Who should I give holy water?

I just promoted my villagers at the thieves' shrine.

Merc!Gray

Mage!Tobin

Cleric!Faye

and Cav!Kliff.

Im thinking I should give the HP bonus to either Silque or Faye but im not sure. Tobin has 28 HP so he doesnt really need it. Gray is already a beast and so is Alm. So i guess its gotta be one of my healers or Kliff.

I would recommend waiting until your units have reached their final class since otherwise the HP boost may go to waste. I would also give it to one of your frontline units because they benefit from it more than ranged attackers and healers.

Edited by CriticalMiss

Ok so i already used (wasted) the sacred spring on my 2 clerics.

But what about dlc items? I was thinking the boots would go to Gray. Also why would I want to use a pitchfork? Isn't changing to a villager taking a step back? Assuming I am happy with the classes I already chose.

Edited by AyraXLex

3 minutes ago, AyraXLex said:

Ok so i already used (wasted) the sacred spring on my 2 clerics.

But what about dlc items? I was thinking the boots would go to Gray. Also why would I want to use a pitchfork? Isn't changing to a villager taking a step back? Assuming I am happy with the classes I already chose.

I would save the Boots for Celica because she'll be stuck with 4 Movement for the entire game otherwise. Pitchforks are helpful if you want to grind units more or for customizing your team. It's pretty popular to reclass a unit in the Soldier class line such as Lukas after they reach their final class into the Mercenary class line so that you'll get a unit with high defense and resistance (which is very low for pretty much all other units in this game).

3 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

I would save the Boots for Celica because she'll be stuck with 4 Movement for the entire game otherwise. Pitchforks are helpful if you want to grind units more or for customizing your team. It's pretty popular to reclass a unit in the Soldier class line such as Lukas after they reach their final class into the Mercenary class line so that you'll get a unit with high defense and resistance (which is very low for pretty much all other units in this game).

Is Celica usable in Alm's route? Is she someone worth using i mean.

Just now, AyraXLex said:

Is Celica usable in Alm's route? Is she someone worth using i mean.

You can't use Celica in Alm's route; she leads her own group that's separate from Alm's. As a unit, I think she has very good stats and spells, but she's held back somewhat by her low movement.

2 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

You can't use Celica in Alm's route; she leads her own group that's separate from Alm's. As a unit, I think she has very good stats and spells, but she's held back somewhat by her low movement.

So forgive me if i am not understanding this but... you have to choose between Alm and Celica's route right? So if i am choosing Alm's route than I dont have to worry about saving boots for Celica, correct?

Btw who should I give the talisman?

14 minutes ago, AyraXLex said:

So forgive me if i am not understanding this but... you have to choose between Alm and Celica's route right? So if i am choosing Alm's route than I dont have to worry about saving boots for Celica, correct?

Btw who should I give the talisman?

You don't have to choose between Alm's route and Celica's route. You'll eventually have to manage and switch between both groups.

I would save the talisman for someone who has moderate-to-high base resistance (probably around 10). Since resistance practically never levels up in this game, only a few units will be able to take many hits from a magical attack later on. Therefore, it makes sense imo to increase the resistance of a unit who will be able to take a few hits from magical attacks anyway because that extra 3 resistance can really add up.

EDIT: I would also say that you probably should not give the talisman to anyone in the Mercenary class line because the final class in that line is already far and away the best at tanking magical hits.

Edited by CriticalMiss

5 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

You don't have to choose between Alm's route and Celica's route. You'll eventually have to manage and switch between both groups.

I would save the talisman for someone who has moderate-to-high base resistance (probably around 10). Since resistance practically never levels up in this game, only a few units will be able to take many hits from a magical attack later on. Therefore, it makes sense imo to increase the resistance of a unit who will be able to take a few hits from magical attacks anyway because that extra 3 resistance can really add up.

Awesome, thanks for the input. I guess i just assumed it was a Sacred Stones/Fates type deal where you chose one or the other.