How about that update?

tanuki

The developers did a great job with the last updates.  There were many interface updates, that got rid of a lot of the tedium in the game.  The refresh button for the trials was just great.  Also, I appreciate that we can now go back and re-read the level 40 dialogue for our characters.  All in all a great update for the user interface.

I thought it was as interesting as the previous few updates.  The catalog of heroes is finally out, but something I've expected for a long time so no surprise there.  The new arena mode looks interesting, but for some reason they still haven't told us what we can use our coins for...like why have a new gamemode with currency that does nothing at this time?  Why not wait till you're ready for the whole thing?  I also think the whole thing could have been pushed off a bit longer because most F2P users from day 1 can't make 7 arena teams.  They could have started with a LITE mode with 3 teams and then expanded it to the 7 at a later date.  The refresh button is nice, but it's not exactly new content and there are arguments for it being a little OP, but then again you could exploit the system before.  

I thought the last update was more interesting imho.

Its nice that they added a + next to enemies who are stronger than a typical level 40.

I don't think IS knows what the sacred coins are for yet. On a side note, does anyone else think that the sacred coins are the same silver marks from SoV? they look similar at least.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

33 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I thought it was as interesting as the previous few updates.  The catalog of heroes is finally out, but something I've expected for a long time so no surprise there.  The new arena mode looks interesting, but for some reason they still haven't told us what we can use our coins for...like why have a new gamemode with currency that does nothing at this time?  Why not wait till you're ready for the whole thing?  I also think the whole thing could have been pushed off a bit longer because most F2P users from day 1 can't make 7 arena teams.  They could have started with a LITE mode with 3 teams and then expanded it to the 7 at a later date.  The refresh button is nice, but it's not exactly new content and there are arguments for it being a little OP, but then again you could exploit the system before.  

To keep us in suspense, I guess! I can't wait to find out what the sacred coins are for!

And I liked the recent updates a lot too. The refresh button in the training tower is such a big help. I'm not wasting stamina going into lower strata to reset them anymore. And the free first pull for new banners is nice!

Arena Assault is pretty interesting too.

1 hour ago, tanuki said:

The refresh button for the trials was just great. 

The refresh button is insane.

Also, I appreciate that we can now go back and re-read the level 40 dialogue for our characters.  All in all a great update for the user interface.

omg I so forgot about that

Heds off to read Sanaki's conversation again and again.

Not as major as some of the past updates, but still a good one. I really didn't expect that stratum refresh feature. That's great. The catalogue is fun to mess with a bit and Arena Assault is a decent new mode. Not much for gameplay changes this time, but the game just keeps getting better.

I figure they haven't told us the details about the coins for one of two reasons. Either they haven't finalized their plans for them, or their purpose is something that would make people think twice about spending money (in the way that knowing new banners makes some people conserve orbs).

Ok I'm gonna call it now because we have no clue what the sacred coins do yet, they will be used to upgrade weapons or purchase new weapons to units. I think they will be to weapons what hero feathers are to units.

Refresh button in Training Tower is a huge help -- it's pretty much possible to bring a lv. 1 unit all the way to lv. 40 in as few as 2 stamina bars without needlessly wasting stamina using the Starting/First Stratum or going through shit matchups.

I'm not too big of a fan of Arena Assault though I'm glad that you cannot fight the same Heroes more than once (prevents Reinhardt spam). I'm just nervous having to use units that have little synergy with one another to get through the Arena version of All Star mode.

Definitely approve of the changes to summoning banners though luck still plays a huge factor - got a 3* neutral Fir as my free summon from the BHB banner and a 4* +Def/-Spd Henry as my free summon from the Tempest Trials banner (I already have a 3* +Atk/-Spd Henry - which one's better?).

I got a +Atk Celica on the first free pull, so I'm going to give a BIG YES to "Do you like this update?"

I still think the Sacred Coins will be for seals but in my heart of hearts I wish for a "reroll nature" feature. It's nice that you can set the difficulty of Arena Assault so it's not just the territory of people with tons of awesome units.

Edited by NekoKnight

5 hours ago, Lushen said:

We did get Squad Assault added a month ago as the first 5-team mode, and Tempest Trials a month before that with the option of up to 4 teams (although not required). So moving up to 7 teams makes sense. Plus, it's possible to play it just fine even if you can't go all the way, and being able to see the opponent's team before you pick yours means it's possible to field characters and teams you could never justify in regular arena. Plus there's also the items to help.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm not too big of a fan of Arena Assault though I'm glad that you cannot fight the same Heroes more than once (prevents Reinhardt spam). I'm just nervous having to use units that have little synergy with one another to get through the Arena version of All Star mode.

What? Really? I fought a single team that had two Reinhardts and two Camus. 

Unless that was regular arena.. perhaps I'm confusing them. 

(It's the dancer spam that I'd be glad to get rid of, actually. They always screw up my defenses)

Just now, Vince777 said:

What? Really? I fought a single team that had two Reinhardts and two Camus. 

Unless that was regular arena.. perhaps I'm confusing them. 

(It's the dancer spam that I'd be glad to get rid of, actually. They always screw up my defenses)

Somebody else mentioned that they don't seem to fight the same heroes more than once. My most recent run saw no Reinhardts at all but that's because I ran a team of 3* lv. 40 units at the start. And I've only seen Reinhardt once so far in the few runs I've done.

37 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Somebody else mentioned that they don't seem to fight the same heroes more than once. My most recent run saw no Reinhardts at all but that's because I ran a team of 3* lv. 40 units at the start. And I've only seen Reinhardt once so far in the few runs I've done.

There are only 4 opponents in the score range I use for item farming (one player each fielding Elise, Leon, Reinhardt, and Olwen), meaning I will consistently fight duplicate characters.

On the other side of the spectrum, the top is filled with Hector and Effie, and you will definitely fight multiples of those.

for what it's Worth, tonight I dreamt of FE Heroes and in my dreams IS announced a new banner to pull from only with coins, at the same price(5 coins 4 coins  4 coins 4 coins 3 coins). 

In those banners we would have grand hero battle units and new units: ofcourse this time with boons and Banes The announced focus for the banner was Alvis, Idoun , Ashnard and an other that i can't remember for the life of me 

Edited by Asumi

55 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Does anyone know where I might find a list of all the characters in the order they appear in the Hero Merit catalogue? I've got 25 '?' spaces, and I want to know how close I am to filling them.

Full list:

Heroes
1. Alfonse
2. Sharena
3. Anna

Shadow Dragon / New Mystery
4. Marth
5. Jagen
6. Cain
7. Abel
8. Draug
9. Gordin
10. Luke
11. Roderick
12. Caeda
13. Caeda (Bridal Blessings)
14. Ogma
15. Barst
16. Linde
17. Jeorge
18. Michalis
19. Minerva
20. Maria
21. Palla
22. Catria
23. Est
24. Merric
25. Camus
26. Sheena
27. Tiki (young)
28. Katarina 
29. Clarisse
30. Legion
31. Navarre
32. Wrys
33. Athena

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
34. Alm
35. Lukas
36. Gray
37. Tobin
38. Faye
39. Clair
40. Clive
41. Celica
42. Mae
43. Boey
44. Genny
45. Saber
46. Leon
47. Mathilda
48. Delthea
49. Sonya
50. Berkut

Genealogy of the Holy War
51. Eldigan
52. Lachesis
53. Seliph
54. Julia

Thracia 776
55. Reinhardt
56. Olwen

Binding Blade
57. Roy
58. Lilina
59. Gwendolyn
60. Raigh
61. Cecilia
62. Klein
63. Clarine
64. Zephiel
65. Narcian
66. Shanna
67. Bartre
68. Fir
69. Sophia
70. Fae

Blazing Blade
71. Eliwood
72. Lyn
73. Lyn (Bridal Blessings)
74. Hector
75. Matthew
76. Serra
77. Raven
78. Lucius
79. Rebecca
80. Priscilla
81. Florina
82. Karel
83. Hawkeye
84. Ninian
85. Lloyd
86. Jaffar
87. Ursula
88. Nino

Sacred Stones
89. Eirika
90. Ephraim

Path of Radiance
91. Ike
92. Titania
93. Soren
94. Mist

Radiant Dawn
95. Sanaki

Awakening
96. Chrom
97. Chrom (Spring Festival)
98. Robin (male)
99. Robin (female)
100. Robin (female, Ylissean Summer)
101. Lissa
102. Frederick
103. Frederick (Ylissean Summer)
104. Sully
105. Stahl
106. Cordelia
107. Cordelia (Bridal Blessings)
108. Gaius
109. Gaius (Ylissean Summer)
110. Donnel
111. Lon’qu
112. Olivia
113. Henry
114. Tharja
115. Virion
116. Cherche
117. Tiki (adult)
118. Tiki (adult, Ylissean Summer)
119. Nowi
120. Lucina
121. Lucina (Spring Festival)
122. Marth (masked)

Fates
123. Corrin (male)
124. Corrin (female)
125. Corrin (female, Nohrian Summer)
126. Azura
127. Gunter
128. Felicia
129. Jakob
130. Ryoma
131. Saizo
132. Kagero
133. Hinoka
134. Azama
135. Setsuna
136. Takumi
137. Hinata
138. Oboro
139. Sakura
140. Hana
141. Subaki
142. Xander
143. Xander (Spring Festival)
144. Xander (Nohrian Summer)
145. Laslow
146. Peri
147. Camilla
148. Camilla (Spring Festival)
149. Selena
150. Beruka
151. Leo
152. Leo (Nohrian Summer)
153. Odin
154. Niles
155. Elise
156. Elise (Nohrian Summer)
157. Arthur
158. Effie
159. Charlotte (Bridal Blessings)

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Full list:

Hide contents

Heroes
1. Alfonse
2. Sharena
3. Anna

Shadow Dragon / New Mystery
4. Marth
5. Jagen
6. Cain
7. Abel
8. Draug
9. Gordin
10. Luke
11. Roderick
12. Caeda
13. Caeda (Bridal Blessings)
14. Ogma
15. Barst
16. Linde
17. Jeorge
18. Michalis
19. Minerva
20. Maria
21. Palla
22. Catria
23. Est
24. Merric
25. Camus
26. Sheena
27. Tiki (young)
28. Katarina 
29. Clarisse
30. Legion
31. Navarre
32. Wrys
33. Athena

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
34. Alm
35. Lukas
36. Gray
37. Tobin
38. Faye
39. Clair
40. Clive
41. Celica
42. Mae
43. Boey
44. Genny
45. Saber
46. Leon
47. Mathilda
48. Delthea
49. Sonya
50. Berkut

Genealogy of the Holy War
51. Eldigan
52. Lachesis
53. Seliph
54. Julia

Thracia 776
55. Reinhardt
56. Olwen

Binding Blade
57. Roy
58. Lilina
59. Gwendolyn
60. Raigh
61. Cecilia
62. Klein
63. Clarine
64. Zephiel
65. Narcian
66. Shanna
67. Bartre
68. Fir
69. Sophia
70. Fae

Blazing Blade
71. Eliwood
72. Lyn
73. Lyn (Bridal Blessings)
74. Hector
75. Matthew
76. Serra
77. Raven
78. Lucius
79. Rebecca
80. Priscilla
81. Florina
82. Karel
83. Hawkeye
84. Ninian
85. Lloyd
86. Jaffar
87. Ursula
88. Nino

Sacred Stones
89. Eirika
90. Ephraim

Path of Radiance
91. Ike
92. Titania
93. Soren
94. Mist

Radiant Dawn
95. Sanaki

Awakening
96. Chrom
97. Chrom (Spring Festival)
98. Robin (male)
99. Robin (female)
100. Robin (female, Ylissean Summer)
101. Lissa
102. Frederick
103. Frederick (Ylissean Summer)
104. Sully
105. Stahl
106. Cordelia
107. Cordelia (Bridal Blessings)
108. Gaius
109. Gaius (Ylissean Summer)
110. Donnel
111. Lon’qu
112. Olivia
113. Henry
114. Tharja
115. Virion
116. Cherche
117. Tiki (adult)
118. Tiki (adult, Ylissean Summer)
119. Nowi
120. Lucina
121. Lucina (Spring Festival)
122. Marth (masked)

Fates
123. Corrin (male)
124. Corrin (female)
125. Corrin (female, Nohrian Summer)
126. Azura
127. Gunter
128. Felicia
129. Jakob
130. Ryoma
131. Saizo
132. Kagero
133. Hinoka
134. Azama
135. Setsuna
136. Takumi
137. Hinata
138. Oboro
139. Sakura
140. Hana
141. Subaki
142. Xander
143. Xander (Spring Festival)
144. Xander (Nohrian Summer)
145. Laslow
146. Peri
147. Camilla
148. Camilla (Spring Festival)
149. Selena
150. Beruka
151. Leo
152. Leo (Nohrian Summer)
153. Odin
154. Niles
155. Elise
156. Elise (Nohrian Summer)
157. Arthur
158. Effie
159. Charlotte (Bridal Blessings)

I'm on it- I wasn't really spending my stamina that well today anyway.

I believe all I have left to clear are Ylissean Summer and Spring Festival for three seasonal characters there, two maps from Chapter 12 for Leon, Mathilda, Saber, Clive and then I need to pick up a Sheena somewhere.

At least, I think that's what it was.

Lots of nice little surprises. It's not quite the flood of content that 1.5 was. But I just went to spend shards on a character to promote them to 4 star for skill inheritance. The default level it chooses is no longer 40, but 20. How perfect is that?

20 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Lots of nice little surprises. It's not quite the flood of content that 1.5 was. But I just went to spend shards on a character to promote them to 4 star for skill inheritance. The default level it chooses is no longer 40, but 20. How perfect is that?

Yeah, that tweak is really nice. Lot of little things that show they're really paying attention to how people play the game and how it can become more friendly to that.