Mounted female and male Archer teased

VincentASM

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Disillusionment perhaps? But it isn't like I'm horribly disappointed with FEW or anything- I'm not celebrating to high heavens either, I'm rather ambivalent. I can't define what it is exactly. Am I letting small things get under my skin a little too easily? Whatever it is, I wish it wasn't there.

BotW, well the problem is less the game itself, which I've been keeping myself in the dark about for the sake of unbiased first impressions (yet invariably partway in I'll hop online for some gameplay advice), is due in part to a self-loathing coming from the fact I've had a terrible record when it comes to actually completing a number of Zelda games, and me not 100%-ing XBCX or tackling the superbosses in XBC. I've told myself I'll get to finishing SS or TH all this summer, and what do I have for it? Nothing accomplished- and the only things I need to do are vanquishing The Lady and getting the Faron 3rd of the Song and everything that comes thereafter. XBCX, well I finished the story at last, and I've tackled most of the Affinity Missions, but I still have a few undone and can't bring myself to grind augments and an Ares for the superbosses, but I feel compelled to do so. Similarly, once I discovered competitive battling in Pokemon, I couldn't ever bring myself to catch legendaries again because, although I don't play online at all, I can't help but feel that I must aim for the proper natures and IVs or it's a waste. This helped contribute to my falling out with Pokemon- this despite me several years after the fallout still having a poster of the old 150 hanging lovingly on a bedroom wall. In Fire Emblem on the other hand, I never succumbed to instituting breeding programs in Awakening and Fates.

But maybe this isn't the topic for me to air my gaming grievances.

I thought BotW was a good game, just not a good Zelda game.

I also didn't really go for breeding super soldiers. Good grief, I usually never even marry off Sully or Tharja (who I tend not to even recruit).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Again, Leo isn't female. It said female mounted unit.

My mistake, what wanted to say is that I hope the archer is Takumi and that I want to see Leo too, not that he'll be show up as part of this news

Hopefully this hit applies to someones beginning team that isnt out of nowhere. Sully and virion could make sense but goodness I dont want only awakening reps. if the defenition of mounted would be different i hope this would mean its time for marths team to show up.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Um, Selena is a mercenary. Not a mounted archer.

I did, however, forget about Reina. But she wouldn't be picked over Hinoka.

Selena is fought as a Bow Knight during in Camilla's chapter in the Birthright version in Chapter 23: Camilla and Xenologue DLC Map "Royal Royale" in Camilla's team.

13 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

When I hear "Mounted", I think Cavs.... the only female ones are Sully, Midia, Sophie (which I kind of doubt), and Peri..... Mounted could mean Troubadour, so that would be Maribelle or Elise (I personally would love Maribelle)...

But if mounted really does mean flyer... then Camilla, Minerva, Caeda.... maybe Cherche? I don't think any of the other flyers have a chance of getting in.

As for archers... Takumi, Jeorge, or Virion. I don't think any of the others have a chance

There's Gordin (Archer), Castor (Hunter), Wolf (Horseman), Sedgar (Horseman), Lorenz (General), Horace (General), and Ymir (Warrior) from Shadow Dragon, Basillo (Warrior) from Awakening, and Niles in Fates, those were the Bow users that appeared in and Warrior class does use Bows as a Secondary weapon and Generals does use Bows as a Secondary weapon as well in Shadow Dragon.

Edited by King Marth 64

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Selena is fought as a Bow Knight during in Camilla's chapter in the Birthright version in Chapter 23: Camilla and Xenologue DLC Map "Royal Royale" in Camilla's team.

I'm aware. That's beside the point. Her base class is still mercenary.

7 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

To be serious though, considering that this is camilla we are talking about can't think of anything else for an entrance, other than doing some meaningless attacks at nothing which wouldn't make near as much sense for camilla. Just add an extra few seconds of Camilla walking to and mounting Corrin her wyvern and then it screeching and then they take off.

The only intro that I can think of would be her violently crashing down with the Wyvern, stroking it's neck lovingly and then her eyes lock on to the camera with a calmly disturbing smile.

18 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

The only intro that I can think of would be her violently crashing down with the Wyvern, stroking it's neck lovingly and then her eyes lock on to the camera with a calmly disturbing smile.

Sounds more like Cherche honestly. Does Camilla ever even acknowledge her wyvern?

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

There's Gordin (Archer), Castor (Hunter), Wolf (Horseman), Sedgar (Horseman), Lorenz (General), Horace (General), and Ymir (Warrior) from Shadow Dragon, Basillo (Warrior) from Awakening, and Niles in Fates, those were the Bow users that appeared in and Warrior class does use Bows as a Secondary weapon and Generals does use Bows as a Secondary weapon as well in Shadow Dragon.

Just how many of those would you give even a semi-decent shot of making it in??? Because personally, I think that none of them are very likely, especially Shadow Dragon's characters.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

21 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope it's not Takumi and Camilla. Two members of the world's most obnoxious royal families are already more than enough, so these two can stay the hell away but who am I kidding? It's Koei Tecmo, of course the boobs are making it in

I personally would like to see someone from Shadow Dragon or New Mystery like Hardin, Shiida, Jeorge, Gordin, Kain, Abel, Minerva heck even Ryan, Luke, Rody or Cecille would be fine with me. Michalis or Camus as playable antagonists (like Cia and Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors) would be awesome, too.

I know it's unrealistic at this point to hope for anything else than the Royals if them being in the game is a possibilty, since I appear to be the only one that genuinely dislikes them (except for Sakura and Elise), but hope will never die, as Lucina so aptly put it.

yeah trust me here you're not special for disliking the royals, that's like asking AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO DISLIKES AWAKENING

i don't like them either, certainly not camilla and while i'm relatively fine with takumi it's more of a "relative to the rest of them" and not "on his own merits"

but right now i'm willing to cut my losses because i'm desperate for anything that isn't awakening and both of these are important and reasonably likely characters that have fairly uncommon weapon types that are in most remaining cases not swords, especially in the unlikely event they go the flying mage route with camilla

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Just how many of those would you give even a semi-decent shot of making it in??? Because personally, I think that none of them are very likely, especially Shadow Dragon's characters.

Gordin, Wolf, Basilio, and Niles would all have entirely viable explanations for inclusion, though I don't think they're necessarily on the likelier end of the spectrum. The rest fall squarely on the 'not happening' end of the spectrum.

Specifically:

• Gordin is the first Archer in the series, which makes him an iconic part of Marth's starting group. He has a little brother and a stint as gaggles, so that's not necessarily the only thing he has to his name. Main issue is competing with Jeorge, really, who actually has a role in the world.
  • Wolf is probably the biggest stretch of the bunch because this is a game focused on Shadow Dragon specifically, but I feel obligated to mention that he is the right hand of Hardin in Mystery of the Emblem. As far as mounted Horsemen go, he's the best one you're going to get -- not just in Archanea, but across all three continuities.
  • Basilio is literally Nick Fury with a battleaxe. I could see NOA pushing for him for obvious reasons, though he faces stiff competition from Arthur and Charlotte.
  • Niles: Actually a pretty popular character, and he can heal which would give him something to justify his existence. Too bad that GAME DESIGN means he's competing for a spot with the royals and several other Fates characters who otherwise bring more to the table than he does.

12 hours ago, Thany said:

Hopefully this hit applies to someones beginning team that isnt out of nowhere. Sully and virion could make sense but goodness I dont want only awakening reps. if the defenition of mounted would be different i hope this would mean its time for marths team to show up.

I'd love Caeda and Jeorge and settle for Camilla and Takumi. Sully and Virion are the one combination I wouldn't be pleased with.

45 minutes ago, Iridium said:

yeah trust me here you're not special for disliking the royals, that's like asking AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO DISLIKES AWAKENING

i don't like them either, certainly not camilla and while i'm relatively fine with takumi it's more of a "relative to the rest of them" and not "on his own merits"

Where have you been? Every single one of the Royals besides Camilla has their fans around here-- the younger brothers are pretty much unanimously loved by fans, old and new.

Broad dislike for all the royals is pretty rare.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Basilio is literally Nick Fury with a battleaxe. I could see NOA pushing for him for obvious reasons, though he faces stiff competition from Arthur and Charlotte.

I don't think NoA has much say in this based on everything that we've gotten so far, on top of his low ranking in the popularity poll.

His biggest boon is that he's one of the more plot relevant characters in Awakening.

Arthur and Charlotte have popularity reasons to get in, but if either gets in, their counterpart is also likely, which would either be a plus or a negative towards their inclusion, so that's in the air.

Although in the context of bows, he's not a likely pick, and we've received no information about characters being able to swap weapon types so far, so he's more likely to get in as an Axe rep more than anything else.

1 hour ago, DaloDask said:

we've received no information about characters being able to swap weapon types so far

On the contrary, I believe it was confirmed that characters are locked to one weapon type.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'd love Caeda and Jeorge and settle for Camilla and Takumi. Sully and Virion are the one combination I wouldn't be pleased with.

Where have you been? Every single one of the Royals besides Camilla has their fans around here-- the younger brothers are pretty much unanimously loved by fans, old and new.

Broad dislike for all the royals is pretty rare.

I know a lot of people who don't like Takumi.

Leo never seems to get much/any hate, though.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Considering Lucina's moveset, and also Lissa's, it's sounding like promotions will keep the same weapons in order to keep at least mostly the same moveset. So, if they include Severa/Selena, it's possible she could be a horse riding unit from the start, since the game won't allow something like gaining a horse on promotion, which would completely change her moveset.

And I don't think the inclusion of the Awakening trio is unlikely. They're representation for both games and very popular characters in Awakening.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And Lissa's base class is a cleric, but here she is acting as her promoted class of war cleric instead and swinging good 'ol Fred around. :P

37 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

And I don't think the inclusion of the Awakening trio is unlikely. They're representation for both games and very popular characters in Awakening.

But they're all sword users, and if they're trying to avoid sword overload, they probably won't get in.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

But they're all sword users, and if they're trying to avoid sword overload, they probably won't get in.

Owain would be a mage like in Fates, Severa could be stuck with a mount and mix sword with bows, and Inigo could just get an axe (It wouldn't be any odder than Frederick becoming an axe unit).

37 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

And Lissa's base class is a cleric, but here she is acting as her promoted class of war cleric instead and swinging good 'ol Fred around. :P

Because she doesn't have a weapon in her base class. Selena does.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

But as Ana said, they needed to take liberties with Lissa because she's in a class with no combat capabilities whatsoever. Why would they do the same for Selena??

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

But as Ana said, they needed to take liberties with Lissa because she's in a class with no combat capabilities whatsoever. Why would they do the same for Selena??

So they could add a relatively popular character to help pad out and diversify the cast with more weapon types. I mean look at Heroes, Faye is a bow user and Raven is an axe user despite their base classes using swords and the fact Faye can't even use bows at all in Echoes. It's not too far fetched to think they could easily make Selena a mounted bow user.

Edited by Azz

17 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Lucina uses a bow in one of her moves. Liberties were taken.

33 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

To make the roster more diverse. Its not like they havent done it. Lucina uses a bow, Chrom throws spears, Robin levitates, Frederick uses Axes even though his skill with lances were higher and he used a silver lance in the beginning. They are obviously taking liberties to make the game better, I dont see why it would be entirely out of the question to take liberties with the Awakening trio.

As it is I think if the Awakening trio make it in, it will very likely be their Fates versions. They are far more diverse with Odin being a good rep for Dark Mage for Fates, Laslow being a good rep for Hero (Axe or Sword use would work), and Selena being a good rep for Bow Knight since it is her canon promotion in Fates.

55 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina uses a bow in one of her moves. Liberties were taken.

True enough, but at the same time, some of Chrom and Lucina's moves in Project X Zone 2 had her use a bow (including their Multi-Attack). So that isn't too surprising.

56 minutes ago, Azz said:

So they could add a relatively popular character to help pad out and diversify the cast with more weapon types. I mean look at Heroes, Faye is a bow user and Raven is an axe user despite their base classes using swords and the fact Faye can't even use bows at all in Echoes. It's not too far fetched to think they could easily make Selena a mounted bow user.

...Didn't Selena's popularity tank in Fates? Because iirc, she didn't do nearly as well in the Fates popularity poll as she did in Awakening (and unless I'm wrong, Odin and Laslow suffered the same fate as well)...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia