So how was your day?

Fryer

Mine was mixed in a way. Last night, I was out with my family at a Chinese buffet. Had 3 plates of sushi and savory foods drenched in a sauce; on top of that my uncle who lives 100 miles away visited and gave us several leftover desserts from a party which I then binged on. I don't have a history of ED, but the quantity of food I ate that night (I am a small dude mind you) left me bloated as hell this morning. Spent today feeling sore (presumably from excess sodium and/or a reaction to the ingredients) and gassy. Also woke up to news of Lycanroc's new form which I felt "meh" towards to.

In other news, I am a new driver and I had just drove for an hour in a freeway and am feeling pretty proud.

So how was your day?

Edited by Fryer

I didn't do much today, just homework and games. My mom went to the nearest town (we live in a community, btw) to buy some needed things. She bought a shirt for me, so that's nice.

So, yeah, not much happened.

1 minute ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I didn't do much today, just homework and games. My mom went to the nearest town (we live in a community, btw) to buy some needed things. She bought a shirt for me, so that's nice.

So, yeah, not much happened.

Sounds like most days for me; real life is mundane especially if you have a job or go to school. At least I (and hopefully everyone else in this forum) have a roof over their heads.

I have been having a real crumby couple of weeks and have been depressed because of my horse suddenly dying and today is the first day I feel like normal.  I am still sad though, but I guess I am getting used to him being gone.  I always get depressed for awhile after losing an animal family member and it takes me a while to get back to feeling normal.

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have been having a real crumby couple of weeks and have been depressed because of my horse suddenly dying and today is the first day I feel like normal.  I am still sad though, but I guess I am getting used to him being gone.  I always get depressed for awhile after losing an animal family member and it takes me a while to get back to feeling normal.

I am so sorry to hear that! May he frolic in horsey heaven until you meet again.

I was similar when my 13 year old black lab had to be put to sleep. You just have to take each day as it comes. The grief won't go away, but it will get easier to deal with. I still miss my Blacky sometimes, and it's been like 5 years.

I think it would be neat to have a horse and be able to ride him or her, but I don't live in the country. And plus, mucking stalls. Worse than picking up dog poop.

@Fryer Explain what ED is? I know it means one thing, but from context, I'm pretty sure it's not that lol.

Edited by Dragoncat

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I am so sorry to hear that! May he frolic in horsey heaven until you meet again.

I was similar when my 13 year old black lab had to be put to sleep. You just have to take each day as it comes. The grief won't go away, but it will get easier to deal with. I still miss my Blacky sometimes, and it's been like 5 years.

I think it would be neat to have a horse and be able to ride him or her, but I don't live in the country. And plus, mucking stalls. Worse than picking up dog poop.

@Fryer Explain what ED is? I know it means one thing, but from context, I'm pretty sure it's not that lol.

ED- Eating Disorder. Had to bring it up since I ate a lot of food which I do not normally do.

15 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Thanks and I still miss my 12 year old mutt that passed away when I was 15,  I have had several animal in my life and to me they are my family and getting used to them being gone takes awhile.  Mucking stalls is a pain but since I live in a desert area the humidity is low so it doesn't smell that strongly, so I like where I live for the most part.

36 minutes ago, Fryer said:

ED- Eating Disorder. Had to bring it up since I ate a lot of food which I do not normally do.

Oh okay.

29 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Thanks and I still miss my 12 year old mutt that passed away when I was 15,  I have had several animal in my life and to me they are my family and getting used to them being gone takes awhile.  Mucking stalls is a pain but since I live in a desert area the humidity is low so it doesn't smell that strongly, so I like where I live for the most part.

Huh, I'd think it would stink more in a hotter area like a desert. Learn something new every day.

Totally agree with you there, they become family. When I get to heaven I'm going to have a army of furry angels greeting me. I've had a bunch already!

Hung out at my friend's house. We played a whole marathon of fighting games on PS3 and PS4 then watched some youtube videos and ate pizza. Pretty chill Sunday afternoon with the best friend.

I was tired as heck because a friend of mine sent me a speedrun of FF7 the day before so I watched that all night and then felt like a vegetable yesterday :D

Spent some time cursing on FF4: TAY because of the damn Bahamut bestiary entry >:(

Other than that, coding, derping around with responsibilities and looking up stuff for work as per orders because REDACTED.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, Fryer said:

Sounds like most days for me; real life is mundane especially if you have a job or go to school. At least I (and hopefully everyone else in this forum) have a roof over their heads.

Yeah, pretty much. Although some things do happen at times, it's mostly mundane.

Anyways, last night I found out that an older kid from the school right next to ours died yesterday, while jogging on the track in our community. Initially, it was assumed he had a heart attack, but he actually had Wilson's disease, and was having a seizure when he collapsed. His funeral prayer was held today, but unfortunately, my classmates and I were unable to go (most of the students from the other classes were able to, so I don't why they stopped us). When I came back home, I found out from my mother that his two older sisters died the same way, by the same disease, the same day and they all had the same age when they died. It was really sad to know, and I can only imagine how their parents were handling this. I regret not being able to attend the funeral prayer...

In other news, my throat is sore. This always happens to me every time after summer vacations and before new year. At least I'll be able to go to school.

I don't know, I just have been having a tough day today because of jaw and now neck pain. The jaw pain may likely be because of my new retainers that I put in last Wednesday that feel a bit awkward at times.

• 1 month later...