Roster question/speculation?

So it's already been officially stated that the three main games for Warriors will be Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. But does that mean the cast will consist of characters from ONLY those three games, or is there a chance that a couple popular ones from a couple other games to make the roster? If I recall, didn't they say that Intelligent Systems asked them to use specific characters, and pointed them towards some of the character polls they've done? I don't expect characters like Boyd or Canas to make an appearance, but is it still possible that super-popular characters like Lyn and Ike could be in the base game (likely as the only representatives of their respective games and with little to do with the story)?

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So it's already been officially stated that the three main games for Warriors will be Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. But does that mean the cast will consist of characters from ONLY those three games, or is there a chance that a couple popular ones from a couple other games to make the roster? If I recall, didn't they say that Intelligent Systems asked them to use specific characters, and pointed them towards some of the character polls they've done? I don't expect characters like Boyd or Canas to make an appearance, but is it still possible that super-popular characters like Lyn and Ike could be in the base game (likely as the only representatives of their respective games and with little to do with the story)?

I'm thinking Lyn, Roy, Ike, and the like will be DLC much like how Hyrule Warriors started with 3 games and expanded out via dlc.

They may be granted an exception, but they have repeated the "Awakening, Shadow Dragon & Fates" mantra, and do recall polls didn't effect that TMS only had Shadow Dragon & Awakening characters.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm thinking Lyn, Roy, Ike, and the like will be DLC much like how Hyrule Warriors started with 3 games and expanded out via dlc.

They may be granted an exception, but they have repeated the "Awakening, Shadow Dragon & Fates" mantra, and do recall polls didn't effect that TMS only had Shadow Dragon & Awakening characters.

I was thinking at least Lyn, Roy and Ike might be exceptions due to their own popularity, but I don't really expect much less.

I know, but if I recalled (I may be recalling wrong, I dunno) correctly, didn't IS SPECIFICALLY point them to polls and tell them to use certain characters?

41 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I was thinking at least Lyn, Roy and Ike might be exceptions due to their own popularity, but I don't really expect much less.

I know, but if I recalled (I may be recalling wrong, I dunno) correctly, didn't IS SPECIFICALLY point them to polls and tell them to use certain characters?

Yeah, but Awakening & Fates both have very huge character popularity polls which is likely what they meant, and its not just IS it was also Ninty

Theres also the fact that they likely picked the roster before Heroes even came out with the CYH, because it was stated the game was in development before the "what franchise would you like to see a Musou game of" was done in a Famtisu article and that KT had to change their conceptual designs for Rowan and Lianna because they looked too close to the Heroes OCs when they presented them to IS. 

Edited by Jedi

I can see Ike and Roy being in the base game, but nobody else from outside the three games mainly being used. I WOULD say Lyn as well, but her popularity wasn't really established until after the Heroes poll which came far into development for FE Warriors. Lyn would've had to be a late addition to make it into the base game and I feel like Koei would then just say she might as well be DLC at that point.

Ike and Roy have been popular for years now thanks to Smash as well as the FE crowd generally liking Tellius.

Edited by Anacybele

It would be pretty silly if Ike, Roy, Alm and Celica weren't in the game in some form, especially since Amiibo support is confirmed.

Though, it would be funny (albeit a slap in the face) if swiping the Amiibo just gave you the Ragnell/Binding Blade/Kingsfang/Beloved Zofia for free use with any sword-user.

8 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Though, it would be funny (albeit a slap in the face) if swiping the Amiibo just gave you the Ragnell/Binding Blade/Kingsfang/Beloved Zofia for free use with any sword-user.

HUGE slap in the face! I don't want the characters themselves to be locked behind their Amiibo, but I WOULD like for them to be in the game anyway, DLC or not, and their Amiibo unlock costumes or something for them.

I don't think anyone outside of Fates/Awakening/SD stands a chance of being in the game. amiibo doesn't matter because unlike Chrom and Tiki, Ike's/Roy's/Alm's/Celica's amiibo was/were not made for use with this game.

16 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I don't think anyone outside of Fates/Awakening/SD stands a chance of being in the game. amiibo doesn't matter because unlike Chrom and Tiki, Ike's/Roy's/Alm's/Celica's amiibo was/were not made for use with this game.

Except they CAN be used for the game and on top of that, no Amiibo were specifically made for HW either. Not to mention that every Zelda character that got an Amiibo were playable in HW, including Toon Link who got to be in HW Legends.

So yes, Amiibo do matter.

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

It would be pretty silly if Ike, Roy, Alm and Celica weren't in the game in some form, especially since Amiibo support is confirmed.

I feel like them being in the base game would just be a can of worms, their inclusion would likely devolve onto, where is micaiah, can't have Ike without soren, give us elincia, I really want to see hector in hd, how dare you add roy and not lillina. I may be a bit cynical even thinking that that could be the outcome but I just think that breaking their own word on the whole only 3 games thing would be a bad idea.

I wish that amiibos gave their weapons rather than that clunky amiibo summoning we got in SoV, there was never a good time to use them and their stats were horrible, not to mention that if you had an original 3ds you had to pull out the amiibo scanner which was more trouble than it was worth.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except they CAN be used for the game and on top of that, no Amiibo were specifically made for HW either. Not to mention that every Zelda character that got an Amiibo were playable in HW, including Toon Link who got to be in HW Legends.

So yes, Amiibo do matter.

Just because they can be used in the game doesn't mean that they're guaranteed an appearance. There are amiibo that were made for use with Fire Emblem Warriors - Chrom and Tiki. That's the difference. Roy, Ike, etc. got their amiibo through Smash and Echoes. Chrom and Tiki got theirs through this game.

You say Toon Link got to be in Legends, yes, but that's because that they literally focused on Wind Waker for that game. The new characters (at the start) were King Daphnes, Tetra, Toon Link, Skull Kid and Linkle, the first three from Wind Waker. Toon Link didn't get in because he had an amiibo. He got in because he's a Wind Waker character and they wanted to capitalize on that game in their HW port.

Regardless, the first Zelda characters with amiibo were the Smash ones, meaning Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik and Toon Link. The first 3 are the core characters. They were guaranteed an appearance. Like I said before, Toon Link is a Wind Waker character and they focused on Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time for Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U. Because Legends focused on WW he was definitely in. Sheik is iffy but she is literally Zelda, she wasn't that surprising to see. Also, Hyrule Warriors (for the Wii U) released a few months before amiibo did so how could they base their roster picks off of something that didn't exist yet???

amiibo has had no bearing on Hyrule Warriors or Legends, regarding their roster choices. amiibo doesn't matter.

38 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Just because they can be used in the game doesn't mean that they're guaranteed an appearance.

It would be ridiculous if their Amiibo were usable in the game, but the characters not playable. Especially since Ike is super popular. There'd be a lot of rage if he wasn't playable, and yet you can use his Amiibo with the game. The many Roy fans would be equally upset.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It would be ridiculous if their Amiibo were usable in the game, but the characters not playable. Especially since Ike is super popular. There'd be a lot of rage if he wasn't playable, and yet you can use his Amiibo with the game. The many Roy fans would be equally upset.

It wouldn't be ridiculous at all. A lot of work goes into making a playable character. They're not going to add in an extra 4 characters because "amiibo".

There's been a lot of strange compatibility mishaps regarding amiibo too. The Corrin amiibo wasn't compatible with Fates lol. Daisy and Waluigi weren't compatible in Mario Party 10. All of the new Mario amiibo (Daisy, Waluigi, Boo, Diddy Kong) aren't compatible in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but the Splatoon amiibo are.

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

Rage on the internet? Damn, I guess they have no choice then. 

And also this.

5 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

It wouldn't be ridiculous at all. A lot of work goes into making a playable character. They're not going to add in an extra 4 characters because "amiibo".

There's been a lot of strange compatibility mishaps regarding amiibo too. The Corrin amiibo wasn't compatible with Fates lol. Daisy and Waluigi weren't compatible in Mario Party 10. All of the new Mario amiibo (Daisy, Waluigi, Boo, Diddy Kong) aren't compatible in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but the Splatoon amiibo are.

It would be ridiculous. The Amiibo are already available and were usable in other FE related games and even a NON FE game in Codename Steam. They're going to add the characters as DLC at least because they're popular FE characters.

You DO realize the Corrin Amiibo came out WAY after Fates was released, don't you? Even after Fates DLC was done. Those other Mario Amiibo also came out AFTER Mario Party 10 did. I don't know about MK8 Deluxe though, that is pretty silly, though none of those are particularly popular or notable characters. But that's a different game from a different developer anyway.

Ike and Roy are very popular and definitely warrant an appearance in FE Warriors at least as DLC.

TBH, I just don't see them adding lords from previous games other than SD, A and F. I mean, if they were to add Ike, Roy, Lyn etc. then you would have people complaining about other characters from those games not being in.

But also, it makes more sense to have your best selling parts in the game first, see how it does, then add more later. Like if the game does well, they would be easily able to squeeze more money out of people by having DLC for the other popular characters such as Ike, Roy and Lyn. I mean, if they added all the most popular characters in teh base game, what could they do for DLC? Not much, and people may not buy it. It wouldn't be worth the risk. Also, I think people forget, these are companies. They are gonna do what can get them the most money possible. Money is more important then pleasing the fans that complain, because the majority of fans that are complaining about muh Ikes and muh Hectors, are still gonna buy the game and Toei are gonna milk the money by making DLC with those fan favorite characters.

It would be ridiculous. The Amiibo are already available and were usable in other FE related games and even a NON FE game in Codename Steam. They're going to add the characters as DLC at least because they're popular FE characters.

You DO realize the Corrin Amiibo came out WAY after Fates was released, don't you? Even after Fates DLC was done. Those other Mario Amiibo also came out AFTER Mario Party 10 did. I don't know about MK8 Deluxe though, that is pretty silly, though none of those are particularly popular or notable characters. But that's a different game from a different developer anyway.

Ike and Roy are very popular and definitely warrant an appearance in FE Warriors at least as DLC.

Yeah, the amiibo are usable in other games. But that doesn't mean they have to be usable in this one and they have to get you a playable character. I never said they couldn't be DLC either. The FE amiibo were usuable in Codename Steam because that game was developed by the same people, Intelligent Systems.

Yes, I realize the Corrin amiibo released long after Fates. They could still had gone back and done a little update or something though but they didn't care. When they went back and did more amiibo for Splatoon (Callie and Marie) they made them do something. Also, the Mario series Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Wario came out on the same day as Daisy and Waluigi, 11/04/2016, yet the first three were compatible and Daisy and Waluigi were not. Keep in mind Mario Party 10 released in March 2015, and even though a year and a half had passed they still made the new amiibo do something. And I don't know about you, but Waluigi and Daisy are VERY popular, I'd have to say probably the most popular spinoff characters for the Mario series. This just proves that amiibo don't guarantee an appearance in something.

I never said Ike and Roy shouldn't ever be in Warriors, personally I wouldn't care either way. I'm just saying amiibo don't matter at all when it comes to a game's roster.

Just now, Pokechu said:

Yeah, the amiibo are usable in other games. But that doesn't mean they have to be usable in this one and they have to get you a playable character. I never said they couldn't be DLC either. The FE amiibo were usuable in Codename Steam because that game was developed by the same people, Intelligent Systems.

Yes, I realize the Corrin amiibo released long after Fates. They could still had gone back and done a little update or something though but they didn't care. When they went back and did more amiibo for Splatoon (Callie and Marie) they made them do something. Also, the Mario series Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Wario came out on the same day as Daisy and Waluigi, 11/04/2016, yet the first three were compatible and Daisy and Waluigi were not. Keep in mind Mario Party 10 released in March 2015, and even though a year and a half had passed they still made the new amiibo do something. And I don't know about you, but Waluigi and Daisy are VERY popular, I'd have to say probably the most popular spinoff characters for the Mario series. This just proves that amiibo don't guarantee an appearance in something.

I never said Ike and Roy shouldn't ever be in Warriors, personally I wouldn't care either way. I'm just saying amiibo don't matter at all when it comes to a game's roster.

Yes, and IS is overseeing this game too, because it's a Fire Emblem related game. Ike and Roy HAVE to be playable or else face a lot of fan rage.

It would've been a lot of work to update the game just for one or two Amiibo. Same reason Roy was not made compatible with Fates. they'd have to get him his own model and a voice actor and skills and all. I'm not sure what Corrin would've done, but Corrin came out so long after Fates that it was pointless. DLC for the game was done and everything.

I think Amiibo do matter when they're popular characters whose Amiibo have been usable in other FE games which allowed them to be playable.

Yes, and IS is overseeing this game too, because it's a Fire Emblem related game. Ike and Roy HAVE to be playable or else face a lot of fan rage.

It would've been a lot of work to update the game just for one or two Amiibo. Same reason Roy was not made compatible with Fates. they'd have to get him his own model and a voice actor and skills and all. I'm not sure what Corrin would've done, but Corrin came out so long after Fates that it was pointless. DLC for the game was done and everything.

I think Amiibo do matter when they're popular characters whose Amiibo have been usable in other FE games which allowed them to be playable.

The game is focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. No one outside of those three games has to be playable. Why? Because they're from games that aren't being focused on. Fan rage on the internet aren't going to make them add additional characters they did not plan for.

You say it'll be a lot of work to update the game for just a few amiibo but they did it with Mario Party 10 and Splatoon (which I just explained in my last post). Sometimes they feel the need to go back and update the game for the new amiibo, sometimes they don't. I'm just saying this shows that amiibo don't matter as much as you think they do. Roy and Ike may have been playable via amiibo in other FE games, but that's other FE games. This is a new spinoff that is specifically focusing on three games, those three being games that Roy and Ike do not appear in. Characters in Fire Emblem are nowhere near as complex as characters in Warriors. It's silly to expect characters to get in because they have a physical figurine.

I think there is a chance we get a few. I will be shocked if Ike and Roy dont make it. Amiibo factor alone influences that, and their popularity in the franchise as a whole. At this points its like if Marth or Lucina werent included.

I can also see at least Celica and Alm as DLC. Probably not in the base game itself, but they would make for a great DLC pack including a few new maps and just those two. I can also see it being packaged with alt costumes for the White Wings and Camus if they make it in.

Edited by Tolvir

2 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

The game is focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. No one outside of those three games has to be playable. Why? Because they're from games that aren't being focused on. Fan rage on the internet aren't going to make them add additional characters they did not plan for.

You say it'll be a lot of work to update the game for just a few amiibo but they did it with Mario Party 10 and Splatoon (which I just explained in my last post). Sometimes they feel the need to go back and update the game for the new amiibo, sometimes they don't. I'm just saying this shows that amiibo don't matter as much as you think they do. Roy and Ike may have been playable via amiibo in other FE games, but that's other FE games. This is a new spinoff that is specifically focusing on three games, those three being games that Roy and Ike do not appear in. Characters in Fire Emblem are nowhere near as complex as characters in Warriors. It's silly to expect characters to get in because they have a physical figurine.

Correction: MOSTLY on SD, Awakening, and Fates. So Ike and Roy have a fair shot and really should be playable.

I expect Ike and Roy to be in because they're popular and have Amiibo, not just because they have Amiibo.

Correction: MOSTLY on SD, Awakening, and Fates. So Ike and Roy have a fair shot and really should be playable.

I expect Ike and Roy to be in because they're popular and have Amiibo, not just because they have Amiibo.

They could have used mostly in regards to there being multiple OC characters, so the focus would be spread on SD, Awakening, Fates, and Rowan/Lianna's world. Regardless, I don't think Ike and Roy are still that likely because if it's just those two that are outside the Shadow Dragon/Fates/Awakening triangle, why not package them as DLC? They are a business, after all.

You can expect any characters you want. I'm not the person to tell you you can't, as I'm personally hoping for all 10 royals, but it wouldn't be surprising if Ike and Roy weren't included. amiibo really doesn't mean anything imho, considering they got theirs through Smash and not this game. If Ike happens to get in, cool. If he doesn't, I won't be shocked.

3 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

it wouldn't be surprising if Ike and Roy weren't included.

I think it would be very surprising. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.