaging. And the mini games were awesome. We need a stadium 3, I know Game Freak has working models and animations for all of their pokemon due to all these 3D games. Put them to use in a downloadable title for twenty bucks. Include regular tournament events and ranked play. I guarantee this could be a hit and at an extremely low cost to produce.

Kid Icarus Uprising: Definitely gonna echo this. Uprising was a huge surprise. I never knew Sakurai could do a retro revival this well, or that he has such an amazing sense of humor in writing this dialogue all by himself. Even if it's not Kid Icarus, I'm dying to see Sakurai's next, non-Smash game. This guy and his team have serious talent in injecting life into a franchise that didn't have much of an identity. 

Edited by Gustavos

KOTOR 3: Good job, EA. You ruined the best Bioware IP of the early 2000s, and now everybody hates Bioware because of the shit you pulled. Instead of giving us this, you gave us an MMO that you milked for all that it was worth. Now it won't happen unless the Mouse upstairs tells you to.

Spyro: If only Activision knew what they could do with a Spyro Remastered Trilogy. Hell, Naughty Dog was able to totally revamp the franchise with theirs. Will they? I'm not sure, but it sounds like Skylanders is still printing money, so I doubt it for right now.

Any Valve title that ends in 3: I don't think I need to explain this one, given this one's legendary meme status. Valve has had plenty of time to conceptualize sequels to all of it's best games, but most of them (namely CS, TF, Portal, HL, and L4D) lack sequels past 2. Granted, Steam is probably the reason for that (they are developing a console for the platform, after all), but it's still a little disappointing to say the least.

Paper Mario: What is there to say that fans haven't already? The argument that Mario&Luigi and Paper Mario were too similar only holds water when you're looking at the Paper Mario series with its currently stripped down mechanics and style. Paper Mario and its SMRPG predecessor weren't just generic RPG games about Mario saving Peach from Bowser, it was about exploring a world in ways that can't be done in traditional Mario games. We never saw Bowser characterized like this, or the idea that Mario's enemies are just regular people with normal ambitions. Characters were interesting, settings were inventive and the combat and customization options were deceptively deep. I don't care that two of the three sequels are "okay" games. We didn't ask for them. And I want Paper Mario to have more of a lasting legacy than just it's aesthetics.

Punch Out!!: If you've played Punch Out Wii to the final mode, Mac's Last Stand, then you know there's nowhere left to go with Mac's character. But if they could drum up a whole new protagonist and cast of opponents with one or two returning characters here and there, I'd love to see it. This series really came into its own with the underappreciated Super Punch Out for SNES, but Wii is accessible to play yet difficult to master. A great retro revival for its time, but Next Level Games were instead contracted to do a sequel to Luigi's Mansion and later Metroid Prime Federation Force. 

Gex: We're in a vastly different TV age centered on binge watching and tons of new hot genres. Gex can do some serious riff work here with the right team of writers. I see a lot of negative response to the new Bubsy game, so we can't just bring back any old mascot platformer. But I think a Gex sequel has serious potential. Hell, if Mystery Science Theater 3000 can come back and get renewed for a second season, why not renew a video game treading a lot of the same ground?

Conker's Bad Fur Day: Similar to Gex, the state of film and gaming has changed, and there's a lot to be parodied with our favorite red squirrel. I would die laughing if Conker was roped up into one of those teenage fiction movie adaptations where he's arbitrarily decided to be special because he doesn't conform to social standards. Or if what antics would ensue if Conker was in a cinematic superhero universe. A sequel to Conker was planned once upon a time, but pressured into being an Xbox remake of the original. Boring.

Earthbound/Mother: Nintendo had to have noticed the buzz around Undertale. And Undertale did all that with just a borrowed aesthetic and style of setting, not so much with its gameplay. Plus I get the feeling Shigesato Itoi would do another of these, as he loves interacting with fans enough to appear in their little documentaries about Earthbound.

Streets of Rage: What happened to this genre anyway? Streets of Rage did get a 3D followup in Fighting Force (the developers lost the rights to the franchise name), but that was just okay. Streets of rage is stylish and one of the more technical 2D beat-em-ups. Totally deserves a proper 4.

Edited by Gustavos

I... don't know if I can actually answer this so well, because there aren't a whole lot of series I like that I also want specific future games in and that are extremely unlikely to have sequels made at this point period, but I do have a few things where I'd want sequels to them that are different from what the series is currently doing and are therefore similarly unlikely to happen.

• I want a new Final Fantasy game in the vein of I~VII or Chrono Trigger or something. And not just a smaller title that you can tell existed primarily to cash in on fans who want that, like The 4 Heroes of Light (as charming as that game is). I'm talking, like, an actual, big-budget, high-effort game that could be given the title "Final Fantasy XVI" (or whatever the next mainline number would be as of its release) and nobody would find it an underwhelming choice for that.
  • A sequel to Paper Marioes 1~Super, rather than the garbage we've been getting recently. Paper Mario's aesthetic is distinct and appealing but it alone cranked up to eleven does not a good Paper Mario game make, dammit!
  • Gonna second wanting a new Golden Sun game, too. Golden Suns 1 and 2 were such good, solid RPGs, and quite impressive in both scope and presentation for the GBA! Dark Dawn was okay, but ultimately still left me wanting.

Maybe controversial opinion here, but I actually don't particularly want a fourth official MOTHER game. Not that I didn't like the series; I loved it, actually. I just feel that its overarching narrative has reached a point where additions to it would be unlikely to really be all that additive to the collective work that is the existing MOTHER trilogy, and I'd rather it have the grace to end where it makes sense for it to than to continue on and just become a cash cow series or something. Of course, were Itoi to choose to make a fourth, I would support him in doing so and I'd check out the game; I just don't think the series would especially benefit from being added to at this point in time. Fan games are a bit different to me, because their status as fan projects kind of makes the events of their plots inherently hypothetical, in a sense, compared to the series' core canon.

Edited by Topaz Light

Here's another one. While i feel it's gonna happen eventually, i think it's gonna be a while good before it happens. So i want to see a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my most hyped up game of the year but at the same time, X ended with massive cliffhanger that needs to be resolved soon.

Mario Party. Just make a good Mario Party. 9, 10, and especially Island Tour were trash. Star Rush was a step in the right direction tho.

Banjo-Kazooie. Let's pretend Nuts and Bolts never happened. Give us a proper third Banjo game.

I'm not really up for this.I'll edit in pictures tomorow. Actually I just realized I can just get rid of everything and make a 4x4 entirely of puzzle games. 

Puzzle Game Sequels- Lemmings. Lode Runner. Bombastic/Xi Jumbo. Wetrix/AquaAqua. ChuChu Rocket. Roll Away/Kula World. Lost Vikings. Adventures of Lolo.  Mr. Driller. Solomon's Key.

Lemmings hit it right away. The 120 levels of the original REALLY start at about 40, but even the tutorial levels serve a purpose. For example, An early level "Been There, Done That" gives you all the tools in the game and lets you kill some lemmings, but later, you get the exact same landscape in "The Ascending Pillar Scenario", except this time you must rescue them all AND you no longer have the Blocker power, so you must find a new method to turn them around in addition to the simple increase in difficulty. In ways like this, Lemmings can teach you and then UN-teach you ways to progress through its levels. Lemmings actually ramps up in difficulty pretty signifigantly after 70~ and the last half of the game is incredibly meaty compared to the impression most people probbably have of Lemmings. Some expansions retain the quality of Lemming's second half (Oh No More Lemmings) But most of them butcher the design. Lemmings 2 Tribes uses different powers and the levels are designed to encourage saving every lemming in every level. UGH Lemmings 3D falls into similiar pitfalls. Multiasking, multiple entrances for the lemmings, and "micro intensive levels" (such as I have a cunning plan) are non-existant. Surely someone can handle a lemmings level editor with the creativity of the original teams. A few games have spiritually followed in its footstepps, and some of them are even quite good, but none have ever really risen above being "just puzzle games"I hate such phrases but you get the idea

In 2016, I ended up nominating Stephen's Sausage Roll as my GOTY, when I did this I spent a few weeks baffled thinking of what classic puzzle game it felt like besides sokoban. Finally it hit me-  Lode Runner. The connecting factor of the two games was that movement served as a puzzle element not just in completion but also preservation. In Lode Runner, you often must collect gold a few layers down AND plot out a way out so you can continue the level. SSR also feautures lots of red herring solutions where you can get part of the level's objectives but most of the ways for doing so coincidentally permanently trap you. And this is part of what makes Lode Runner special (and SSR)- movement is not just a means to an end, but an integral part of the puzzles in and of itself. Lode Runner is largely encompassed by the original, championship edition, and battle lode runner (the other JPN games being inaccessible), but these games alone should cement the games status as an all time classic. I almost kicked myself for sleeping on the series- even Lode Runner 64 is a pretty involved game. Championship and Battle are honestly shoulder to shoulder with Lemmings itself  No puzzle fan should go without them.

DevilDice and its sequel Bombastic are both really good for their score attack modes. The chain combos of the game and the dedication to using the physical properties of dice despite the challenges of a top down view coupled with a pacing that allows the player to push the game to their level make it top-tier. The latter even includes some high score replays to give you an idea of what is possible. However even playing the low stakes modes (puzzle or survival) You have decent challenges (the rush of blocks on ever x4 level and the auto detonations on every x9 level). The puzzle mode of the original is superior to the "story" mode of bombastic, but to bombastic's credit the story mode's leniency is probbably just so players can see all of it before forcing the plunge into clearing it properly.

Wetrix- These puzzle games are based around rising land and then containing water in lakes, without letting it spill off of the edge of the game world. Keeping water levels low is the safest way to play, but if you want to get BIG points you have to expose yourself to danger by letting the water get dick. The risk vs reward aspect is present in other ways- you can get multiploers by having multiple lakes (as represented by rubber ducks). This presents it's own dangers. The game feutures a couple of interesting short scenarios (starting with lots of holes in the level ) and even has fixed drop sets if you don't like the nature of the main scoring modes. 

ChuChuRocket- two other people have brought it up, so I can be brief. But this game deserves far better than mobile ports. 

Roll Away- This game takes advantage of the fixed distance of your jump to create its platform challenges. Most levels are extremely short and it's fairly arcadey, but it poses a lot of challenges. Can be played in short sessions unlike other games that use such mechanics for their difficulty. It's got a great progression with each set of world's introudcing its own mechanic "ice, switches, lasers, etc) and then getting  remixed all at once in the final worlds. The game also challenges your spatial awareness, especially due to the rotating mechanics and being limited in when you can change which plane is facing "down". 

Lost Vikings- In this game you control multiple charathers and must switch between them to progress. It's a little primitive, (no autowalk or temp AI features only manual control/stand still). However the level design and the focus on abilitiees make good use of 1 charather can do high jumps, one has a shield, and the other is archer. You can see the roots of games such as Trine in this. Some puzzles even require you to use the shield guy as a platform for the other charathers! The game has an excellent sequel too. I think it's locales are more pleasing (while puzzles in original are good in design, the appearance of switches and keys could leave it feeling drab). Strangely, Blizzard still makes use of the charathers as cameos and such. I doubt we'll see a Lost vikings 3, (maybe as a minigame in their next RPG), but Trine and even something like Thomas Was Alone have inherited parts of level design, if not its quirky setting. 

Lolo - These three games are among the best of the NES. Their levels are creative and not afraid to ramp up in difficulty. Basic levels where you collect all the items and open the exit give way to complex levels where you have to block enemy line of sight or prepare to use enemy as one time rafts to cross water. I do feel the game suffers due to some arbitary mechanics (it isn't apparent when you will earn ammo/powerups although it is fixed and non-random) enemies respawn in a limited number of fixed points and some levels require you to block their original spawn points to force spawn them in their secondary spawn points for use in puzzles later in the level. But these do not usually get in the way and even without "text tutorials" the game kind of teaches you how to prepare for this and it isn't as unfair as it sounds. I kind of hope that a new Lolo eggerland game could make this kind of puzzle less obscure, probbably by showing it in action by hving you block spawn points with boulders coincidentally in a few levels. 

Mr. Driller should have lasted longer, it honestly may be one of my favorite namco franchises. As a puzzle game it works due to its fast pace on harder levels, especially with the recurring "get oxygen capsule out of four boxes" trick that can be fairly different as the blocks you have to work with are different depending on how you've dug through the level.

In the case of Solomon's Key, you can argue that Zipang and maybe Fire and Ice are sequels, and admittedly here are a handful of indy games that use loosely similiar mechanics, but I do not feel that there has been an adequate succesor.

non-puzzle games

CRPGs- Wizardry. Pool of Radiance.Jagged Alliance 2 - GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY

Elevator Action Returns- The first and third game... the less said the better. Returns itself is VERY UNIQUE. Superficially it can be played like a Run N Gun game, but it is quite a lot more.

MDK- Two excellent games made by two different developers. The first game is wackier in some ways, but I feel the second is better because every third level is puzzle based.  The game's setpieces remain my favorite in any sci-fi game, excellent use is made of both the parachute and the sniping mechanics, but adapted for an arcade format. The series major strengths will always be its stage designs and difficulty. It really adapts the "sensibility" of a 2D arcade game into 3D better than many of its contemporaries, and is an all-around enjoyable game.

Glitch in System- An obscure Third Person Shooter that appeared on all 6gen consoles. Despite all the character's being robots, the game is actually full of personality and humor. The game isn't particularly hard, but is intensely satisfying and varies its formula a lot. Some levels focus on platforming, some on stealth, vehicles, and some on straight up gunfights. One of the most notable features in the game was a "hacking" tool that allowed you to possess most enemy types. The game also had a nice destruction system and even incorporated limb damage in a meaningful way. It also has lots of hidden collectibles and even time trial goals for all of the levels, which give some replay value. The company that made it was absorbed by Blizzard, so it isn't really likely.

Aggressive Inline- Aggressive Inline is an extreme sport game that appeared in the wake of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. However, unlike many such games, it used an engine that significantly differed from THPS, and more importantly the nine levels were all up to the standards of those seen in THPS2 and 3. This was especially nice since THPS 4 and THUG kind of had a paradigm shift from the first games. It does seem to have been inflenced by the Viva la Bam movement, (most levels involve property damage), but it is handled much better than Neversoft did. 

Freespace- Bluntly, the Descent revival is not going well. However, I can still hold hope for the child franchise.

Honorable mention to: Puyo Puyo- which is still healthy in JPN but should localize its games more often. Bust-a-move, tetris attack (I've given up calling it Panel de Pon). Super Monkey Ball- it doesn't feel like it's been canceled, but I'll be honest and admit I've never played the later handheld games and SMB1/2 compilations.

Dishonorable Mention to: Kurushina Final/Intelligent Qube, I think their (limited) cult status is overated and I found their puzzles susceptible to brute forcing. 

Edited by Reality

One particular game comes to mind.

Spoiler

Brute_Force_Coverart.png

Brute Force - A hidden gem of a shooter back from the original Xbox's launch, which sadly doomed it to be completely overshadowed by the success of Halo. Actually, it controlled nigh identically to Halo except take away the vehicles, make it 3rd person, focus on utilizing four characters that make up the "Brute Force" squad with unique roles (i.e. heavy trooper, shock trooper, scout, sniper) and properly managing your inventory items (med kits, grenades, different types of weapon ammo, etc.) which are shared by the squad. The best part is that unlike Halo 1 and 2, Brute Force's some-20-or-so mission campaign can be played via drop in/out 4-player co-op, which me and my sisters played all the time whilst enjoying the characters' quips (I especially like Tex, the heavy trooper of the squad. He sounds like Duke Nukem's lost cousin). Being the team players we are, we rarely played the vs modes, Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch; but the few times we played them with friends over, it was an interesting experience. I have always wanted a sequel to Brute Force, heck it even had a prequel novel. Unfortunately, again, it was an Xbox launch title that had to compete with the killer app Halo, and we know how that turned out; coupled with this, it was the last game developed by Digital Anvil before they went bankrupt, so unless Microsoft ever decides to revive/reboot this squad-based shooter, I doubt it'll ever get a sequel.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Here's another one. While i feel it's gonna happen eventually, i think it's gonna be a while good before it happens. So i want to see a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my most hyped up game of the year but at the same time, X ended with massive cliffhanger that needs to be resolved soon.

Mario Party. Just make a good Mario Party. 9, 10, and especially Island Tour were trash. Star Rush was a step in the right direction tho.

When I said "unlikely sequels", I meant IPs that are either dead or stalled, IPs that may never get another game. Which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply to the Xeno- or Mario Party series. If Square Enix can make Final Fantasy XIII-2, I'm sure Monolith can make Xenoblade Chronicles X-2.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Golden Sun. I liked these games. I want more. Dark Dawn came out in 2010 so it's not too late (i have not played Dark Dawn).

Yeah, Golden Sun needs a following (Dark Dawn clearly was supposed to be 2 games like GS1 and 2, but the bad reception (the games isn't even that bad, though it disappointed many people) put it on hold. Such a shame)

I obviously agree with Advance Wars. Dual Strike and Dark Conflicts/Days of Ruins are both great games on their own, and following whichever of those two paths would leads to good thing.

We also need Grandia 4 and Wild Arms 6; because there are amazing series, in their own right. Great battle systems, great world.

And Shining Force, since I'm there. Or at the very least SF2 and 3 remake for the switch. I know there are other Shining games, and the Shining series changed genre many time (The first Shining game is a DRPG), but Shining Force was quite fun, and miss it.

We need a new Lufia game. And not stuff like the awfull DS Remake (replacing awesome puzzles by tiresome QTE...). Actually things like Lufia TLR (who needs a remake. This game is a real gem, with a amazing OST). We won't even be mad if you repeat the same plot twist for the Xth time, we swear.

Glory of Herakles. Yeah, it's just a shameless DQ Rip-off at the start, just set in a Greek Setting (which is enough to makes it interresting.) GoH III is pretty insane (controllable massive 9-units squad, and a scenario that's just absurd (crossdressing and throwing yourself from high places is how you progress through the game.), plus people actually responding from you stealing from their house. GoH V, I haven't finished it (yet), but it tried new things at least.

Kameo

Advance Wars 

MEGAMAN. LEGENDS.(Do I need to explain this one?)

MegaMan Battle Network

Golden Sun 

Banjo-Kazooie 

Edited by RulerJeanne

Mega Man - Anything that isn't a collection of old games, or a new classic series/BN/Starforce game. I'd pay twice for a X9 or ZX3.

Castlevania - A decent Metroidvania, or a remake of one.

Earthbound - Won't happen.

Chrono Trigger - I didn't have patience for Chrono Cross, and since then nobody touched the subject ever again.

Ace Attorney Investigations 3 - Not really impossible to happen, but with Yamazaki's team busy with the main AA series and Shu Takumi busy with DGS I think it is going to stay frozen in carbonite for a long time.

well considering shenmue 3 is happening the only ones i can think of are

Shining Force 4 (Would be fine with a remake of 2, Final Conflict, or 3)

a new jet set radio

a new power stone

On 2017-08-02 at 3:33 AM, Hylian Air Force said:

KOTOR 3: Good job, EA. You ruined the best Bioware IP of the early 2000s, and now everybody hates Bioware because of the shit you pulled. Instead of giving us this, you gave us an MMO that you milked for all that it was worth. Now it won't happen unless the Mouse upstairs tells you to.

Had to cash in on that sweet, sweet WoW money that they failed spectacularly to get. 

I can't believe they wasted all that set-up of KotOR 2 on...on...nothing. Just the most plain, least interesting, by-the-numbers MMO possible.

Warcraft 4. Technically that could count as WoW, but I think it needs another RTS game. It was always my favorite RTS between 2 and 3. They kept saying they were waiting for Starcraft 2's development to be done before looking at Warcraft 4, who he they supposedly have some plans for. Fingers crossed for Blizzcon this year.

Everquest. There was Everquest Next that was originally going to come out, but I think it set the bar too high and was going a little too ambitious, and the technology just wasn't there yet. There was also the Sony hack that caused them to have to sell Sony Online Entertainment to some other company, which also didn't help. It's looking like Everquest is just a sinking ship now, and it's unfortunate. Maybe the MMOs will go by the wayside in a while and the company decides to sell the property to someone else. Maybe a console series of games similar to Elder Scrolls could work for the series. It does have an extremely interesting and pretty in depth lore. More than any other MMO. Either way I just don't want to see a franchise that has been a part of my childhood for years, watching my parents play the original EQ and playing EQ2 myself. 

Ultimare Alliance/Xmen Legends. I loved these two games, especially the Ultimate Alliance Games. The fact that they got a port to PS4/Xbox One with some new DLC for both gives me a bit of hope for a new one. I would of said Marvel games as a whole, but with the new Spider Man game coming out, and whatever that trailer was for an Avengers game from Square Enix (who are supposedly in an agreement with Marvel now for a multi game deal) it's looking up for Marvel video games outside of the 200th app game.

Army of Two. 1 and 40th day were pretty good, and while Devil's Cartel was panned for being bad, I still really enjoyed it. I would love for this series to come back, there aren't a lot of tactical third person shooters with this level of co op out there. I still regularly replay all 3 with my brother.

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. Not likely to happen considering the company is now gone, but I really liked the game. It was a pretty large game, but not to the point that it was overwhelming. I also liked its class system.

Elder Scrolls. Please, stop with Skyrim. I get it, best open world RPG of 2012, but guess what Bethesda. Witcher III and Breath of the Wild have now beaten what Skyrim did. You can stop acting like you are kings of open world with Skyrim. Move on already. And on top of that, an we at least get back to the way Oblivion was built. Way better character creation with signs and skills, spells were 10x better. 

42 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Elder Scrolls. Please, stop with Skyrim. I get it, best open world RPG of 2012, but guess what Bethesda. Witcher III and Breath of the Wild have now beaten what Skyrim did. You can stop acting like you are kings of open world with Skyrim. Move on already. And on top of that, an we at least get back to the way Oblivion was built. Way better character creation with signs and skills, spells were 10x better. 

5 years. That was the amount of time between the release of Oblivion and Skyrim. It's been about that amount of time between Skyrim and ESVI, and I'm guessing ESVI is going to be even larger at base than even Skyrim Legendary Edition, which means even more development time. But given some of the lore surrounding the rumored setting, the stakes in the plot can't be higher.

49 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

5 years. That was the amount of time between the release of Oblivion and Skyrim. It's been about that amount of time between Skyrim and ESVI, and I'm guessing ESVI is going to be even larger at base than even Skyrim Legendary Edition, which means even more development time. But given some of the lore surrounding the rumored setting, the stakes in the plot can't be higher.

What is the rumored setting? I remember a while back there was a rumor about it being in the High Elf isles, cant remember the name though. I also saw something about Elsweyr, but I doubt that one.

Its only been 5 years, sure, but based on what Bethesda has been saying they havent even started. They could at least say something, be it just a teaser, confirmation, or something. All its been for 5 years is Skyrim and silence about ESVI.

can't believe i'm the only one here beside Zera who did an image smh

icstjYq.jpg

Not gonna really bother saying much on any of them because I think the picture kinda speaks for itself

I acknowledge that Paper Mario had a sequel recently but tbh anything after TTYD is dead to me and they seem determined to never return to the old style of Paper Mario games

Also The Ship had a remake semi-recently but it sold pretty poorly and wasn't very good anyway so in my eyes it still counts as dead

And I guess Mystara had a rerelease too but it was even more poorly thought out and sold even worse

16 minutes ago, epilepsyduck said:

can't believe i'm the only one here beside Zera who did an image smh

icstjYq.jpg

Not gonna really bother saying much on any of them because I think the picture kinda speaks for itself

I acknowledge that Paper Mario had a sequel recently but tbh anything after TTYD is dead to me and they seem determined to never return to the old style of Paper Mario games

Also The Ship had a remake semi-recently but it sold pretty poorly and wasn't very good anyway so in my eyes it still counts as dead

And I guess Mystara had a rerelease too but it was even more poorly thought out and sold even worse

didn't that marvel game in the bottom right get a sequel

i'm pretty sure i actually own it and not the first one

unless you're saying they should make a third one

Just now, unique said:

didn't that marvel game in the bottom right get a sequel

i'm pretty sure i actually own it and not the first one

unless you're saying they should make a third one

It did, but I'm fairly confident it's not getting another. I really meant it to represent the Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends games as a whole.

Valkyrie Profile and OB64 also had sequels, but it's been ages since anything's been done with either franchise so I felt safe counting them.

Count me in on the F-Zero and Dillon's Rolling Western sequel bandwagons.

As for other games, a lot of Konami game series that originated from the NES days come to mind: Contra, Gradius, Twinbee, Moai Kun, and Gyruss. And although it didn't originate on the NES, Parodius is another one I'd like to see.