Mounted female and male Archer teased

VincentASM

My guess: Takumi and Camilla

My hope: Takumi and Hinoka or Minerva

That's all. :P But it's nice to hear we'll be getting some more info soon!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

That's what I read at first that they were both archers. I know it's a stretch

They can't both be archers. None of the three games being used have a mounted female archer.

3 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

Actually Fates (and I guess Awakening) has Selena.

Um, Selena is a mercenary. Not a mounted archer.

I did, however, forget about Reina. But she wouldn't be picked over Hinoka.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

But her "canon" promotion is bow knight.

Characters in this game aren't starting as classes they could previously promote into. Even Lissa is a Cleric, not a War Cleric or Sage. She only got an axe anyway because she needed something besides a staff. Selena at base already has a sword, so she wouldn't need that special treatment.

Edited by Anacybele

Damnit I read the title in the sidebar and seriously thought this was Heroes related. Way to get my hopes up...

Still, seeing people's speculations makes me hopeful we'll start seeing non-Awakening character reveals. (even though they'll almost certainly be dashed)

I hope it's not Takumi and Camilla. Two members of the world's most obnoxious royal families are already more than enough, so these two can stay the hell away but who am I kidding? It's Koei Tecmo, of course the boobs are making it in

I personally would like to see someone from Shadow Dragon or New Mystery like Hardin, Shiida, Jeorge, Gordin, Kain, Abel, Minerva heck even Ryan, Luke, Rody or Cecille would be fine with me. Michalis or Camus as playable antagonists (like Cia and Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors) would be awesome, too.

I know it's unrealistic at this point to hope for anything else than the Royals if them being in the game is a possibilty, since I appear to be the only one that genuinely dislikes them (except for Sakura and Elise), but hope will never die, as Lucina so aptly put it.

If Azura is in this game, I'm straight up not buying it. Even Xander and Ryoma alone are huge dealbreakers already.

8 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

But her "canon" promotion is bow knight.

From what we've seen so far, they're going with base classes. Robin, for example, isn't depicted as Grandmaster, but as Tactitian. So if Selena / Severa is in this game, she'll be a Mercenary, I think.
Though that doesn't explain why Lissa is able to wield an axe, since she can only wield one as War Cleric, so maybe there's hope on that front?

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My guess: Takumi and Camilla

My hope: Takumi and Hinoka or Minerva

That's all. :P But it's nice to hear we'll be getting some more info soon!

Honestly everyone was throwing around Camilla's name that I completely forgot Hinoka was a possibility from Fates. If they want to separate the Fates games then my guess would be they do Takumi and Hinoka for Birthright, but I'm not sure they'll do that. 

I'm still just gonna assume it's Takumi and Camilla for right now, though they might surprise us with SD characters or even more Awakening...

5 minutes ago, Torii said:

Honestly everyone was throwing around Camilla's name that I completely forgot Hinoka was a possibility from Fates. If they want to separate the Fates games then my guess would be they do Takumi and Hinoka for Birthright, but I'm not sure they'll do that. 

I'm still just gonna assume it's Takumi and Camilla for right now, though they might surprise us with SD characters or even more Awakening...

People always forget poor Hinoka. She and Minerva are SO much better than Camilla though... I hope I won't be forced to use Camilla in much, if anything. I can't stand her.

Whether or not the teased female here is her is still to be seen, but I'm sure she's in anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Characters in this game aren't starting as classes they could previously promote into. Even Lissa is a Cleric, not a War Cleric or Sage. She only got an axe anyway because she needed something besides a staff. Selena at base already has a sword, so she wouldn't need that special treatment.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

From what we've seen so far, they're going with base classes. Robin, for example, isn't depicted as Grandmaster, but as Tactitian. So if Selena / Severa is in this game, she'll be a Mercenary, I think.
Though that doesn't explain why Lissa is able to wield an axe, since she can only wield one as War Cleric, so maybe there's hope on that front?

But they could make her a mounted unit so that she isn't just "another sword unit". They're already taking liberties with Lissa and will potentially do the same with Elise and Sakura if they end up being playable, so I say why not?
Anyways, I don't think it actually is her who they're hinting at.

2 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

But they could make her a mounted unit so that she isn't just "another sword unit". They're already taking liberties with Lissa and will potentially do the same with Elise and Sakura if they end up being playable, so I say why not?
Anyways, I don't think it actually is her who they're hinting at.

Because those three start as plain healers with no actual weapons. That's why they got special liberties. Selena DOES already start with a weapon and if they want more non-sword units, there are other, better choices.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People always forget poor Hinoka. She and Minerva are SO much better than Camilla though... I hope I won't be forced to use Camilla in much, if anything. I can't stand her.

...I suddenly realised that playing this game with my brother (if I ever get a switch) is going to be so awkward if we get Camilla...

...Eh, he's seen Cia. It's probably fine. Hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because those three start as plain healers with no actual weapons. That's why they got special liberties. Selena DOES already start with a weapon and if they want more non-sword units, there are other, better choices.

Yes, Selena does start with a weapon. But if she was playable, it would probably mean that Laslow and Odin would be there as well, and would mean that Laslow and Selena would both be mercenaries. I just thought it would be a good idea to have her be a mounted unit from the start so that each of them was different.

Just now, KaSlider said:

Yes, Selena does start with a weapon. But if she was playable, it would probably mean that Laslow and Odin would be there as well, and would mean that Laslow and Selena would both be mercenaries. I just thought it would be a good idea to have her be a mounted unit from the start so that each of them was different.

I doubt any of them will be in though.

I'd say Takumi and Camilla are the most likely candidates because Fates makes Nintendo money. Virion and Chereche would be my personal (realistic) wish for the reveal, however I think we've seen enough Awakening characters at this point that it's time for a little mix up.

So if your excited for more Fates love good on you! Here's something to keep you entertained while we wait for the reveal: https://youtu.be/JEGMugGg_KA

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope it's not Takumi and Camilla. Two members of the world's most obnoxious royal families are already more than enough, so these two can stay the hell away but who am I kidding? It's Koei Tecmo, of course the boobs are making it in

I personally would like to see someone from Shadow Dragon or New Mystery like Hardin, Shiida, Jeorge, Gordin, Kain, Abel, Minerva heck even Ryan, Luke, Rody or Cecille would be fine with me. Michalis or Camus as playable antagonists (like Cia and Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors) would be awesome, too.

I know it's unrealistic at this point to hope for anything else than the Royals if them being in the game is a possibilty, since I appear to be the only one that genuinely dislikes them (except for Sakura and Elise), but hope will never die, as Lucina so aptly put it.

If Azura is in this game, I'm straight up not buying it. Even Xander and Ryoma alone are huge dealbreakers already.

Completely ignoring that Takumi is incredibly popular, even among veteran fans. Camilla/Leo/Takumi/Azura are shoe-ins, and the moveset potential for all of them is instantly obvious. Since they're going by popularity, I also expect Oboro and Elise. 

If you're being remotely serious I'm honestly wondering why you're still hanging around here, as you're basically expecting to be disappointed.

49 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I suddenly realised that playing this game with my brother (if I ever get a switch) is going to be so awkward if we get Camilla...

...Eh, he's seen Cia. It's probably fine. Hopefully.

Unless I get a monitor, the game is staying exclusively handheld mode. I already had to skip some cutscenes and stuff in WO3 due to fanservice. 

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Unless I get a monitor, the game is staying exclusively handheld mode. I already had to skip some cutscenes and stuff in WO3 due to fanservice. 

I mean, he's in the ballpark of being 13 (I should really be more responsible and know his age...). I'm sure Camilla will be fine, unless they put more focus on her assets than they did Cia.

Both have an introductory cutscene that's an orbit of their fanservice bits. Camilla might do the opposite of what I had hoped for from the game's fliers (then again, wyverns never treated me as well as pegasi did).