Games you wish would receive more love

Rapier

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, Pixelman said:

ROMANCING SAGA 2

Something I really admire about Akitoshi Kawazu is his ability to create totally unconvential yet incredibly innovative and entertaining games. I believe Romancing SaGa 2 is his Magnum Opus. It's a game that's vastly different from its peers (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc.) yet manages to outdo them in part due to its sheer exoticness. Multiple generations, sparking, LP, magic fusion, open-ended/non-linear gameplay... I can go on. There's so much shit packed into the game I'm suprised it managed to even see the light of day. It boasts a lot of replayability for a JRPG released in 1993 and, crypticness aside, it has aged quite well IMO.

It's kinda hard to get into (and might warrant some restarts to get a full grasp on the mechanics), but when you really get into the groove, it's an extremely entertaining experience. There are flaws of course; the game feels a tad unpolished at times and the game doesn't explain certain mechanics to you (global levels). Also, it's quite unforgiving in terms of difficulty at times, especially in the earlygame, and there are many times when you might be wandering around looking for what to do next. However, I think the pros outweigh the cons, and it's easy in this day and age to look up information regarding any of the more obtuse mechanics anyways.

You can get it on your iPhone/Android for $17.99. Steep price for a mobile game, I know, but well worth the price considering what you're getting. It is a Square game, but it's the only portable Square game I haven't had trouble with.

I did play Romancing Saga 2 and I really enjoyed it. =)
I also think it is quite challenging and has many possibilities on which order you play it.
I also find the Soundtrack of Saga games quite enjoyable.

Seiken Densetsu in generell
Many people I know only like Secret of Mana, but I think the series completed it unique style in Legend of Mana ;/.
Also as an action RPG fan I had a real good time, it's a world I truly like.
This is also the reason why I am into Ever Oasis now, i really like the games from Koichi Ishii.

Another Series I where I would like to see something new ist Mystical Ninja (Goemon).
But I guess it will never happen. D=

22 hours ago, Water Mage said:

What's the problem with stages? Sure, the karts are not as fast, but I always thought they got that F-Zero "feel" on the tracks pretty well. Why such animosity?

I say, "No they have not." I've seen footages from youtube showing the different versions of Mute City, and the sluggishness and the lack of speed in Mario Kart 8 is blatant. I mean, it's 80-100km vs 1000-1300+; how is that not obviously different? Nowhere near as awesome as the speeds you get in F-Zero GC or N64. Nintendo deciding to kiddify F-Zero through this instead of releasing an actual F-Zero, or even an HD version of the F-Zero GC game actually makes me hate the Mario Kart series even more, to the point that I'm making my boycott official. Ding dong! To hell with Spastic Mario Kart!

Edited by henrymidfields

• 1 month later...

Amazon Trail.

a lot of us know of or played Oregon Trail. But unlike Oregon where most of the events were RNG, you could control your path in Amazon manually. You also got to learn some nifty information about the ecosystem and people in the Amazon. Also, Lope de Aguirre was the first video game asshole I encountered.