Class Changing Predictions

Let's say every character in the game has access to some sort of class-changing feature, as it's hinted that will be present in the game. This can also double as a place to discuss class changing when it's formally announced!

Assuming it works more like Second Seals, what classes would you all like to see the currently revealed characters get as secondary options? You can include other characters that you think'll get in too!

I can see Lianna or Rowen getting a mounted option, like Rowan as a Paladin, Lianna as a Pegasus Knight. Paladin Chrom would be cool to see too!

Knight Lord Marth, Sorcerer Robin, Sage Lissa, Wyvern Lord Frederick, Sniper Lucina, Hero Cordelia, Master of Arms Ryoma, Great Knight Xander, and Wyvern Lord Corrin would all be cool to see as well!

Let's say every character in the game has access to some sort of class-changing feature, as it's hinted that will be present in the game. This can also double as a place to discuss class changing when it's formally announced!

Assuming it works more like Second Seals, what classes would you all like to see the currently revealed characters get as secondary options? You can include other characters that you think'll get in too!

I can see Lianna or Rowen getting a mounted option, like Rowan as a Paladin, Lianna as a Pegasus Knight. Paladin Chrom would be cool to see too!

Knight Lord Marth, Sorcerer Robin, Sage Lissa, Wyvern Lord Frederick, Sniper Lucina, Hero Cordelia, Master of Arms Ryoma, Great Knight Xander, and Wyvern Lord Corrin would all be cool to see as well!

Personally, I don't like reclassing, if typical class changes are a thing, I would rather that there be no cosmetic or playstyle differences upon class changes. I think that if they do make it a thing, I would hope that any cosmetic differences are only alternate costumes which are unlocked after a class change and for maybe some attacks are only available after class changes. 

I don't think that we will be seeing reclassing in warriors because it would be meaningless and only promote laziness on the part of the devs. Why add new characters when everyone can be every character.

There'd be a lot of characters that would get classes others already have if "reclassing" did mean second-sealing or SD-esque reclassing, but it'd be interesting to see if they'd be more effective as those classes than others.  Like if Takumi would actually be a better sword master than Ryoma in spite of him not being able to use either Raijinto or the Fujin Yumi as such.  Sort of like seeing which skills in Heroes would be better under certain units' possessions.  I have to wonder what alternate classes the avatars would get, though; I can't imagine they'd just get access to every single alternate class out there.

I would hope, however, that they don't use it as an excuse to keep some characters out of the game.  I could easily see them just giving Hinoka and Takumi the ability to change to spear fighter, and them saying, "Hey, we don't ever need to add Oboro, Ephraim, or any other lance infantry unit 'cuz one of the characters can already become one!"  Of course that'd be quite unreasonable if they already put in the resources and effort in making a class that is the base class for some other character, but these days you can never place your faith in a company to do the reasonable thing...

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't think that we will be seeing reclassing in warriors...

But I'm pretty sure they confirmed in an interview that reclassing will be a thing.  Of course, they haven't given specifics like if it only is promotions or actually changing into a different class entirely, but rest assured it's in there in some form.

It'll probably just be promotions, without weapon or major moveset modifications. Though I do recall the weapon system used in several Samurai Warriors games, where everyone had Normal versions of their weapon, plus Power and Speed variants- the former being slower but better at breaking guards and flinching, while the latter is faster.

Like pointed out in another thread, although "class changes" are confirmed, that term is used for promotions. So, we could get something like Marth class changing into a "Star Lord/Lodestar", which would be just his New Mystery design, and Chrom and Lucina becoming Great Lords and gaining the extra armor from that, but with no moveset changes aside from maybe a couple of extra attacks or new musou.

If there's reclassing too though, I'd guess it'll work like in Fates or Awakening, with each character having one or two generic classes/movesets available for them. It's hard to say at this point, since we've mostly seen lords or characters with their movesets built around legendary weapons (Ryoma, Xander), but Lissa's moveset and animations do seem like they'd be generic enough to be used for a generic Cleric/War Cleric class.

Edited by NeonZ

Something I thought about, if characters promote and get their promoted appearance, does that mean Chrom will wear the Fire Emblem despite the face he shouldn't have it yet and there is already a new one for this game? Still, I do hope that promotions come with the new appearance.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Something I thought about, if characters promote and get their promoted appearance, does that mean Chrom will wear the Fire Emblem despite the face he shouldn't have it yet and there is already a new one for this game? Still, I do hope that promotions come with the new appearance.

In awakening if you have chrom class change before you get the fire emblem it will not show up on his character model, the same happens after it is stolen.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

In awakening if you have chrom class change before you get the fire emblem it will not show up on his character model, the same happens after it is stolen.

Ah, right, right. Forgot about that (even if I did not notice that myself). Guess they could do that, but it just won't be the same without him using the Fire Emblem as an actual shield...even if he still blocks with his sword.

I feel like if they have branching promotions, they could keep the combos mostly the same, but change a little depending on what their class is. I'm not sure if I explained it well enough, so I'll try to give an example: Dark Flier Cordelia could use tomes in a few combos and Falcon Knight Cordelia would have different combos where she uses lances instead (Said combos would probably be unavailable before promotion), but otherwise their moveset would be the same.

With as large of a roster as we are looking at, Im not sure we will see any significant change class wise. I can see promotions, and I can see maybe the ability to use a different weapon through "class change", but nothing too drastic.

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I suspect Promotions will mostly just be lip service to the idea of it. A stat boost and a new costume, but probably no significant gameplay changes such as a new weapon or acquisition of a mount.

As long as I get the promoted costumes I was robbed of in Smash.