Seeking critique (GBA Portrait splices)

Blake43215

I've been toying around with randomly reclassing FE8 characters, and I decided to try my hand at splicing some more appropriate portraits for them. 
I'm quite new to it, so the splices aren't entirely detailed, this first post is mainly looking for insight about my stitch work.

Spoiler

Colm(5x).png.6feb88eb5d363cf0a3320d200db255c6.pngNeimi(5x).png.560068c2cc229591c5b2bb8ef60cb40e.png

Lord Colm and his knight Niemi.

Spoiler

Garcia(5x).png.c6db29b7b5d69a0a756787a7c1db836d.pngRoss(5x).png.0b8732031ed663961b82e665687293bb.png

Merc Garcia and Theif Ross.

Spoiler

Lute(5x).png.05118da1518bb87d7d0bacf87036e9ae.pngMoulder(5x).png.347cbe42a5549b975f05682e0d9f6359.pngCormag(5x).png.1afd7d1e34357e5b2f7215271ce4a221.pngEirika(5x).png.91d088a03120d0a933edde71ffed0fcf.png

Fighter, Cavalier, Myrmidon, and Monk in their respective, miscellaneous orders.

Thanks.

Edited by Blake43215
Made the portraits bigger

Going by what Lenh said earlier, even though I'm no critic super experienced in this field, the proportions of the splices don't mesh well. It doesn't look natural, so change whatever needs to be changed to make it fit if you want to. Nothing is impossible if you put in the effort.

Aside from obvious splices, it's not a bad start. I would have liked it a bit more if the mugs didn't retain their hair colors to make them different and not so glaring.

3 hours ago, Lenh said:

Most of them look okay, Garcia, Lute, and Ross have more serious body mismatches and neck issues.

I can see how I need to beef up lute, and that Ross needs his head straightened (though this will be a challenge for me), but what's messy about Garcia? His neck, his body proportion, or the direction he's looking? 

2 hours ago, Blade said:

I would have liked it a bit more if the mugs didn't retain their hair colors to make them different and not so glaring.

The concept behind the splice wasn't to create a new mug, it was to change the class of the already existing character. My reasoning behind that is

Spoiler

I was messing around with randomly changing the classes in nightmare for a new twist on my favorite FE game, and some of the outcomes got me thinking of new backstories for those characters, IE, if colm was a minor Lord who intended to storm the bandit camp with his knight Niemi. Or if Garcia and Ross had been part of that group ransacking the villages and happened to get caught. 

TL:DR 

His body proportion relative to his head. In the original he's pretty big and muscular and has the head and neck muscles to match. You spliced him with a medium-build medium size individual with no real alterations to match his previous bulk, so it's a little bobble-head like.