Is Shura a good or bad unit in Revelations

AlphaDialga7

I heard that Shura is a good unit in Revelations because of his godlike base stats when he joins. I plan on creating a female avatar and marrying him. My plan was to reclass him into a Butler and grab Seal Strength, Seal Magic, and Seal Speed from other playthroughs. His personal skill, Highwayman, plus these three seals and daggers will result in an unholy level of debuffing.

I am now looking at his growths and caps as a Butler, and they seem.... lackluster, at best.
30% HP, 35% Str, 20% Mag, 35% Skl, 50% Spd, 40% Lck, 45% Def, and 45% Res
I want to know if I should use him or not, I really feel like he would fall behind if I i did.

He looks great on paper, considering the fact that using a Sacrificial Knife, the enemy will obtain -8 Luck, -5 Def/Res, -9 Str, -9 Mag, and -9 Speed every time he initiates combat, but his growths are killing me. If i could have some assistance, that would be great. Thanks.

Well, his bases should be able to carry him for a while, at the least. However, debuffs don't stack the way you're thinking they do (not without a certain skill that, naturally, is enemy only, that is) - instead, the biggest one is applied.

Exactly. I know about the debuffing limitations. He deprives the enemy of -8 Luck and -5 Def/Res from the Sacrificial Knife, -6 Strength from Seal Strength, -6 Magic from Seal Magic, and -6 Speed from Seal Speed. I do believe Highwayman stacks, (it didn't state that it couldn't on the Wiki), so that's why I added -3 Str and Spd. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the help, by the way.

Shura isn't exactly bad since he has great bases, weapon ranks, and contributes a lot to a team, but as Jingles says he has a lot of competition, especially since he can't get extra classes outside of his own or yours. On top of that, he's not exactly the strongest in all of the things he does. If you want a serious bowman, you got Takumi. If you need a thief, the 3 ninjas come earlier and are ninjas (shurikens op). Even staff usage has a lot of competition since you've got your little sisters, your maids/butler, etc.

If you need a space to fill for utility, then that's where he's really good. If you need a substitute ninja/ axe man, he can class change into that too. However, it's royals emblem and they fill all the spaces (except hidden weapons).

Tldr; third route is Royals emblem and he'll be lucky if there's still space for him.

Might be slightly redundant as by the time you get him, you probably have a good team already, but he sure as hell is a lot better than a lot of units that join late.  In fact, he's the only non-royal latecomer who has bases that could actually work for the chapter he joins in.  Definitely take him over the likes of the infernally useless Odin.