What Is The Developer's Info Release Schedule?

As we all know, the info that has been released thus far has been in inconsistent bursts, but are usually fairly sizable. Take the Famitsu article about Cordelia and Robin for example. Not only did it give us info on two more playable characters, but also detailed quite a few gameplay mechanics that we had only heard briefly touched on previously, casual/classic modes, weapon triangle usage, effective weaponry, etc. 

The Japanese release date is September 28th, that's eight weeks from now. Up until this point, info has released roughly every three weeks, but if that keeps up, we'll only get two more batches before the game's release, which is not enough to showcase the things I'm sure they have planned.

Usually, Warriors games have extremely consistent, and frequent, info. Every second week, we'd get something in Famitsu, in the off-weeks, we'd get gameplay videos, or new trailers. I shouldn't have to tell you that Fire Emblem Warriors isn't following that pattern at all.

....but I have a gut feeling that that'll change now. If we get an article every two weeks until release week, that's three more articles, not including the Famitsu the week of (which generally is a compilation of all the info released). With a current confirmed playable roster of 12 characters, 4 characters every new issue could bring the roster up to 24. That, of course, is a best case scenario, but I don't see there being any other way to do it and get the proposed roster of 20+ by continuing the way they're going. I'm sure they'll be leaving some stuff for secrets in-game, but how much are they planning to keep quiet on?

Unless they plan on releasing a character or two every week from now on? 

What are they thinking, I wonder? Any thoughts? Do you think the next batch will be a Fates set, or a Shadow Dragon set? Sorry if this just looks like a wall of text.

I honestly have no clue how they are going to handle the rest of the information until release. I could see them holding off from new info until Gamescon (which I think is around August 20th?, so like a little over two weeks) or a possible direct, and then maybe after that give more consistent information. But we'll have to see how it plays out. They didn't even give gameplay videos of the Awakening characters, just a quick trailer, so I'm not sure if they're going to be doing that for a while. I don't think we'll see Cordelia and Female Robin gameplay soon unless there is another demo or something. 

I feel like (or at least I'm hoping) September will be quite packed with stuff though. I could see the Twitter and Famitsu giving us new stuff each week. But just for right now I think we will have another slow period for two weeks or so. I mean we'll probably get a few little things like the two dual special attacks from the poll and maybe one or two other things, but other than that I'm not really expecting much until Gamescon. 

8 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

They might do another Direct focused on this game like they did with Hyrule Warriors

I completely forgot about that, honestly. I guess that's really their only option unless they plan on putting a boatload of units in every batch from here on.

I think the hype will remain pretty bad for a while.

And then a Direct will hit and save the hype with a trailer like the one they gave Ganondorf.

Until that day, I'm going to remain salty at the fact that we have only a single gameplay trailer and a ton of raw footage to work with.

They might do a Fates trailer in the coming weeks that might bring the hype back, but a Direct is about the only way to get my blood boiling at this point.

I think they might just be going through the marketing motions with this game, but it really hurts that they are to be honest. A silhouette of the villain lineup would be all it takes to get my interest back to sky high, but even that seems out of reach right now.

It's pretty bad, whatever it is. You know we're in dark times when I'm begging for Fates news. I really don't get what they're going for by only announcing the most vanilla Awakening characters possible between long periods of radio silence.

Musou Stars had regular character reveals leading up to its launch, with every character getting a 30 second trailer-- why couldn't they do something like that? The game's currently far and away the most shit upon upcoming Switch title and there has been very little in the way of reveals to get people excited and hold interest.

I'm expecting them to show off Gaius and Tharja soon ('cause popularity polls) and do a trailer with them + Cordelia.

This is just wishful thinking, but they could do us one better and show another full-on Fire Emblem Direct with FEW as the main focus, like how Heroes got the main focus in January's direct. (Quick wishful prediction: FE6 remake, some info or at least a teaser for FE Switch, then the rest is FEW info). In any case, these little spoonfuls of info just aren't enough anymore to tide us over for the remaining two months. We can only hope a FEW Direct is on it's way. I'd dare say it seems inevitable at this point.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

My guess is a Direct or Gamescom, maybe even both which is entirely possible. As far as a set schedule goes, there seems to be none. We got Frederick and Lissa reveal in the middle of the week, and the characters we already knew about were revealed in E3. Then out of no where we got confirmation on Cordelia, and Female Robin who has no part in the story and is just a copy cat character. And now we have an announcement of a female mounted unit and a male archer to be announced this month. Not this week. Not next week. This month, which is just weird to be honest.

These announcements are so sporadic its not even funny. Its like Nintendo cant get their shit together for announcing the game. Less that 2 months left, and we just learned about perma death and some of the systems of the game. And not even in an official way for the US. Just fan translating a damn Famitsu article. It makes me think we will end up getting one big Direct to just throw tons of information out with including a release date sometime this month or in September (which is a little too late to me, September is when it releases in Japan).