Mounted female and male Archer teased

VincentASM

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, WyvernLord said:

So what are the chances this is Leo and Takumi?

2 very popular characters who represent both units hinted at

Oh plz let be them! I want to see them in this game!

12 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Oh plz let be them! I want to see them in this game!

Again, Leo isn't female. It said female mounted unit.

That said I am praying with all my might that they'll reveal Takumi. After how much Hoshido has been sidelined in favour of Nohr in Heroes, they deserve to get some quality treatment. I would love for the mounted female to be Hinoka, but I am not kidding myself. There is no way they will leave Camilla out, and no way they'd announce Hinoka before her.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Characters in this game aren't starting as classes they could previously promote into. Even Lissa is a Cleric, not a War Cleric or Sage. She only got an axe anyway because she needed something besides a staff. Selena at base already has a sword, so she wouldn't need that special treatment.

if there's going to be a bow knight, it most likely going to be Wolf

Just now, votris11 said:

if there's going to be a bow knight, it most likely going to be Wolf

...Who?

Also, why are you telling me this?

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Who?

Wolf is a character from Shadow Dragon who is a Horseman (A.k.a Bow Knight). It would actually be quite interesting to see him get in (Cause that would mean Hardin would be in).

Can't answer the second part.

Hopes for archers: Jeorge, Takumi, Wolf. though I'll be weirdly satisfied if i see gaggles in the game.

Hopes for mt female: Please show me Minerva. Caeda, Hinoka, Peri would be cool too, but Minerva will 100% guarantee i would get this game day one.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Who?

I wasn't specifically talking to u but to the bow knight conversations in general. U were just the one i found on the topic.

1 minute ago, votris11 said:

I wasn't specifically talking to u but to the bow knight conversations in general. U were just the one i found on the topic.

Then why did you quote only me?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why did you quote only me?

sorry just kinda pick one. Were talking about bow knight selena before it went off topic about her weapon. Anyway, not important, u can just ignore my comment.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...How did anyone think of Leo when it clearly says female mounted unit? :/

That's what I was thinking when I first saw it :facepalm:

Anyways, I think the archer's Takumi (I just don't think anyone else has a very good shot. At all.), and the mounted gal (assuming no fliers) is... well, iono.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's what I was thinking when I first saw it :facepalm:

Anyways, I think the archer's Takumi (I just don't think anyone else has a very good shot. At all.), and the mounted gal (assuming no fliers) is... well, iono.

Yeah, and I feel like if any archer OTHER than Takumi was shown right now, people would be kind of upset since he's the most popular Fates character other than Camilla.

Same for Camilla and showing different wyvern rider. Even though I would still highly prefer Minerva over her. If it was Hinoka, that wouldn't be as bad since she's a different class and weapon type.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I feel like if any archer OTHER than Takumi was shown right now, people would be kind of upset since he's the most popular Fates character other than Camilla.

Same for Camilla and showing different wyvern rider. Even though I would still highly prefer Minerva over her. If it was Hinoka, that wouldn't be as bad since she's a different class and weapon type.

I hear some people say Camilla could be a mage flier while Minerva be the axe flier. Though i feel like that might be unlikely.

2 minutes ago, votris11 said:

I hear some people say Camilla could be a mage flier while Minerva be the axe flier. Though i feel like that might be unlikely.

Yeah, that's possible, but maybe not likely, yeah.

The Corrin psycho lover and Shinon Jr. are fine by me. As a side thought- I wonder how laser bow boy would look with a complete Shinon recolor (clothes and hair alike).

At this point, I'm in a mildly bitter mood with the game, but that doesn't mean I won't buy it, I went through a similar phase with Smash 4. I'm not lacking for new games right now, and come the holidays a Switch with BotW (which I'm also in a slightly bitter mood with for some reason), and SMO and XBC2 will provide entertainment aplenty. I snag FEW later after the hype dies down, maybe after it's been discounted by like $10 or something.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Corrin psycho lover and Shinon Jr. are fine by me. As a side thought- I wonder how laser bow boy would look with a complete Shinon recolor (clothes and hair alike).

At this point, I'm in a mildly bitter mood with the game, but that doesn't mean I won't buy it, I went through a similar phase with Smash 4. I'm not lacking for new games right now, and come the holidays a Switch with BotW (which I'm also in a slightly bitter mood with for some reason), and SMO and XBC2 will provide entertainment aplenty. I snag FEW later after the hype dies down, maybe after it's been discounted by like $10 or something.

Why so bitter?

And you'll probably be waiting a while if you're waiting for a discount.

Hmm... well, if we're going by the argument that "mounted" = cavalier, then that limits our range of choices to Sully, Peri, Sophie (ha), Cecil, or Midia.  The latter two would be... very interesting choices.  I mean, I'd be fine with mowing down hordes of enemies with either of the OG cavalier ladies.  If we counted bow knights... then I guess that'd mean Severa, who I assume would be paired with Niles.  Not sure why they'd reveal either of those two in particular before any of the Fates royals though, unless Severa is considered under the Awakening pool.

I would hope that it doesn't mean we'll get more Awakening characters... but then again, I do actually like Swolly and the Archest of Archers, so I'm in a predicament here...  Though I'm very much expecting it to be Takumeme and Cowmill...  The former of which I'm definitely looking forward to.  In either case, the archer reveal is well timed, since we already got the first flier out of the way.  Perhaps we'll get a demonstration of the archer vs. flier advantage in action?

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why so bitter?

Disillusionment perhaps? But it isn't like I'm horribly disappointed with FEW or anything- I'm not celebrating to high heavens either, I'm rather ambivalent. I can't define what it is exactly. Am I letting small things get under my skin a little too easily? Whatever it is, I wish it wasn't there.

BotW, well the problem is less the game itself, which I've been keeping myself in the dark about for the sake of unbiased first impressions (yet invariably partway in I'll hop online for some gameplay advice), is due in part to a self-loathing coming from the fact I've had a terrible record when it comes to actually completing a number of Zelda games, and me not 100%-ing XBCX or tackling the superbosses in XBC. I've told myself I'll get to finishing SS or TH all this summer, and what do I have for it? Nothing accomplished- and the only things I need to do are vanquishing The Lady and getting the Faron 3rd of the Song and everything that comes thereafter. XBCX, well I finished the story at last, and I've tackled most of the Affinity Missions, but I still have a few undone and can't bring myself to grind augments and an Ares for the superbosses, but I feel compelled to do so. Similarly, once I discovered competitive battling in Pokemon, I couldn't ever bring myself to catch legendaries again because, although I don't play online at all, I can't help but feel that I must aim for the proper natures and IVs or it's a waste. This helped contribute to my falling out with Pokemon- this despite me several years after the fallout still having a poster of the old 150 hanging lovingly on a bedroom wall. In Fire Emblem on the other hand, I never succumbed to instituting breeding programs in Awakening and Fates.

But maybe this isn't the topic for me to air my gaming grievances.

My theories:

For the Archers, the ones I expect the most are:

• Archaneia: Jeorge.
  • Awakening: Virion.
  • Fates: Takumi.

If "mounted" means cavalry, the ones I expect the most are: 

• Archaneia: Midia.
  • Awakening: Sully.
  • Fates: Elise.

If "mounted" means fliers, the ones I expect the most are:

• Archaneia: Caeda.
  • Awakening: Cherche.
  • Fates: Camilla.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, please no...

And yet, you're probably right given how Cia was treated in HW...

I see no good reason for  them not to, it aught to save a good bit of time so they can get around to fixing the Freddy hammer.

Or working on that Ike dlc they absolutely must have planned.

To be serious though, considering that this is camilla we are talking about can't think of anything else for an entrance, other than doing some meaningless attacks at nothing which wouldn't make near as much sense for camilla. Just add an extra few seconds of Camilla walking to and mounting Corrin her wyvern and then it screeching and then they take off.

Crap, Freddy hammer will never be fixed at this rate. I don't even like Camilla.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

9 hours ago, Iridium said:

why would you even bother including astram if you're not giving him mercurius, and at that point he's just another sword user
he technically can wield axes but that's on the level of giving ike urvan and calling it a day

What I mean by that is does give us more options for a shadow dragon axe unit, I mean look at Frederick and Lissa, Frederick is known for using lances in Awakening, and his fates dlc appearance, yet in heroes, cipher, and now warriors he uses an axe. Lissa is more of a mixed card, given she's been showcased as a sage and a war cleric, but is still known for being a cleric at default and she uses axes. What I'm saying is that it opens options giving characters weapons they're not too well known for, and Astram and Midia have a correlation, being lovers and knights of Archanea, so given we're speculating on a female mounted unit, Midia would be an oddball pick, but could work if Astram and Jeorge (who fits the archer bill we're also speculating on) are also included and have IDK been sent by Hardin/Nyna to assist Marth or whatever. That's my logic, but I can see why it's not likely given Astram is known for wielding Mercurius and Midia doesn't have much to go on.