Refreshers?

Refreshers?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Type?

• Dancer
    • Bard
    • Heron/Laguz
    • Songstress
    • Something New (i.e. Flag Bearer, Trumpeteer, etc.)
    • I don't care, I'll use them regardless
    • I won't use them anyways.
  2. 2. Secondary Skill/Asset

• Attack
    • Rallying
    • Refresh More Units At Once
    • Other

So this probably isn't that important, but I thought it may be fun. The refresher units are fun units to use and they can contribute a lot strategy-wise.

So, is there a special type of refresher you would like to see? Should they be able to attack OR would you rather have them gain other abilities, such as rallying or being able to refresh more units as they level up?

Also story-wise, how do you think they should be implemented into the world? Personally, I think a dancer that uses her talent as a distraction or a cover for an organized military group, or uses it to gain information about enemies could be interesting. A dancer that has a 'mature' feel like Tethys or Leylia/Laylea could be a nice addition to a cast roster, since those 2 characters are well received by fans. Maybe not the most popular, but there's not many complaints character-wise for them.

I would like to see a jester who refreshes units with his jokes. His goofy personality and laidback attitude is just a facade, however, and he's actually a skilled secret agent who's fiercely loyal to the protagonist and who uses the fact that enemies don't take him seriously to his advantage. He uses daggers as a weapon.

10 hours ago, Night Zap said:

I would like to see a jester who refreshes units with his jokes. His goofy personality and laidback attitude is just a facade, however, and he's actually a skilled secret agent who's fiercely loyal to the protagonist and who uses the fact that enemies don't take him seriously to his advantage. He uses daggers as a weapon.

He is also incredibly depressed using humor as a coping mechanism. His personal skill would be called fool's edge which would lower the hit and avoid of nearby enemies by 5.

I would love a manakete refresher like ninian as portrayed in fire emblem heroes in a main series FE.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of want to see a minstrel/ bard type unit. They could be mounted on a horse (for fun and uniqueness). But their main gimmick is their instruments, each instrument does different things, similar to the rings from the GBA games. 

I also want to see them be upgrade able, give them a promotion.

• 5 weeks later...

as much as i love bards and dancers, i don't mind what they will be in fe16, i'll use refreshers anyway, and i'd love them being able to refresh more units at once, just like transformed herons and dancers in fe4

this said, i'd really want to see them being able to attack: swords, lances, magic, AXES, i don't know, just let them deal at least 1 hp damage...

On 18/8/2017 at 9:28 PM, Lord_Grima said:

I also want to see them be upgrade able, give them a promotion.

i thought about it just this morning, and i thought it would be awesome

they could be unable to attack when unpromoted, but then being able to wield a weapon after promotion