Teacher put on leave for giving inappropriate math test

Dragoncat

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Though funny enough, that isn't the most extreme thing I know a teacher has done.  I had a teacher who, at one point in his career, would have a guy randomly run into his classroom with a pistol (loaded with blanks), yell the teacher's name, and shoot at him while he pretended to collapse.  Was a soc/crim teacher who was trying to demonstrate how unreliable witness testimonies can be, but he had to stop well before I ever took the class 'cuz a kid got scared enough to tell their parents about it.  Also cursed pretty regularly in class.

woah, I wouldn't mind having a teacher like that, lol.

Except for the cursing part obviously.

Also I don't think the first question is that inappropriate. I mean, my friends knew of AK47s when we were in grade 5 or 6, thanks to GTA. As for the others....well, I don't know what to say. I actually laughed at those questions for how ridiculous they are.

This has to be in purpose. No one does this type of thing without knowing what they are doing. As humurous as I found this to be, out of just the sheer ridiculousness of it alone, the school is right to fire him.

Was he about to retire. Does it say how long he has been working? Because if he has been working long enough then it might of been a going out with a bang type of move.

Though I will say I hope there isn't some kind of over reaction with this. Suspension, fired (though that may be a bit harsh if it's a first time problem. Maybe it was just bad judgement or a mistake on the teachers part. It was towards the end of the school year according to the article), that's all fine but it's not like he was throwing around racist terms and cussing out students, verbally abusing them and what not. No one got hurt here, considering the age of the kids they probably laughed more than anything. It was a really stupid, slightly racist (probably more than slightly), and without any level of class, but mostly harmless, situation.

Edited by Tolvir

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Dcat, your Guzma/Plumeria kid is even in on one of those! (might not be too out of character either, it's a gang! o.o) That must be why you found it. lol

But that's some pretty messed up stuff there, you don't give questions like that to kids. Seriously.

It's not why I found it, but it's why I posted it. We know one of those girls is Misha, but who are the other three? Honestly though...that's more of a Marco thing, he's the team pimp, not Ty. Yeah, if I ever need more grunt names, I might just take them from there lol. If you look at the full question list there's one female: Lashaunda. But I'm not using that name, I don't like it for some reason.

Direct your reply to PM. We don't want to derail the thread.

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

He certainly was, but he made sure his student understood just what kind of ship he ran so to speak and was far too engaging for most students to "rat him out" (it was high school; we all wanted to learn about cults and crime, and he was very "real" about it).  In fact, after some kids took his class, they'd usually recommend all their friends to take his class as well.

He's been teaching long enough to retire, and he may or may not still be teaching.

I was when I was taking his class... at least a little.  I know for a fact others were very disappointed.  I'm not now, though; I probably would go into shock experiencing something like that.

Its removal didn't detract all that much from his lesson plan, though.  I mean, the dude would have police bring in stuff like tazers and have kids shoot them at specialized demonstration targets, or give them huge body pads for police to demonstrate baton strikes.  And we learned about all the messed up cults, including Charlie Manson and his Helter Skelter operation.  Never a dull moment in this guy's class, that's for sure.

I wish I took that class, tbh.

• 2 weeks later...