Mounted female and male Archer teased

VincentASM

On 8/6/2017 at 4:44 AM, Folt said:

I think it's moreso that Lucina got so popular that the developers had to find ways to make her something other than "Chrom's child", gameplay-wise.

In this case, she gets Bows because Chrom using Lances tends to be referenced more.

I feel like it was more of a snowball effect than just trying to make different than Chrom. In STEAM she was given the bow for 2 reasons

1. Falchion has no range attacks and without range she would basically be Marth. 

2. It gave her an arc based projectile which none of the FE characters have. 

After that was PxZ2 which game her bride in order to either have a class that she will always have access to in Awakening or have a flashy transformation that is very different from her base. Finally with have FE:W which at this point other than Falchion, Bow are pretty much the main other weapon Lucy is associated with so why not use them in her set. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

1. Falchion has no range attacks and without range she would basically be Marth. 

Except she already used Falchion differently. Her use of falchion was a flying tackle as opposed to Marth's swing.

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Except she already used Falchion differently. Her use of falchion was a flying tackle as opposed to Marth's swing.

I more meant that with out range she would fall into the same character type as Marth as a physical unit only (which would mean she would need his skill)

7 hours ago, NeonZ said:

They could have just made her throw a javelin for a second attack back in Steam, so that bow was an odd choice.

While that could have been an option given the angles that she has access to and that are crucial to her gameplay it would look way more natural with a bow than a Javelin. 

On August 5, 2017 at 7:52 AM, DaloDask said:

Arthur and Charlotte have popularity reasons to get in, but if either gets in, their counterpart is also likely, which would either be a plus or a negative towards their inclusion, so that's in the air.

Charlotte, maybe (she did make the top 10 females), but I'm much less confident about Arthur making it in (he was only 19th - and that ends up in the lower end of the male section of the poll).